Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Memories Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
revolution724

Bronze

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Post by revolution724 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:30 am

OperaSoprano wrote:Did anyone else's lender just mail them a copy of their gradplus loans for review? Wells Fargo (done through HESC) says I have to fill in some missing info, sign, and return the paper to them. There is no mention at all of whether I've been approved or not. Is this usual?

Definitely freaking right about now. Somebody tell me this isn't really bad.
They didn't tell me whether I was approved or not automatically either. I've since called them a couple of times, and they told me on the phone when I asked that I'm approved and all set, whenever Fordham decides to get around to certifying me.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:46 pm

silenziatori wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:Did anyone else's lender just mail them a copy of their gradplus loans for review? Wells Fargo (done through HESC) says I have to fill in some missing info, sign, and return the paper to them. There is no mention at all of whether I've been approved or not. Is this usual?

Definitely freaking right about now. Somebody tell me this isn't really bad.
By approval, do you mean approval on the basis of your credit? I think HESC runs an instant credit check as part of the application process. I didn't get the impression this was done differently on a lender by lender basis. You may want to contact HESC, or Wells Fargo, to ask whether you've been approved, which they may not have been able to do if they are missing information. But it would then be more of a technicality thing than an eligibility thing.
Silenz, Revolution:

I didn't leave anything blank when I filled it out online. I'm going to call Wells Fargo right now.

CrazyLawStudent

New

Post by CrazyLawStudent » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:20 pm

Woodbane77 wrote:
CrazyLawStudent wrote:It takes me entirely too long to brief cases. I'm glad I started this work a week early. Boy, I'll be having fun when the normal school rhythm starts up though...lol.
Is the briefing for orientation, or are there syllabi for section 2 posted somewhere?
Oh no, just the assignments for orientation. I've haven't seen a syllabus for any of our classes yet.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:03 pm

I'm really upset. I listened to the school and didn't panic for weeks, but then I went to check up on my loans. My Stafford loans were fine, but I need a guarantor for GradPlus, and my lender wasn't going to tell me. My aunt will overnight the guarantor form, but I can only sit and wait. Pray for me, if you're so inclined.

CrazyLawStudent

New

Post by CrazyLawStudent » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:22 pm

Just got this email from Kate Cunningham:
Diagram of New York Court System is found on page 4.

There is a change in the last set of readings: Read, INTRODUCTION, pp. 95-114.

We apologize for any inconvenience. These corrections to the PDF on the Admitted Students Website will be made soon.

Office of Student Affairs.
But, unless I'm mistaken, that reading was already included on the syllabus? Most for Monday, and the last four pages for Tuesday?

The syllabus kind of confuses me in general. The order of what we're reading on what day seems out of wack.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

revolution724

Bronze

Post by revolution724 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:37 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:I'm really upset. I listened to the school and didn't panic for weeks, but then I went to check up on my loans. My Stafford loans were fine, but I need a guarantor for GradPlus, and my lender wasn't going to tell me. My aunt will overnight the guarantor form, but I can only sit and wait. Pray for me, if you're so inclined.
LAME. Hoping for it to work out quickly.

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:11 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:I'm really upset. I listened to the school and didn't panic for weeks, but then I went to check up on my loans. My Stafford loans were fine, but I need a guarantor for GradPlus, and my lender wasn't going to tell me. My aunt will overnight the guarantor form, but I can only sit and wait. Pray for me, if you're so inclined.
I'm so sorry OS. I think part of the reason Fordham was shoving HESC at us was because it functions as a guarantor. :? At any rate, it will be fine. Deep breaths.

A number of us our still waiting on our loans as well. Power in numbers.

broach911

New

Post by broach911 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:49 pm

I too am worried but mainly because orientation is Monday and I still haven't received anything besides my Case of a Lifetime book. When I call Admission asking about MyFordham login they say I have to wait for the IT department to email me the info. Has anyone received this email?

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:36 pm

broach911 wrote:I too am worried but mainly because orientation is Monday and I still haven't received anything besides my Case of a Lifetime book. When I call Admission asking about MyFordham login they say I have to wait for the IT department to email me the info. Has anyone received this email?
I received a letter in the mail last week from the IT office. At least admissions is getting back to you. I asked for proof of my full time student status on Monday (I need it to into my family's healthcare plan) and nothing. I would call or go there myself, but work has been insane and I never have the time when someone's in the office.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

frogandprince

New

Post by frogandprince » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:20 pm

the fledgling wrote:
broach911 wrote:I too am worried but mainly because orientation is Monday and I still haven't received anything besides my Case of a Lifetime book. When I call Admission asking about MyFordham login they say I have to wait for the IT department to email me the info. Has anyone received this email?
I received a letter in the mail last week from the IT office. At least admissions is getting back to you. I asked for proof of my full time student status on Monday (I need it to into my family's healthcare plan) and nothing. I would call or go there myself, but work has been insane and I never have the time when someone's in the office.
I needed proof I'll be a full time student for healthcare too, and it was a bitch to get. I had to call and email the same person quite a few times before I actually got to them, and then had to pick up the letter saying I was a student in person.

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:45 pm

frogandprince wrote:
the fledgling wrote:
I needed proof I'll be a full time student for healthcare too, and it was a bitch to get. I had to call and email the same person quite a few times before I actually got to them, and then had to pick up the letter saying I was a student in person.

oh crap. i might need this proof as well. I should ask about this.... ahhh

I'm getting nervous about loans too. There is another thread in here where a Fordham 1L was complaining that his loans were not released to him WAYYYY late in the process. I hope that does not happen to me or anyone else on this board or anyone in general!

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:57 pm

frogandprince wrote:
the fledgling wrote:
Any chance you remember who that person is? I am up for going there and getting it myself.

extremesandwich

New

Post by extremesandwich » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:35 am

Wahoo! According to HESC all of my loans have been approved. Now hopefully they'll be deposited on the 21st. :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:31 am

the fledgling wrote:
I'm so sorry OS. I think part of the reason Fordham was shoving HESC at us was because it functions as a guarantor. :? At any rate, it will be fine. Deep breaths.

A number of us our still waiting on our loans as well. Power in numbers.
To Revolution: Thanks. :D

To Fledgling: HESC guaranteed my loans. I believe my lender meant a co-signer, in addition to a guarantor. Fortunately, my aunt volunteered to sign for me. I don't care what happens with my living expense money, as long as my tuition is paid. After everything that's happened, I'm not giving up my seat in this class. I'll starve first. :lol:

I have been reassured, though. My aunt has flawless credit, so I should be approved. I just hope it doesn't take too long, and I'm pissed that my lender just sat on the application without telling me anything. I am so glad I called.

ManyHats

New

Post by ManyHats » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:58 am

PT-ers: (esp. Section 9/10)

Am I missing something? Is there anything we need to prepare or bring to class for the LegalPractice session (which 9/10 has Thursday night and 11/12 has on MOnday)?

And... aren't you just loving it so far?

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:28 am

ManyHats wrote:PT-ers: (esp. Section 9/10)

Am I missing something? Is there anything we need to prepare or bring to class for the LegalPractice session (which 9/10 has Thursday night and 11/12 has on MOnday)?

I believe we have readings from the handouts in the syllabus packet from that class. Is your syllabus specific?

Loving it would safely be an understatement. How is Professor Kainen, btw?

OS, Section 12.

jrock12

Bronze

Post by jrock12 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:51 am

ManyHats wrote:PT-ers: (esp. Section 9/10)

as far as i know, we have nothing to do for legal practice...and we get out earlier tonight!

i really really like prof. kainen, i hope i'm lucky enough to have a professor similar to him again

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:54 am

Great. I now have a balance of $ 28,645 on my.fordham.edu. :x

amyraydun

New

Post by amyraydun » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:14 am

Been struggling for a few weeks with this- could someone PLEASE help me!!

Where do I find my schedule, section number, and any other info I need to buy books? I want to order them today to pick up tomorrow before next Monday- orientation! I've been messing with these my.fordham tabs and oasis does not want to log me in at all.

PLEASE any insight or help would be so appreciated!

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:15 am

silenziatori wrote:Great. I now have a balance of $ 28,645 on my.fordham.edu. :x
It increased??

I'm still at $21,498. No. news. on. Grad. Plus. :evil:

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:16 am

amyraydun wrote:Been struggling for a few weeks with this- could someone PLEASE help me!!

Where do I find my schedule, section number, and any other info I need to buy books? I want to order them today to pick up tomorrow before next Monday- orientation! I've been messing with these my.fordham tabs and oasis does not want to log me in at all.

Did you see the directions on the ASW? If you can't get to those you can access that info via My Fordham --> Student Tab --> Registration Status (and a few more steps after that).

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

amyraydun

New

Post by amyraydun » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:19 am

the fledgling wrote:
amyraydun wrote:Been struggling for a few weeks with this- could someone PLEASE help me!!

Did you see the directions on the ASW? If you can't get to those you can access that info via My Fordham --> Student Tab --> Registration Status (and a few more steps after that).
It kept being unavailable on ASW and when I do student tab ->registration status I only get this basic profile:
Current Program
Juris Doctor
Level: Juris Doctor
Program: JD in Full Time Day GL
Admit Term: Fall 2009
Admit Type: 1st time adm at level-mat only
Catalog Term: Fall 2009
College: Law School
Campus: Lincoln Center
Major and Department: Law Day, Law

Should I call IT? Where can I find that number? When I log into Oasis it says my FIDN is 'invalid'.
Geeez law school is hawd.

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:27 am

When you click on Registration Status, click on the Student tab. Then Submit "Fall '09", click on the Student tab again and click on "Registration" for your schedule. "Student Records" --> "View Student Information" will give you your section.

EDIT: FYI, there's a link to the bookstore (Lincoln Center campus) when you look at "Week at a Glance" and further click into each course.

:D

amyraydun

New

Post by amyraydun » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:30 am

Holy shit, that was so easy. I'm seriously lame. THANK YOU Fledgling. See you next week?

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:31 am

amyraydun wrote:
the fledgling wrote:

It kept being unavailable on ASW and when I do student tab ->registration status I only get this basic profile:
Current Program
Juris Doctor
Level: Juris Doctor
Program: JD in Full Time Day GL
Admit Term: Fall 2009
Admit Type: 1st time adm at level-mat only
Catalog Term: Fall 2009
College: Law School
Campus: Lincoln Center
Major and Department: Law Day, Law

Should I call IT? Where can I find that number? When I log into Oasis it says my FIDN is 'invalid'.
Geeez law school is hawd.
After you see the information you posted above, you click on the student tab again, then you should see a list that looks like this:

Registration
Student Records
Student Account

You can find out your section by one of two ways: click on registration, then click on Student Detail Schedule, and the number immediately after your course names will be your section (most of your courses will have two numbers, but one will have only one number and this number will be your section); or, instead of clicking on Registration, click on Student Records then click on View Student Information, and your section will be listed right next to "Block:"

You can access your course schedule by clicking on Student Detail Schedule, as explained above, or by clicking on Week at a Glance then clicking on the link for a course to view the course details.

As far as book info, if none of your professors have posted the class syllabus, you need to go to the bookstore's website, then enter the information for your courses (fall semester, law school, course, section number), and as soon as you have entered all your courses then you can view the reading list.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”