Maurer School of Law-Indiana University Bloomington 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
hoosier1508

New

Re: Maurer School of Law-Indiana University Bloomington 2012

Post by hoosier1508 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:16 pm

WSULeifJ wrote:
hoosier1508 wrote:
coolkatz321 wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:Still haven't heard anything....
Just be glad you aren't me lol. Rejected today, but it's alright. I'm hoping that UIUC/Wisconsin/MSU all destroy them next year in basketball/football.

Will not happen. It's not possible to keep Hoosier bball down for long. Crean is going to right the ship.

The football team is another story... as far as I'm concerned we don't have a team.
How soon do you think the Hoosiers will get competitive at hoops? I'd sure love some quality college basketball, my undergrad (Washington State) was awful until after I graduated. Did get to go to the Rose Bowl when I was a senior, though...
They have a top recruiting class coming in this fall. So, I'd guess they will be around .500 next season and should be back in the NCAA tourney the year after.

WSULeifJ

New

Post by WSULeifJ » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:21 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:I hope so. I dunno - "Please let me in? Oh, great, thanks! Oh, can I have some money, too? No? Well no thanks then!"

But I'll try anyways, ha. Worst than can do is say no, and they sort of already did...
Well, let's face it...waitlisting you instead of rejecting you was basically a personalized invitation for you to harass them for months. :)

Dean Pless did mention in his thread for Illinois that half of the people who got in off the waitlist last year got merit aid...though he did add that it was unusual. Definitely means it's at least possible. Since one of your numbers (GPA) is above their 75th, I'm guessing you would have a better shot at it than someone who is hovering around the median with both numbers. You may have to get lucky now and have the right kind of admitted students (the ones with high GPAs) withdraw, but it could happen.

Anyway, sounds like you're going to try, so good luck and keep us updated.

WSULeifJ

New

Post by WSULeifJ » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:22 pm

hoosier1508 wrote:They have a top recruiting class coming in this fall. So, I'd guess they will be around .500 next season and should be back in the NCAA tourney the year after.
Sounds good. Glad they're doing it with Tom Crean instead of Tony Bennett...

Axis

New

Post by Axis » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:25 pm

W/L with a 3.7/160 (out of state)

hoosier1508

New

Post by hoosier1508 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:25 pm

WSULeifJ wrote:
hoosier1508 wrote:They have a top recruiting class coming in this fall. So, I'd guess they will be around .500 next season and should be back in the NCAA tourney the year after.
As am I.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:28 pm

Axis wrote:W/L with a 3.7/160 (out of state)
I feel you pain, Axis. Time for the hounding!

Axis

New

Post by Axis » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:31 pm

You think it's worthwhile to send them a LOCI? I figured a W/L this relatively early in the game is a bad sign. Is snail mail or email better?

WSULeifJ

New

Post by WSULeifJ » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:32 pm

hoosier1508 wrote:
WSULeifJ wrote:
As am I.
You would've loved Tony, I promise. He's been a miracle worker at WSU. I just want to keep him there. Those were a tense couple of days when he was talking to Indiana...

If I commit to IU as I'm expecting to though, I'll get on board with cheering for the Hoosiers too.

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Axis wrote:You think it's worthwhile to send them a LOCI? I figured a W/L this relatively early in the game is a bad sign. Is snail mail or email better?
Well, here's the big problem. The letter said while some do get off of the waitlist, it doesn't happen until at least June. By then, I hope to not only know where I'm going, but to have housing lined up as well. Given that I have an acceptance to a similarly reputable school with a higher ranking (Iowa) and have a shot at aid from them, or at least in-state tuition 2/3L, I don't know that it would be worth it. I may put IU on the same shelf with Wisconsin - wish it were an option, but if it's not, it's not. If you do want to send a LOCI, I'd say letter for sure. It can then be more personal. They didn't say specifically which to send, so maybe letter first, e-mail after if you are still interested.

I'm visiting Iowa in a few weeks. If the campus/city looks as good as it sounds, I think I'll be decided anyway.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hoosier1508

New

Post by hoosier1508 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:33 pm

WSULeifJ wrote:
hoosier1508 wrote:
WSULeifJ wrote:
As am I.
You would've loved Tony, I promise. He's been a miracle worker at WSU. I just want to keep him there. Those were a tense couple of days when he was talking to Indiana...

If I commit to IU as I'm expecting to though, I'll get on board with cheering for the Hoosiers too.
Nothing against Tony but I much prefer Tom. He was the right fit for IU. I wanted him when MD resigned in 2006.

Tony has had great results but his style of play is not my cup of tea.

da142

New

Post by da142 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:38 pm

When would be a good time/way to ask for additional scholarship money? I was offered more than I expected, but I know it doesn't hurt to ask for more, especially since they are at the top of my list right now. I just want to know when it's best to ask... thanks!

WSULeifJ

New

Post by WSULeifJ » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:40 pm

hoosier1508 wrote:Nothing against Tony but I much prefer Tom. He was the right fit for IU. I wanted him when MD resigned in 2006.

Tony has had great results but his style of play is not my cup of tea.
Oh, okay. I can totally understand, then. We're sure not a traditional winner at WSU, so we can hardly be picky about how we win.

WSULeifJ

New

Post by WSULeifJ » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:42 pm

da142 wrote:When would be a good time/way to ask for additional scholarship money? I was offered more than I expected, but I know it doesn't hurt to ask for more, especially since they are at the top of my list right now. I just want to know when it's best to ask... thanks!
Disclaimer: I'm a 0L who knows nothing...

Do it ASAP, before the next scholarship offer is issued. The less money they have at their disposal, the lower your odds of success are. That would be my thinking at least.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Timmybb13

New

Post by Timmybb13 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:50 pm

About a few bubbles making a difference...try one bubble. On LSN it seems that 164 is auto-in for Bloomington. Guess who got a 163???

And people with high GPA's are getting rejected at 163...awesome.

At least the application was free.

lbeezy

Gold

Post by lbeezy » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:56 pm

I'm not one hundred percent committed, but I'm kind of leaning toward going here right now.

Anyone know anything about housing? Or is it way too early to even think about it?

BobDole34

New

Post by BobDole34 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:47 am

I was recently placed on the "priority waitlist" what is this and why does it seem everyone else on the WL was just "normal?" In my letter it says they start admitting in April, not June (as the "normal" letter states).

What's the deal?

BobDole34

New

Post by BobDole34 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:50 pm

bump

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

emc217

New

Post by emc217 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:01 pm

Just got in w/$$ ... I hadn't thought too much about Bloomington until now, but they're looking pretty appealing since I checked my mail this afternoon!

WSULeifJ

New

Post by WSULeifJ » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:44 pm

I'm officially in, just committed. The town is nice, the school is impressive, the people are amazing. If you're accepted and unsure, I recommend visiting if you get the chance.

Looking forward to starting up later in the year.

RonSantoRules

New

Post by RonSantoRules » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:41 pm

WSULeifJ wrote:I'm officially in, just committed. The town is nice, the school is impressive, the people are amazing. If you're accepted and unsure, I recommend visiting if you get the chance.

Wise choice my friend. Go Hoosiers.

emc217

New

Post by emc217 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:14 pm

WSULeifJ wrote:I'm officially in, just committed. The town is nice, the school is impressive, the people are amazing. If you're accepted and unsure, I recommend visiting if you get the chance.

I think I may drive down there next weekend and check it out with the husband. The few pictures I've seen of the school have been beautiful.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:49 pm

Just sent my LOCI. It's a bit late in going, but hopefully what it lacks in promptness it makes up for in breadth and sincerity. Think I might go visit sometime just for the hell of it, too. Here's to WL hoping!

WSULeifJ

New

Post by WSULeifJ » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:23 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:Just sent my LOCI. It's a bit late in going, but hopefully what it lacks in promptness it makes up for in breadth and sincerity. Think I might go visit sometime just for the hell of it, too. Here's to WL hoping!
Good luck man.

Not sold on Iowa yet? If Indiana's your top choice, I hope you get in, but at least Iowa is a great option that you know you have at your disposal.

latelatelate

New

Post by latelatelate » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:46 pm

In on Friday night, made it down for one of the mock classes Saturday afternoon (National Security). What'd everyone think of ASD?

sapereaude2012

New

Post by sapereaude2012 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:38 pm

I wasn't originally that interested in Indiana, but after reading the materials they sent me with the fee waiver, I was quite impressed.

At the end of February, the school mailed me (my parents' house) an invitation to apply, fee waiver, and hinted that scholarship money is a definite possibility.

I received confirmation of my application going complete 3/2/09 and still nothing. Has anybody else out there applied late and heard back yet?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”