Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
tha trev

New

Re: University of Georgia Class of 2012

Post by tha trev » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:54 pm

not going as i'm still living out west...wish i could, though.

bnoble318

New

Post by bnoble318 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:05 pm

hey yall,

In at UGA, and they are in the lead! Born and raised in Rome, (GA that is...) and have been to Athens for a visit many times. Love the town, but have a few questions.

I have a dog, and he's coming with me...truly man's best friend. How is the rental house market down there? Is it going to be hard to find a house with a fenced in yard to let my little guy run around in all day?

Will it be worth it to go to both the thing in Atlanta and the Accepted Students day? I am free on both, but dont know if that's overkill...

HipHopAPotamus

New

Post by HipHopAPotamus » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:09 pm

Hi all UGA'ers.
Has anyone recieved scholarship offers? I know alot of 1st year in-state tuition reduction offers went out (I received one) but I wonder if they'll make additional merit offers later (this was mentioned in another thread). I emailed UGA admissions about this weeks ago and never recieved a response. Thanks.

soobaroo227

New

Post by soobaroo227 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:20 am

Hey, I'll definitely be going to this thing on the 5th at Troutman because I'm not sure if I'll be able to make the other reception. I have one question though, I know the other thing is usually considered more casual, but as a guy, what should I wear at this thing at Troutman? I don't want to show up drastically under or over dressed.

bella16

Bronze

Post by bella16 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:32 pm

bnoble318 wrote:hey yall,

In at UGA, and they are in the lead! Born and raised in Rome, (GA that is...) and have been to Athens for a visit many times. Love the town, but have a few questions.

I have a dog, and he's coming with me...truly man's best friend. How is the rental house market down there? Is it going to be hard to find a house with a fenced in yard to let my little guy run around in all day?

Will it be worth it to go to both the thing in Atlanta and the Accepted Students day? I am free on both, but dont know if that's overkill...
Congrats! I have two dogs who are coming with me as well. Also, I'm going to both events. I'm free and they're free so why not!?! Maybe I'll see ya there!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bella16

Bronze

Post by bella16 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:34 pm

HipHopAPotamus wrote:Hi all UGA'ers.
Has anyone recieved scholarship offers? I know alot of 1st year in-state tuition reduction offers went out (I received one) but I wonder if they'll make additional merit offers later (this was mentioned in another thread). I emailed UGA admissions about this weeks ago and never recieved a response. Thanks.
I'm in-state & I received a scholarship offer maybe a week and a half ago.

bella16

Bronze

Post by bella16 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:09 pm

Yippie! UGA 2l called last night and made UGA sound even better!

gdizz01

New

Post by gdizz01 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:13 pm

3.7, 165...autorejected in 10 days from application submission.

don't do drugs, kids!! :shock:

tha trev

New

Post by tha trev » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:57 am

gdizz01 wrote:3.7, 165...autorejected in 10 days from application submission.

felony conviction?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jennylynn

Bronze

Post by jennylynn » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:27 pm

bella16 wrote:
bnoble318 wrote:hey yall,

Congrats! I have two dogs who are coming with me as well. Also, I'm going to both events. I'm free and they're free so why not!?! Maybe I'll see ya there!
aw, puppies! What kind of puppies are y'all bringing?

jennylynn

Bronze

Post by jennylynn » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:38 pm

vert d'eau wrote:i have a jack/chi mix and a rat terrier mix. :D
haha awww!! Wow, I bet they're high energy...and adorable. Pictures? :D
I hope I can bring my kitty with me...I wuvs him.

bella16

Bronze

Post by bella16 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:25 pm

My boy

My girl

jennylynn

Bronze

Post by jennylynn » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:31 pm

AWWWWW
bella, you have to let me pet them. I can't stand it...they're too cute!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

bnoble318

New

Post by bnoble318 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:37 pm

I'm bringing a man's dog, haha...hes boxer/bulldog...and he might actually be related to UGA, the mascot...I'll have to check in with the owner of his mama to confirm...hes still a puppy and turns 1 in exactly a month

I cant get the image thing to work, oh well.

jennylynn

Bronze

Post by jennylynn » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:42 pm

Vert, they're sooooo cute! I want to play with them. We need to have a puppy play date!

bella16

Bronze

Post by bella16 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:53 pm

Thanks, they're bad. But Vert I almost thought little uga was a real dog too lol

gdizz01

New

Post by gdizz01 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:30 pm

tha trev wrote:
gdizz01 wrote:3.7, 165...autorejected in 10 days from application submission.

felony conviction?
bingo...and based on my approximately 95% chance of acceptance based on last years numbers (on lsac.org), I assume it has more to do with a zero-tolerance policy than the rest of my application, which is strong...definately not the way I wanted to start my cycle, but I'm over it.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jennylynn

Bronze

Post by jennylynn » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:35 am

bnoble318 wrote:I'm bringing a man's dog, haha...hes boxer/bulldog...and he might actually be related to UGA, the mascot...I'll have to check in with the owner of his mama to confirm...hes still a puppy and turns 1 in exactly a month

I cant get the image thing to work, oh well.
sounds like my kind of puppy. I have a couple bullys myself, but they're family dogs and won't be coming with me. :(

jennylynn

Bronze

Post by jennylynn » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:23 am

when are you guys going to start apartment hunting? I don't want to start too early because many apartment complexes can't tell you about availability until you're within a certain couple months before move-in day. On the other hand, I don't want to wait until it's too late... :?

Philranger

New

Post by Philranger » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:32 am

Last edited by Philranger on Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

labellavita

New

Post by labellavita » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:38 am

jennylynn wrote:when are you guys going to start apartment hunting? I don't want to start too early because many apartment complexes can't tell you about availability until you're within a certain couple months before move-in day. On the other hand, I don't want to wait until it's too late... :?
Just start looking at complexes now so you know which ones you'd seriously want to live in come the fall. Then keep in contact with the office over the next few months so you know when what you're interested in is available. I don't know where I'm going to end up going to school, but if I were you and going to UGA, I'd start hunting in March/April and start thinking about roommates. It's Athens and trust me, there's no shortage of housing options, but don't wait until July/August when everyone is clamoring to find a place and sign a lease.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jennylynn

Bronze

Post by jennylynn » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:53 pm

labellavita wrote:
jennylynn wrote:when are you guys going to start apartment hunting? I don't want to start too early because many apartment complexes can't tell you about availability until you're within a certain couple months before move-in day. On the other hand, I don't want to wait until it's too late... :?
Just start looking at complexes now so you know which ones you'd seriously want to live in come the fall. Then keep in contact with the office over the next few months so you know when what you're interested in is available. I don't know where I'm going to end up going to school, but if I were you and going to UGA, I'd start hunting in March/April and start thinking about roommates. It's Athens and trust me, there's no shortage of housing options, but don't wait until July/August when everyone is clamoring to find a place and sign a lease.
Excellent advice. Thanks! :)

Law_Walker84

New

Post by Law_Walker84 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:49 pm

jennylynn wrote:
labellavita wrote:
Excellent advice. Thanks! :)

Ditto!! I found a place I loved and the cost is not too bad. I will have roommates but it comes with my own bathroom and a large living space. I would suggest that if you are looking to room with someone, and you know for sure that you want to go to UGA, you start getting things together now. With everything else you will have to do to prepare (moving, financial aid, books, etc.) knowing that you have a place to stay that you can tolerate for the semester is helps a lot. All the great places go first, so if you can, visit and decide as soon as possible. Alot of places are having great deals because they want to be a full capacity by May, so seize the great opportunities. :wink:

bella16

Bronze

Post by bella16 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:53 am

Law_Walker84 wrote:
Ditto!! I found a place I loved and the cost is not too bad. I will have roommates but it comes with my own bathroom and a large living space. I would suggest that if you are looking to room with someone, and you know for sure that you want to go to UGA, you start getting things together now. With everything else you will have to do to prepare (moving, financial aid, books, etc.) knowing that you have a place to stay that you can tolerate for the semester is helps a lot. All the great places go first, so if you can, visit and decide as soon as possible. Alot of places are having great deals because they want to be a full capacity by May, so seize the great opportunities. :wink:
Hopefully I will secure a place today :) I've narrowed it down to a couple of places and will check them out in a few hours when I go down there :P

tha trev

New

Post by tha trev » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:25 am

which places bella?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”