Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
tha trev

New

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Post by tha trev » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:17 pm

jennylynn wrote:Ok, so the UGA threads have been dead lately. Where is everybody???

trying to stay motivated...

trying to graduate...

impatiently waiting for spring break.

ramblinwreck

New

Post by ramblinwreck » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:08 pm

bella16 wrote:
soobaroo227 wrote:I'm slaving away at work. So did anyone make it to the reception at Troutman Sanders last week?
I did. I enjoyed it and it really helped solidify the decision for me :P
I also truly enjoyed it. If you want to stay in GA or the Southeast, the Alumni network is priceless.

waker57

New

Post by waker57 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:10 pm

jennylynn wrote:I joined! woohooo....it's on Facebook, so now it's official! lol
That is actually a more important step than sending in a deposit as far as making it "official". Now all we need is someone with the guts to make a "UGA Law 2012" group, but I don't want to be that guy.

kmt412

New

Post by kmt412 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:20 pm

That is actually a more important step than sending in a deposit as far as making it "official". Now all we need is someone with the guts to make a "UGA Law 2012" group, but I don't want to be that guy.
I did already...it's here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=69785169872

labellavita

New

Post by labellavita » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:17 am

ramblinwreck wrote:
bella16 wrote:
soobaroo227 wrote:I'm slaving away at work. So did anyone make it to the reception at Troutman Sanders last week?
I did. I enjoyed it and it really helped solidify the decision for me :P
I also truly enjoyed it. If you want to stay in GA or the Southeast, the Alumni network is priceless.
Aren't you a techie? :wink:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bella16

Bronze

Post by bella16 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:11 pm

Bleh, now I'm back to second guessing myself about getting a roommate.

jennylynn

Bronze

Post by jennylynn » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:29 pm

bella16 wrote:Bleh, now I'm back to second guessing myself about getting a roommate.
What made you change your mind? (or think about changing your mind)

P.S. join the facebook group, Bella!!

bella16

Bronze

Post by bella16 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:36 pm

jennylynn wrote:
bella16 wrote:Bleh, now I'm back to second guessing myself about getting a roommate.

I've found some cute homes and townhomes that are like 2BR/2.5 bath for $550-$695 by a private owner. So, I can rent a whole place with no roommate and it's an actual "home" (I'm so tired of apt. living) for roughly $150 more than renting a room from this girl. Not to be a Debbie Downer, but she never went to college and works so I'm just a little bit apprehensive about being able to study there. Any thoughts?
Facebook Group- No-go. I just got a job as a server (I'd like to save some cash over the summer) and didn't tell them I'm starting law school in the fall. Yeaah, I suck but server's have high turnarounds anyways right? Well, my manager goes to my school and can totally see my profile :? . I should probably take off UGA Grad Student '12 too lol

waker57

New

Post by waker57 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:17 pm

bella16 wrote:
jennylynn wrote:

I've found some cute homes and townhomes that are like 2BR/2.5 bath for $550-$695 by a private owner. So, I can rent a whole place with no roommate and it's an actual "home" (I'm so tired of apt. living) for roughly $150 more than renting a room from this girl. Not to be a Debbie Downer, but she never went to college and works so I'm just a little bit apprehensive about being able to study there. Any thoughts?
Facebook Group- No-go. I just got a job as a server (I'd like to save some cash over the summer) and didn't tell them I'm starting law school in the fall. Yeaah, I suck but server's have high turnarounds anyways right? Well, my manager goes to my school and can totally see my profile :? . I should probably take off UGA Grad Student '12 too lol

Block the coworkers. If they ask, (assuming they even notice) you're just not interested in FB anymore. C'mon do it for UGA Law 2012.

As for the idea of homes, have you considered just a 1BR apt? I'd think you could probably get it for somewhere in between the price of the two options you mentioned, but I definitely don't think living with that girl is going to benefit you as far as studying goes.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

labellavita

New

Post by labellavita » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:01 am

bella16 wrote:
jennylynn wrote:

The idea of living in my own home all alone scares me :( I hate being lonely and I'm such a scaredy cat. Everything scares me when I'm alone. I called my BF over to my apt sooo many times because I was scared when my roommates went out of town. lol. I guess this is what happens when you grow up in a family of five & you're the baby.

jennylynn

Bronze

Post by jennylynn » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:46 am

Although I'm really nervous about the roommate situation (that they'll be too loud, dirty, etc.), I think living on my own would be a last resort. Some people thrive...I would be paranoid.

Bella, you should get that place and if my roomie is a pain, I'll skip over to your house hide there. lol

labellavita

New

Post by labellavita » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:44 am

jennylynn wrote:Although I'm really nervous about the roommate situation (that they'll be too loud, dirty, etc.), I think living on my own would be a last resort. Some people thrive...I would be paranoid.

Bella, you should get that place and if my roomie is a pain, I'll skip over to your house hide there. lol
+1 8)

jennylynn

Bronze

Post by jennylynn » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:59 am

Poor Bella...she's going to open her door one day and they'll be like 20 of us standing out there with our pillows and textbooks. haha

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

bella16

Bronze

Post by bella16 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:04 am

jennylynn wrote:Poor Bella...she's going to open her door one day and they'll be like 20 of us standing out there with our pillows and textbooks. haha
Lol you are all welcome to come crash anytime! I HATE having roommates! I lived on my own since sophomore year until my brother transferred up here but that doesn't count lol. Waker- I've looked at 1BR places & still have that in the back of my mind. But, the guy hasn't called me back about the house to give me any details & that was a few days ago. Granted he might be busy, but I'm thinking that's not a good sign for a landlord lol.

jennylynn

Bronze

Post by jennylynn » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:26 am

Yeah...promptness is always a good quality in a landlord!

I'm going apartment hunting Saturday, I think. I'm overwhelmed just thinking about it!

kmt412

New

Post by kmt412 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:49 am

I've been looking at places on Craigslist and I can't believe all the awesome and CHEAP housing to be had! If anyone is looking for a roommate to get a house/large condo with PM me!

bella16

Bronze

Post by bella16 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:54 am

I'm looking at a 3BR place in the Woodlands and I'm sure if my roomies were law students (TLS'ers) I wouldn't hate them lol. Oops, I actually have to go to class.
Edit- Just got off the phone with the lady who owns it and they know a bunch of the law professors and etc.. and seem to be super cool people to rent from! I'm going up there Saturday to look at it.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jennylynn

Bronze

Post by jennylynn » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:05 pm

Bella, I'm really interested! Do you mind if I meet you Saturday and go look at the place with you?? Send me a PM and we'll set it up!

labellavita

New

Post by labellavita » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:33 pm

bella16 wrote:I'm looking at a 3BR place in the Woodlands and I'm sure if my roomies were law students (TLS'ers) I wouldn't hate them lol. Oops, I actually have to go to class.
Edit- Just got off the phone with the lady who owns it and they know a bunch of the law professors and etc.. and seem to be super cool people to rent from! I'm going up there Saturday to look at it.
The Woodlands is pretty nice!

aguyingeorgia

Silver

Post by aguyingeorgia » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:10 pm

If anyone needs some help with moving in over the summer, consider Aguyingeorgia's volunteer services. He'll even bring friends to assist, likely rising 2L's who can help answer your questions about school.

Why?

Why not?

Best wishes to all, and feel free to contact me if you have any questions about Athens, places to live, etc.

bella16

Bronze

Post by bella16 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:31 pm

aguyingeorgia wrote:If anyone needs some help with moving in over the summer, consider Aguyingeorgia's volunteer services. He'll even bring friends to assist, likely rising 2L's who can help answer your questions about school.

Why?

Why not?

Best wishes to all, and feel free to contact me if you have any questions about Athens, places to live, etc.
OMG! Do you mean like you will help me move!?! If this is the case, I will take you out to dinner and cook you dinner once a week for two months straight! If not, then I am sad lol.

I just joined the facebook group!!!!!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

aguyingeorgia

Silver

Post by aguyingeorgia » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:33 pm

As long as I am around town, I will willingly help any TLS'er move...

So, yes Bella, that means I will help you. Of course. :)

jennylynn

Bronze

Post by jennylynn » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:35 pm

bella16 wrote:
aguyingeorgia wrote:If anyone needs some help with moving in over the summer, consider Aguyingeorgia's volunteer services. He'll even bring friends to assist, likely rising 2L's who can help answer your questions about school.

Why?

Why not?

OMG! Do you mean like you will help me move!?! If this is the case, I will take you out to dinner and cook you dinner once a week for two months straight! If not, then I am sad lol.
+1!
Are you that nice, or are you that board? lol

aguyingeorgia

Silver

Post by aguyingeorgia » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:36 pm

It isn't out of boredom.

LOL.

You know how hot it is going to be this summer.

bella16

Bronze

Post by bella16 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:42 pm

aguyingeorgia wrote:It isn't out of boredom.

LOL.

You know how hot it is going to be this summer.
Yay! Well I have an apt full of furniture! And I really will cook too!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”