Boston University Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
gavinxdorian

New

Re: Boston University Class of 2012

Post by gavinxdorian » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:25 pm

djcartier wrote:Hey guys,

Just decided that I'll be attending BU this fall!

A few questions for you:

1. Do any of you BU 2012'ers live in NYC? I was thinking about organizing some sort of happy hour/meetup, etc to get to know the class before we all head to Bean Town.

2. Does anyone have any opinions about the grad school housing that I'm assuming BU offers?

Thanks and looking forward to meeting you all soon!
I live in NYC and would definitely like to meet up with some future classmates.

Also, I officially have an apartment! For all of you still looking, I used First Choice Realty, and they seemed to have a lot of listings and were very open, honest, and user-friendly. For $1500/month (heat & hot water included), my fiance and I snagged a cute and decently spacious newly carpeted 1 bedroom with laundry next door and a dishwasher in the kitchen ~1 block from the center of Coolidge Corner that's letting us move in on August 1 (to avoid the September debacle). Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

msarick

New

Post by msarick » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:42 pm

gavinxdorian wrote:
djcartier wrote:
Also, I officially have an apartment! For all of you still looking, I used First Choice Realty, and they seemed to have a lot of listings and were very open, honest, and user-friendly. For $1500/month (heat & hot water included), my fiance and I snagged a cute and decently spacious newly carpeted 1 bedroom with laundry next door and a dishwasher in the kitchen ~1 block from the center of Coolidge Corner that's letting us move in on August 1 (to avoid the September debacle). Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Congrats! Coolidge Corner is an awesome neighborhood; I just move near there myself.

As a side note, I have two bedrooms opening up in my apartment for $675 each.

BCEaglesFan 888

New

Post by BCEaglesFan 888 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:52 pm

A few questions for you:

1. Do any of you BU 2012'ers live in NYC? I was thinking about organizing some sort of happy hour/meetup, etc to get to know the class before we all head to Bean Town.

2. Does anyone have any opinions about the grad school housing that I'm assuming BU offers?

I am also going to BU and am from jersey and would be interested in a happy hour.

mbw06

New

Post by mbw06 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:31 pm

A few questions for you:

Let me know if you're interested in sharing an apartment- I'm looking for a few roomies!

gavinxdorian

New

Post by gavinxdorian » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:51 pm

So, three of us are currently down for an NYC get-together. Should we start picking a day/time/location?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

djcartier

New

Post by djcartier » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:05 pm

Great! Yeah we should hammer out details soon. I just posted a new topic thread about it on the facebook group to find some other future BU'ers. How does Mid July sound?

As far as venues I am thinking somewhere central, like Union Square. The bar I was thinking is SideBar, http://www.sidebarny.com.

BCEaglesFan 888

New

Post by BCEaglesFan 888 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:31 pm

djcartier wrote:Great! Yeah we should hammer out details soon. I just posted a new topic thread about it on the facebook group to find some other future BU'ers. How does Mid July sound?

As far as venues I am thinking somewhere central, like Union Square. The bar I was thinking is SideBar, http://www.sidebarny.com.
sounds good to me,
btw where is everone living. I got a place in central square right across the BU bridge, anyone in the area?

EJP427

New

Post by EJP427 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:14 pm

Djcartier, how did you find your place? I'm just now starting to seriously look. I’m starting on Craigslist any suggestions?

Blindmelon

Gold

Post by Blindmelon » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:44 pm

BCEaglesFan 888 wrote:
djcartier wrote:Great! Yeah we should hammer out details soon. I just posted a new topic thread about it on the facebook group to find some other future BU'ers. How does Mid July sound?

sounds good to me,
btw where is everone living. I got a place in central square right across the BU bridge, anyone in the area?
I'll be in Allston on Commonwealth Ave. right next to the T. It isn't walking distance, but its an easy T ride and its pretty cheap.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

gavinxdorian

New

Post by gavinxdorian » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:22 pm

Union Square sounds like a good place to meet up. Regarding the venue, I don't know SideBar, but the only stipulation I'd add is that it'd be nice to go somewhere that is not ridiculously loud, so that we're actually able to hear each other and maintain conversation when we meet each other for the first time. If you think SideBar fits with that idea, then it works for me.

BCEaglesFan 888

New

Post by BCEaglesFan 888 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:23 am

Blindmelon wrote:
BCEaglesFan 888 wrote:

sounds good to me,
I'll be in Allston on Commonwealth Ave. right next to the T. It isn't walking distance, but its an easy T ride and its pretty cheap.
thats cool, harvard ave is a nice area and should be a fun time living there. I use to live in brighton but thats further down the t-line away from BU

djcartier

New

Post by djcartier » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:54 am

Gavinxdorian -- SideBar's volume level is very nice and its easy to have conversations there. They also usually have good happy hour specials.

EJP427 -- I still haven't found a place yet!

gavinxdorian

New

Post by gavinxdorian » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:55 am

So when are we thinking of doing this?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

djcartier

New

Post by djcartier » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:57 pm

It is going to be Tuesday, July 21st at 8:00 PM. It will be held at SideBar in Union Square, http://www.sidebarnyc.com, 120 E 15th Street at Irving Place. Happy Hour Specials: 2 for 1 Margaritas, Mojitos, and Absolut Cocktails, $3 Bud Lights.

Looking forward to meeting you!

djcartier

New

Post by djcartier » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:29 pm

GuyNoir, Private Eye

New

Post by GuyNoir, Private Eye » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:25 pm

Hey all,

I'll be shipping into Boston next week (Kenmore Square area) and would love to start to meet some of us :)

If you'll be around and you're interested (some of my best friends from undergrad live in and around Boston, so I kind of know the area) drop me a PM or just post on here. Looking forward to meeting you all

B2584

New

Post by B2584 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:46 am

Hey, I just moved in and don't really know anyone around here. I'm also in the Kenmore Square area, let me know if you wanted to meet up. Anyone else here yet?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

EJP427

New

Post by EJP427 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:10 am

has anyone lived or currently living on commonwealth ave? i'm considering a place on that street and was wondering about the noise factor.

gavinxdorian

New

Post by gavinxdorian » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:31 am

B2584 wrote:Hey, I just moved in and don't really know anyone around here. I'm also in the Kenmore Square area, let me know if you wanted to meet up. Anyone else here yet?
I moved up to Boston on August 1st. If people are interested in getting together, count me in.

gavinxdorian

New

Post by gavinxdorian » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:23 am

I'm resurrecting this thread to discuss sections and schedules. If you haven't heard yet, schedules have been posted to your studentlink page. Go to the academics tab, then click "Current Schedule." Your section is posted next to your course numbers, it should be something along the lines of A1, B2, C1 or something like that.

So, I'm in section B1 which equates to:

Contracts with Caruso
Civil Procedure with Farnsworth
Seminar I (which I assume to be the Writing Workshop)
and Torts with Simons.

Anyone else care to post your section/schedule?

Blindmelon

Gold

Post by Blindmelon » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:42 am

C1 for me - I think all of the class schedules are the same minus the professors.
Anyone else a little freaked that we'll get our first reading assignment next week? I read that with our orientation information comes the first assignment. Getting back into school mode isn't going to be easy.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”