Iowa 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
coolkatz321

Bronze

Re: Iowa 2012

Post by coolkatz321 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:14 am

That man's bowtie is larger than his head.

mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:29 am

coolkatz321 wrote:
That man's bowtie is larger than his head.
Agreed but I hate bow ties in general. :twisted:

isustudent

New

Post by isustudent » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:50 am

I just signed on a one bedroom, so I guess it's official! I would suggest people check out old gold ct with heritage property management (where I'm living).

7 minute walk to the law school, visitor parking, landlord lives there and is really helpful. It is on a dead end, so it is extremely quiet. Landlord told me it's 90% grad students, with 60% being law students.

They have 1 and 2 bedroom apts.

pomona

Bronze

Post by pomona » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:12 am

isustudent wrote:I just signed on a one bedroom, so I guess it's official! I would suggest people check out old gold ct with heritage property management (where I'm living).

7 minute walk to the law school, visitor parking, landlord lives there and is really helpful. It is on a dead end, so it is extremely quiet. Landlord told me it's 90% grad students, with 60% being law students.

Thanks. I checked out their website. Did you go with the "small" or "large" one bedroom? Is there much difference in size?

isustudent

New

Post by isustudent » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:33 pm

pomona wrote:
isustudent wrote:I just signed on a one bedroom, so I guess it's official! I would suggest people check out old gold ct with heritage property management (where I'm living).

Thanks. I checked out their website. Did you go with the "small" or "large" one bedroom? Is there much difference in size?

I went with the large. The difference is between 400 sq feet and 600 sq feet. The main difference I noticed was the size of the kitchen. Both sizes were nice though. All the apartments had fairly new carpet and appliances. I think my stove is one year old, and my fridge is three years old.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pomona

Bronze

Post by pomona » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:40 pm

isustudent wrote:
pomona wrote:

I went with the large. The difference is between 400 sq feet and 600 sq feet. The main difference I noticed was the size of the kitchen. Both sizes were nice though. All the apartments had fairly new carpet and appliances. I think my stove is one year old, and my fridge is three years old.
Wow, yeah, $40 more a month for an additional 200 sq feet sounds very reasonable to me.

rainmaker614

Bronze

Post by rainmaker614 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:21 pm

Would you happen to have any pics? They don't have any on the site of actual apartments.

isustudent

New

Post by isustudent » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:30 pm

Sorry, but I don't. I thought about that AFTER I left.

hoosier1508

New

Post by hoosier1508 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:58 pm

isustudent wrote:
pomona wrote:

400 sq ft is a very small apartment. Good call on going with the larger one.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rainmaker614

Bronze

Post by rainmaker614 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:47 pm

isustudent: thanks anyways! How are the kitchens in the apartments? Some of the ones i've been looking at are dated to say the least...

Well I just sent in my award acceptance email, IVF, seat deposit, medical history, etc. Here's to being in the class of 2012...

Apartment shopping tomorrow and hopefully I'll have a place by the end of the week.

scott82

Bronze

Post by scott82 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:57 pm

this is where I'm living next year:

--LinkRemoved--

It's about 2 miles from the law school and probably more room than a single person would want, but the wife fell in love with it at first sight and we're both anxious to get away from downtown.

edit: hmm... seems whoever wrote that ad doesn't know any adjectives besides "huge".

isustudent

New

Post by isustudent » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:06 pm

rainmaker614 wrote:isustudent: thanks anyways! How are the kitchens in the apartments? Some of the ones i've been looking at are dated to say the least...

Well I just sent in my award acceptance email, IVF, seat deposit, medical history, etc. Here's to being in the class of 2012...

Apartment shopping tomorrow and hopefully I'll have a place by the end of the week.
There is no dishwasher, which is kind of a bummer, but the majority of apartments I looked at (and believe me I looked at a lot) did not have one. The appliances are all fairly new (within a few years). The cabinets and countertops looked fairly dated, but there was plenty worse.

hoosier1508

New

Post by hoosier1508 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:09 pm

rainmaker614 wrote:isustudent: thanks anyways! How are the kitchens in the apartments? Some of the ones i've been looking at are dated to say the least...

Congrats.

What is the deal with this medical history form? Anyone who was accepted before January get one? I certainly did not.

Is there a due date on that thing?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hoosier1508

New

Post by hoosier1508 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:11 pm

scott82 wrote:this is where I'm living next year:

--LinkRemoved--

It's about 2 miles from the law school and probably more room than a single person would want, but the wife fell in love with it at first sight and we're both anxious to get away from downtown.

edit: hmm... seems whoever wrote that ad doesn't know any adjectives besides "huge".
Pretty nice.

My favorite part of the ad : "cats are OK - purrr". Weird.

mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:10 pm

hoosier1508 wrote:
scott82 wrote:this is where I'm living next year:

--LinkRemoved--

Pretty nice.

My favorite part of the ad : "cats are OK - purrr". Weird.
When you post an ad on Craigslist, if you select cats are ok, it automatically adds purr. If you do the same for dogs, it adds woof.

New Madrid

New

Post by New Madrid » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:22 pm

hoosier1508 wrote:

Congrats.

What is the deal with this medical history form? Anyone who was accepted before January get one? I certainly did not.

I didn't get it either. Seems it's downloadable on ISIS.

rainmaker614

Bronze

Post by rainmaker614 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:04 am

hoosier1508 wrote:

Congrats.

I actually received it in the mail a few weeks after my acceptance email (I was accepted in January). There isn't a due date and most of it isn't required but there is one section that asks for a copy of your immunization records and that is the only required part. All it says is that you won't be able to attend school without it being sent in so you'll likely have until classes start but i'd get it in as soon as possible.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mitchske

New

Post by Mitchske » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:07 pm

I'm about 80% sure I'll be at Iowa at this point unless I get off the W/L at Illinois or love my visit to Hofstra (I'm under consideration for a full ride.)

If I was moving to Iowa City now, this is the apartment I'd want. --LinkRemoved--

Edit: This looks promising, too. --LinkRemoved--

rainmaker614

Bronze

Post by rainmaker614 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:12 pm

--LinkRemoved--

About to sign the lease on this apartment w/southgate properties.

$570 a month with a gas fireplace, central air, dishwasher, parking, washer and dryer rooms for each floor, 600sq feet, etc., is not a bad deal at all. Plus it was built in the late 90's. :)

And it is crazy how almost everywhere is sold out! I got lucky with this one as there was only 2 left...

mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:24 pm

I know what place I want to rent but I can't commit until I get my ding from NYU, Wash U etc. but they persist in their sluggishness. If I was renting in a building grad students generally lived, I'd be worried.

Who else is still waiting for other schools?

pomona

Bronze

Post by pomona » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:31 pm

mikeytwoshoes wrote:I know what place I want to rent but I can't commit until I get my ding from NYU, Wash U etc. but they persist in their sluggishness. If I was renting in a building grad students generally lived, I'd be worried.

Who else is still waiting for other schools?
Me - on WashU too...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:20 pm

Iowa is really pushing to make sale. 2 emails from alumni in the past two days and a reminder of the due date for the first deposit.

chadwick218

Silver

Post by chadwick218 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:21 pm

In at Iowa today!!!

mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:33 pm

chadwick218 wrote:In at Iowa today!!!
Congratulations, how likely are you to attend?

Whitty

Bronze

Post by Whitty » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:18 pm

chadwick218 wrote:In at Iowa today!!!
Congrats chadwick!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”