Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Memories

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
pammy1985
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby pammy1985 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:45 am

silenziatori wrote:
Tron wrote:Anybody getting this message when trying to log into oasis?


Stop The following error was encountered:

Unable to find the response template name in the config file


Yep. I can't even enter any login information because that error message is the first thing I get.


Try using Firefox. I can't figure out how to log in yet, but Firefox will get you to the log in page.

geoanthem
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby geoanthem » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:47 am

log out of my.fordham.edu and then log in again. and go to oasis through there. It should work. It won't let me login anyway, however.

User avatar
silenziatori
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby silenziatori » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:49 am

pammy1985 wrote:Try using Firefox. I can't figure out how to log in yet, but Firefox will get you to the log in page.


Really? I am using Firefox...I guess I'll log out of my.fordham and log in again. This is like jiggling a key to get a door open.

pammy1985
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby pammy1985 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:58 am

silenziatori wrote:
pammy1985 wrote:Try using Firefox. I can't figure out how to log in yet, but Firefox will get you to the log in page.


Really? I am using Firefox...I guess I'll log out of my.fordham and log in again. This is like jiggling a key to get a door open.


Firefox works for me, but I wish I knew how to log in. This is really strange.

pammy1985
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby pammy1985 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:13 am

About the last 4 of zip code being your password for oasis:

Are you guys talking about the last 4 of the first 5 numbers (if zip code is 10017, then password would be 0017) or the 4 digits that appear at the end of your 5 number zipcode (10017-xxxx)?

geoanthem
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby geoanthem » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:15 am

pammy1985 wrote:About the last 4 of zip code being your password for oasis:

Are you guys talking about the last 4 of the first 5 numbers (if zip code is 10017, then password would be 0017) or the 4 digits that appear at the end of your 5 number zipcode (10017-xxxx)?

Do you live in 10017? Thats my NYC zip-code :)

pammy1985
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby pammy1985 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:17 am

geoanthem wrote:
pammy1985 wrote:About the last 4 of zip code being your password for oasis:

Are you guys talking about the last 4 of the first 5 numbers (if zip code is 10017, then password would be 0017) or the 4 digits that appear at the end of your 5 number zipcode (10017-xxxx)?

Do you live in 10017? Thats my NYC zip-code :)


I wish I did, but I only work at 10017.

geoanthem
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby geoanthem » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:20 am

pammy1985 wrote:
geoanthem wrote:
pammy1985 wrote:About the last 4 of zip code being your password for oasis:

Are you guys talking about the last 4 of the first 5 numbers (if zip code is 10017, then password would be 0017) or the 4 digits that appear at the end of your 5 number zipcode (10017-xxxx)?

Do you live in 10017? Thats my NYC zip-code :)


I wish I did, but I only work at 10017.

What are your cross-streets?

teedy
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:44 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby teedy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:24 am

has anyone been able to get a copy of the legal process textbook yet?

geoanthem
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby geoanthem » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:25 am

I have it, but the place I got it from only had the one in stock.

User avatar
silenziatori
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby silenziatori » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:26 am

geoanthem wrote:I have it, but the place I got it from only had the one in stock.


Ditto.

EDIT: Try shopping around on different websites. I got mine from an Alibris seller for ~ $ 35.
Last edited by silenziatori on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Woodbane77
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby Woodbane77 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:27 am

teedy wrote:has anyone been able to get a copy of the legal process textbook yet?


If you're referring to the Intro to Law book by Makdisi, I don't think it's available from the university bookstore just yet but you should be able to order one online from Lexis Nexis for $45.

Link: http://www.lexisnexis.com/store/catalog ... odId=45249

User avatar
the fledgling
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:57 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby the fledgling » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:31 am

pammy1985 wrote:
silenziatori wrote:
pammy1985 wrote:Try using Firefox. I can't figure out how to log in yet, but Firefox will get you to the log in page.


Really? I am using Firefox...I guess I'll log out of my.fordham and log in again. This is like jiggling a key to get a door open.


Firefox works for me, but I wish I knew how to log in. This is really strange.


The login pages isn't showing up for me and I'm getting that error message for every linking on the site :(

Exciting news about the syllabus though!

User avatar
the fledgling
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:57 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby the fledgling » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:33 am

Woodbane77 wrote:
teedy wrote:has anyone been able to get a copy of the legal process textbook yet?


If you're referring to the Intro to Law book by Makdisi, I don't think it's available from the university bookstore just yet but you should be able to order one online from Lexis Nexis for $45.

Link: http://www.lexisnexis.com/store/catalog ... odId=45249


Its fully stocked in the store. New copies only. At least it was three weeks ago. Are you in NYC/can you get here?

Someone had found a copy on the web... Also the ISBN on the ASW is wrong, as is the title. Search back in this thread re: drama with this book.

teedy
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:44 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby teedy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:35 am

thanks for the info guys.

ascremer
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:25 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby ascremer » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:12 pm

teedy wrote:has anyone been able to get a copy of the legal process textbook yet?

Yes I did and read the first 80 pages
I think you only have to read the first half



Pin = zipcode last 4 digits
So in your cae 0017

pammy1985
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby pammy1985 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:28 pm

geoanthem wrote:
pammy1985 wrote:
geoanthem wrote:
pammy1985 wrote:About the last 4 of zip code being your password for oasis:

Are you guys talking about the last 4 of the first 5 numbers (if zip code is 10017, then password would be 0017) or the 4 digits that appear at the end of your 5 number zipcode (10017-xxxx)?

Do you live in 10017? Thats my NYC zip-code :)


I wish I did, but I only work at 10017.

What are your cross-streets?


45th and Lex.

User avatar
VictoryFord
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:19 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby VictoryFord » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:22 pm

section 4!

it looks like we will be with section three.

User avatar
silenziatori
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby silenziatori » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:34 pm

I don't know how accurate this is, but it looks like you can search for your textbooks by class and section on the bookstore's website.

User avatar
the fledgling
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:57 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby the fledgling » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:50 pm

silenziatori wrote:I don't know how accurate this is, but it looks like you can search for your textbooks by class and section on the bookstore's website.


That's a good way to find a rough estimate. Our class syllabi will be posted in a few weeks though, right?

I wonder if professors will contact their classes through email before or during orientation. It would be nice if we could get the syllabi early enough to take advantage of web-sales.

ascremer
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:25 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby ascremer » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:11 pm

VictoryFord wrote:section 4!

it looks like we will be with section three.

I'm in section 3
What class do we have together? contracts?

CrazyLawStudent
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 10:49 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby CrazyLawStudent » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:11 pm

I went ahead and bought the books listed as required from the bookstore today. Now hopefully I just won't get screwed over by last minute changes. I have until the first week of class to return/exchange, so it should be fine I would think.

They have a good used selection, athough I think I cleaned them out of the unmarked used copies. Sorry guys! haha.

pammy1985
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby pammy1985 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:16 pm

CrazyLawStudent wrote:I went ahead and bought the books listed as required from the bookstore today. Now hopefully I just won't get screwed over by last minute changes. I have until the first week of class to return/exchange, so it should be fine I would think.

They have a good used selection, athough I think I cleaned them out of the unmarked used copies. Sorry guys! haha.


Can you tell us how much you spent? Just trying to work it into my budget so I don't go hungry. :mrgreen:

User avatar
the fledgling
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:57 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby the fledgling » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:22 pm

Email of reassurance from the financial aid office:

"A number of you have called and emailed asking about the status of your Grad PLUS loans and/or your Private Loans. The University has begun processing these loans, but because the process is not yet complete HESC or your lenders might not yet have any information for your loans. They might tell you they are waiting on Fordham for certification which they are! This is normal, so please don't worry.

Thank you for your patience."

Question related to books: Are suggested E&Es and hornbooks listed on the bookstore site as well?

CrazyLawStudent
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 10:49 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby CrazyLawStudent » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:25 pm

pammy1985 wrote:
CrazyLawStudent wrote:I went ahead and bought the books listed as required from the bookstore today. Now hopefully I just won't get screwed over by last minute changes. I have until the first week of class to return/exchange, so it should be fine I would think.

They have a good used selection, athough I think I cleaned them out of the unmarked used copies. Sorry guys! haha.


Can you tell us how much you spent? Just trying to work it into my budget so I don't go hungry. :mrgreen:
Yeah, about $630. :shock: :cry: I bought used everything I could.

The total is probably different depending on what section you are in though. I'm in section 2.




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest