Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Memories Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
geoanthem

Bronze

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Post by geoanthem » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:39 am

For evening students, I think 9 and 10 consolodate and 11 and 12. So Opera I guess I will be with you after all.

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:41 am

silenziatori wrote:
silenziatori wrote:
ag123 wrote:i know i haven't posted in here pretty much ever.... i'm one of those onlookers i guess, but i just found a course schedule on my.fordham.edu. not sure if any of you have seen it yet. here's the instructions: http://www.fordham.edu/images/portal_ch ... hedule.pdf
Thanks! I didn't find a course schedule because I'm apparently not registered, but I did find out that I am in Section 5.

EDIT: In order to find out your section, follow the instructions linked by ag123 all the way through step 5. Instead of clicking on the registration link, click on the student records link, then click on the view student information link. Your section is listed next to "Block."

Did you guys have to enter a UserID and PIN...?

JoshHK

New

Post by JoshHK » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:41 am

sentinal5656 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
OracleFromOregon wrote:How did you guys get login info to the my.fordham.edu site? Oh god....
I believe you just follow the prompts on the website, and then follow the steps to get your section assignment. I hope you're in 12. I feel lonely.

What steps? i dont see any.
it's all on p 56 of this thread... go to: http://www.fordham.edu/images/portal_ch ... hedule.pdf

follow steps 1-5. except instead of hitting "registration" in the Student tab, you hit Student Records, then View Student Information. Your section is your "Block:"

extremesandwich

New

Post by extremesandwich » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:45 am

silenziatori wrote:
ManhattanWombat wrote:Section 5 here!
Section 5 high-five!
Rock on section 5! Any idea what our schedule is like? (Still not listed as registered :()

Oh, and thank you to the person who posted the Rose-hill campus number. I called and apparently, even though I filled out all my Stafford stuff in April, there was the online form that I didn't know about. So everything should (god willing) be filled out and good to go!

Also, if you're going to call, call early in the morning.

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:50 am

extremesandwich wrote:
silenziatori wrote:
ManhattanWombat wrote:Section 5 here!
Section 5 high-five!
Rock on section 5! Any idea what our schedule is like?

Oh, and thank you to the person who posted the Rose-hill campus number. I called and apparently, even though I filled out all my Stafford stuff in April, there was the online form that I didn't know about. So everything should (god willing) be filled out and good to go!

YEAH!

Don't know our schedule, but if anyone else does, please post it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JamesT

New

Post by JamesT » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:52 am

Anyone in the evening division? If so, can you post your schedule? I'm applying for the 2010 cycle evening division, and am curious what is looks like. Thanks.

JoshHK

New

Post by JoshHK » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:55 am

extremesandwich wrote: Oh, and thank you to the person who posted the Rose-hill campus number. I called and apparently, even though I filled out all my Stafford stuff in April, there was the online form that I didn't know about. So everything should (god willing) be filled out and good to go!

what's the rose hill fin. aid. #? i can't find it... (i'll confess, i didn't look that hard... but i want to double check that i've done everything right.

extremesandwich

New

Post by extremesandwich » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:57 am

JoshHK wrote:
extremesandwich wrote: Oh, and thank you to the person who posted the Rose-hill campus number. I called and apparently, even though I filled out all my Stafford stuff in April, there was the online form that I didn't know about. So everything should (god willing) be filled out and good to go!

what's the rose hill fin. aid. #? i can't find it... (i'll confess, i didn't look that hard... but i want to double check that i've done everything right.

718-817-5069

JoshHK

New

Post by JoshHK » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:01 am

extremesandwich wrote:
JoshHK wrote:

718-817-5069
thank you kind sir.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

extremesandwich

New

Post by extremesandwich » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:24 am

JoshHK wrote:
extremesandwich wrote:
JoshHK wrote:

718-817-5069
thank you kind sir.

Ma'am. But you're welcome!

I think my book went to the wrong address, so hopefully I'll receive it today. I'm excited to read it now.

Woodbane77

New

Post by Woodbane77 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:28 am

Section 2! No schedule yet though...

Ninja Edit: Did anyone else notice it says "Student Information effective from Fall 2009 to The End of Time" at the top of the general student records page? That's kind of awesome and slightly disturbing all at once.
Last edited by Woodbane77 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

jrock12

Bronze

Post by jrock12 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:30 am

pammy1985 wrote:Section 9...I'm all alone. :(
i'm with you in 9

has anyone seen an evening class schedule?

JoshHK

New

Post by JoshHK » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:36 am

extremesandwich wrote:

I think my book went to the wrong address, so hopefully I'll receive it today. I'm excited to read it now.
apologies, ma'am. my book went to my perm. address in massachusetts as well... having my parents send it to me today. i'm excited too... but i'll have to tackle it alongside another book we're supposed to read for AEP. fun fun.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:36 am

JoshHK wrote:
extremesandwich wrote:

apologies, ma'am. my book went to my perm. address in massachusetts as well... having my parents send it to me today. i'm excited too... but i'll have to tackle it alongside another book we're supposed to read for AEP. fun fun.
Same. They send everything to my perm address in MA though I've been living in NYC for a year...

JoshHK

New

Post by JoshHK » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:39 am

geoanthem wrote:For evening students, I think 9 and 10 consolodate and 11 and 12. So Opera I guess I will be with you after all.
sweet... yeah, the upperclassmen were saying something along these lines... each section is 30-40 people (you stay in your section for legal writing), but bigger classes are all 2 sections combined...

getting excited! so orientation for us part-timers starts on August 10th... do you guys know if we go through the whole Legal Process 'course' thing with the day students? or if we're on a separate schedule?

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:41 am

Woodbane77 wrote:Section 2! No schedule yet though...

Ninja Edit: Did anyone else notice it says "Student Information effective from Fall 2009 to The End of Time" at the top of the general student records page? That's kind of awesome and slightly disturbing all at once.
:lol:

I was going to mention this. It is a little disturbing.

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:43 am

silenziatori wrote:
Woodbane77 wrote:Section 2! No schedule yet though...

:lol:

I was going to mention this. It is a little disturbing.
Weird.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

greatwhiteway

New

Post by greatwhiteway » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:08 pm

Hello all :D I'm in section 5 too!

Anyone here staying in McMahon Hall?

Woodbane77

New

Post by Woodbane77 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:17 pm

greatwhiteway wrote:Hello all :D I'm in section 5 too!

I'm living there. Since I'm moving from CA and was WAY too lazy to try and find an apartment, it seemed like the best option. I haven't gotten to see the rooms yet but the building is ridiculously close to the law school, so that's a plus.

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:21 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA after making 5 skype calls to fordham registrar it financial aid and other departments i finally managed to claim my fordham email!!!!!
apparently the problem was caused because of my home address in Turkey for which i didnt know the postal code (they rarely use it here)
I feel like I am a step closer to being a Fordham Law student
also, unlike emails, phone calls were a fast and efficient way in solving my problems! :P

And im in section 3!!

jrock12

Bronze

Post by jrock12 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:31 pm

ascremer wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA after making 5 skype calls to fordham registrar it financial aid and other departments i finally managed to claim my fordham email!!!!!
apparently the problem was caused because of my home address in Turkey for which i didnt know the postal code (they rarely use it here)
also, unlike emails, phone calls were a fast and efficient way in solving my problems! :P

And im in section 3!!

is there any point to getting a regular fordham email address? rather than simply waiting to get the law.fordham address?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Woodbane77

New

Post by Woodbane77 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:40 pm

jrock12 wrote:
ascremer wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA after making 5 skype calls to fordham registrar it financial aid and other departments i finally managed to claim my fordham email!!!!!

And im in section 3!!

is there any point to getting a regular fordham email address? rather than simply waiting to get the law.fordham address?
I was under the impression we weren't getting law.fordham.edu addresses?

Ninja edit: I googled it and there's a PDF guide to forwarding your regular e-mail to your law school e-mail so I suppose we are getting law school e-mail addresses

greatwhiteway

New

Post by greatwhiteway » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:52 pm

Woodbane77 wrote:

I'm living there. Since I'm moving from CA and was WAY too lazy to try and find an apartment, it seemed like the best option. I haven't gotten to see the rooms yet but the building is ridiculously close to the law school, so that's a plus.
Yeah... I took one look at Craigslist and opted to save myself some trouble. I'm just hoping for reasonable roommates! :)

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:58 pm

greatwhiteway wrote:
Woodbane77 wrote:

Yeah... I took one look at Craigslist and opted to save myself some trouble. I'm just hoping for reasonable roommates! :)
Wow, 4 of us in Section 5 so far. Any others?

Also, I will be in McMahon.

Tron

New

Post by Tron » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:59 pm

Section 3, whats good J Rock?

Also in McMahon, but not sure where yet.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”