Iowa 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
User avatar
Whitty
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:20 pm

Re: Iowa 2012

Postby Whitty » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:40 pm

They found me on facebook. :shock:

rainmaker614
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:07 pm

Re: Iowa 2012

Postby rainmaker614 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:54 pm

Whitty wrote:They found me on facebook. :shock:


lmao... they're also watching your house ;)

User avatar
Whitty
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:20 pm

Re: Iowa 2012

Postby Whitty » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:57 pm

rainmaker614 wrote:
Whitty wrote:They found me on facebook. :shock:


lmao... they're also watching your house ;)


That must be the reason for my acceptance! I have excellent shrubbery and a mailbox as cute as a button!! Hmm.. I really should invite them in for tea.

User avatar
mikeytwoshoes
Posts: 1117
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:45 pm

Re: Iowa 2012

Postby mikeytwoshoes » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:19 pm

Whitty wrote:
rainmaker614 wrote:
Whitty wrote:They found me on facebook. :shock:


lmao... they're also watching your house ;)


That must be the reason for my acceptance! I have excellent shrubbery and a mailbox as cute as a button!! Hmm.. I really should invite them in for tea.

It had to be your amazing softs. Feel free to guess whether softs means boobs in this sentence.

User avatar
crystalhawkeye
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:00 pm

Re: Iowa 2012

Postby crystalhawkeye » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:22 pm

mikeytwoshoes wrote:It had to be your amazing softs. Feel free to guess whether softs means boobs in this sentence.

Feel free to guess whether or not mikey resembles Whitty's creepy-ass professor in this sentence.

User avatar
mikeytwoshoes
Posts: 1117
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:45 pm

Re: Iowa 2012

Postby mikeytwoshoes » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:29 pm

I just checked and they already found me on facebook but the group didn't notify me. :x

User avatar
mikeytwoshoes
Posts: 1117
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:45 pm

Re: Iowa 2012

Postby mikeytwoshoes » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:30 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:
mikeytwoshoes wrote:It had to be your amazing softs. Feel free to guess whether softs means boobs in this sentence.

Feel free to guess whether or not mikey resembles Whitty's creepy-ass professor in this sentence.

Sorry, it's a running joke Whitty and I have in PM. It just slipped out of my fingers.

User avatar
crystalhawkeye
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:00 pm

Re: Iowa 2012

Postby crystalhawkeye » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:43 pm

mikeytwoshoes wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:
mikeytwoshoes wrote:It had to be your amazing softs. Feel free to guess whether softs means boobs in this sentence.

Feel free to guess whether or not mikey resembles Whitty's creepy-ass professor in this sentence.

Sorry, it's a running joke Whitty and I have in PM. It just slipped out of my fingers.

Ah, sounds hilarious.

User avatar
mikeytwoshoes
Posts: 1117
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:45 pm

Re: Iowa 2012

Postby mikeytwoshoes » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:57 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:
mikeytwoshoes wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:
mikeytwoshoes wrote:It had to be your amazing softs. Feel free to guess whether softs means boobs in this sentence.

Feel free to guess whether or not mikey resembles Whitty's creepy-ass professor in this sentence.

Sorry, it's a running joke Whitty and I have in PM. It just slipped out of my fingers.

Ah, sounds hilarious.

It is quite chucklesome.

User avatar
crystalhawkeye
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:00 pm

Re: Iowa 2012

Postby crystalhawkeye » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:08 pm

You're a one-man audience, mikey.

User avatar
mikeytwoshoes
Posts: 1117
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:45 pm

Re: Iowa 2012

Postby mikeytwoshoes » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:52 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:You're a one-man audience, mikey.

:o

User avatar
Whitty
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:20 pm

Re: Iowa 2012

Postby Whitty » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:00 pm

Hmm..anyways..
I found this while searching for pics of the LS building. Wtf???

Image

User avatar
mikeytwoshoes
Posts: 1117
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:45 pm

Re: Iowa 2012

Postby mikeytwoshoes » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:06 pm

Whitty wrote:Hmm..anyways..
I found this while searching for pics of the LS building. Wtf???

Image

:shock:

User avatar
frotteur
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:54 pm

Re: Iowa 2012

Postby frotteur » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:19 pm

Whitty wrote:Hmm..anyways..
I found this while searching for pics of the LS building. Wtf???

Image


That is going to give me a stroke.

User avatar
scott82
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:26 pm

Re: Iowa 2012

Postby scott82 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:37 pm

We've played in the Alamo Bowl 4 times; that would be my best guess.

User avatar
Whitty
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:20 pm

Re: Iowa 2012

Postby Whitty » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:44 pm

scott82 wrote:We've played in the Alamo Bowl 4 times; that would be my best guess.


A-Ha! There is a method to the madness.

User avatar
mikeytwoshoes
Posts: 1117
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:45 pm

Re: Iowa 2012

Postby mikeytwoshoes » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:04 pm

Whitty wrote:
scott82 wrote:We've played in the Alamo Bowl 4 times; that would be my best guess.


A-Ha! There is a method to the madness.

Yeah but why would it come up in an image search for the law building? How many pages into the search was this?

User avatar
mikeytwoshoes
Posts: 1117
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:45 pm

Re: Iowa 2012

Postby mikeytwoshoes » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:41 pm

Anyone know how many sections there are in the large classes?

I hear the small classes have like 8 sections. These are apparently legal writing classes which have full time professors. Most schools have adjunct writing profs.

greentrees
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:44 pm

Re: Iowa 2012

Postby greentrees » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:16 pm

mikeytwoshoes wrote:Anyone know how many sections there are in the large classes?

I hear the small classes have like 8 sections. These are apparently legal writing classes which have full time professors. Most schools have adjunct writing profs.


The small section class is comprised of two sections. The large classes are generally comprised on six sections. Legal writing is just your section.

NorseHawk
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:07 pm

Re: Iowa 2012

Postby NorseHawk » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:32 pm

scott82 wrote:We've played in the Alamo Bowl 4 times; that would be my best guess.


Close. It's a little known fact that we actually won possession of the state of Texas after beating Texas Tech in the 2001 Alamo Bowl (it was not back on the line in the 2006 Alamo Bowl against Texas because the 2006 and 2007 Iowa seasons never actually happened)

User avatar
mikeytwoshoes
Posts: 1117
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:45 pm

Re: Iowa 2012

Postby mikeytwoshoes » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:37 pm

greentrees wrote:
mikeytwoshoes wrote:Anyone know how many sections there are in the large classes?

I hear the small classes have like 8 sections. These are apparently legal writing classes which have full time professors. Most schools have adjunct writing profs.


The small section class is comprised of two sections. The large classes are generally comprised on six sections. Legal writing is just your section.

How many people per legal writing section? This will be your section, correct?

greentrees
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:44 pm

Re: Iowa 2012

Postby greentrees » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:05 pm

mikeytwoshoes wrote:
greentrees wrote:
mikeytwoshoes wrote:Anyone know how many sections there are in the large classes?

I hear the small classes have like 8 sections. These are apparently legal writing classes which have full time professors. Most schools have adjunct writing profs.


The small section class is comprised of two sections. The large classes are generally comprised on six sections. Legal writing is just your section.

How many people per legal writing section? This will be your section, correct?


Approximately 20. Yes.

User avatar
Whitty
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:20 pm

Re: Iowa 2012

Postby Whitty » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:22 pm

I had a terrible dream last night that I was accepted by accident! :(
But I got my official papers in the mail today so I can exhale a sigh of relief!


Did anyone else find it odd that they want to know your entire medical history right off the bat? Not that I have anything to hide..

User avatar
mikeytwoshoes
Posts: 1117
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:45 pm

Re: Iowa 2012

Postby mikeytwoshoes » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:47 pm

Whitty wrote:I had a terrible dream last night that I was accepted by accident! :(

I'm pretty sure they can't rescind an offer for a mistake. They offered admissions, which becomes a contract if you accept within the constraints specified by the offer. Scary dream, though.

Did anyone else find it odd that they want to know your entire medical history right off the bat? Not that I have anything to hide..


+1 but I'm sure it's just a safety thing.

User avatar
crystalhawkeye
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:00 pm

Re: Iowa 2012

Postby crystalhawkeye » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:39 pm

Whitty wrote:Did anyone else find it odd that they want to know your entire medical history right off the bat? Not that I have anything to hide..

Where/when did they ask this? I don't remember anything about that...




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest