Illinois 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
canadaar
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:08 pm

Re: Illinois 2012

Postby canadaar » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:06 pm

I was admitted via status checker Friday, but haven't received anything in the mail yet. Do any of you know if there is an accepted student day coming up?

da142
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:59 pm

Re: Illinois 2012

Postby da142 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:09 pm

canadaar wrote:I was admitted via status checker Friday, but haven't received anything in the mail yet. Do any of you know if there is an accepted student day coming up?



April 3rd... I'm there

User avatar
Hook 'Em
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:00 pm

Re: Illinois 2012

Postby Hook 'Em » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:05 am

da142 wrote:
canadaar wrote:I was admitted via status checker Friday, but haven't received anything in the mail yet. Do any of you know if there is an accepted student day coming up?



April 3rd... I'm there



+1 on both

I was accepted on Friday, and it was my first acceptance 8) . Illinois has been one of my top choices throughout the whole process, so there is a very good chance that I will be there in the fall.

ndandekar
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:13 pm

Re: Illinois 2012

Postby ndandekar » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:29 pm

I'm paying my deposit today. I can't wait till the fall.

User avatar
Hook 'Em
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:00 pm

Re: Illinois 2012

Postby Hook 'Em » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:52 pm

Just paid the seat deposit. I'm in.

User avatar
rad216
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:04 pm

Re: Illinois 2012

Postby rad216 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:54 pm

I'm going too. I just paid my first seat deposit and signed a lease for an apartment. The U of I has a Tenant Union that is very helpful and free for incoming/current students.

User avatar
coolkatz321
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:31 pm

Re: Illinois 2012

Postby coolkatz321 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:20 am

Alright, go ahead and add me to the list! But, can i get one of those (maybe) after my name? It'll be more official on April 24th. :mrgreen:

aubade914
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:24 am

Re: Illinois 2012

Postby aubade914 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:32 am

I will also be attending Illinois this fall! :) I look forward to meeting you all.

User avatar
coolkatz321
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:31 pm

Re: Illinois 2012

Postby coolkatz321 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:40 am

I guess it's time I filled out that roommate matching survey I've been putting off for wayyy too long.

DomerDan
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: Illinois 2012

Postby DomerDan » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:31 am

Put my deposit down today.
Kind of hard to believe I'm going back to school and it's only 5 months away.

opj2002
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:35 am

Re: Illinois 2012

Postby opj2002 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:19 pm

coolkatz321 wrote:I have a feeling that if I can find a way to make UIUC work financially...I'll be there next fall.


I'm with you 100% on this (although later in the thread it seems like you're learning more and more to Illinois). Trying to weigh my options with Ill vs OSU right now, both with similar scholarships, but OSU starts at much lower and become resident for 2-3L

User avatar
coolkatz321
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:31 pm

Re: Illinois 2012

Postby coolkatz321 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:34 pm

opj2002 wrote:
coolkatz321 wrote:I have a feeling that if I can find a way to make UIUC work financially...I'll be there next fall.


I'm with you 100% on this (although later in the thread it seems like you're learning more and more to Illinois). Trying to weigh my options with Ill vs OSU right now, both with similar scholarships, but OSU starts at much lower and become resident for 2-3L


I plan on putting my deposit down Thursday or Friday, so I've almost entirely committed at this point!

bloomlaw
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:18 pm

Re: Illinois 2012

Postby bloomlaw » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:37 pm

Just mailed in my deposit(still on 2 waitlists though). I feel like I just backdoored my way into the T25. Ha. What's this roommate matching survey spoken of earlier?

User avatar
coolkatz321
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:31 pm

Re: Illinois 2012

Postby coolkatz321 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:40 pm

bloomlaw wrote:Just mailed in my deposit(still on 2 waitlists though). I feel like I just backdoored my way into the T25. Ha. What's this roommate matching survey spoken of earlier?


It's on the admitted students forum...I know a bunch of people (including myself) filled it out and are looking for someone to room with and cut housing costs next year. Fighting Illini (the TLSer) gave a great link to housing 10 mins away from the law school, which seems like a great option.

udlordly
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:10 pm

Re: Illinois 2012

Postby udlordly » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:41 pm

still making up my mind, I'll let you all know

bloomlaw
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:18 pm

Re: Illinois 2012

Postby bloomlaw » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:52 pm

I was on the admitted students forum a while ago.. I can't remember when.. where is the information to log on?

edit: Nevermind, figured it out.

sydney
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:46 pm

Re: Illinois 2012

Postby sydney » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:24 pm

You should all take a look at the Village in Savoy. Really nice places and hopefully full of law students, 10 minute drive. Grad students get 5% off rent too, so that makes it pretty reasonable. See you all in the fall.

canadaar
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:08 pm

Re: Illinois 2012

Postby canadaar » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:26 pm

sydney wrote:You should all take a look at the Village in Savoy. Really nice places and hopefully full of law students, 10 minute drive. Grad students get 5% off rent too, so that makes it pretty reasonable. See you all in the fall.


Is this the Village at Colbert Park, or a different place?

User avatar
fightin illini 25
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: Illinois 2012

Postby fightin illini 25 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:05 pm

Hey everyone! I know people are still looking for housing on and around campus so I sent an e-mail to the tenant union requesting information on apartment rental companies which still had 2 bedroom apartments available. ALL of these rental companies have had little to no complaints over the last 5 years. Hope this helps everyone in their hunt!

These are all landlords who have either no complaints or only 1 or 2 (with the exception of Johnson Rentals who had 5 complaints in the last 5 years). They all have 2 bedroom apartments on the market for August leasing in the campus area.

Disclaimer---All numbers have a (217) area code.

Steve Frerichs 369-1182 http://www.stevesapartments.com
906 S. Oak (Oak & Chalmers) 2 bedroom $730

Smith Apartments 384-1925 http://www.smithapartments-cu.com
2 bedrooms in Champaign: 58 E. Armory $810; 1004 S. Locust $710-$795

Johnson Rentals 351-1767 http://www.johnsonrentals.com (all in Champaign) 2 bedrooms: 1103 S. Euclid $780-$860 (1 left); 208-210 E. White $520-$540; 312 E. White $560-$600; 105 S. Fourth $550; 103 E. Stoughton $510

West High Management 766-2245 2 bedrooms at 905 S. Locust, Champaign $750-$800

MHM Properties 337-8852 http://www.mhmproperties.com (call for prices – not on web site)
2 bedroom: 808 S. Oak, 805 S. Locust, 803 ½ S. Locust, Champaign and 102 S. Lincoln, Urbana

MJM Chateau Apartments 390-2377 2 bedrooms: 302 S. Fourth & 403 E. White, Champaign $660.
405 E. White, Champaign (bedrooms are small) $470 total rent for 2 bedroom apartment.

Campo Rentals 344-1927 Parking free. 2 bedrooms at 301 E. White, Champaign $650.

Roland Realty http://www.roland-realty.com 351-8900 or 328-1226 (2 offices):
2’s in Urbana: 903 W Oregon $920; 702-704 W. Elm Street $740-$760.
2’s in Champaign: 1011 S. Locust $670 and 806 S. First $780. 805-7-9 S. First $860; 56-58 E. Daniel $880; 907 S. Second $800; 33 E. Chalmers $860.

Ted Pfeffer 766-5108 2 & 3 bedroom 205 E. Clark, Champaign

Bankier Apartments 328-3770 http://www.bankierapts.com (All Champaign except when Urbana listed)
2 bedrooms: 55 E. Healey $855; 508 E. Clark $830-865; 4th & Daniel $1050-1155 (2 left); 408-410 E. Green $960-1130. 1106 W. Stoughton, Urbana $995. 303 West Green, Champaign $765-$800

And in Urbana:

Advantage Properties 344-0394 http://www.advproperties.com
2 bedrooms at 813 W. Main, Urbana $740; 1004, 1007 & 1008 W. Main, Urbana $950 - $1000; at1007 & 1002 W. Clark, Urbana $920 - $1000; 908 W. Stoughton, Urbana $890.

Hunsinger Apartments 337-1565 http://www.hunsingerapts.com (call for prices – not on web site)
2 bedrooms in Urbana at 208 N. Harvey, 905 W. Springfield, 604.5, 701, 705 W. Elm, 712 W. Green and 704 Western.

Lincoln Place Apartments 369-2717 2 bedroom - $810 Lincoln & Main, Urbana

Lincolnshire Properties 398-1998 http://www.lincolnshireprop.com
2 bedrooms $860; 2 bedroom loft $1050; both at Busey & Elm, Urbana

Neves Group 377-8850 http://www.nevesgroup.com 2 bedrooms at 1009 W. Main, Urbana $725

Voigtlander, Betty & Henry 344-2000 902 S. Lincoln, Urbana. 2 bedroom $720

Bailey Apartments 344-3008 http://www.baileyapartments.com All in Urbana
2 bedrooms at 901 W. Springfield $695-$740 and 111 S. Lincoln $810

Shlens Apartments 344-2901 2 bedrooms 904 W. Stoughton, Urbana $850.

JSM Management 359-6108 http://www.jsmapts.com
2 bedrooms: 108 S. Fourth, Champaign $580. 1001 W. Clark, Urbana $790-$835.

User avatar
coolkatz321
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:31 pm

Re: Illinois 2012

Postby coolkatz321 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:12 pm

Sweet, and thanks! I'll probably elevate my search for an apartment/roommate as soon as I put down my deposit (Thursday).

psanders82
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: Illinois 2012

Postby psanders82 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:42 pm

coolkatz321 wrote:
bloomlaw wrote:Just mailed in my deposit(still on 2 waitlists though). I feel like I just backdoored my way into the T25. Ha. What's this roommate matching survey spoken of earlier?


It's on the admitted students forum...I know a bunch of people (including myself) filled it out and are looking for someone to room with and cut housing costs next year. Fighting Illini (the TLSer) gave a great link to housing 10 mins away from the law school, which seems like a great option.


Where is this admitted students forum?

User avatar
coolkatz321
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:31 pm

Re: Illinois 2012

Postby coolkatz321 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:44 pm

psanders82 wrote:
coolkatz321 wrote:
bloomlaw wrote:Just mailed in my deposit(still on 2 waitlists though). I feel like I just backdoored my way into the T25. Ha. What's this roommate matching survey spoken of earlier?


It's on the admitted students forum...I know a bunch of people (including myself) filled it out and are looking for someone to room with and cut housing costs next year. Fighting Illini (the TLSer) gave a great link to housing 10 mins away from the law school, which seems like a great option.


Where is this admitted students forum?


--LinkRemoved--

bloomlaw
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:18 pm

Re: Illinois 2012

Postby bloomlaw » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:14 pm

is anybody looking to live within walking distance?

User avatar
coolkatz321
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:31 pm

Re: Illinois 2012

Postby coolkatz321 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:15 pm

bloomlaw wrote:is anybody looking to live within walking distance?


I know I am...I thought about bringing a car up, but I'd prefer not to have to deal with the gas expense. Walking/riding a bike is more than sufficient.

bloomlaw
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:18 pm

Re: Illinois 2012

Postby bloomlaw » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:16 pm

coolkatz321 wrote:
bloomlaw wrote:is anybody looking to live within walking distance?


I know I am...I thought about bringing a car up, but I'd prefer not to have to deal with the gas expense. Walking/riding a bike is more than sufficient.


I'm in the same boat, although I heard groceries can be a hassle. Do you know of any apartment buildings that would be within that distance?




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest