Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
User avatar
bella16
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:15 am

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby bella16 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:14 am

tha trev wrote:which places bella?

I looked at Abbey West & Lakeside Apts. Butttt, I'm actually going to rent a room in this brand new townhouse with a girl I met. She's a young professional and lives off of Timothy Road. I went Friday and really liked it. I get a master suite, my own bathroom, and hardwood floors, what more could a girl ask for! I'm happy now and just need to worry about graduating this summer so I can actually go lol :P

User avatar
jennylynn
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:38 pm

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby jennylynn » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:10 pm

bella16 wrote:
tha trev wrote:which places bella?

I looked at Abbey West & Lakeside Apts. Butttt, I'm actually going to rent a room in this brand new townhouse with a girl I met. She's a young professional and lives off of Timothy Road. I went Friday and really liked it. I get a master suite, my own bathroom, and hardwood floors, what more could a girl ask for! I'm happy now and just need to worry about graduating this summer so I can actually go lol :P

Wait...is that one of those new brick ones on Timothy? There's a short row of them that face the road (and are pretty close to the road, too)? If so, I'm jealous. They're beautiful!

User avatar
waker57
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:18 pm

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby waker57 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:34 am

Ok, I just got home from my trip, and where do I begin?

I flew down on Sunday morning and arrived in Atlanta to pretty heavy snow. Drive to Athens, took about 2 hours and people were driving off the road left and right. Get to Athens, it just doesn't stop snowing. My hotel loses power temporarily. UGA closes campus for Monday, the day I had set up for a visit and to sit in on a class. There is nowhere to get food. I try to change my flight from Monday night to Tues night, or even Tues evening so I could go to campus on Tues, but they couldn't do it, couldn't do anything for me. I was able to walk around campus on Monday trekking through snow, and it was still the best campus I've ever seen, besides being unprepared for the worst storm they've had in 25 years, Athens is a great place. I was able to salvage the trip somewhat, have decided to attend, and even was able to look at apartments. I then went to Atlanta and checked out the ATL a while before my flight, which didn't go smoothly on the way home, but oh well, I'm home, and I'm going to UGA in the fall.

User avatar
jennylynn
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:38 pm

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby jennylynn » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:43 am

haha! I got stuck in Athens Sunday night because of the freaky snow. I'm glad that the experience didn't turn you off! Yay, I'm glad you're coming. :)

User avatar
bella16
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:15 am

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby bella16 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:11 am

waker57 wrote:Ok, I just got home from my trip, and where do I begin?

I flew down on Sunday morning and arrived in Atlanta to pretty heavy snow. Drive to Athens, took about 2 hours and people were driving off the road left and right. Get to Athens, it just doesn't stop snowing. My hotel loses power temporarily. UGA closes campus for Monday, the day I had set up for a visit and to sit in on a class. There is nowhere to get food. I try to change my flight from Monday night to Tues night, or even Tues evening so I could go to campus on Tues, but they couldn't do it, couldn't do anything for me. I was able to walk around campus on Monday trekking through snow, and it was still the best campus I've ever seen, besides being unprepared for the worst storm they've had in 25 years, Athens is a great place. I was able to salvage the trip somewhat, have decided to attend, and even was able to look at apartments. I then went to Atlanta and checked out the ATL a while before my flight, which didn't go smoothly on the way home, but oh well, I'm home, and I'm going to UGA in the fall.


Yay, I'm glad your experience didn't throw you off. That was the first time in my four years of living in Atlanta that we got that much snow! That was highly unusual. Maybe I'll see ya in August!

User avatar
badlydrawn
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:11 am

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby badlydrawn » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:59 am

Georgia is still in the running for me. How much are you all shelling out for rent?

User avatar
jennylynn
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:38 pm

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby jennylynn » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:37 am

I haven't settled on a place yet, but I'm guessing $300-400 per month. Under $500, definitely.

User avatar
bella16
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:15 am

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby bella16 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:04 pm

$400 per month. No deposit and no freaking $1000 pet fee!

bnoble318
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby bnoble318 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:58 pm

Who all is going to the thing in ATL Thursday? I'll be there; does anyone know if we should eat before? Business attire, right? (suit for us gentlemen?)

User avatar
bella16
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:15 am

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby bella16 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:02 pm

bnoble318 wrote:Who all is going to the thing in ATL Thursday? I'll be there; does anyone know if we should eat before? Business attire, right? (suit for us gentlemen?)

I'll be there b/c I live in Atlanta whoop whoop! I think I'm going to dress buisness casual. Didn't it say cocktail reception? I think I'm going to eat before.

User avatar
jennylynn
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:38 pm

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby jennylynn » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:10 pm

Nice new tar, bella. :)

User avatar
bella16
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:15 am

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby bella16 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:12 pm

jennylynn wrote:Nice new tar, bella. :)

Thanks! I usually go here http://www.1avatars.com/ They have a lot of cute ones to choose from.

soobaroo227
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:14 pm

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby soobaroo227 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:44 am

bnoble318 wrote:Who all is going to the thing in ATL Thursday? I'll be there; does anyone know if we should eat before? Business attire, right? (suit for us gentlemen?)


Yes, the invitation said business attire. I have no clue about eating beforehand though.

User avatar
bella16
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:15 am

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby bella16 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:46 am

soobaroo227 wrote:
bnoble318 wrote:Who all is going to the thing in ATL Thursday? I'll be there; does anyone know if we should eat before? Business attire, right? (suit for us gentlemen?)


Yes, the invitation said business attire. I have no clue about eating beforehand though.

eek. Maybe I will wear a suit then.

User avatar
jennylynn
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:38 pm

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby jennylynn » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:11 pm

Spring break, so I'm thinking about going to Ikea with the mum at some point this week to see how much I'm going to need to budget for dishes and crap. Fun! :D

User avatar
jennylynn
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:38 pm

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby jennylynn » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:10 am

Ok, so the UGA threads have been dead lately. Where is everybody???

User avatar
bella16
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:15 am

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby bella16 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:41 pm

jennylynn wrote:Ok, so the UGA threads have been dead lately. Where is everybody???

I'm in Geography lecture learning about the Cumberland Gap. You?

User avatar
jennylynn
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:38 pm

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby jennylynn » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:51 pm

bella16 wrote:
jennylynn wrote:Ok, so the UGA threads have been dead lately. Where is everybody???

I'm in Geography lecture learning about the Cumberland Gap. You?

I'm sitting home on spring break. blah.

soobaroo227
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:14 pm

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby soobaroo227 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:38 pm

I'm slaving away at work. So did anyone make it to the reception at Troutman Sanders last week?

kmt412
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:03 pm

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby kmt412 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:50 pm

And btw, is someone going to make a Georgia Law 2012 Facebook group?

User avatar
jennylynn
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:38 pm

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby jennylynn » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:53 pm

Go for it, kmt! And let me know when you do so I can join. :)

kmt412
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:03 pm

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby kmt412 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:02 pm

I totally will get on it as soon I get home from work!

User avatar
bella16
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:15 am

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby bella16 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:04 pm

soobaroo227 wrote:I'm slaving away at work. So did anyone make it to the reception at Troutman Sanders last week?

I did. I enjoyed it and it really helped solidify the decision for me :P

kmt412
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:03 pm

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby kmt412 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:09 pm

University of Georgia Law Class of 2012

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=69785169872

Go join everybody!

User avatar
jennylynn
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:38 pm

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby jennylynn » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:40 pm

I joined! woohooo....it's on Facebook, so now it's official! lol




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest