Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Memories Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
the fledgling

Bronze

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Post by the fledgling » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:39 am

extremesandwich wrote:Boo, for section 5 it seems like the bookstore listed the wrong edition of the book on the website :( Now I'm going to have to exchange the 4th edition for the 6th.
The property book? Not only that, but it's by an entirely different author. Ah well. B&N UWS won't take my other Property book back unless I want store credit :(

And... that's so awesome that Ken wants to sponsor a TLS party! Go Ken :mrgreen:

extremesandwich

New

Post by extremesandwich » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:46 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
extremesandwich wrote:
Woodbane77 wrote:
Edit (my ninja is on vacation): I should make it to Magnolia, though I may be a little late.
That's what YOU think. There's a reason why they're ninjas.

I don't think I'll make it to Magnolia. :( I wound up having a weird morning with my cat escaping. And, given that I live in Brooklyn, I'd be super late. Plus, now I have to carry a heavy book to return.

I will make it to the BBQ though :) Although I don't know how much I'll be able to eat there as a vegetarian. Definitely no to the bus tour.
Yay to another vegetarian! That's five confirmed Fordham vegetarians. We should make a supper club! I am a near vegan, but I eat eggs in baked goods sometimes. :D

And, just because my roommate and I were wondering, what's with the ninja thing?

Did you find your cat? I would have a heart attack if Cosette escaped, but she wouldn't survive an hour on the streets of Manhattan. Too pampered, lol.

BTW, Ken wants to sponsor tomorrow night's party, so we've been spreading the word to other TLSers. This means better drinks! I'm going to track down that rose prosecco from Riondo. 67 Wine keeps running out of it!
I was actually at my boyfriend's place in Yonkers this morning. At like 8 this morning I noticed the window was open, so I poked it to make sure the screen was in place (I'm blind without my glasses). It was, but after I poked it I heard mewing outside. My kitty, Nori, was fine, but a little cold and crying at first. She's an indoor kitty, but she loves to be naughty and give me heart attacks by running outside. Anyway, after since I was up anyway, I decided to come back to Brooklyn. It takes 40 mins to an hour to get to Fordham (and Magnolia!) from here.

The ninja edit thing means that you sneakily edit your post, either before or after actually posting it.

I would be down with a vegetarian supper club! I don't eat fish, but I eat eggs. Otherwise, totally veggie.

(Ninja?!) Edit: Yeah, the property book. It's heavy, I don't wanna have to carry it all the way back :(

Woodbane77

New

Post by Woodbane77 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:39 pm

So, according to HESC my loans have been disbursed to the school since yesterday. Hopefully that means Fordham will keep its Aug 21st deadline and actually put the money into my account, but I'm not exactly holding my breath.

jrock12

Bronze

Post by jrock12 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:59 pm

i know this was spoken about earlier in the thread, but is there a way to find out exactly when our finals are? (specific dates)

thanks guy!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:02 pm

Woodbane77 wrote:So, according to HESC my loans have been disbursed to the school since yesterday. Hopefully that means Fordham will keep its Aug 21st deadline and actually put the money into my account, but I'm not exactly holding my breath.
You are so lucky! I think I've given up on my loans at this point. Fordham is def going to kick me out.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JamesT

New

Post by JamesT » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:14 pm

So how many of your professors banned or discouraged the use of laptops in class? And will you be able to take exams on laptops?

Woodbane77

New

Post by Woodbane77 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:05 pm

JamesT wrote:So how many of your professors banned or discouraged the use of laptops in class? And will you be able to take exams on laptops?
Luckily none of my professors banned laptops outright, but I do have a professor who discourages their use; so more than likely I will only use laptops in his class for examinations.

"Not so Ninja" EDIT: the balance on myFordham is negative again. :mrgreen:

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:01 pm

extremesandwich wrote:
revolution724 wrote:I'm planning to come to Magnolia, skipped the bar event in favor of sleep (and not one bit sorry about it, either), and am undecided about the level of review I plan to do for this exam thing. Every 2L I've seen emphatically said not to study for it. Meh.

The closest subway to Shake Shack is at Central Park West and 72nd and it's a B/C stop, incidentally.

I'm doing the same-sex marriage advocacy thing, which sounds like it'll be petitioning in the Bronx. I still sort of wish I was doing the legal observer thing, but moral commitment to a pre-existing pet issue, chance to meet people in OUTLaws, blah blah.

Also, yes on BBQ (assuming they have vegetarian options that are not mushroom options, 'shroom burger notwithstanding), no on bus tour.

Edit: Loan status - it turns out the Rose Hill campus MAILED me a letter (no phone call, no email) saying they need a copy of my Social Security card, presumably because of a name change issue that I told the Law School Financial Aid office about MONTHS AGO, and faxed them copies of every piece of documentation I own. About ready to kill somebody, aye.
I was too tired to come to the thing last night too :( I wanted to though.

I'll try to make it to Magnolia today, but I might be late. We shall see!

Ninja edit: If any of you want to say "hi" to me, I'm the girl with the super tattoo'd back. I'm also always down for drinks.

Good luck on the final to all today! I hear it's impossible to fail, though.
ohhhh i saw your tattoo (or you)
and i was thinking thats a good place to get a tattoo for a lawyer, i was so hesitant getting a tattoo and i got a small one on my back and two on my inner ankles, which im thinking of hiding with band aids in case i interview with conservative lawfirms.
i dont even know if theyd care but in case they do...

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:07 pm

for all those in section 3:
the bookstore doesnt have any of the contracts books listed in the email tanisha sent us today
but they ordered them
however we have a reading due monday (tuesday?) and its from the second book which we were able to find at b&n on 18th ave.
i hope this info will save you the trouble of running around looking for the books :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

broach911

New

Post by broach911 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:10 pm

Also in the email the professor sent us, she attached a pdf with the reading assignments on them. I bought the book main book online with 24 hr delivery at B&N

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:52 pm

broach911 wrote:Also in the email the professor sent us, she attached a pdf with the reading assignments on them. I bought the book main book online with 24 hr delivery at B&N
i bought new for 95 from amazon

revolution724

Bronze

Post by revolution724 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:14 pm

jrock12 wrote:i know this was spoken about earlier in the thread, but is there a way to find out exactly when our finals are? (specific dates)

thanks guy!
It's on the Registrar's Office website. I've put the dates in my calendar already.

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:10 pm

It was nice meeting some of you folk today. :mrgreen:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:19 pm

Likewise! Good meeting everyone. :)

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:34 pm

sentinal5656 wrote:Likewise! Good meeting everyone. :)
+1

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:37 pm

ascremer wrote:
+1
Ditto :D

greatwhiteway

New

Post by greatwhiteway » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:23 am

the fledgling wrote:
ascremer wrote:
+1
And an excellent choice of location, too! :D

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:11 am

greatwhiteway wrote:
the fledgling wrote:
ascremer wrote:
+1
And an excellent choice of location, too! :D
It was delicious! I'm so glad you guys could come. We should do it again...

If anyone still needs party info for tomorrow night, PM me!

uphill

New

Post by uphill » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:15 am

Anyone here in Section 2? :oops: :oops: :oops:

ZXCVBNM

Bronze

Post by ZXCVBNM » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:16 am

jrock12 wrote:i know this was spoken about earlier in the thread, but is there a way to find out exactly when our finals are? (specific dates)

thanks guy!
http://law.fordham.edu/registrar/10831.htm

revolution724

Bronze

Post by revolution724 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:23 am

+1

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

revolution724

Bronze

Post by revolution724 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:25 am

uphill wrote:Anyone here in Section 2? :oops: :oops: :oops:
I met a non-TLS-er in Section 2 at happy hour last night. Apparently he hasn't been able to meet any other 2s either. Did y'all end up in the anti-social section?

jrock12

Bronze

Post by jrock12 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:29 pm

thanks to those who answered my exam question!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:21 pm

Tears of joy! My GradPLUS loans were approved, thanks to my aunt and her flawless credit. <3

Off to buy alcohol; see you guys tonight! Everyone at Fordham is invited, and so are those CLS, NYU, Cardozo, and BLS kids I personally know to be awesome. At least one HLS 1L is still in town, and he'll be here too, along with my friends from the fashion world, and L---, an MSW student at our school.

Woodbane77

New

Post by Woodbane77 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:39 pm

revolution724 wrote:
uphill wrote:Anyone here in Section 2? :oops: :oops: :oops:
I met a non-TLS-er in Section 2 at happy hour last night. Apparently he hasn't been able to meet any other 2s either. Did y'all end up in the anti-social section?
Speaking as another section 2 member, the socializing has been a tad bit limited. I actually saw quite a few of us at the Gin Mill on Thursday but I don't think I saw any of them at the other bar nights. I ended up going out with some people last night, so I wasn't at happy hour; but generally I try to attend the social events.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”