Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Memories

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
frogandprince

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby frogandprince » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:03 pm

silenziatori wrote:
frogandprince wrote:Last night at AEP, the director of student affairs said that apparently no one has been "officially" assigned to a section, even though many of us have already found our section number on my.fordham.edu. She recommended that we not buy our textbooks until we are officially assigned to our sections.

Shit. Does this mean it's possible our "unofficial" section assignments will be changed? I guess I can't be pissed if this happens since they've been saying all along that we will receive our section assignments in early August. It'd be pretty embarrassing for me on the FB group, though, since I gave everyone there the directions on how to find their sections.

frogandprince, I don't know if you're on the FB group, but if you don't mind, I want to provide everyone with this info.

I'm not on the FB group, you can go ahead. Also, AEP is very very careful to let us know nothing is set in stone to the extent that each session is recorded, but we're not even allowed access to the records. So it may just be that the sections we've found WILL be our sections, but Student Affairs doesn't want to get in trouble with the registar's office if it turns out they put in the wrong sections while switching to a new system.

I'm assuming our "official" sections will be on the Admitted Students' Website.

silenziatori

Postby silenziatori » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:08 pm

ZXCVBNM wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about this announcement. I was at AEP too. It was just to cover their asses I think.

Thanks, zxcvbnm.

silenziatori

Postby silenziatori » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:10 pm

frogandprince wrote:I'm not on the FB group, you can go ahead. Also, AEP is very very careful to let us know nothing is set in stone to the extent that each session is recorded, but we're not even allowed access to the records. So it may just be that the sections we've found WILL be our sections, but Student Affairs doesn't want to get in trouble with the registar's office if it turns out they put in the wrong sections while switching to a new system.

I'm assuming our "official" sections will be on the Admitted Students' Website.

I hope the sections we've found are the right ones. So far they haven't updated the Admitted Students Website with section information, but we'll find out if the information on my.fordham.edu is accurate soon enough.

frogandprince

Postby frogandprince » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:29 pm

I got a letter today from the Technology department that gives your ID number and your username. You should be trying to access email from http:mail.lawnet.fordham.edu, and your password is your ID number (including the letter that comes before it).

silenziatori

Postby silenziatori » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:32 pm

frogandprince wrote:I got a letter today from the Technology department that gives your ID number and your username. You should be trying to access email from http:mail.lawnet.fordham.edu, and your password is your ID number (including the letter that comes before it).

I logged in! Thanks!

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:47 am

I guess I'll call them tomorrow. I tried that, using the info in my letter, and it hasn't worked.

sentinal5656

Postby sentinal5656 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:11 am

Damnit! I am not at home and so I won't be able to log into my Fordham Law email for a bit. Is there anything special about it?

revolution724

Postby revolution724 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:07 am

frogandprince wrote:I got a letter today from the Technology department that gives your ID number and your username. You should be trying to access email from http:mail.lawnet.fordham.edu, and your password is your ID number (including the letter that comes before it).

A letter? As in snail mail? I haven't seen one yet.

Woodbane77

Postby Woodbane77 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:39 am

I managed to log into my law.fordham.edu email; nothing really special from what I can tell. According to the tech department, it looks as though we are supposed to forward our regular fordham e-mail to our law school e-mail to avoid confusion and make the process less complicated.
Link: http://law.fordham.edu/information-syst ... g/7798.htm

Instructions on forwarding your e-mail can be found here.
Link: --LinkRemoved--).pdf

jrock12

Postby jrock12 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:17 am

Woodbane77 wrote:I managed to log into my law.fordham.edu email; nothing really special from what I can tell. According to the tech department, it looks as though we are supposed to forward our regular fordham e-mail to our law school e-mail to avoid confusion and make the process less complicated.

what if you've never set up the regular fordham.edu address in the first place

Woodbane77

Postby Woodbane77 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:21 am

jrock12 wrote:
Woodbane77 wrote:I managed to log into my law.fordham.edu email; nothing really special from what I can tell. According to the tech department, it looks as though we are supposed to forward our regular fordham e-mail to our law school e-mail to avoid confusion and make the process less complicated.

The regular e-mail is the one the university sends general announcements to, so it would probably be advisable to go ahead and register it.

jrock12

Postby jrock12 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:30 am

Woodbane77 wrote:
jrock12 wrote:

The regular e-mail is the one the university sends general announcements to, so it would probably be advisable to go ahead and register it.

ok thanks

looks like they'll be covering this at the technology orientation that is scheduled on the orientation schedule--for those having trouble

silenziatori

Postby silenziatori » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:03 am

OperaSoprano wrote:I guess I'll call them tomorrow. I tried that, using the info in my letter, and it hasn't worked.

Have you tried using the FIDN that's listed on your my.fordham.edu account as your password? The username should be the same as the one you have for the @fordham.edu address.

ascremer

Postby ascremer » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:11 am

I just went professional attire shopping! Soooo excited to wear them all
:D
This law school thing is getting pretty expensive with 1 K for books another for clothes but I'm hoping it will pay back =)

extremesandwich

Postby extremesandwich » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:28 am

Wahoo! According to the memo in the student account section, my Stafford loans are finally going through!

Also, thanks for linking the law.fordham.edu thing. It's a good thing too, because there's an e-mail there from 2 days ago regarding my Fordham award.

Now I just need to wait for the Gradplus...

geoanthem

Postby geoanthem » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:47 am

Thought this might be helpful for those trying to add their law.fordham.edu you their blackberries.

http://law.fordham.edu/assets/isp/tech- ... kberry.pdf

revolution724

Postby revolution724 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:20 am

Hmm, I'm getting a "This page cannot be found" error when I try to click that link.

silenziatori

Postby silenziatori » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:22 am

revolution724 wrote:

Hmm, I'm getting a "This page cannot be found" error when I try to click that link.

Use this link:

http://law.fordham.edu/assets/isp/tech-2forwardMirapoint(1).pdf

jrock12

Postby jrock12 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:08 pm

does anyone have the link handy (or quick directions) to setting up your regular fordham.edu email account?

ascremer

Postby ascremer » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:27 pm

on my fordham law webpage i cant have a complete list of my address book; it only lets me search according to last name,first name etc.
Cant i look at my address book as a complete list? Has anyone find out how to???

silenziatori

Postby silenziatori » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:29 pm

Yay! Room mate situation got fixed. :D

revolution724

Postby revolution724 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:32 pm

silenziatori wrote:Yay! Room mate situation got fixed. :D

Congrats! I still need one. At this rate, Frick and Frack and I are going to be living in a cardboard box. The noise level and security could be better, but the commute can't be beat. :roll:

silenziatori

Postby silenziatori » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:37 pm

revolution724 wrote:

Congrats! I still need one. At this rate, Frick and Frack and I are going to be living in a cardboard box. The noise level and security could be better, but the commute can't be beat. :roll:

:(

You'll find a roomie! Have you been looking at Brooklyn and Queens? You could potentially find something very reasonably priced, and not have to get a roommate at all.

sentinal5656

Postby sentinal5656 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:04 pm

silenziatori wrote:
revolution724 wrote:

You'll find a roomie! Have you been looking at Brooklyn and Queens? You could potentially find something very reasonably priced, and not have to get a roommate at all.

I agree with this. If you live near the E in queens, you commute will be very very reasonable since the E comes pretty close to Columbus circle.

revolution724

Postby revolution724 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:11 pm

silenziatori wrote:
revolution724 wrote:

I've been looking at Queens more than Brooklyn, but so far, not an abundance of luck. It's partly tough because I'm in Boston now (could be worse, I could be on the west coast) and still working, so going down to see places is complicated. My hope in finding a roommate is a better neighborhood for less money... so, we'll see. I adore my cats and am not to be parted with them, but they do make the housing search trickier.

Anyway, I'm glad for you that you got your sitch straightened out. For my part, I shall persevere.

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”