Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Memories Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
lawpanda

New

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Talks About Food

Post by lawpanda » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:34 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
lawpanda wrote:So, anyone watch Top Chef?
Haha, don't make me hungry. Are you FT or PT?
FT

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:41 pm

I vote for a classy & fun outing that allows us to dress up. Preferably at a lounge or a nice, but not expensive, restaurant not in the UWS or HK.

I'd also like to go to Brooklyn at some point.

greatwhiteway

New

Post by greatwhiteway » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:27 pm

Ooh Brooklyn.

In more recent news:
Movie Friday night, when OS/F/I are done with Film Festival. Possibly a bite before.

extremesandwich

New

Post by extremesandwich » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:32 pm

the fledgling wrote:I vote for a classy & fun outing that allows us to dress up. Preferably at a lounge or a nice, but not expensive, restaurant not in the UWS or HK.

I'd also like to go to Brooklyn at some point.
Yes! People need to come to Brooklyn!

lawpanda

New

Post by lawpanda » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:18 pm

I hear good things about this "Brooklyn"

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:57 am

greatwhiteway wrote:Ooh Brooklyn.

In more recent news:
Movie Friday night, when OS/F/I are done with Film Festival. Possibly a bite before.
I'm good for anything on Friday night prior to midnight. :mrgreen: Can't wait!

lawpanda

New

Post by lawpanda » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:21 am

I need a good Halloween costume idea. I can't focus on Property without a costume. I thought about getting a stuffed fox and a shotgun and being Post, but only law students would enjoy it.

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:02 pm

lawpanda wrote:I need a good Halloween costume idea. I can't focus on Property without a costume. I thought about getting a stuffed fox and a shotgun and being Post, but only law students would enjoy it.
If you're gonna go the law route, you should be Dudley--a.k.a. the sailor lost at sea turned murderous cannibal. Or you could be poor Parker. Either has potential outside of the law school context.

lawpanda

New

Post by lawpanda » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:06 pm

the fledgling wrote:
lawpanda wrote:I need a good Halloween costume idea. I can't focus on Property without a costume. I thought about getting a stuffed fox and a shotgun and being Post, but only law students would enjoy it.
If you're gonna go the law route, you should be Dudley--a.k.a. the sailor lost at sea turned murderous cannibal. Or you could be poor Parker. Either has potential outside of the law school context.
Great ideas, but I think I need to separate the law school-ness from Halloween. So help me, if I'm at a party discussing the Statute of Frauds... it will not be good.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

frogandprince

New

Post by frogandprince » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:09 pm

lawpanda wrote:
the fledgling wrote:
Great ideas, but I think I need to separate the law school-ness from Halloween. So help me, if I'm at a party discussing the Statute of Frauds... it will not be good.
But if you're a at a party discussing cannibal sailors, it will be very good indeed.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:12 pm

Haha, you guys are awesome. I thought about an Elle Woods costume, but quickly reconsidered. I found a gorgeous vintage tulle skirt at Housing Works Thrift, so I'm going to pair it with my corset, and be a can can dancer. I just need to buy an outrageous ostrich feather for my hair.

Are you guys going to the Inter-Law School Halloween Party? After much confused digging, I figured out how I got invited by an NYU student, who received word from the Columbians, who planned the whole thing with funding from their school. Throwing a party is like a gigantic game of telephone, apparently. I told all our classmates on Facebook, but the event is open; anyone with an ID from an NYC law school (or a guest thereof) is welcome.

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:16 pm

frogandprince wrote:But if you're a at a party discussing cannibal sailors, it will be very good indeed.
Precisely. If there's any case that makes people think law school's cool, its Dudley & Stephens.

I'm still deciding on my costume. I'm considering a modern Alice in Wonderland. OS, I'm going to a party in the East Village but might drop by the LS Halloween party. I shall let you know.

broach911

New

Post by broach911 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:59 pm

lawpanda wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
lawpanda wrote:So, anyone watch Top Chef?
Haha, don't make me hungry. Are you FT or PT?
FT
I watch top chef, one of the few shows I make an effort to keep track of. I've stolen some of my recipes from that show.
greatwhiteway wrote:Ooh Brooklyn.

In more recent news:
I'm down for a movie on Friday or a dinner, or anything really.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:08 pm

broach911 wrote:I'm down for a movie on Friday or a dinner, or anything really.
Where the Wild Things Are @ 9:00pm-ish at Regal on 42nd. We'll be at the Film Festival down there until 8:00, so dinner will be quick or late.

And they found the little boy in the UFO balloon safe and sound!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:32 pm

the fledgling wrote:
broach911 wrote:I'm down for a movie on Friday or a dinner, or anything really.
Where the Wild Things Are @ 9:00pm-ish at Regal on 42nd. We'll be at the Film Festival down there until 8:00, so dinner will be quick or late.

And they found the little boy in the UFO balloon safe and sound!
You mean the Empire in Times Square? That sounds good, although it might be crazy in Times Square, especially since it's opening tomorrow. I think

Also, if people want to go out out, one of my section mates is throwing a party at a club in Chelsea Saturday night, and there's no cover. She says I can bring people, and she's really sweet.

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:05 am

You're right! It's the AMC--the Regal's across the street and I always mix them up. Sadly the movie's not playing in Lincoln Center and since we'll be on 42nd until 8:00pm, it looks like the most convenient theater. There's a 9:10pm and a 9:50pm showing. I think we should aim for the 9:10pm and just get there 15 mins. early so we get seats together.

Anyone can call or text one of us if they'd like to join in on the fun.

As for Part 2: I'm not a clubbing person, but I'll take tomorrow as it comes, so who knows. :D

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:16 am

the fledgling wrote:You're right! It's the AMC--the Regal's across the street and I always mix them up. Sadly the movie's not playing in Lincoln Center and since we'll be on 42nd until 8:00pm, it looks like the most convenient theater. There's a 9:10pm and a 9:50pm showing. I think we should aim for the 9:10pm and just get there 15 mins. early so we get seats together.

As for Part 2: I'm not a clubbing person, but I'll take tomorrow as it comes, so who knows. :D
It is playing at our own beloved Lincoln Center, but not until 10:30: http://events.nydailynews.com/new-york- ... -with-imax

There is a real chance that it might sell out at either theater, so we should keep that in mind.

The clubbing is for Saturday night. You would love the birthday girl; she's so sweet! Honestly, I couldn't wish for cooler classmates. It just wouldn't be possible.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:31 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
the fledgling wrote:You're right! It's the AMC--the Regal's across the street and I always mix them up. Sadly the movie's not playing in Lincoln Center and since we'll be on 42nd until 8:00pm, it looks like the most convenient theater. There's a 9:10pm and a 9:50pm showing. I think we should aim for the 9:10pm and just get there 15 mins. early so we get seats together.

It is playing at our own beloved Lincoln Center, but not until 10:30: http://events.nydailynews.com/new-york- ... -with-imax

There is a real chance that it might sell out at either theater, so we should keep that in mind.

The clubbing is for Saturday night. You would love the birthday girl; she's so sweet! Honestly, I couldn't wish for cooler classmates. It just wouldn't be possible.
You guys can buy tickets online right now and avoid getting shut out tomorrow night.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:32 am

silenziatori wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:

You guys can buy tickets online right now and avoid getting shut out tomorrow night.
Are you coming with us, Silenz?

greatwhiteway

New

Post by greatwhiteway » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:35 am

Are we doing IMAX? :?
Hate to be a downer, but IMAX makes me dizzy. :(

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:43 am

OperaSoprano wrote: Are you coming with us, Silenz?
Unfortunately, no. I have to mind my budget.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:44 am

greatwhiteway wrote:Are we doing IMAX? :?
Hate to be a downer, but IMAX makes me dizzy. :(
Oh, we don't have to. It was just a suggestion; whatever is convenient! We should try to eat something, though, before the movie. There is a hole in the wall Thai place I truly miss on 8th Ave, between 42nd and 43rd.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:47 am

silenziatori wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote: Are you coming with us, Silenz?
Unfortunately, no. I have to mind my budget.
:cry: I've been living beyond my means, too. I admire your mad budgeting skills.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:59 am

Oh, and I couldn't not share:

Everybody wants to go to Fordham.

http://www.imnotobsessed.com/photogalle ... lery-title

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:27 am

I would love to see it in IMAX if GW's willing to reconsider. :D I also think we should buy in advance (especially for the IMAX) and I love Thai, so as long as its quick that sounds perfect.

And yeah, my budget's looking pretty tight right now.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”