Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Memories

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
CrazyLawStudent

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby CrazyLawStudent » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:01 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
silenziatori wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:Can we talk about Case of a Lifetime? I finally got my copy today. How did you guys read it? I made the mistake of beginning the book on the 2 uptown, and nearly became a traffic fatality because I couldn't put it down long enough to cross Broadway at 72nd St. I just made it through the first chapter, and I cannot stop shaking. I seriously had to stop reading every couple of pages to take some deep breaths. Intro to the Study of Law had better not be like this!

Whatever Fordham wanted to accomplish by sending us this book, I think it worked. I should probably confess that Les Miserables (the unabridged novel) made a deep impact on me years ago. It was really, really hard to read this.

:lol:

I know! It doesn't get any harder to put down. It's actually getting me interested in being a public defender. Gotta work on my fucking language though, if you catch my fucking drift (you'll get to that part).

I can help with that. Goddamn this fucking book for making me so upset! I don't know which is worse, actually reading it or attempting to stop doing so. Our school has a clinic like that... right?
If it makes you upset (and it does me too) imagine what it would be like being such a person's lawyer. Of course all lawyering involves responsibility, but that's a heavy burden to bear, I think. I think books like this could definitely make up your mind one way or the other about criminal law, that's for sure!

greatwhiteway

Postby greatwhiteway » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:03 pm

silenziatori wrote:
We will suffer together.

Oye... sounds like a plan. :|

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:15 pm

CrazyLawStudent wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
silenziatori wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:Can we talk about Case of a Lifetime? I finally got my copy today. How did you guys read it? I made the mistake of beginning the book on the 2 uptown, and nearly became a traffic fatality because I couldn't put it down long enough to cross Broadway at 72nd St. I just made it through the first chapter, and I cannot stop shaking. I seriously had to stop reading every couple of pages to take some deep breaths. Intro to the Study of Law had better not be like this!

Whatever Fordham wanted to accomplish by sending us this book, I think it worked. I should probably confess that Les Miserables (the unabridged novel) made a deep impact on me years ago. It was really, really hard to read this.

I know! It doesn't get any harder to put down. It's actually getting me interested in being a public defender. Gotta work on my fucking language though, if you catch my fucking drift (you'll get to that part).

I can help with that. Goddamn this fucking book for making me so upset! I don't know which is worse, actually reading it or attempting to stop doing so. Our school has a clinic like that... right?
If it makes you upset (and it does me too) imagine what it would be like being such a person's lawyer. Of course all lawyering involves responsibility, but that's a heavy burden to bear, I think. I think books like this could definitely make up your mind one way or the other about criminal law, that's for sure!

I can only sit back and admire that kind of courage. I have to go finish it now.

CrazyLawStudent

Postby CrazyLawStudent » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:40 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
CrazyLawStudent wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
silenziatori wrote:

I can only sit back and admire that kind of courage. I have to go finish it now.
Totally! Enjoy!

ZXCVBNM

Postby ZXCVBNM » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:41 am

Is anyone else having trouble logging onto my.fordham.edu?

ascremer

Postby ascremer » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:52 am

silenziatori wrote:
ascremer wrote:2) On the Orientation schedule for the Day Division the legal process course begins at 2pm on Monday and on the next 3 days the course is limited to 3 hours. Im guessing this is not the whole orientation program but rather just the schedule for the course. do you guys know where we can get the complete orientation schedule?

Thanks!!

I'm confused, are you looking at this schedule?:

--LinkRemoved--

Yes that schedule

ascremer

Postby ascremer » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 am

CrazyLawStudent wrote:
ascremer wrote:Two questions:
1) When I'm selecting the textbook list on Fordham Bookstore webpage it allows you to choose sections once you choose your course name
Although I am in section 3, for example my property course code is PRGL 0107 - 005. Do I choose Section 5 or Section 3?
For Legal Writing it asks for the whole code so you can choose 106-005 but its not the same for my other three courses.
Does anyone know which way to go?

2) On the Orientation schedule for the Day Division the legal process course begins at 2pm on Monday and on the next 3 days the course is limited to 3 hours. Im guessing this is not the whole orientation program but rather just the schedule for the course. do you guys know where we can get the complete orientation schedule?

Thanks!!
1. I think you pick your overall section (3) rather than your course section. I say this because when you click on Legal Writing, for example, it lists your course code rather than sections, and it lists the full code, letters and all. On all the others, it only lists 01, 02, 03, etc. (through to 12, and there are 12 overall sections), and to me if they wanted course codes for all of them they would put the full code for all of them, rather than the full code for some, and a code that looks suspiciously like an overall section code for the rest.

of course, since I already bought my books with that theory, I'm hoping it's correct. :wink:

2. Can't help you here, sorry.

Thank you!!

the fledgling

Postby the fledgling » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:12 am

silenziatori wrote:

:lol: Let me know when you all finish it! I'd love to discuss.

the fledgling

Postby the fledgling » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:16 am

ZXCVBNM wrote:Is anyone else having trouble logging onto my.fordham.edu?

Seems to be working now.

silenziatori

Postby silenziatori » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:41 am

ascremer wrote:
silenziatori wrote:
ascremer wrote:2) On the Orientation schedule for the Day Division the legal process course begins at 2pm on Monday and on the next 3 days the course is limited to 3 hours. Im guessing this is not the whole orientation program but rather just the schedule for the course. do you guys know where we can get the complete orientation schedule?

Thanks!!

--LinkRemoved--

Yes that schedule

That schedule shows all the other orientation activities besides Legal Process, except for whatever we'll all be doing during the nights. Are you looking to find out what's going on during the nights?

ascremer

Postby ascremer » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:41 am

how do we find the syllabus for each course?
under week at a glance i click on the course name and it shows the details for the course but there is no syllabus!
help?? :oops:

silenziatori

Postby silenziatori » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:42 am

the fledgling wrote:
silenziatori wrote:

30 pages away.

OS, did you finish it last night?

silenziatori

Postby silenziatori » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:44 am

ascremer wrote:how do we find the syllabus for each course?
under week at a glance i click on the course name and it shows the details for the course but there is no syllabus!

I think at this point it depends on the professors. The crim law professor for Sections 5 and 6 has already posted the syllabus, but none of our other professors have posted syllabuses.

ascremer

Postby ascremer » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:45 am

silenziatori wrote:
ascremer wrote:
silenziatori wrote:

Thanks!!

--LinkRemoved--

Yes that schedule

That schedule shows all the other orientation activities besides Legal Process, except for whatever we'll all be doing during the nights. Are you looking to find out what's going on during the nights?

Im sorry I checked it again and I wasnt looking at that schedule
The one i found was the syllabus and schedule for the legal process course
And now I cant open the link you sent =( under what file, on what page did you find that???

ascremer

Postby ascremer » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:46 am

silenziatori wrote:
ascremer wrote:how do we find the syllabus for each course?

I think at this point it depends on the professors. The crim law professor for Sections 5 and 6 has already posted the syllabus, but none of our other professors have posted syllabuses.

but where do they post this?
is there a blackboard kind of thing or do you just click on the course name on your schedule (week at a glance)

Tron

Postby Tron » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:49 am

the fledgling wrote:
silenziatori wrote:

were we supposed to buy this on our own?

silenziatori

Postby silenziatori » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:49 am

ascremer wrote:Im sorry I checked it again and I wasnt looking at that schedule
And now I cant open the link you sent =( under what file, on what page did you find that???

Ah, gotcha. You can find the orientation schedule on the admitted students website. It is next to the Legal Process Syllabus.

The admitted students website seems to be down, which could explain why the link isn't working.
Last edited by silenziatori on Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

silenziatori

Postby silenziatori » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:54 am

Tron wrote:were we supposed to buy this on our own?

Nah, Fordham is supposed to mail you a copy.

the fledgling

Postby the fledgling » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:18 am

ascremer wrote:Im sorry I checked it again and I wasnt looking at that schedule

I'm having that same problem, but in my case I think it's my computer. My Adobe at work refuses to open PDFs from websites. It's really annoying.

You could have the same problem though.

the fledgling

Postby the fledgling » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:19 am

silenziatori wrote:The admitted students website seems to be down, which could explain why the link isn't working.

maybe it isn't my computer then! not that that would make it any better...

extremesandwich

Postby extremesandwich » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:19 am

Is anyone else not able to view the admitted students page?

Also, way lame about the student survey. I wasn't able to view it till yesterday (the link was broken) and it's supposed to be due on the 30th.

Also, it's a giant pain in the ass that Fordham sent the book to my home address instead of my current one.

Argh, I just want all the loans to go through and everything to be okay already :(

geoanthem

Postby geoanthem » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:31 am

What do you say on the survey about planning to transfer into the day program from the evening program? I thought saying this from the begining might not be kosher. Any thoughts?

silenziatori

Postby silenziatori » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:34 am

geoanthem wrote:What do you say on the survey about planning to transfer into the day program from the evening program? I thought saying this from the begining might not be kosher. Any thoughts?

I figure they can't do anything to you at this point, so it wouldn't hurt you to indicate your intent to transfer.

silenziatori

Postby silenziatori » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:36 am

extremesandwich wrote:Is anyone else not able to view the admitted students page?

Also, way lame about the student survey. I wasn't able to view it till yesterday (the link was broken) and it's supposed to be due on the 30th.

Also, it's a giant pain in the ass that Fordham sent the book to my home address instead of my current one.

Argh, I just want all the loans to go through and everything to be okay already :(

Yeah, the admitted students page is down.

Sorry about the rest. The book is a quick and easy read, so no rush there. Everything else should be worked out by the time we start.

geoanthem

Postby geoanthem » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:37 am

silenziatori wrote:
geoanthem wrote:What do you say on the survey about planning to transfer into the day program from the evening program? I thought saying this from the begining might not be kosher. Any thoughts?

I figure they can't do anything to you at this point, so it wouldn't hurt you to indicate your intent to transfer.

Thanks Silenz, I thought so.

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”