I have to agree on the Case Western e-mails. They sent me like 3 in one day! It's smells of desperation. To answer the question posed to me a week ago. I was pretty set on attending Iowa thus I was hanging around this thread about a week ago. Of course, I was convinced I wasn't going to get in anywhere else. It's a great way to temper expectations.
Then I got into UCLA. However, the same day I also got a full ride offer from Iowa. So now I'm awash in spreadsheets calculating loan payments versus median salaries.
I'll need to visit to make a final decision. Most people around Iowa that I've told think I'm stupid to not take a full ride. Then again most people on these forums think I'm stupid to consider a Iowa over a higher ranked school.
Decisions are tough.
+1. Same issue. I had basically decided on Iowa until I got a small scholarship from a T10. I decided I wasn't going to pay full price anywhere, but now I'm trying to balance debt (alot but less than full sticker) vs. prestige. Then also considering that the debt from the higher ranked school still forces you into a certain type of job. If you are 125k in debt, you can't take the job paying 85k that offers a better work/life balance, you have to try and get the 140k job that will work you to death.
I keep going back and forth thinking I will withdraw then thinking I may go. At this point, I may hedge by paying the deposit at Iowa, visiting the other school and see if they can get me over the debt issue.