Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Memories

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
OperaSoprano

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby OperaSoprano » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:30 am

I'm slightly worried. Just got my bill, and though I applied for both GradPlus and Stafford loans on the same day, only my Stafford loans are showing up. Can everyone else see their GradPlus loans?

Also, I am thrilled that I qualified for some subsidized Stafford money! I was sure that I wouldn't. Uncle Sam, you are fucking awesome.

Congrats again to the newest members of our class! Remember to post in the TLS Class of 2012 thread, and join the Facebook group.

jrock12

Postby jrock12 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:24 am

along the same lines, if anyone else was curious...

i got an email from HESC very early this morning stating that my stafford loans were approved...i was happy to finally get some form of confirmation from them (i thought it was weird that after i signed my E-MPN that i got zero confirmation on anything after filing)....i filed FAFSA and signed my E-MPN several months ago (FAFSA back in January and E-MPN not too long after)

still debating on GradPlus...how long does it take to fill out the apps for these?

silenziatori

Postby silenziatori » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am

jrock12 wrote:along the same lines, if anyone else was curious...

i got an email from HESC very early this morning stating that my stafford loans were approved...i was happy to finally get some form of confirmation from them (i thought it was weird that after i signed my E-MPN that i got zero confirmation on anything after filing)....i filed FAFSA and signed my E-MPN several months ago (FAFSA back in January and E-MPN not too long after)

still debating on GradPlus...how long does it take to fill out the apps for these?

A little less than it takes to apply for the Stafford loans.

frost

Postby frost » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:48 am

my bill doesn't have any loan information on it even though i signed up for loans over a month ago. I spoke with finaid who said that the bills were mailed out earlier than expected, they're still in the process of making adjustments for loans, and anyone with a similar problem should just wait. they'll be sending out another bill (not sure when) but that should have all the final info on it.

whew! i got really nervous when i didn't see any loan info on my bill.

frost

Postby frost » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:50 am

btw is jdny still around? i miss hearing advice for us newbies! any good places around the area to study? i don't like the law library much..
Last edited by frost on Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

the fledgling

Postby the fledgling » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:29 am

OS, my Grad Plus loans didn't appear on my bill either. I called the office but it went straight to voicemail. The recording said they'd get back to me in 24 hrs, which isn't bad. After reading the email from them ("IMPORTANT BILL INFORMATION") and frost's post, I'm not worried. I hope they're not too overwhelmed :|

I also received that confirmation from the feds about my Stafford Loans. Glad to finally have something in writing. Hopefully one for Grad Plus will follow.

It's all getting pretty real now. Tomorrow will be exactly a month until orientation :D By the way, has anyone received that free book for orientation yet (the title escapes me at the moment)?

jrock12

Postby jrock12 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:15 pm

the fledgling wrote:OS, my Grad Plus loans didn't appear on my bill either. I called the office but it went straight to voicemail. The recording said they'd get back to me in 24 hrs, which isn't bad. After reading the email from them ("IMPORTANT BILL INFORMATION") and frost's post, I'm not worried. I hope they're not too overwhelmed :|

I also received that confirmation from the feds about my Stafford Loans. Glad to finally have something in writing. Hopefully one for Grad Plus will follow.

It's all getting pretty real now. Tomorrow will be exactly a month until orientation :D By the way, has anyone received that free book for orientation yet (the title escapes me at the moment)?

i havent gotten it yet...

and the book i orderded from lexis still hasnt been delivered...9 days! grrr

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:30 pm

the fledgling wrote:OS, my Grad Plus loans didn't appear on my bill either. I called the office but it went straight to voicemail. The recording said they'd get back to me in 24 hrs, which isn't bad. After reading the email from them ("IMPORTANT BILL INFORMATION") and frost's post, I'm not worried. I hope they're not too overwhelmed :|

I feel better now that I know I'm not alone in loan panic land. According to the fine print on the back of the bill, we have up to four weeks' forbearance, as long as we provide proof that the loans have been guaranteed and are awaiting disbursement.

PT students have three weeks to go. Three weeks!

Details of our upcoming party will hopefully follow. We have to find a couch and chairs first! I miss entertaining at home, although bars and lounges are so much fun. Once law school starts, we won't have time for any of it.

casper00

Postby casper00 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:37 pm

Last edited by casper00 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

VictoryFord

Postby VictoryFord » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:49 pm

casper00 wrote:Just moved in to my new place. Anyone know how to update a current address with Fordham?

you're going here too?! I remember you getting in on lsn, but didn't realize you had decided. cool. I actually looked this up recently because i'm moving soon too. you can just contact admissions; after july you would have to contact the registrar.

casper00

Postby casper00 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:57 pm

Last edited by casper00 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:18 pm

I'm off to get my transcript today... We can just have it sent to the admissions office, right?

jrock12

Postby jrock12 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:22 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:I'm off to get my transcript today... We can just have it sent to the admissions office, right?

thats what i did...my UG actually has a service that you can order from, so mine did not even come from me personally

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:29 pm

jrock12 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:I'm off to get my transcript today... We can just have it sent to the admissions office, right?

thats what i did...my UG actually has a service that you can order from, so mine did not even come from me personally

Thanks, Jrock. Mine too. Can I also just be lazy and ask my mom to fax my immunization records over? I'm not sure if they go to the admissions office as well. Has anyone just done it? Running around and can't do research this second.

<3 you guys.

jrock12

Postby jrock12 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:44 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
jrock12 wrote:

Thanks, Jrock. Mine too. Can I also just be lazy and ask my mom to fax my immunization records over? I'm not sure if they go to the admissions office as well. Has anyone just done it? Running around and can't do research this second.

<3 you guys.

immunization forms go to health services...

Fordham University Health Services
Attn: Immunizations
441 East Fordham Road
Bronx, NY 10458
phone: 718-817-4860
fax: 718-817-3218

VictoryFord

Postby VictoryFord » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:19 pm

Can we just have immunization records sent from our ug or do they need that form?

silenziatori

Postby silenziatori » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:26 pm

VictoryFord wrote:Can we just have immunization records sent from our ug or do they need that form?

Seems like they want your doctor to fill out that form.

jrock12

Postby jrock12 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:30 pm

VictoryFord wrote:Can we just have immunization records sent from our ug or do they need that form?

i called to ask and they said it was ok...i filled out the little personal info on the form they provided and just stapled the form i had to the back

pammy1985

Postby pammy1985 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:33 pm

Did you just graduate from UG or do we have to send them another transcript? I'm confused. :shock:

jrock12

Postby jrock12 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:44 pm

pammy1985 wrote:

Did you just graduate from UG or do we have to send them another transcript? I'm confused. :shock:

OS went to FIT, so i'm assuming its probably just easier for her to stop by campus and pick it up

the fledgling

Postby the fledgling » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:50 pm

jrock12 wrote:i havent gotten it yet...

and the book i orderded from lexis still hasnt been delivered...9 days! grrr

Well that sucks. On the bright side the assigned reading list isn't up yet, so at least you're not behind.

pammy1985

Postby pammy1985 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:05 pm

jrock12 wrote:
pammy1985 wrote:

OS went to FIT, so i'm assuming its probably just easier for her to stop by campus and pick it up

My question is why does she have to hand in a transcript? Do we have to give them an UG transcript even though we graduated 2 years ago?

silenziatori

Postby silenziatori » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:07 pm

pammy1985 wrote:
jrock12 wrote:
pammy1985 wrote:

My question is why does she have to hand in a transcript? Do we have to give them an UG transcript even though we graduated 2 years ago?

Yes, they require an official transcript from your UG school.

geoanthem

Postby geoanthem » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:15 pm

I had official transcripts from all 4 schools i attended sent when I applied (2 schools I attended, school I attended during the hurrican semester, and a summer session at ucla in high school). They are all official, do I need to go through all the hassle and send them again. I am in NYC and the schools are in Atlanta, New Orleans, Miami, and Los Angelos...

maiamimi

Postby maiamimi » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:15 pm

Hey all!
I am looking for a third roommate to share a place on the west side (most likely upper west or hells kitchen) with me and another girl. We are both friendly, fun and chill.
Let me know if you are interested!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”