Maurer School of Law-Indiana University Bloomington 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
kiwislug

Bronze

Re: Maurer School of Law-Indiana University Bloomington 2012

Post by kiwislug » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:50 pm

I'm leaning away from IUB but I'm from Indy and have spent a lot of time in Bloomington if you have any questions!

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:12 pm

Still haven't heard anything....

MrOrange

Bronze

Post by MrOrange » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:14 pm

How have people been getting notified?

WSULeifJ

New

Post by WSULeifJ » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:17 pm

MrOrange wrote:How have people been getting notified?
E-mail, then physical mailing arrived soon after. Didn't find out about the scholarship offer until the physical mailing (though the e-mail mentioned an offer was coming).

coolkatz321

Bronze

Post by coolkatz321 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:21 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:Still haven't heard anything....
Just be glad you aren't me lol. Rejected today, but it's alright. I'm hoping that UIUC/Wisconsin/MSU all destroy them next year in basketball/football.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:23 pm

coolkatz321 wrote:
Just be glad you aren't me lol. Rejected today, but it's alright. I'm hoping that UIUC/Wisconsin/MSU all destroy them next year in basketball/football.
Iowa, too! Hawkeyes were the only Big 10 team to win ther bowl game. AND they gave Penn State their only regular season loss. Hell yeah.

...but I'd still like to get into IU-B.

WSULeifJ

New

Post by WSULeifJ » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:50 pm

coolkatz321 wrote:
Safe bet on that one, I sometimes forget the Hoosiers even have a football team.

If I wanted to go to the place with better teams, I'd definitely go to Wake Forest. :) Hopefully IU can turn the hoops team around if I go there, though.

MrOrange

Bronze

Post by MrOrange » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:00 am

WSULeifJ wrote:
E-mail, then physical mailing arrived soon after. Didn't find out about the scholarship offer until the physical mailing (though the e-mail mentioned an offer was coming).
Thanks! Had the DC interview and such...didn't really know what to make of IU-B's choice of interviewees...I'm just cautiously hopeful (inasmuch as a scatterbrained splitter can be).

lbeezy

Gold

Post by lbeezy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:00 pm

WSULeifJ wrote:
I didn't get an email. Just the physical mailing. With a scholarship!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MrOrange

Bronze

Post by MrOrange » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:02 pm

lbeezy wrote:
WSULeifJ wrote:
If I make my finger-crossing any more extreme, my fingers are going to start switching places/hands...

lbeezy

Gold

Post by lbeezy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:27 pm

MrOrange wrote:
lbeezy wrote:
WSULeifJ wrote:
If I make my finger-crossing any more extreme, my fingers are going to start switching places/hands...
Hahaha. I had heard almost nothing from them before the mailing. But I got the big priority mail envelope yesterday. :D

gdizz01

New

Post by gdizz01 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:36 pm

lbeezy wrote:
Hahaha. I had heard almost nothing from them before the mailing. But I got the big priority mail envelope yesterday. :D
have people generally not been getting contact from them? I got a "received" e-mail soon after submitting a month ago, but haven't heard anything about being complete, etc.

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:38 pm

Have many who have applied to IU-B also applied to IU-Indy? I was in Indy last weekend for a Cirque show and was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to get around Indy and how nice the IU-Indy law building was. Deffinetly worth considering. Though, it seems they have roughly the same admissions standards, but are ranked lower than IU-B.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

MrOrange

Bronze

Post by MrOrange » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:57 pm

lbeezy wrote:Hahaha. I had heard almost nothing from them before the mailing. But I got the big priority mail envelope yesterday. :D
Well, that did it. I now have two left forefingers.

Congrats, btw!

lbeezy

Gold

Post by lbeezy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:58 pm

MrOrange wrote:
lbeezy wrote:Hahaha. I had heard almost nothing from them before the mailing. But I got the big priority mail envelope yesterday. :D
Well, that did it. I now have two left forefingers.

Congrats, btw!
I'm sure you'll hear something soon.

And thank you. :D

WSULeifJ

New

Post by WSULeifJ » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:21 pm

gdizz01 wrote:
lbeezy wrote:
have people generally not been getting contact from them? I got a "received" e-mail soon after submitting a month ago, but haven't heard anything about being complete, etc.
I heard basically nothing from them, except when they asked me to clarify one of my answers on the application. Finally I followed up and called and asked them if I had even gone complete. The admissions guy looked up my file, said yes, and "that I should hear something within the next couple of weeks." I got my acceptance less than a week later. So basically, don't take lack of communication from their end as a bad sign.

In regards to getting e-mailed, I think they might not normally do that, but since they were putting on an online chat for admitted students a few days later, they wanted to notify me that I was one in case the physical mailing didn't come before then. Oddly enough, the e-mail came on a Sunday evening...the subject line was "Online Chat." Needless to say, I had no clue that I was opening an acceptance. I had to read the first sentence, congratulating me on my acceptance, about three times before I mentally processed it.

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:59 pm

WL today. Snail mail. Balls.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

MrOrange

Bronze

Post by MrOrange » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:01 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:WL today. Snail mail. Balls.
Shite...sorry man :(

hoosier1508

New

Post by hoosier1508 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:03 pm

coolkatz321 wrote:

Will not happen. It's not possible to keep Hoosier bball down for long. Crean is going to right the ship.

The football team is another story... as far as I'm concerned we don't have a team.

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:05 pm

MrOrange wrote:
I could still send a LOCI, but I'm rather unikely to get any money. And I need to.

WSULeifJ

New

Post by WSULeifJ » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:06 pm

hoosier1508 wrote:
coolkatz321 wrote:

Will not happen. It's not possible to keep Hoosier bball down for long. Crean is going to right the ship.

The football team is another story... as far as I'm concerned we don't have a team.
How soon do you think the Hoosiers will get competitive at hoops? I'd sure love some quality college basketball, my undergrad (Washington State) was awful until after I graduated. Did get to go to the Rose Bowl when I was a senior, though...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

WSULeifJ

New

Post by WSULeifJ » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:08 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:
MrOrange wrote:
I could still send a LOCI, but I'm rather unikely to get any money. And I need to.
I'm sorry about this too, bro. If you want to go to Indiana, definitely keep after it, there's at least an outside chance to get some money.

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:10 pm

WSULeifJ wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:
MrOrange wrote:
I'm sorry about this too, bro. If you want to go to Indiana, definitely keep after it, there's at least an outside chance to get some money.
I hope so. I dunno - "Please let me in? Oh, great, thanks! Oh, can I have some money, too? No? Well no thanks then!"

But I'll try anyways, ha. Worst than can do is say no, and they sort of already did...

MrOrange

Bronze

Post by MrOrange » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:14 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:I hope so. I dunno - "Please let me in? Oh, great, thanks! Oh, can I have some money, too? No? Well no thanks then!"

But I'll try anyways, ha. Worst than can do is say no, and they sort of already did...
Well...you've got other strong options on the table. It's not entirely impossible that continuing to demonstrate interest and using your other offers as leverage could net you something beyond a simple acceptance, given some luck/time.

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:15 pm

MrOrange wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:I hope so. I dunno - "Please let me in? Oh, great, thanks! Oh, can I have some money, too? No? Well no thanks then!"

Well...you've got other strong options on the table. It's not entirely impossible that continuing to demonstrate interest and using your other offers as leverage could net you something beyond a simple acceptance, given some luck/time.
Very true. And for those reasons, I will certainly try. :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”