Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Memories

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
greatwhiteway
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:52 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Postby greatwhiteway » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:31 pm

silenziatori wrote:Do any of you know where the mailboxes for writing professors are located?

Caf floor, outside the school mailroom... I think it's on the other end of the corridor where all the journal offices are.

User avatar
silenziatori
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Postby silenziatori » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:10 pm

greatwhiteway wrote:
silenziatori wrote:Do any of you know where the mailboxes for writing professors are located?

Caf floor, outside the school mailroom... I think it's on the other end of the corridor where all the journal offices are.


Yeah, I found it. It's closed for the weekend.

User avatar
silenziatori
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Postby silenziatori » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:12 pm

frogandprince wrote:
silenziatori wrote:
frogandprince wrote:
silenziatori wrote:I know of one person who got a response for the casting call.


Aw, that's disappointing, I've always wanted to be an extra :(


http://www.bgroundinc.com/


Don't you need a password for that?


I think you need to sign up with the agency first.

User avatar
the fledgling
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:57 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Postby the fledgling » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:21 pm

So I think we need a good time. I nominate karaoke for said good time. Any takers?

greatwhiteway
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:52 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Postby greatwhiteway » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:55 pm

the fledgling wrote:So I think we need a good time. I nominate karaoke for said good time. Any takers?


You know you all wanna.... lol
We should do this while we haven't lost our senses of humor yet.

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Postby OperaSoprano » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:32 pm

greatwhiteway wrote:
the fledgling wrote:So I think we need a good time. I nominate karaoke for said good time. Any takers?


You know you all wanna.... lol
We should do this while we haven't lost our senses of humor yet.


I vote for karaoke, though you guys really should come out now. We started drinking, then sbalive and antipodean took us on a tour of CLS. Someone said it made Fordham look shabby, and I tried to kill them with a stiletto. Now we're at a Cuban bar somewhere uptown. The Columbians are most gracious hosts. Excelsiorcaelo, aka Zefron, is back in town from Harvard and wants to see us. I probably have to put my blackberry away now. Much love.

User avatar
silenziatori
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Postby silenziatori » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:28 pm

Anybody want to go see Paranormal Activity this afternoon, at 5?

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Postby OperaSoprano » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:37 pm

silenziatori wrote:Anybody want to go see Paranormal Activity this afternoon, at 5?


I'll meet you guys for food if you go out somewhere before or after. 8) I'm going into memo mode as soon as I finish my TLS duties. So jealous that you're done with that!

User avatar
silenziatori
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Postby silenziatori » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:53 am

I think I found a Vietnamese place for us, for Pho:

Xe Lua - 212 577 8887 at 86 Mulberry, between Canal and Bayard.

It doesn't have a website. Haven't tried calling, but hopefully it's still there.

EDIT: Here is the link to a thread that discusses this restaurant:

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/501852

Every Vietnamese restaurant I've looked up so far has gotten at least a couple of tepid reviews that make me uneasy about trying the place out. If any of you find one you think would be a safer bet, please let us know.

If we're in the mood for some Banh Mi, there's an awesome-sounding Banh Mi place that is located at the back of a jewelry store in Little Italy we might want to try out.

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Postby OperaSoprano » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:41 pm

silenziatori wrote:I think I found a Vietnamese place for us, for Pho:

Xe Lua - 212 577 8887 at 86 Mulberry, between Canal and Bayard.

It doesn't have a website. Haven't tried calling, but hopefully it's still there.

EDIT: Here is the link to a thread that discusses this restaurant:

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/501852

Every Vietnamese restaurant I've looked up so far has gotten at least a couple of tepid reviews that make me uneasy about trying the place out. If any of you find one you think would be a safer bet, please let us know.

If we're in the mood for some Banh Mi, there's an awesome-sounding Banh Mi place that is located at the back of a jewelry store in Little Italy we might want to try out.


I'd be up for any Vietnamese place, and can do some research as well.

User avatar
silenziatori
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Postby silenziatori » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:19 pm

Anybody want to come with me to see The Rza do a reading at Barnes and Noble on Thursday?

User avatar
extremesandwich
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:45 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Postby extremesandwich » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:45 pm

Just got the e-mail about the cruise thing. Anyone else thinking about doing it? It's a little expensive ($45-$55) but it's an open bar and food and being on a pretty boat with pretty Fordham people and all that.

User avatar
silenziatori
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Postby silenziatori » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:30 pm

extremesandwich wrote:Just got the e-mail about the cruise thing. Anyone else thinking about doing it? It's a little expensive ($45-$55) but it's an open bar and food and being on a pretty boat with pretty Fordham people and all that.


$45. :|

User avatar
the fledgling
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:57 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Postby the fledgling » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:18 pm

silenziatori wrote:
extremesandwich wrote:Just got the e-mail about the cruise thing. Anyone else thinking about doing it? It's a little expensive ($45-$55) but it's an open bar and food and being on a pretty boat with pretty Fordham people and all that.


$45. :|


My sentiments exactly. And I think it will be cold. :(

User avatar
silenziatori
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Postby silenziatori » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:32 pm

the fledgling wrote:
silenziatori wrote:
extremesandwich wrote:Just got the e-mail about the cruise thing. Anyone else thinking about doing it? It's a little expensive ($45-$55) but it's an open bar and food and being on a pretty boat with pretty Fordham people and all that.


$45. :|


My sentiments exactly. And I think it will be cold. :(


Fuck this, we should do something else fun. Rager at somebody's place or something else that won't force us to pay $ 45 for fun.

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Postby OperaSoprano » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:38 pm

silenziatori wrote:
the fledgling wrote:
silenziatori wrote:
extremesandwich wrote:Just got the e-mail about the cruise thing. Anyone else thinking about doing it? It's a little expensive ($45-$55) but it's an open bar and food and being on a pretty boat with pretty Fordham people and all that.


$45. :|


My sentiments exactly. And I think it will be cold. :(


Fuck this, we should do something else fun. Rager at somebody's place or something else that won't force us to pay $ 45 for fun.


I like that plan, and I couldn't go anyway, since I have class until 9:40.

greatwhiteway
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:52 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Postby greatwhiteway » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:42 pm

fledgling and I were discussing maybe something a little snazzier than a rager... lol

User avatar
silenziatori
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Postby silenziatori » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:42 pm

greatwhiteway wrote:fledgling and I were discussing maybe something a little snazzier than a rager... lol


Hey, since when can't a rager be snazzy?

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Postby OperaSoprano » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:48 pm

silenziatori wrote:
greatwhiteway wrote:fledgling and I were discussing maybe something a little snazzier than a rager... lol


Hey, since when can't a rager be snazzy?


It can, if you have this stuff:

Image

User avatar
sentinal5656
Posts: 371
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Postby sentinal5656 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:12 pm

i have been summoned.

User avatar
silenziatori
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Postby silenziatori » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:15 pm

sentinal5656 wrote:i have been summoned.

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
sentinal5656
Posts: 371
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Postby sentinal5656 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:17 pm

silenziatori wrote:
sentinal5656 wrote:i have been summoned.

--ImageRemoved--



LOLLLLLLLLLLL

User avatar
lawpanda
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:39 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Postby lawpanda » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:01 pm

So, anyone watch Top Chef?

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Postby OperaSoprano » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:11 pm

lawpanda wrote:So, anyone watch Top Chef?


Haha, don't make me hungry. Are you FT or PT?

User avatar
silenziatori
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Postby silenziatori » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:17 pm

lawpanda wrote:So, anyone watch Top Chef?


Oh snap! I'll be there.




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest