Emory Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
gobucks101

Gold

Re: Emory Class of 2012

Post by gobucks101 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:16 pm

booker09 wrote:dumb question. i can't find Emory's email server. it's not on OPUS (i think). so... where? :|

I never can find it either so I just type in "emory email" on google and it comes up.

https://webmail.service.emory.edu/horde/imp/index.php

booker09

New

Post by booker09 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:19 pm

gobucks101 wrote:
booker09 wrote:dumb question. i can't find Emory's email server. it's not on OPUS (i think). so... where? :|

I never can find it either so I just type in "emory email" on google and it comes up.

https://webmail.service.emory.edu/horde/imp/index.php
ah yes i tried this; google saves me life at least one a day, thanks gobucks :D

also had a question for anyone moving into CC Briarcliff... if I don't plan on moving in until the middle of August, does that mean i'll only have to pay half of August's rent? or pay the full amt, even though i'm not living there for the full month?

gobucks101

Gold

Post by gobucks101 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:26 pm

It is a year lease that starts August 1st. It doesn't matter when you move in, the rent for August is not prorated. It is due on the day you move in.

Don't know if you got this from them
"We ask that you will help us make your move-in process go as smooth and quick as possible. Please bring the following items with you so that we can copy them and make sure your file is complete: (1) your photo I.D. and (2) your acceptance letter if this is your first year at Emory; second and third year students may bring their Student I.D. instead. Having these items in hand will make your move-in process move much faster. Your first month's rent payment is due at the time of move-in. If you would like to prepay your first month's rent you may do so by completing a one-time credit card payment authorization form or dropping off a check or money order. Remember, if you mail your payment it must reach us before your move-in date. We will not be able to give you the keys to your new apartment until the rent payment is received and all paperwork is complete."

royal34

New

Post by royal34 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:03 pm

From my conversations with them regardless of when you move in in August the rent for the full month is due August 1st. So you may not move in till the 15th but the rent is still due August 1st.

gobucks101

Gold

Post by gobucks101 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:33 pm

Yea whatever the email you received says your scheduled move-in day is, that should be day rent is due. I assume August 1st is for all of us who didn't sign the June-June lease.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

labellavita

New

Post by labellavita » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:39 am

How's the apt search? How are y'all decorating your new place in ATL? I just got back from Brazil (was gone a month!) and now I'm scrambling to get my life together before I leave for Italy. I know I'm going to be a poor law student, but I love decorating and want my place to be cozy and cute. I've been hitting up Ikea and Target like crazy the past week trying to buy stuff for my new place. I've already spent more than I thought I would and I don't even have half of what I need! Aghh!

Oh yeah, ordering my summer reading books off amazon tomorrow hoping they get here before I fly off to Italy :?

booker09

New

Post by booker09 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:07 pm

labellavita, i'm definitely jealous of the vacations.

just found out that my roommate is in the school of public health. drats. was hoping for a fellow law student..

gobucks101

Gold

Post by gobucks101 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:23 pm

I'm on first floor of A compIex at campus crossing. I will be checking out the pool immediately upon arrival on the 1st.

AJ101

New

Post by AJ101 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:38 pm

Is everyone here going to complete all four books of the reading list this summer? Is there any more "homework" that we are expected to arrive with? I got a couple of the books, but I am not sure if I will finish all four of them. What are your guys' plans?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

throughthewetgrass

New

Post by throughthewetgrass » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:14 am

honestly i hadn't really planned on reading any of them, seems like everyone has a book claiming to know how to do well in law school.

i read law school confidential and planet law school.. hoping there was enough in there.. maybe ill pick these up at some point.. who knows.. anyone else read them and have any comments?

Timmybb13

New

Post by Timmybb13 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:19 am

Top floor, pool view, law student roommate in Campus Crossings anyone? Let me know, Campus Crossings said they won't help me advertise my room until they fill every room so if you know anyone who wants a great location in the complex let me know! 680 (only!) a month...

royal34

New

Post by royal34 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:19 am

I cant wait to see CC's gym. I hope they have great equipment (I'm somewhat of a work out junkie).

I got a copy of the 1st book, "How To Succeed in Law School". It's pretty decent. They have like exercises after some of the chapters so you can check to see that your "learning". I don't know if I'm going to read all 4, probably just the 2 required ones.

The book list is up on the Emory bookstore site. Law books are expensive!!! Hopefully I can find them for cheap online.

throughthewetgrass

New

Post by throughthewetgrass » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:47 am

royal34 wrote:I cant wait to see CC's gym. I hope they have great equipment (I'm somewhat of a work out junkie).

I got a copy of the 1st book, "How To Succeed in Law School". It's pretty decent. They have like exercises after some of the chapters so you can check to see that your "learning". I don't know if I'm going to read all 4, probably just the 2 required ones.

The book list is up on the Emory bookstore site. Law books are expensive!!! Hopefully I can find them for cheap online.

I was wondering the same.. it said "state of the art equipment" or something to that effect.. i'd be happier with a decent assortment of free weights

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

booker09

New

Post by booker09 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:37 am

throughthewetgrass wrote:honestly i hadn't really planned on reading any of them, seems like everyone has a book claiming to know how to do well in law school.

i read law school confidential and planet law school.. hoping there was enough in there.. maybe ill pick these up at some point.. who knows.. anyone else read them and have any comments?
ditto. i didnt read LSC, but i read PLS II and it was like 600+ pages long and i think i'm okay lol.

chicag-fro

New

Post by chicag-fro » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:26 pm

throughthewetgrass wrote:
royal34 wrote:I cant wait to see CC's gym. I hope they have great equipment (I'm somewhat of a work out junkie).

I was wondering the same.. it said "state of the art equipment" or something to that effect.. i'd be happier with a decent assortment of free weights
From what I remember from my visit, there was an assortment of free weights, a couple of workout benches, and a couple of treadmills and ellipticals. This was pre-opening so they may have added more equipment.

ckoz11

New

Post by ckoz11 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:34 am

I went to CC about a week ago and the gym had a few treadmills and ellipticals but just dumbells up to 50 lbs. and a universal machine. It really was nothing special and ill be trying to fit in a workout at the undergrad gym if possible

throughthewetgrass

New

Post by throughthewetgrass » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:31 am

So when are people moving to ATL? 1st week of Aug, 2nd, day before orientation?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

gntsf12

New

Post by gntsf12 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:07 pm

I am going to get down there the week before orientation. I was also only planning on reading the first two books in addition to "getting to maybe". have you guys sent in all of the medical forms yet that need to be completed before we can register for class?

gntsf12

New

Post by gntsf12 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:42 pm

Also, one of my roommates can no longer attend this fall so I am looking for an additional roommate. Here are the details:

The rent is $564 per month INCLUDING utilities.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Atlan ... rles+Place

Here is a map of where it is. I have been to Atlanta several times looking for places and the location of this place is tops. It is as close to the law school as the new Campus Crossings grad housing. What sets this place apart in my opinion is its location. It is in a house that is only a block away from highland avenue, which is full of all of the bars, shops, restaurants, groceries, culture etc. While it is only a block from these amenities, St Charles Avenue is on a street full of trees, and our bottom section of the house does not face the street so it can be your sanctuary when you want it to be. This sort of "city/urban" environment of the VA Highlands area is not in walking distance from the big complexes like campus crossings and post briarcliff, which makes this spot really nice for the right person. It is an easy bike ride to school and right outside of a MARTA bus stop. It is also only a block from the park on Ponce De Leon Avenue. Please contact me if you are interested.

codymwarner@gmail.com

Goliadkin_Jr

New

Post by Goliadkin_Jr » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:13 pm

throughthewetgrass wrote:So when are people moving to ATL? 1st week of Aug, 2nd, day before orientation?
already here. moved down last week.

longchamp

New

Post by longchamp » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:41 pm

Does anyone have a transcript of the chat tonight? I just got home from vacation so I missed it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

funkblaster

New

Post by funkblaster » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:43 pm

Goliadkin_Jr wrote:
throughthewetgrass wrote:So when are people moving to ATL? 1st week of Aug, 2nd, day before orientation?
I'm visiting family for a couple of days, but I live in Decatur now. We should get some folks together this weekend.

labellavita

New

Post by labellavita » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:49 pm

How much is parking per semester for us 1Ls? Anyone know?

booker09 wrote:labellavita, i'm definitely jealous of the vacations.

just found out that my roommate is in the school of public health. drats. was hoping for a fellow law student..
I know, my summer has been a dream. Getting laid off from my job was a blessing in disguise :)

Goliadkin_Jr

New

Post by Goliadkin_Jr » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:38 pm

longchamp wrote:Does anyone have a transcript of the chat tonight? I just got home from vacation so I missed it.
i tried to copy/paste from the chat session but it wouldn't work. the emory staff involved said you can email Arnita Howard in Admissions for a transcript.

gatorfan787

New

Post by gatorfan787 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:51 am

funkblaster wrote:
Goliadkin_Jr wrote:
I'm visiting family for a couple of days, but I live in Decatur now. We should get some folks together this weekend.
I'm down for a get together sometime this weekend. :)
labellavita wrote:How's the apt search? How are y'all decorating your new place in ATL? I just got back from Brazil (was gone a month!) and now I'm scrambling to get my life together before I leave for Italy. I know I'm going to be a poor law student, but I love decorating and want my place to be cozy and cute. I've been hitting up Ikea and Target like crazy the past week trying to buy stuff for my new place. I've already spent more than I thought I would and I don't even have half of what I need! Aghh!
Hey where'd you end up getting a place? I hear you on the expenses... I've already taken 3 trips to Ikea and 2 to Target and I still have a ways to go.

Overstock.com is actually my new best friend, they have awesome deals on furniture, bedding, rugs, etc.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”