Emory Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
ig1983
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:40 am

Re: Emory Class of 2012

Postby ig1983 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:05 am

So I presume that I am section F. (OPUS account lists courses as "LAW 505A-0AF; LAW 520-0DF...")

How do we figure out if we are Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, or Neptune for Legal writing?

lawhopeful09
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Emory Class of 2012

Postby lawhopeful09 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:07 am

ig1983 wrote:So I presume that I am section F. (OPUS account lists courses as "LAW 505A-0AF; LAW 520-0DF...")

How do we figure out if we are Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, or Neptune for Legal writing?


What does your LAW 535A say next to it?

ig1983
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:40 am

Re: Emory Class of 2012

Postby ig1983 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:26 am

lawhopeful09 wrote:
ig1983 wrote:So I presume that I am section F. (OPUS account lists courses as "LAW 505A-0AF; LAW 520-0DF...")

How do we figure out if we are Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, or Neptune for Legal writing?


What does your LAW 535A say next to it?

LAW 535A-EAR


Ah, so I am section F and Earth for LW.

Can I just take this info to the book store, and they will have the book list of what I need?

lawhopeful09
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Emory Class of 2012

Postby lawhopeful09 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:34 am

ig1983 wrote:
lawhopeful09 wrote:
ig1983 wrote:So I presume that I am section F. (OPUS account lists courses as "LAW 505A-0AF; LAW 520-0DF...")

How do we figure out if we are Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, or Neptune for Legal writing?


What does your LAW 535A say next to it?

LAW 535A-EAR


Ah, so I am section F and Earth for LW.

Can I just take this info to the book store, and they will have the book list of what I need?


I ordered mine online first. You have an option before check out that lets you leave a comment. I asked them to set aside the books for me in a group for Section A. I paid online all ready though.

ig1983
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:40 am

Re: Emory Class of 2012

Postby ig1983 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:13 am

I just went down to the campus. I saw a couple signs for the student organization but nothing much else.

lawhopeful09
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Emory Class of 2012

Postby lawhopeful09 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:55 am

You can pick up your textbooks pre-packaged for you right now on the first floor of the law school (though not all of them). I did that and I also went and got my picture taken for my ID. Despite being mostly in the same place, getting the books still managed to be somewhat complicated.

ig1983
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:40 am

Re: Emory Class of 2012

Postby ig1983 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:19 pm

Where did you go to get your ID and books? I was in the law building this morning but did not see any sort of registration or information.

booker09
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:52 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2012

Postby booker09 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:22 pm

can't believe law school is starting so soon! :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

TLS should have a "beer" icon or something. b/c i need to use a beer icon (drunk emoticon?) right now. even tho it's 12:22 pm. :D

User avatar
MHP
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2012

Postby MHP » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:35 pm

You get your photo for your Emory Card ID at the Emory Card office (the bottom floor of the B Jones building, located on 200 Dowman Drive). IDs will be distributed Wednesday. You need to have your photo taken today or tomorrow during Emory Card office hours (I believe they're open until 3:30 PM) or you will have to wait in line with the entire undergrad population sometime next week. I went today and it took approximately two minutes.

Does anyone know if we get course photocopy materials at the bookstore or elsewhere? I went ahead and ordered the books I needed from the bookstore online, but didn't see an option for photocopy materials anywhere on the site... The Facebook group mentioned something about these materials being available on 'Blackboard', but I think it's down.

lawhopeful09
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Emory Class of 2012

Postby lawhopeful09 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:48 pm

MHP wrote:Does anyone know if we get course photocopy materials at the bookstore or elsewhere? I went ahead and ordered the books I needed from the bookstore online, but didn't see an option for photocopy materials anywhere on the site... The Facebook group mentioned something about these materials being available on 'Blackboard', but I think it's down.

No clue. I got a lot of conflicting information when I tried to go up there and ask.

User avatar
servinglife
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:35 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2012

Postby servinglife » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:50 pm

MHP wrote:You get your photo for your Emory Card ID at the Emory Card office (the bottom floor of the B Jones building, located on 200 Dowman Drive). IDs will be distributed Wednesday. You need to have your photo taken today or tomorrow during Emory Card office hours (I believe they're open until 3:30 PM) or you will have to wait in line with the entire undergrad population sometime next week. I went today and it took approximately two minutes.

Does anyone know if we get course photocopy materials at the bookstore or elsewhere? I went ahead and ordered the books I needed from the bookstore online, but didn't see an option for photocopy materials anywhere on the site... The Facebook group mentioned something about these materials being available on 'Blackboard', but I think it's down.

What is the site for the bookstore online?

lawhopeful09
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Emory Class of 2012

Postby lawhopeful09 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:53 pm

servinglife wrote:What is the site for the bookstore online?

http://www.bkstr.com/Home/10001-10409-1

But it's probably better to just go to the first floor of the law school. Dealing with the bookstore was a pain.

User avatar
servinglife
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:35 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2012

Postby servinglife » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:57 pm

lawhopeful09 wrote:
servinglife wrote:What is the site for the bookstore online?

http://www.bkstr.com/Home/10001-10409-1

But it's probably better to just go to the first floor of the law school. Dealing with the bookstore was a pain.

Thanks. Sent a PM to same effect, but also did you pick up your id when you had your picture taken?
Anyone else upload a picture? I'm wondering if I can go pick my id up now.
Thanks.

lawhopeful09
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Emory Class of 2012

Postby lawhopeful09 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:58 pm

servinglife wrote:
lawhopeful09 wrote:
servinglife wrote:What is the site for the bookstore online?

http://www.bkstr.com/Home/10001-10409-1

But it's probably better to just go to the first floor of the law school. Dealing with the bookstore was a pain.

Thanks. Sent a PM to same effect, but also did you pick up your id when you had your picture taken?
Anyone else upload a picture? I'm wondering if I can go pick my id up now.
Thanks.


I had my picture taken today at B Jones and they told me I'd get the ID on Wednesday.

User avatar
servinglife
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:35 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2012

Postby servinglife » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:00 pm

If anybody is a runner, there is a group that meets at Big Peach Running Company on Tues and Thurs at 6:30 PM for runs of between 4 and 6 miles. I'll be there this Tuesday. The address is:

114 E. Trinity Place
Decatur, GA 30030

website: http://www.bigpeachrunningco.com/

PM me if you need any more details.

booker09
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:52 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2012

Postby booker09 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:40 pm

er.. i realize this question was already asked, but I'm not in Prof Lynch's or Prof Carroll's course, so where exactly can I find LWRAP reading assignments for this thursday?

"Note that LWRAP sections Venus (Prof. Carroll) and Mars (Prof. Lynch) will have readings posted on Facebook; the other five LWRAP sections do not have any readings posted electronically."


(i'm in the "other five LWRAP sections" w/o any readings posted)

User avatar
servinglife
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:35 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2012

Postby servinglife » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:54 pm

booker09 wrote:er.. i realize this question was already asked, but I'm not in Prof Lynch's or Prof Carroll's course, so where exactly can I find LWRAP reading assignments for this thursday?

"Note that LWRAP sections Venus (Prof. Carroll) and Mars (Prof. Lynch) will have readings posted on Facebook; the other five LWRAP sections do not have any readings posted electronically."


(i'm in the "other five LWRAP sections" w/o any readings posted)

Pick up your packet from the copy center on the bottom floor of the law school. It will have your assignment in there.

booker09
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:52 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2012

Postby booker09 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:19 am

servinglife wrote:
booker09 wrote:er.. i realize this question was already asked, but I'm not in Prof Lynch's or Prof Carroll's course, so where exactly can I find LWRAP reading assignments for this thursday?

"Note that LWRAP sections Venus (Prof. Carroll) and Mars (Prof. Lynch) will have readings posted on Facebook; the other five LWRAP sections do not have any readings posted electronically."


(i'm in the "other five LWRAP sections" w/o any readings posted)

Pick up your packet from the copy center on the bottom floor of the law school. It will have your assignment in there.



ah, ok. gracias!

caic517
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:10 am

Re: Emory Class of 2012

Postby caic517 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:03 pm

what'd you guys think about orientation today? and what did you learn?

ill start first:

1. there will always be gunners
2. don't date within my section
3. i'm going to need two immunization shots (a very informative speech, if slightly redundant and very prolonged)
4. we got great faculty.

booker09
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:52 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2012

Postby booker09 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:17 pm

caic517 wrote:what'd you guys think about orientation today? and what did you learn?

ill start first:

1. there will always be gunners
2. don't date within my section
3. i'm going to need two immunization shots (a very informative speech, if slightly redundant and very prolonged)
4. we got great faculty.


re: 3... i think its cool that the CDC is right next door to emory

also, one of the professors who spoke today mentioned that the c/o 2012 was the "smartest" (i believe that's the exact word) entering class ever. hmm, any truth to that? or just trying to cushion the impending doom of the upcoming semester?

I think the latter, but i tend to be on the cynical side.

caic517
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:10 am

Re: Emory Class of 2012

Postby caic517 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:26 pm

re: 3... i think its cool that the CDC is right next door to emory

Yup.

As for the prof's words, it would be hard to say given we don't have facts (yes, I know we've been hearing that word many, many times these past few days) right in front of us, but it is possible in all likelihood. Although, it seems like we are the biggest if not one of the bigger entering classes. a little more than 1/8 more than the previous class is quite a difference.

booker09
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:52 pm

Re: Emory Class of 2012

Postby booker09 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:24 pm

i heard that the class of 2010 is around 250+ as well. but i think 2012 and 2010 are unusually big classes. i wonder why? needed the $? lol

caic, what section are u in? I'm in D

User avatar
gobucks101
Posts: 1445
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Emory Class of 2012

Postby gobucks101 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:32 pm

Yea they gave out serious cash to 166+ and given the economy, an Emory degree for only 8k a year tuition was the logical decision versus paying more at peer schools. I assume that many people felt this way, hence the large class size. I hope that they can compensate by bringing in more firms. Maybe that bump up to 20 can help facilitate that.

caic517
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:10 am

Re: Emory Class of 2012

Postby caic517 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:23 pm

Hey Booker, I'm in section E. If I haven't already met you, I'm sure we'll bump into each other during Civ Pro.

And I agree with gobucks. It seems to have been the case from people I've talked to during the wine reception. And the bump to 20 was definitely a pleasant surprise. Hopefully we might see a slight movement upwards again this year.

User avatar
jamaicanjynx
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:24 am

Re: Emory Class of 2012

Postby jamaicanjynx » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:26 am

Stupid question of the day. How do we know what room each class will be in? (Yes I feel like an idiot for asking this) :oops:




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest