Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Memories Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
silenziatori

Silver

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Post by silenziatori » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:13 pm

Fordham still hasn't sent HESC the certification for my loans.

revolution724

Bronze

Post by revolution724 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:14 pm

Worst hold music ever.

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:15 pm

Yay 2000 posts! I'm on hold as well. Their music is way more generic than Fordham's (church musicfied fight song).

EDIT: Got through. Nada. They'll email me as soon as Fordham certifies the loan though. Sigh.

hegemon

New

Post by hegemon » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:22 pm

Hi everyone! I've been a lurker for a bit and really want to thank everyone for the great info on this thread.

I have a question about the Intro to the Study of Law book... did anyone actually get this from the Fordham bookstore? I searched the site using the ISBN and title and nothing. Do they have it there?

Of course I called the bookstore and got a message machine. Contacting anyone at the school has actually been a huge joke and almost to the point of embarrassment. I really hope it gets better from this point on because the malfeasance on the bureaucratic side has been spectacular.

revolution724

Bronze

Post by revolution724 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:22 pm

silenziatori wrote:Fordham still hasn't sent HESC the certification for my loans.
They haven't sent mine, either. Grr!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:25 pm

hegemon wrote:Hi everyone! I've been a lurker for a bit and really want to thank everyone for the great info on this thread.

I have a question about the Intro to the Study of Law book... did anyone actually get this from the Fordham bookstore? I searched the site using the ISBN and title and nothing. Do they have it there?

Of course I called the bookstore and got a message machine. Contacting anyone at the school has actually been a huge joke and almost to the point of embarrassment. I really hope it gets better from this point on because the malfeasance on the bureaucratic side has been spectacular.
Hi hegemon! I bought the book from the bookstore, though others found it online for less and in some instances more. The ISBN provided on the ASW is incorrect, as is the title. It should be Introduction to the Study of Law Cases and Materials, same authors, ISBN 978-1-4224-2873-3. The bookstore should be open now--9 to 5 (maybe 4) Monday thru Thursday, but there's only like three people working there. They're helpful in person though.

And yeah, don't get me started on Fordham's red tape....

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:25 pm

revolution724 wrote:
silenziatori wrote:Fordham still hasn't sent HESC the certification for my loans.
They haven't sent mine, either. Grr!
Look at it this way--at least you know that you're not the only one!

hegemon

New

Post by hegemon » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:28 pm

Thanks Fledgling. Very glad to hear they have copies and I'll take the trip over there this afternoon.

the fledgling

Bronze

Post by the fledgling » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:32 pm

hegemon wrote:Thanks Fledgling. Very glad to hear they have copies and I'll take the trip over there this afternoon.
Of course! A little caveat: I did buy mine about three weeks ago. They had plenty though, hopefully enough for the whole class, so there should still be copies available.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hegemon

New

Post by hegemon » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:38 pm

the fledgling wrote:
hegemon wrote:Thanks Fledgling. Very glad to hear they have copies and I'll take the trip over there this afternoon.
Of course! A little caveat: I did buy mine about three weeks ago. They had plenty though, hopefully enough for the whole class, so there should still be copies available.

Got ya... headed up there now and will report back!

extremesandwich

New

Post by extremesandwich » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:08 pm

FYI, Raymond Nunez is no longer listed on my section 5 schedule.

I haven't heard anything from HESC or Fordham, I'm just assuming the loans are okay as it is listed at the bottom of the account detail section on my.fordham.edu.

revolution724

Bronze

Post by revolution724 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:26 pm

Speaking of my.fordham.edu, I don't have anything on my Blackboard; it says I'm not enrolled in any courses. However, when I go through the student tab, I can find my schedule. Anyone also seeing this?

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:28 pm

revolution724 wrote:Speaking of my.fordham.edu, I don't have anything on my Blackboard; it says I'm not enrolled in any courses. However, when I go through the student tab, I can find my schedule. Anyone also seeing this?
Yep. Additionally, according to Blackboard there are only 3 available law school courses, one of which is Student Bar Association.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:29 pm

alix wrote:
ascremer wrote:
alix wrote:Hi everyone! I've posted on this site a couple times and I'm going to Fordham...Section 6.

I was wondering if anyone bought that Legal Process book yet or started the assignments. Apparently no Barnes and Noble's or Borders carries it, so I'm going to have to wait til Sunday to buy the book.

I can't believe orientation is in less than a week! I'm excited and nervous!
i bought it from lexisnexis for 45 and read half of it already
I'm getting it tomorrow. How is it so far??
of course not as interesting as abbe smith's story, but its very informative =)
im learning new terminology and the system , like what court is above what, how do you appeal, state vs federal etc.
its interesting but a lot of info im hoping they will not ask on the quiz next thur :|

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:39 pm

silenziatori wrote:
extremesandwich wrote:
sentinal5656 wrote:I am finally home and now I will begin to read that criminal law book. I am sooo behind and school didn't even start. How is that possible? lol
Do we have reading in the criminal law book already?
I think sentinal meant Case of a Lifetime. We'll all probably have reading that needs to get done for the first day of class for each of our classes.

Sorry guys. Silenz got it right, i meant case of a lifetime. It's a good book so far. I am glad that his reading is going quicker than I thought.

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:44 pm

silenziatori wrote:
revolution724 wrote:
the fledgling wrote:I'm jealous of all you who have your Grad Plus loans confirmed. Mine are still MIA :(

MINE TOO. It's driving me bonkers. I blame my parents' taxes.
Where the F are my loans!?
+1

ascremer

Bronze

Post by ascremer » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:49 pm

silenziatori wrote:
revolution724 wrote:Speaking of my.fordham.edu, I don't have anything on my Blackboard; it says I'm not enrolled in any courses. However, when I go through the student tab, I can find my schedule. Anyone also seeing this?
Yep. Additionally, according to Blackboard there are only 3 available law school courses, one of which is Student Bar Association.
i only have my property course and syllabus on my blackboard
still waiting for the other ones
im section 3 fyi

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hegemon

New

Post by hegemon » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:00 pm

Just got back from the bookstore. There are a lot of copies of Intro to the Study of Law at $45.

On a side note ... it is hot as hell!!!

CrazyLawStudent

New

Post by CrazyLawStudent » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:23 pm

It takes me entirely too long to brief cases. I'm glad I started this work a week early. Boy, I'll be having fun when the normal school rhythm starts up though...lol.

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:13 pm

Awesomeness:
--LinkRemoved--

If anybody wants to go to Anatomy of a Murder or Erin Brockovich, PM me. I'm thinking of reserving tickets now.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:03 pm

revolution724 wrote:
silenziatori wrote:
revolution724 wrote:
the fledgling wrote:I'm jealous of all you who have your Grad Plus loans confirmed. Mine are still MIA :(

MINE TOO. It's driving me bonkers. I blame my parents' taxes.
Where the F are my loans!?
...waiiit, maybe they're doing the PT people's loans first?
Negative. I don't have mine yet. Freaking out.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Woodbane77

New

Post by Woodbane77 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:07 am

CrazyLawStudent wrote:It takes me entirely too long to brief cases. I'm glad I started this work a week early. Boy, I'll be having fun when the normal school rhythm starts up though...lol.
Is the briefing for orientation, or are there syllabi for section 2 posted somewhere?

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:10 am

Did anyone else's lender just mail them a copy of their gradplus loans for review? Wells Fargo (done through HESC) says I have to fill in some missing info, sign, and return the paper to them. There is no mention at all of whether I've been approved or not. Is this usual?

Definitely freaking right about now. Somebody tell me this isn't really bad.

OracleFromOregon

New

Post by OracleFromOregon » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:21 am

I did my master prom note for GradPlus over a month ago and still nothing. I think freak out stage should commence toward the end of August - didn't you guys get the email from financial aid?
Last edited by OracleFromOregon on Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:28 am

OperaSoprano wrote:Did anyone else's lender just mail them a copy of their gradplus loans for review? Wells Fargo (done through HESC) says I have to fill in some missing info, sign, and return the paper to them. There is no mention at all of whether I've been approved or not. Is this usual?

Definitely freaking right about now. Somebody tell me this isn't really bad.
By approval, do you mean approval on the basis of your credit? I think HESC runs an instant credit check as part of the application process. I didn't get the impression this was done differently on a lender by lender basis. You may want to contact HESC, or Wells Fargo, to ask whether you've been approved, which they may not have been able to do if they are missing information. But it would then be more of a technicality thing than an eligibility thing.
Last edited by silenziatori on Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”