Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Memories

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
galobi

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby galobi » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:54 am

this has probably been addressed earlier in the thread, but i didn't see it. do we have a hard date for loan disbursement? is it likely to be 8/14 (three days before orientation) or 8/21 (three days before actual classes start)? guessing the latter, since evening students have a different orientation schedule, but i just wondered whether anyone had heard a concrete date from financial aid. thanks!

silenziatori

Postby silenziatori » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:02 am

galobi wrote:this has probably been addressed earlier in the thread, but i didn't see it. do we have a hard date for loan disbursement? is it likely to be 8/14 (three days before orientation) or 8/21 (three days before actual classes start)? guessing the latter, since evening students have a different orientation schedule, but i just wondered whether anyone had heard a concrete date from financial aid. thanks!

I was told we should receive our refund 3 days before classes start.

ascremer

Postby ascremer » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:03 am

silenziatori wrote:
galobi wrote:this has probably been addressed earlier in the thread, but i didn't see it. do we have a hard date for loan disbursement? is it likely to be 8/14 (three days before orientation) or 8/21 (three days before actual classes start)? guessing the latter, since evening students have a different orientation schedule, but i just wondered whether anyone had heard a concrete date from financial aid. thanks!

instead of having a -800 balance, i again have a 21K balance on my Fordham page, am I the only one??

silenziatori

Postby silenziatori » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:04 am

ascremer wrote:
silenziatori wrote:

instead of having a -800 balance, i again have a 21K balance on my Fordham page, am I the only one??

I have a 21k balance also... :?

sentinal5656

Postby sentinal5656 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:04 am

ascremer wrote:
silenziatori wrote:

same for me. don't worry. i think they are still getting their act together over there. i wouldn't really worry too much.

jrock12

Postby jrock12 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:05 am

along the same lines as galobi (if anyone has their tuition bill handy), when is the actual due date for payment?

ascremer

Postby ascremer » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:08 am

jrock12 wrote:along the same lines as galobi (if anyone has their tuition bill handy), when is the actual due date for payment?

when i called them they said that my bill was due aug 5th but if i was paying for it by scholarships and loans only then i could ignore the bill (which never arrived at my address anyway) :lol:

jrock12

Postby jrock12 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:22 am

ascremer wrote:
jrock12 wrote:along the same lines as galobi (if anyone has their tuition bill handy), when is the actual due date for payment?

when i called them they said that my bill was due aug 5th but if i was paying for it by scholarships and loans only then i could ignore the bill (which never arrived at my address anyway) :lol:

thanks

does anyone actually have the bill in front of them? for confirmation purposes

extremesandwich

Postby extremesandwich » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:47 am

For excited as I am for school, and I am, I'm pretty disappointed with how disorganized Fordham is on the administration front. It's kind of ridiculous that it's less than a month before classes begin and I (and most of you, it seems) don't know anything about one or both of our loans. Frankly, I find it kind of condescending that I keep on getting told to sit tight, since the difference between having $21K and not having $21K is pretty major.

/end rant.

I hope everything gets settled soon :(

silenziatori

Postby silenziatori » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:59 am

This is what I feel like right now:

sentinal5656

Postby sentinal5656 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:02 pm

extremesandwich wrote:For excited as I am for school, and I am, I'm pretty disappointed with how disorganized Fordham is on the administration front. It's kind of ridiculous that it's less than a month before classes begin and I (and most of you, it seems) don't know anything about one or both of our loans. Frankly, I find it kind of condescending that I keep on getting told to sit tight, since the difference between having $21K and not having $21K is pretty major.

/end rant.

I hope everything gets settled soon :(

It's a legit rant. But I bet many other school have similar administrative problems. Oh well.

ManyHats

Postby ManyHats » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:09 pm

broach911 wrote:
What I did not like is the filler. The book is essentially 45 or so pages of excellent and meaningful dialogue, and about 150 pages or so of useless fluff and repetition. Perhaps this book is geared towards female lawyers (that's the vibe I got)...

What a sexist crack!

Are you saying that female lawyers are 75% "useless fluff"? I challenge you to present that opinion to the author during Orientation!

revolution724

Postby revolution724 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:56 pm

I visited Financial Aid yesterday and they told me August 21.

revolution724

Postby revolution724 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:57 pm

silenziatori wrote:This is what I feel like right now:

YES. ME TOO.

Mostly because I still don't have a place to live. *sob* Fordham's been a bit of a bureaucratic nightmare itself, though.

extremesandwich

Postby extremesandwich » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:24 pm

In other news, I just picked up all my books from the bookstore! I figure if there are any changes, I can always return or exchange. Warning in advance: they're heavy.

Any other section 5 people now see Raymond Nunez as an additional professor listed for Criminal Law, Contracts, and Property? Also, a room and a professor are now assigned for property. Zephyr R. Teachout is listed, but I can't find her on ratemyprofessors at all, nor even on the Fordham faculty section. Maybe a visiting professor?

silenziatori

Postby silenziatori » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:42 pm

extremesandwich wrote:In other news, I just picked up all my books from the bookstore! I figure if there are any changes, I can always return or exchange. Warning in advance: they're heavy.

Any other section 5 people now see Raymond Nunez as an additional professor listed for Criminal Law, Contracts, and Property? Also, a room and a professor are now assigned for property. Zephyr R. Teachout is listed, but I can't find her on ratemyprofessors at all, nor even on the Fordham faculty section. Maybe a visiting professor?

I saw Raymond Nunez on there. He appears to be an IT guy, though. Not sure why his name is there. Zephyr R. Teachout. Interesting name.

http://www.law.duke.edu/fac/teachout/

Oh, cool! Teachout was the national director for the Sunlight Foundation. They're good peoples.
Last edited by silenziatori on Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jrock12

Postby jrock12 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:48 pm

jrock12 wrote:
ascremer wrote:

thanks

does anyone actually have the bill in front of them? for confirmation purposes

sorry to rant, but i really have a hard time understanding why no one at fordham can give a response to this? i called both admissions and financial aid and they both tell me its on the bill (despite me telling them i do not have my bill since it was sent to my permanent address)...they then transfer me to enrollment services where i am put on hold and never picked up...ugggh sorry

extremesandwich

Postby extremesandwich » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:51 pm

silenziatori wrote:
extremesandwich wrote:In other news, I just picked up all my books from the bookstore! I figure if there are any changes, I can always return or exchange. Warning in advance: they're heavy.

I saw Raymond Nunez on there. He appears to be an IT guy, though. Not sure why his name is there. Zephyr R. Teachout. Interesting name.

http://www.law.duke.edu/fac/teachout/

Oh, cool! Teachout was the national director for the Sunlight Foundation. They're good peoples.

Yeah, I saw the IT thing too. I'm not sure if it's just a mistake or if there's more than one Raymond Nunez. I also found a ratemyporfessors thing for Prof. Teachout, but it was only for a undergrad polisci course, so I don't think it'll be comparable to her teaching law.

the fledgling

Postby the fledgling » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:01 pm

I think we have a right to rant. It's two weeks before orientation (one for PT students) and less than a month before classes, and most of us are hearing little to nothing from the administration. I'm less than pleased with my financial aid situation, especially given the fact that I completed my eMPNs for my loans quite some time ago (and that process in and of itself was unnecessarily convoluted). Meanwhile, expenses are buidling up, I gave my notice at work (which I didn't want to do until after I received confirmation on said loans), and I will be beyond screwed if my loans don't come through. Beyond.

Other things like orientation, classes, and health care are all very "figure it out yourself", which in many ways is fine. We're adults. But the websites don't always work (especially after normal business hours, which is when I generally have the time to look at them) and when they do the content isn't always clear.

Thank God for TLS. I would've freaked out by now if I never came upon this forum.

That said, I look forward to going to Fordham. Truly. But that feeling's tinged with a bit of worry and frustration.

jrock12

Postby jrock12 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:04 pm

the fledgling wrote:I think we have a right to rant. It's two weeks before orientation (one for PT students) and less than a month before classes, and most of us are hearing little to nothing from the administration. I'm less than pleased with my financial aid situation, especially given the fact that I completed my eMPNs for my loans quite some time ago (and that process in and of itself was unnecessarily convoluted). Meanwhile, expenses are buidling up, I gave my notice at work (which I didn't want to do until after I received confirmation on said loans), and I will be beyond screwed if my loans don't come through. Beyond.

Other things like orientation, classes, and health care are all very "figure it out yourself", which in many ways is fine. We're adults. But the websites don't always work (especially after normal business hours, which is when I generally have the time to look at them) and when they do the content isn't always clear.

Thank God for TLS. I would've freaked out by now if I never came upon this forum.

That said, I look forward to going to Fordham. Truly. But that feeling's tinged with a bit of worry and frustration.

+1

and for those who were also wondering, i was able to finally find my bill on my.fordham and $ is due tomorrow like ascremer said....i'm hoping that just means postmarked by tomorrow

the fledgling

Postby the fledgling » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:05 pm

Maybe Teachout is a T.A.? Getting a PhD in law?

And I bet you'll be fine Jrock. I honestly can't see how they'd hold that postmark against you (seriously).

silenziatori

Postby silenziatori » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:05 pm

the fledgling wrote:Thank God for TLS. I would've freaked out by now if I never came upon this forum.

+ a big-ass number

silenziatori

Postby silenziatori » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:09 pm

the fledgling wrote:Maybe Teachout is a T.A.? Getting a PhD in law?

And I bet you'll be fine Jrock. I honestly can't see how they'd hold that postmark against you (seriously).

I think you meant Ramirez, right?

I'm excited to have Teachout as a prof.

the fledgling

Postby the fledgling » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:12 pm

silenziatori wrote:
the fledgling wrote:Maybe Teachout is a T.A.? Getting a PhD in law?

I think you meant Ramirez, right?

I'm excited to have Teachout as a prof.

Whoops. Yes. Teachout will be teaching Property, right? (What an apt name.)

silenziatori

Postby silenziatori » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:15 pm

the fledgling wrote:Whoops. Yes. Teachout will be teaching Property, right? (What an apt name.)

:lol:

Yeah. And, for which we only have one book, apparently....

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”