Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Memories

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
User avatar
silenziatori
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby silenziatori » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:39 pm

Just ordered the Intro to Law book from an Alibris seller. Hope he is as trustworthy as his ratings indicate he is. Thanks for the link, Wombat, and thanks for reminding me of the direct deposit form, fledgling!

Back to trying to sell furniture on Craigslist.

User avatar
sentinal5656
Posts: 371
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby sentinal5656 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:32 pm

Hey guys,

I just got my new laptop! Pretty excited about that. haha

I did not pre load office and other other anti virus software on here. I was hoping i could do that with fordham.

Does anyone know if we get office for free? or reduced price through fordham? Has anyone gone to fordham to configure their new laptops to their specs?

Woodbane77
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby Woodbane77 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:18 pm

silenziatori wrote:
CrazyLawStudent wrote:Hey guys!!!! Wow, we only have a month left, haha!

I'm getting kind of antsy. I feel like there's something I'm missing. When do we register for classes, or are they automatically assigned to us? Are we supposed to be registering for school email accounts or anything like that? Maybe I'm just freaking out over nothing, but I feel like I must be missing out on info or something. I mean, I only just discovered my Fordham ID for the first time on the bill I received yesterday! Very different from the first year process at undergrad, and that makes me nervous I'm doing something wrong...


Hello! We are automatically assigned our classes. I have no idea when they're going to assign us our email accounts, but they haven't said anything about them yet. I assume they'll tell us within the next month. I think all you have to worry about at this point is taking care of your financial aid, getting Fordham your official UG transcript, and the immunizations certification. Oh, and the housing, can't forget the housing.


I talked to one of the guys from the Tech Office and he told me e-mail accounts probably won't be assigned until late July/ Early August. (Which given the glacial pace of things so far probably means a few days before orientation.) I did manage to get into my my.fordham.edu account the other day but there was nothing of any real interest on the site. As others have said focus on financial aid, housing, and the "accepting our offer" stuff and you should be fine.

silenziatori wrote:I am happy to be drinking out of my Fordham water bottle. That is all.


My Fordham T-Shirt and I echo your sentiments.

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby OperaSoprano » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:35 pm

You guys are insufficiently devoted to the school. My good luck charm:

Image

User avatar
silenziatori
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby silenziatori » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:39 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:You guys are insufficiently devoted to the school. My good luck charm:

Image


*starts working on Fordham themed Iron Man armor*
Last edited by silenziatori on Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jdny09
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:47 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby jdny09 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:50 pm

What is this "into to law" book you all are talking about? Is it for that Legal Process class they teach during orientation? If so, I assure you your time is better spent going to the nightly happy hours durring orinentation. The test is a complete joke, I promise you will pass.

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby OperaSoprano » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:53 pm

jdny09 wrote:What is this "into to law" book you all are talking about? Is it for that Legal Process class they teach during orientation? If so, I assure you your time is better spent going to the nightly happy hours durring orinentation. The test is a complete joke, I promise you will pass.


:shock: There's a test during orientation? Is it graded?

User avatar
silenziatori
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby silenziatori » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:59 pm

jdny09 wrote:What is this "into to law" book you all are talking about? Is it for that Legal Process class they teach during orientation? If so, I assure you your time is better spent going to the nightly happy hours durring orinentation. The test is a complete joke, I promise you will pass.


:| Sounds like $ 45 well spent.

User avatar
the fledgling
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:57 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby the fledgling » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:07 am

ManhattanWombat wrote:Here is the direct deposit forms which Ms. McNatt sent my way ...

http://www.fordham.edu/images/finaid/di ... eement.pdf

Hope this helps :)


Yay, thanks!

And sentinal, Fordham will give us Norton Ant-virus for free (at least for mac students). Just shoot the tech office an email for specs for your computer--they're very helpful.

I really wish I hadn't spent $45 on that Intro book...

jdny09
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:47 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby jdny09 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:44 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
jdny09 wrote:What is this "into to law" book you all are talking about? Is it for that Legal Process class they teach during orientation? If so, I assure you your time is better spent going to the nightly happy hours durring orinentation. The test is a complete joke, I promise you will pass.


:shock: There's a test during orientation? Is it graded?


We did. They may have changed it though. We had this legal process class that met for like 4 days during the morning of orientation. Then we had a "test" that was graded pass/fail. There was much speculation in the section about whether you merely had to show a good faith attempt to answer the question presented, or whether you just needed something in writing. It was really all kind of silly. I think we got 1 credit out of it.

pammy1985
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby pammy1985 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:45 am

jdny09 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
jdny09 wrote:What is this "into to law" book you all are talking about? Is it for that Legal Process class they teach during orientation? If so, I assure you your time is better spent going to the nightly happy hours durring orinentation. The test is a complete joke, I promise you will pass.


:shock: There's a test during orientation? Is it graded?


We did. They may have changed it though. We had this legal process class that met for like 4 days during the morning of orientation. Then we had a "test" that was graded pass/fail. There was much speculation in the section about whether you merely had to show a good faith attempt to answer the question presented, or whether you just needed something in writing. It was really all kind of silly. I think we got 1 credit out of it.


I think we get the test also, but I was told that I shouldn't miss the class because it is mandatory.

User avatar
sentinal5656
Posts: 371
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby sentinal5656 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:02 pm

Apparently, we dont get office for free. and we MIGHT get one note? Did everyone purchase these products seperately? Anyone know any cheap deals, student discounts, or anything?

User avatar
silenziatori
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby silenziatori » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:16 pm

sentinal5656 wrote:Apparently, we dont get office for free. and we MIGHT get one note? Did everyone purchase these products seperately? Anyone know any cheap deals, student discounts, or anything?


We should be able to get a decent student discount on the software, no?

avon
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby avon » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:28 pm

Hi everyone! My roommate and I are rising 2Ls (female, in case you couldn't tell from the overuse of exclamation points) and we have a 3bdrm apartment on the UWS (97th and Columbus). We are looking for a third roommate. If you are looking for housing, please message me. The rent is $1000 per month and it is 3 blocks to the 1, 2, 3 and 2 blocks to the C, B. Door-to-door from the apt to Fordham is about 15 mins. Doorman, elevator, laundry, etc. I have a 7 lbs Maltese, so you have to like dogs. Thanks!

pammy1985
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby pammy1985 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:09 pm

I am so frustrated right now :x. I just called financial aid to make sure they have everything and was told that my GradPlus, which I completed through SallieMae, may not count because we are supposed to do it through HESC. What the hell is the difference? It's a GradPlus! Money coming from the government, no? I gotta wait to hear back from them, but I really didn't need this just a few weeks before school starts!!!! :evil:

ascremer
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:25 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby ascremer » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:14 pm

I just received my intro book today
It looks so boring! The book will be a fun read at the Mediterranean coast
:roll:

User avatar
silenziatori
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby silenziatori » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:28 pm

pammy1985 wrote:I am so frustrated right now :x. I just called financial aid to make sure they have everything and was told that my GradPlus, which I completed through SallieMae, may not count because we are supposed to do it through HESC. What the hell is the difference? It's a GradPlus! Money coming from the government, no? I gotta wait to hear back from them, but I really didn't need this just a few weeks before school starts!!!! :evil:


That sounds wrong. We've been told that we can go outside of HESC, with the risk being waiting longer for our loans to be processed.

pammy1985
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby pammy1985 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:32 pm

silenziatori wrote:
pammy1985 wrote:I am so frustrated right now :x. I just called financial aid to make sure they have everything and was told that my GradPlus, which I completed through SallieMae, may not count because we are supposed to do it through HESC. What the hell is the difference? It's a GradPlus! Money coming from the government, no? I gotta wait to hear back from them, but I really didn't need this just a few weeks before school starts!!!! :evil:


That sounds wrong. We've been told that we can go outside of HESC, with the risk being waiting longer for our loans to be processed.


Yeah, the lady definitely sounded like she wasn't sure what she was saying. I called the main campus in the Bronx and was told that they see my loan but they have yet to certify and process it. I'm still confused and frustrated! Are you sure about being able to go outside of HESC? Why would she say that? Do these ppl get appropriate training for the work they do? Sorry, absolutely annoyed today!!!!

User avatar
silenziatori
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby silenziatori » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:44 pm

pammy1985 wrote:
silenziatori wrote:
pammy1985 wrote:I am so frustrated right now :x. I just called financial aid to make sure they have everything and was told that my GradPlus, which I completed through SallieMae, may not count because we are supposed to do it through HESC. What the hell is the difference? It's a GradPlus! Money coming from the government, no? I gotta wait to hear back from them, but I really didn't need this just a few weeks before school starts!!!! :evil:


That sounds wrong. We've been told that we can go outside of HESC, with the risk being waiting longer for our loans to be processed.


Yeah, the lady definitely sounded like she wasn't sure what she was saying. I called the main campus in the Bronx and was told that they see my loan but they have yet to certify and process it. I'm still confused and frustrated! Are you sure about being able to go outside of HESC? Why would she say that? Do these ppl get appropriate training for the work they do? Sorry, absolutely annoyed today!!!!


I'm certain that there are at least 3 of us who had this confirmed by the Financial Aid office. I think the person you spoke to didn't know what they were talking about, but decided to give you an answer anyways.

jdny09
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:47 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby jdny09 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:02 pm

pammy1985 wrote:
jdny09 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
jdny09 wrote:What is this "into to law" book you all are talking about? Is it for that Legal Process class they teach during orientation? If so, I assure you your time is better spent going to the nightly happy hours durring orinentation. The test is a complete joke, I promise you will pass.


:shock: There's a test during orientation? Is it graded?


We did. They may have changed it though. We had this legal process class that met for like 4 days during the morning of orientation. Then we had a "test" that was graded pass/fail. There was much speculation in the section about whether you merely had to show a good faith attempt to answer the question presented, or whether you just needed something in writing. It was really all kind of silly. I think we got 1 credit out of it.


I think we get the test also, but I was told that I shouldn't miss the class because it is mandatory.


Oh, yeah, don't miss the class. I meant don't spend too much time actually reading for it. There's like an SBA event every night. By all means, go!

pammy1985
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby pammy1985 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:08 pm

silenziatori wrote:
pammy1985 wrote:
silenziatori wrote:
pammy1985 wrote:I am so frustrated right now :x. I just called financial aid to make sure they have everything and was told that my GradPlus, which I completed through SallieMae, may not count because we are supposed to do it through HESC. What the hell is the difference? It's a GradPlus! Money coming from the government, no? I gotta wait to hear back from them, but I really didn't need this just a few weeks before school starts!!!! :evil:


That sounds wrong. We've been told that we can go outside of HESC, with the risk being waiting longer for our loans to be processed.


Yeah, the lady definitely sounded like she wasn't sure what she was saying. I called the main campus in the Bronx and was told that they see my loan but they have yet to certify and process it. I'm still confused and frustrated! Are you sure about being able to go outside of HESC? Why would she say that? Do these ppl get appropriate training for the work they do? Sorry, absolutely annoyed today!!!!


I'm certain that there are at least 3 of us who had this confirmed by the Financial Aid office. I think the person you spoke to didn't know what they were talking about, but decided to give you an answer anyways.


Thanks! I feel a little better. Has anyone, other than me, applied outside of HESC?

User avatar
sentinal5656
Posts: 371
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby sentinal5656 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:15 pm

To Pammy's previous message:

I was going to apply outside of HESC for discover, but then I decided not to becuase of the hassle and delays...

User avatar
silenziatori
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby silenziatori » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:25 pm

Something else Fordham related you all can do right now if you're bored:

http://my.fordham.edu/cp/home/loginf

geoanthem
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby geoanthem » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:54 pm

silenziatori wrote:Something else Fordham related you all can do right now if you're bored:

http://my.fordham.edu/cp/home/loginf

Just did that. Can we get access to our Fordham email or no?

geoanthem
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby geoanthem » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:00 pm

nevermind figured it out.




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest