Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Memories

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
amyraydun

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby amyraydun » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:32 am

Thank you so much for this info. Ordering books now, will pick them up tomorrow. Section 07- anyone else?

the fledgling

Postby the fledgling » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:41 am

amyraydun wrote:Thank you so much for this info. Ordering books now, will pick them up tomorrow. Section 07- anyone else?

No problem! You may want to shop around. The books in many cases are more expensive through Fordham.

ManyHats

Postby ManyHats » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:49 am

jrock12 wrote:
ManyHats wrote:PT-ers: (esp. Section 9/10)

Am I missing something? Is there anything we need to prepare or bring to class for the LegalPractice session (which 9/10 has Thursday night and 11/12 has on MOnday)?

And... aren't you just loving it so far?

as far as i know, we have nothing to do for legal practice...and we get out earlier tonight!

i really really like prof. kainen, i hope i'm lucky enough to have a professor similar to him again

That's what I thought... but wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something. Thanks.

And, yes, I quite like Prof. Kainen as well... he seems quite sensitive to his task, which, seems to me, is to initiate us rather gently (I'd say) into the socratic method and the study of case law. He's self-effacing, gregarious, pretty clear in his logic, and, so far, stating his expectations. I caught that he felt the summer got cut off a little too early by this schedule, so I'm really grateful to him for his attitude!

VictoryFord

Postby VictoryFord » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:10 pm

when using the bookstore website do we enter our section number or do we enter the last three digits from the course number? either way I can't seem to find many books. Any section 4ers get books? How about section 3ers, did you get crim. law and contracts books?

cold day in new york. brr

ascremer

Postby ascremer » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:55 pm

VictoryFord wrote:when using the bookstore website do we enter our section number or do we enter the last three digits from the course number? either way I can't seem to find many books. Any section 4ers get books? How about section 3ers, did you get crim. law and contracts books?

cold day in new york. brr

didnt someone say it was really hot yesterday and today its cold already?!? =(
i wanna continue tanning when I get back to the city!! :lol: :lol:

frogandprince

Postby frogandprince » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:10 pm

the fledgling wrote:
frogandprince wrote:
the fledgling wrote:
broach911 wrote:I too am worried but mainly because orientation is Monday and I still haven't received anything besides my Case of a Lifetime book. When I call Admission asking about MyFordham login they say I have to wait for the IT department to email me the info. Has anyone received this email?

I received a letter in the mail last week from the IT office. At least admissions is getting back to you. I asked for proof of my full time student status on Monday (I need it to into my family's healthcare plan) and nothing. I would call or go there myself, but work has been insane and I never have the time when someone's in the office.

I needed proof I'll be a full time student for healthcare too, and it was a bitch to get. I had to call and email the same person quite a few times before I actually got to them, and then had to pick up the letter saying I was a student in person.

Any chance you remember who that person is? I am up for going there and getting it myself.

It was Kate Cunningham. You can try emailing her at kcunningham@law.fordham.edu

silenziatori

Postby silenziatori » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:44 am

So you guys don't get caught by surprise, it looks like we won't be getting the loan refunds until the end of August. Fordham will receive the loan money on the 21st, then it will take around a week to process our refunds. Guess that means it can take less or more than a week to get the refunds. There may also be a glitch with the direct deposit system since apparently Fordham is changing direct deposit systems right now.

the fledgling

Postby the fledgling » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:50 am

Well, Fordham has reportedly certified my Grad Plus loans. They don't know when they did it, nor can they tell me when HESC will get the certification, but supposedly they're certified.

And no one can find my direct deposit form.... perhaps because, like Silenz mentioned, they're switching systems.

CORRECTION: They did find my form (phew!). Something good came out of being on hold!

silenziatori

Postby silenziatori » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:00 pm

I'm contemplating not sending in the direct deposit form at this point because I don't want there to be any further delay in receiving my refund.

ManhattanWombat

Postby ManhattanWombat » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:54 pm

Just got my confirm letter from Access Group to confirm my being approved for Fed Stafford loans. However, it says that I am in the Grad Program at Rose Hill, that I am a half-time student and that my anticipated graduation date is 12/23/10. Obviously, I am in the class of 2012, will be at Lincoln Center at the law school and I am full-time. Does anyone else have a similar problem? I'm POSITIVE I filled out the forms correctly, and triple-checked them. I just wish the administrative things would go smoothly - for once. Sorry to be so down.

broach911

Postby broach911 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:29 pm

Finally able to log on to my fordham. I'm in Section #3

the fledgling

Postby the fledgling » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:32 pm

ManhattanWombat wrote:Just got my confirm letter from Access Group to confirm my being approved for Fed Stafford loans. However, it says that I am in the Grad Program at Rose Hill, that I am a half-time student and that my anticipated graduation date is 12/23/10. Obviously, I am in the class of 2012, will be at Lincoln Center at the law school and I am full-time. Does anyone else have a similar problem? I'm POSITIVE I filled out the forms correctly, and triple-checked them. I just wish the administrative things would go smoothly - for once. Sorry to be so down.

ManhattanWombat, that sucks. I was told that Fordham University was handling the certification process--not the law school--which could explain why this happened to you. Call them asap.

Silenz, you really think it will be quicker not to direct deposit? Did they insinuate that?

hegemon

Postby hegemon » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:57 pm

Delete
Last edited by hegemon on Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sentinal5656

Postby sentinal5656 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:59 pm

the fledgling wrote:
ManhattanWombat wrote:Just got my confirm letter from Access Group to confirm my being approved for Fed Stafford loans. However, it says that I am in the Grad Program at Rose Hill, that I am a half-time student and that my anticipated graduation date is 12/23/10. Obviously, I am in the class of 2012, will be at Lincoln Center at the law school and I am full-time. Does anyone else have a similar problem? I'm POSITIVE I filled out the forms correctly, and triple-checked them. I just wish the administrative things would go smoothly - for once. Sorry to be so down.

ManhattanWombat, that sucks. I was told that Fordham University was handling the certification process--not the law school--which could explain why this happened to you. Call them asap.

Silenz, you really think it will be quicker not to direct deposit? Did they insinuate that?

I agree with Silenz. At this point, sending them more forms and changing around things will only confuse them and cause more delay. Fordham is not good with administrative stuff. That is one of their flaws. Oh well.

I don't mind that they release the funds late. But I hope they don't expect to be paid for tuition until they give my money. Right?

the fledgling

Postby the fledgling » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:03 pm

HESC has confirmed my Grad Plus loans :mrgreen:

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:22 pm

To Fledgling: yay!

To everyone: This is to formally invite you to our Tri-School Party. Bostonlegal and I are opening up our lovely brownstone to classmates, friends, and fellow law students. There will be choice refreshments on hand, and sweet snacks as well. If you can come, shoot me a PM, and I'll give you our address. We're quite convenient to the school. :D Yes, you can bring someone, just let us know how many people to expect!

What: Party at our house!

When: Fri, August 21st, 7:30 PM

Where: Our beautiful brownstone apartment on the UWS

Why: So we can all meet each other and toast Fordham!

Just a heads up: we have two really shy kitties that will probably hide the whole time, but we wanted to let people know, in case anyone is allergic.
Last edited by OperaSoprano on Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

revolution724

Postby revolution724 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:02 pm

I went to the bookstore today to pick up my Legal Process book, and it's CLOSED UNTIL MONDAY. :evil: I can't even believe it - have to find somewhere else to get it now. Grr!

extremesandwich

Postby extremesandwich » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:52 pm

For all who are interested, the financial aid website if finally working. You can visit https://fass.fordham.edu or link there from my.fordham.edu and look at your loan details and whatnot.

VictoryFord

Postby VictoryFord » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:32 pm

revolution724 wrote:I went to the bookstore today to pick up my Legal Process book, and it's CLOSED UNTIL MONDAY. :evil: I can't even believe it - have to find somewhere else to get it now. Grr!

i got mine at the textbook b&n at 18th&5th. They probably have it there, if you can't find it at a store closer to fordham.

madison202

Postby madison202 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:55 pm

my apologies if this has already been covered, but what are people planning on wearing to the first day of orientation? (day division)

revolution724

Postby revolution724 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:59 pm

VictoryFord wrote:
revolution724 wrote:I went to the bookstore today to pick up my Legal Process book, and it's CLOSED UNTIL MONDAY. :evil: I can't even believe it - have to find somewhere else to get it now. Grr!

i got mine at the textbook b&n at 18th&5th. They probably have it there, if you can't find it at a store closer to fordham.

I'll go look tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!

revolution724

Postby revolution724 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:00 pm

madison202 wrote:my apologies if this has already been covered, but what are people planning on wearing to the first day of orientation? (day division)

I was kind of wondering this too. >.>

Woodbane77

Postby Woodbane77 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:17 pm

revolution724 wrote:
madison202 wrote:my apologies if this has already been covered, but what are people planning on wearing to the first day of orientation? (day division)

I was kind of wondering this too. >.>

Probably a nice pair of jeans and a buttoned shirt. Nothing too fancy we are students after all.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:26 pm

Since I've made it through the first week already:

Boy outfits: Concur with Woodbane. Nice striped button down, preferably not wrinkled, and dark denim.

Girl outfits: A skirt, just above the knee, and cute top, or a sundress and jacket or cardigan. Girls get a bit more latitude, but still probably should avoid anything that screams "beach" or "Meatpacking District."

<3 from the fashion school grad.

revolution724

Postby revolution724 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:46 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:Since I've made it through the first week already:

Boy outfits: Concur with Woodbane. Nice striped button down, preferably not wrinkled, and dark denim.

Given the options, I'll take the boy outfit. Short sleeved button down ok or too dorky?

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”