Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Memories Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
pammy1985

Bronze

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Post by pammy1985 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:11 pm

sentinal5656 wrote:I dont even have access to it yet. :(
Me neither. They keep telling me to use my status checker id and the last four of my ss as a password, but IT DOES NOT WORK!!!! Anyone know why this is? I've spoken to them 3-4 times about this by now.

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:14 pm

Its the same password as your status checker (even after I changed my status checker's password). But I didn't get access until after I received the email from them granting me access. Hope this helps

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:23 pm

Also keep in mind that there really isn't much more information available on the ASW website than what you can find while poking around the Fordham Law website.

let/them/eat/cake

Silver

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:23 pm

silenziatori wrote:It worked for me.
can someone post the link to the ASW where i'm supposed to sign in? mine isn't working, i'm getting this:

The selected page "/cps/rde/xchg/SID-699320B9-9BB98193/fordhamlaw1//rendering/hs/-/admitted2-2007/admt-2AdmittedDA.ihtml?pageid=42&page=admt-2AdmittedDA_SP.ihtml%3fpageid%3d113&userType=3" is not available on this server (404)

go back to start page
go back to last page
reload page

let/them/eat/cake

Silver

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:23 pm

silenziatori wrote:Also keep in mind that there really isn't much more information available on the ASW website than what you can find while poking around the Fordham Law website.
fair enough, it's just annoying.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:27 pm

let/them/eat/cake wrote:
silenziatori wrote:Also keep in mind that there really isn't much more information available on the ASW website than what you can find while poking around the Fordham Law website.
True.

ASW (LinkRemoved)

let/them/eat/cake

Silver

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:30 pm

silenziatori wrote:
let/them/eat/cake wrote:
True.

ASW (LinkRemoved)
works. bookmarked it. thanks again.

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:36 pm

Yup. I have not been added yet. :(

jrock12

Bronze

Post by jrock12 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:48 pm

sorry to bring up something we've already talked about but i dont think there was a conclusion reached:

did we decide if the registration form is the official commitment to fordham?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:50 pm

jrock12 wrote:sorry to bring up something we've already talked about but i dont think there was a conclusion reached:

Just confirmed directly with admissions office that the registration form is not binding.

jrock12

Bronze

Post by jrock12 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:56 pm

silenziatori wrote:
jrock12 wrote:sorry to bring up something we've already talked about but i dont think there was a conclusion reached:

Just confirmed directly with admissions office that the registration form is not binding.
wow thanks silenz

just checked fordham bookstore hours...only open til 5!!! and 1 on Fridays!

not good for those of us who work

ZXCVBNM

Bronze

Post by ZXCVBNM » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:05 pm

pammy1985 wrote:
sentinal5656 wrote:I dont even have access to it yet. :(
Me neither. They keep telling me to use my status checker id and the last four of my ss as a password, but IT DOES NOT WORK!!!! Anyone know why this is? I've spoken to them 3-4 times about this by now.
It took a week before I had access to the admitted student website. They send you an email when you can log on. For me it was my status check username AND password and NOT the last 4 ss digits.

ZXCVBNM

Bronze

Post by ZXCVBNM » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:16 pm

It's been three weeks and I still haven't received my acceptance packet. Is there any good info or anything else that I'm missing by not having it? Basically, what's in it?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

let/them/eat/cake

Silver

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:24 pm

ZXCVBNM wrote:It's been three weeks and I still haven't received my acceptance packet. Is there any good info or anything else that I'm missing by not having it? Basically, what's in it?
I hope not. I haven't got mine and it's been three months.

broach911

New

Post by broach911 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:01 pm

ZXCVBNM wrote:It's been three weeks and I still haven't received my acceptance packet. Is there any good info or anything else that I'm missing by not having it? Basically, what's in it?
I don't remember everything that came but it does come with a small, semi-outdated book with general information concerning financial aid, housing, expenses, and info about the school. Really nothing you can't find online or here.

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:23 pm

Not working for me. And my bookmark to the health services page doesn't work anymore. I think the fancy website upgrade came with a few kinks.

EDIT I: Used Silenziatori's link and now I'm good. Thanks!

And there are finally events in the important dates box! And things to check off in the check list! It's a whole new world :o

EDIT II: We have assigned reading in July? Case of a Lifetime: A Criminal Defense Lawyer's Story by Abbe Smith (they'll send this one to us), and Introduction to the Study of Law, Third Edition (2009) by John Makdisi and Michael Makdisi (which we have to buy and read for Legal Process).

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:45 pm

Helpful hint--if one of Fordham's links doesn't work for you try inserting a "2" into the url so that it reads "law2.fordham.edu." This solved my problems.

There's quite a lot of new information up.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:00 am

the fledgling wrote:
Not working for me. And my bookmark to the health services page doesn't work anymore. I think the fancy website upgrade came with a few kinks.

And there are finally events in the important dates box! And things to check off in the check list! It's a whole new world :o

EDIT II: We have assigned reading in July? Case of a Lifetime: A Criminal Defense Lawyer's Story by Abbe Smith (they'll send this one to us), and Introduction to the Study of Law, Third Edition (2009) by John Makdisi and Michael Makdisi (which we have to buy and read for Legal Process).
We have assigned reading already? I can now die happy.

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:52 am

I'm assuming they don't really expect us to pay tuition by the end of July, as per their checklist on the ASW...

EDIT: This is what is written on the ASW website:
Receive tuition bill and make necessary payment.
So, I hope the necessary payment isn't the full amount of tuition, or any other amount I can't afford at that point.
Last edited by silenziatori on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

bostonlegal

New

Post by bostonlegal » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:12 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
the fledgling wrote:

We have assigned reading already? I can now die happy.
Woah, I actually had to organize a reading/signing party for Case of a Lifetime at my job. I've only read part of it, but I really enjoyed it (and it's not a difficult read.) I'm excited to read the rest for school!

Bankhead

Silver

Post by Bankhead » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:15 am

Wait, when is this assignment due???

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

let/them/eat/cake

Silver

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:19 am

From the checklist: "Amend your admissions application (if there have been changes since you originally applied or if you failed to disclose information on your application)."

awesome. i love how it's like totally glossed over.

anyone know what classes day students typically take first semester?

is legal process the orientation class?

EDIT: Legal Process is a mandatory one-credit course held during Orientation and includes the study of the sources of American law and analysis and synthesis of court decisions. The interpretation of statutes, the guides to such interpretation, the interrelation between case and statutory law, and the characteristic differences between case law and legislation are also covered.

What?

jrock12

Bronze

Post by jrock12 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:08 am

was recently given 3 books from a 1LE who said i'd need them for the first two weeks of class...now this makes sense...i just didnt realize orientation would be an actual class

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:11 am

jrock12 wrote:was recently given 3 books from a 1LE who said i'd need them for the first two weeks of class...now this makes sense...i just didnt realize orientation would be an actual class
List books, please.

let/them/eat/cake

Silver

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:11 am

are they going to "grade" us for this one credit. by what metric?

goddammit when i said i would work til the end of july, i thought i had 3 weeks off....

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”