Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Memories

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
User avatar
silenziatori
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby silenziatori » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:47 am

CatchOF wrote:
sentinal5656 wrote:
sentinal5656 wrote:Im in section 6!!!

But im all alone :(



bump! anyone is section 6... anyone?

sigh




I am in section 6. Dumb question, but is this FT or PT? I got accepted PT but my registration says I'm in the FT program. Help? Also, listed as not registered for classes.


Innnnnteresting. Section 6 would be full-time. You should definitely call to confirm which program you're in.
Last edited by silenziatori on Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
the fledgling
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:57 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby the fledgling » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:47 am

frogandprince wrote:Haha, be glad. I'm trying to brief a couple of cases right now and it's very slow going.


Better now than later, in my opinion. And Catch, if I were you I'd contact the office. If the site says FT and you were expecting/need PT then something's up. Did your bill have part time or full time tuition?

CatchOF
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby CatchOF » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:56 am

the fledgling wrote:
frogandprince wrote:Haha, be glad. I'm trying to brief a couple of cases right now and it's very slow going.


Better now than later, in my opinion. And Catch, if I were you I'd contact the office. If the site says FT and you were expecting/need PT then something's up. Did your bill have part time or full time tuition?




Called admissions--they made a mistake. Guess I'm not in section 6! Paid for PT tuition.

User avatar
the fledgling
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:57 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby the fledgling » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:25 am

Glad that got worked out, Catch. That paired with the bill situation (I'm jealous that you've actually paid) is slightly worrisome. But I guess all's well that ends well...

Question: Does anyone know if you have to pay for the bowling and boat cruise events that go with orientation? I haven't decided if I want to participate in either yet, but I figured I'd check "interested" on the form so that my options would be open. I just don't want to end up with a bill for bowling and a boat cruise that I may or may not go on.

pammy1985
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby pammy1985 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:41 am

jrock12 wrote:
sentinal5656 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:Does anyone have a section 11/12 evening schedule? I love you guys.



LOL Opera. Isn't it 630-10 Monday - Thursday for all evening students? If anything, its basically going to be at night, haha.


i though it was 6-9, but could be mistaken


I thought that too, but I really hope sentinal is right about 6:30. That means I won't have to take cabs every day.

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby OperaSoprano » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:44 am

pammy1985 wrote:
jrock12 wrote:
sentinal5656 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:Does anyone have a section 11/12 evening schedule? I love you guys.



LOL Opera. Isn't it 630-10 Monday - Thursday for all evening students? If anything, its basically going to be at night, haha.


i though it was 6-9, but could be mistaken


I thought that too, but I really hope sentinal is right about 6:30. That means I won't have to take cabs every day.


I also heard 6 to 9. Someone pm FLS08?

jrock12
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:47 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby jrock12 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:04 pm

i know others were at first, but is anyone else still having trouble getting into oasis

JamesT
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:55 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby JamesT » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:06 pm

According to this thread, classes can start at 6 or 6:30. Also, if you look at the past course schedules on Fordham's website, some start at 6, some start at 6:30.

pammy1985
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby pammy1985 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:48 pm

JamesT wrote:According to this thread, classes can start at 6 or 6:30. Also, if you look at the past course schedules on Fordham's website, some start at 6, some start at 6:30.


You think I can request my classes to start at 6:30? I'm afraid they'll kick me out any day now because I've been bothering them so much about everything.

User avatar
extremesandwich
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:45 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby extremesandwich » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:50 pm

Wahoo! My Forham bill, previously over $21K, now is at -$800. So I guess my Stafford loans finally went through. Now hopefully my Grad Plus will as well and I'll actually be okay. :D


Edit: I'm registered now as well!!!!! Schedule is UP! Yay for section 5!

Edit 2: Let me know if any of you fellow section 5 types want to see the schedule.

JamesT
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:55 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby JamesT » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:04 pm

pammy1985 wrote:
JamesT wrote:According to this thread, classes can start at 6 or 6:30. Also, if you look at the past course schedules on Fordham's website, some start at 6, some start at 6:30.


You think I can request my classes to start at 6:30? I'm afraid they'll kick me out any day now because I've been bothering them so much about everything.


I'm not the best person to ask, since I'm in the early stages of the law school process (studying for LSAT, applying for 2010 cycle). However, from what I have read, the 1L schedule is fixed and you don't have a choice.

CrazyLawStudent
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 10:49 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby CrazyLawStudent » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:05 pm

Schedule for section 2 is up now. It looks complicated on the page, so I'll try to summarize and post in a minute.

Also, my balance is now -$800. Yay! haha

Edit:

Legal Process: TBA (Treanor)

Monday:
10-11:50 - Torts (Martin)

Tuesday:
9:30-10:50 - Property (Macey),
2-2:50 - Crim Law (Marcus)

Wednesday:
9-9:50 - Legal Wri/Resrch (TBA)
11-12:20 - Torts (Martin)
2-3:50 - Property (Macey)

Thursday:
9:30-10:50 - Torts (Martin)
2-3:50 - Crim Law (Marcus)

Friday:
9-10:50 - Legal Wri/Resrch (TBA)
11:30-12:50 - Property (Macey)

Marcus: http://ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=538600
Martin: http://ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=351572
Macey: http://ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=1228836
Last edited by CrazyLawStudent on Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pammy1985
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby pammy1985 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:07 pm

JamesT wrote:
pammy1985 wrote:
JamesT wrote:According to this thread, classes can start at 6 or 6:30. Also, if you look at the past course schedules on Fordham's website, some start at 6, some start at 6:30.


You think I can request my classes to start at 6:30? I'm afraid they'll kick me out any day now because I've been bothering them so much about everything.


I'm not the best person to ask, since I'm in the early stages of the law school process (studying for LSAT, applying for 2010 cycle). However, from what I have read, the 1L schedule is fixed and you don't have a choice.


Oops sorry. But my schedule is already up! Holy crap I can't believe it!!! :D :D :D I start at 6 M, T and Th and at 6:30 on W. I'm taking Property, Criminal and Legal Research and Writing.

casper00
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:12 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby casper00 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:11 pm

.
Last edited by casper00 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

pammy1985
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby pammy1985 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:14 pm

casper00 wrote:
pammy1985 wrote:
Oops sorry. But my schedule is already up! Holy crap I can't believe it!!! :D :D :D I start at 6 M, T and Th and at 6:30 on W. I'm taking Property, Criminal and Legal Research and Writing.


Interesting I'm also PT (12) and taking Contracts Crim LR and LW. Does anyone know anything about professors?


I'm going to look them up at ratemyprofessor.com

JamesT
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:55 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby JamesT » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:16 pm

pammy1985 wrote:
JamesT wrote:
pammy1985 wrote:
JamesT wrote:According to this thread, classes can start at 6 or 6:30. Also, if you look at the past course schedules on Fordham's website, some start at 6, some start at 6:30.


You think I can request my classes to start at 6:30? I'm afraid they'll kick me out any day now because I've been bothering them so much about everything.


I'm not the best person to ask, since I'm in the early stages of the law school process (studying for LSAT, applying for 2010 cycle). However, from what I have read, the 1L schedule is fixed and you don't have a choice.


Oops sorry. But my schedule is already up! Holy crap I can't believe it!!! :D :D :D I start at 6 M, T and Th and at 6:30 on W. I'm taking Property, Criminal and Legal Research and Writing.


Can you provide your exact schedule? I'm curious when classes end each day, and if there are breaks between.

CrazyLawStudent
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 10:49 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby CrazyLawStudent » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:31 pm

Is Legal Process basically Civil Procedure?

User avatar
Tron
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby Tron » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:33 pm

four consecutive days of 9 am class. great

pammy1985
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby pammy1985 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:38 pm

JamesT wrote:
JamesT wrote:


Can you provide your exact schedule? I'm curious when classes end each day, and if there are breaks between.


PM.

User avatar
the fledgling
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:57 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby the fledgling » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:43 pm

extremesandwich wrote:Edit 2: Let me know if any of you fellow section 5 types want to see the schedule.


Yes please!

EDIT: My schedule is up as well! And I have a -$800 in my bill. Still waiting on the Grad Plus to go through (I need that surplus).
Last edited by the fledgling on Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
silenziatori
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby silenziatori » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:45 pm

Cool, I have access to the schedule as well.

User avatar
extremesandwich
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:45 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby extremesandwich » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:46 pm

Only profs listed for me so far are Helen Hadjiyannakis Bender, Deborah W. Denno, and James L. Kainen.

Prof. Bender is given a mediocre rating on Ratemyprofessors.com, but Prof. Denno seems to be popular (but hard)! Prof. Kainen is supposed to be funny, but really hard.

User avatar
the fledgling
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:57 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby the fledgling » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:49 pm

silenziatori wrote:Cool, I have access to the schedule as well.


Well we have class five days a week.

jrock12
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:47 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby jrock12 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:49 pm

the fledgling wrote:
extremesandwich wrote:Edit 2: Let me know if any of you fellow section 5 types want to see the schedule.


Yes please!

EDIT: My schedule is up as well! And I have a -$800 in my bill. Still waiting on the Grad Plus to go through (I need that surplus).


i dont think the billing section is accurate...its definitely not for me at least (not loan related)

User avatar
silenziatori
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby silenziatori » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:52 pm

the fledgling wrote:
silenziatori wrote:Cool, I have access to the schedule as well.


Well we have class five days a week.


Si?




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest