Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
User avatar
tha trev
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:12 am

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby tha trev » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:54 pm

not going as i'm still living out west...wish i could, though.

bnoble318
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby bnoble318 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:05 pm

hey yall,

In at UGA, and they are in the lead! Born and raised in Rome, (GA that is...) and have been to Athens for a visit many times. Love the town, but have a few questions.

I have a dog, and he's coming with me...truly man's best friend. How is the rental house market down there? Is it going to be hard to find a house with a fenced in yard to let my little guy run around in all day?

Will it be worth it to go to both the thing in Atlanta and the Accepted Students day? I am free on both, but dont know if that's overkill...

User avatar
HipHopAPotamus
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:37 am

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby HipHopAPotamus » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:09 pm

Hi all UGA'ers.
Has anyone recieved scholarship offers? I know alot of 1st year in-state tuition reduction offers went out (I received one) but I wonder if they'll make additional merit offers later (this was mentioned in another thread). I emailed UGA admissions about this weeks ago and never recieved a response. Thanks.

soobaroo227
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:14 pm

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby soobaroo227 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:20 am

Hey, I'll definitely be going to this thing on the 5th at Troutman because I'm not sure if I'll be able to make the other reception. I have one question though, I know the other thing is usually considered more casual, but as a guy, what should I wear at this thing at Troutman? I don't want to show up drastically under or over dressed.

User avatar
bella16
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:15 am

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby bella16 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:32 pm

bnoble318 wrote:hey yall,

In at UGA, and they are in the lead! Born and raised in Rome, (GA that is...) and have been to Athens for a visit many times. Love the town, but have a few questions.

I have a dog, and he's coming with me...truly man's best friend. How is the rental house market down there? Is it going to be hard to find a house with a fenced in yard to let my little guy run around in all day?

Will it be worth it to go to both the thing in Atlanta and the Accepted Students day? I am free on both, but dont know if that's overkill...

Congrats! I have two dogs who are coming with me as well. Also, I'm going to both events. I'm free and they're free so why not!?! Maybe I'll see ya there!

User avatar
bella16
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:15 am

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby bella16 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:34 pm

HipHopAPotamus wrote:Hi all UGA'ers.
Has anyone recieved scholarship offers? I know alot of 1st year in-state tuition reduction offers went out (I received one) but I wonder if they'll make additional merit offers later (this was mentioned in another thread). I emailed UGA admissions about this weeks ago and never recieved a response. Thanks.

I'm in-state & I received a scholarship offer maybe a week and a half ago.

User avatar
bella16
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:15 am

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby bella16 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:09 pm

Yippie! UGA 2l called last night and made UGA sound even better!

User avatar
gdizz01
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:13 pm

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby gdizz01 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:13 pm

3.7, 165...autorejected in 10 days from application submission.

don't do drugs, kids!! :shock:

User avatar
tha trev
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:12 am

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby tha trev » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:57 am

gdizz01 wrote:3.7, 165...autorejected in 10 days from application submission.

don't do drugs, kids!! :shock:


felony conviction?

User avatar
jennylynn
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:38 pm

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby jennylynn » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:27 pm

bella16 wrote:
bnoble318 wrote:hey yall,

In at UGA, and they are in the lead! Born and raised in Rome, (GA that is...) and have been to Athens for a visit many times. Love the town, but have a few questions.

I have a dog, and he's coming with me...truly man's best friend. How is the rental house market down there? Is it going to be hard to find a house with a fenced in yard to let my little guy run around in all day?

Will it be worth it to go to both the thing in Atlanta and the Accepted Students day? I am free on both, but dont know if that's overkill...

Congrats! I have two dogs who are coming with me as well. Also, I'm going to both events. I'm free and they're free so why not!?! Maybe I'll see ya there!

aw, puppies! What kind of puppies are y'all bringing?

User avatar
jennylynn
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:38 pm

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby jennylynn » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:38 pm

vert d'eau wrote:i have a jack/chi mix and a rat terrier mix. :D

haha awww!! Wow, I bet they're high energy...and adorable. Pictures? :D
I hope I can bring my kitty with me...I wuvs him.

User avatar
bella16
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:15 am

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby bella16 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:25 pm

My boy
Image

My girl
Image

User avatar
jennylynn
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:38 pm

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby jennylynn » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:31 pm

AWWWWW
bella, you have to let me pet them. I can't stand it...they're too cute!

bnoble318
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby bnoble318 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:37 pm

I'm bringing a man's dog, haha...hes boxer/bulldog...and he might actually be related to UGA, the mascot...I'll have to check in with the owner of his mama to confirm...hes still a puppy and turns 1 in exactly a month

I cant get the image thing to work, oh well.

User avatar
jennylynn
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:38 pm

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby jennylynn » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:42 pm

Vert, they're sooooo cute! I want to play with them. We need to have a puppy play date!

User avatar
bella16
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:15 am

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby bella16 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:53 pm

Thanks, they're bad. But Vert I almost thought little uga was a real dog too lol

User avatar
gdizz01
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:13 pm

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby gdizz01 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:30 pm

tha trev wrote:
gdizz01 wrote:3.7, 165...autorejected in 10 days from application submission.

don't do drugs, kids!! :shock:


felony conviction?


bingo...and based on my approximately 95% chance of acceptance based on last years numbers (on lsac.org), I assume it has more to do with a zero-tolerance policy than the rest of my application, which is strong...definately not the way I wanted to start my cycle, but I'm over it.

User avatar
jennylynn
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:38 pm

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby jennylynn » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:35 am

bnoble318 wrote:I'm bringing a man's dog, haha...hes boxer/bulldog...and he might actually be related to UGA, the mascot...I'll have to check in with the owner of his mama to confirm...hes still a puppy and turns 1 in exactly a month

I cant get the image thing to work, oh well.

sounds like my kind of puppy. I have a couple bullys myself, but they're family dogs and won't be coming with me. :(

User avatar
jennylynn
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:38 pm

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby jennylynn » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:23 am

when are you guys going to start apartment hunting? I don't want to start too early because many apartment complexes can't tell you about availability until you're within a certain couple months before move-in day. On the other hand, I don't want to wait until it's too late... :?

Philranger
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:43 pm

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby Philranger » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:32 am

.
Last edited by Philranger on Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
labellavita
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:27 am

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby labellavita » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:38 am

jennylynn wrote:when are you guys going to start apartment hunting? I don't want to start too early because many apartment complexes can't tell you about availability until you're within a certain couple months before move-in day. On the other hand, I don't want to wait until it's too late... :?


Just start looking at complexes now so you know which ones you'd seriously want to live in come the fall. Then keep in contact with the office over the next few months so you know when what you're interested in is available. I don't know where I'm going to end up going to school, but if I were you and going to UGA, I'd start hunting in March/April and start thinking about roommates. It's Athens and trust me, there's no shortage of housing options, but don't wait until July/August when everyone is clamoring to find a place and sign a lease.

User avatar
jennylynn
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:38 pm

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby jennylynn » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:53 pm

labellavita wrote:
jennylynn wrote:when are you guys going to start apartment hunting? I don't want to start too early because many apartment complexes can't tell you about availability until you're within a certain couple months before move-in day. On the other hand, I don't want to wait until it's too late... :?


Just start looking at complexes now so you know which ones you'd seriously want to live in come the fall. Then keep in contact with the office over the next few months so you know when what you're interested in is available. I don't know where I'm going to end up going to school, but if I were you and going to UGA, I'd start hunting in March/April and start thinking about roommates. It's Athens and trust me, there's no shortage of housing options, but don't wait until July/August when everyone is clamoring to find a place and sign a lease.

Excellent advice. Thanks! :)

User avatar
Law_Walker84
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby Law_Walker84 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:49 pm

jennylynn wrote:
labellavita wrote:
jennylynn wrote:when are you guys going to start apartment hunting? I don't want to start too early because many apartment complexes can't tell you about availability until you're within a certain couple months before move-in day. On the other hand, I don't want to wait until it's too late... :?


Just start looking at complexes now so you know which ones you'd seriously want to live in come the fall. Then keep in contact with the office over the next few months so you know when what you're interested in is available. I don't know where I'm going to end up going to school, but if I were you and going to UGA, I'd start hunting in March/April and start thinking about roommates. It's Athens and trust me, there's no shortage of housing options, but don't wait until July/August when everyone is clamoring to find a place and sign a lease.

Excellent advice. Thanks! :)



Ditto!! I found a place I loved and the cost is not too bad. I will have roommates but it comes with my own bathroom and a large living space. I would suggest that if you are looking to room with someone, and you know for sure that you want to go to UGA, you start getting things together now. With everything else you will have to do to prepare (moving, financial aid, books, etc.) knowing that you have a place to stay that you can tolerate for the semester is helps a lot. All the great places go first, so if you can, visit and decide as soon as possible. Alot of places are having great deals because they want to be a full capacity by May, so seize the great opportunities. :wink:

User avatar
bella16
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:15 am

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby bella16 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:53 am

Law_Walker84 wrote:
Ditto!! I found a place I loved and the cost is not too bad. I will have roommates but it comes with my own bathroom and a large living space. I would suggest that if you are looking to room with someone, and you know for sure that you want to go to UGA, you start getting things together now. With everything else you will have to do to prepare (moving, financial aid, books, etc.) knowing that you have a place to stay that you can tolerate for the semester is helps a lot. All the great places go first, so if you can, visit and decide as soon as possible. Alot of places are having great deals because they want to be a full capacity by May, so seize the great opportunities. :wink:

Hopefully I will secure a place today :) I've narrowed it down to a couple of places and will check them out in a few hours when I go down there :P

User avatar
tha trev
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:12 am

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Postby tha trev » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:25 am

which places bella?




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest