UCLA Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
joe_crack

New

Re: UCLA Class of 2012

Post by joe_crack » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:01 pm

has anyone actually received their eFAN yet? i'm still waiting as well

theuserdylan

New

Post by theuserdylan » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:52 am

jeffc3s wrote:Are you a 3rd year entering your 4th year or 2nd year entering your 3rd? If you're the former, that personal statement should be done ASAP. If you haven't finished, you're already behind (okay, not that drastic, but pretty close).
Hmm I didn't finish my personal statement till mid January and I got in. Not that I would take my lead or anything. Also I wasn't in school at the time.
waldodanto wrote:i'm planning to just use bootcamp if necessary
TITCR. Any Mac laptop bought in the last three years can run Windows natively through bootcamp.

gooru

New

Post by gooru » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:05 am

x
Last edited by gooru on Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.Smith

New

Post by Mr.Smith » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:38 pm

Add another one to the ranks! Does anyone know how far the gym is from Weyburn Apps? Thanks

thruruby

New

Post by thruruby » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:13 pm

Mr.Smith wrote:Add another one to the ranks! Does anyone know how far the gym is from Weyburn Apps? Thanks
Hello Mr. Smith!

The gym = the Wooden Center?
It's about a ten minute walk, five minute bike ride.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mr.Smith

New

Post by Mr.Smith » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:17 pm

thruruby wrote:
Mr.Smith wrote:Add another one to the ranks! Does anyone know how far the gym is from Weyburn Apps? Thanks
Hello Mr. Smith!

The gym = the Wooden Center?
It's about a ten minute walk, five minute bike ride.
Thanks for the response. If its a ten minute walks that is perfect length to get in a warm up jog before lifting weights.

mikewilliams

New

Post by mikewilliams » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:36 am

anybody get their official eFAN yet? When I called them a few weeks ago it was supposed to be sent out before the end of June.

ecclaw07

New

Post by ecclaw07 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:52 am

I can't wait to find out who my roommate is...I hope the Move In page works for me soon! :evil: Did anyone end up getting tickets for football or basketball season?? Or is anyone planning on it??

UCLA2012

New

Post by UCLA2012 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:43 am

ecclaw07 wrote:I can't wait to find out who my roommate is...I hope the Move In page works for me soon! :evil: Did anyone end up getting tickets for football or basketball season?? Or is anyone planning on it??
I signed up for basketball and football tickets. Don't know how many games I'll get to go to, but I figure it's pretty cheap and it's a good way to get away from the books for awhile.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Avill

New

Post by Avill » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:17 pm

Hey guys! I know everyone's in the process of looking for places to live. I'm moving out of my apartment in the Palms/Culver City area. If anyone's looking for housing that's not too far from UCLA (literally a 10 min. drive), let me know! It's a 2 bdrm 2 bath apartment with 2 tandem parking spots available. Message me if you want more info.

My roommate and I totally love this area! We both went to UCLA for undergrad and decided that living away from Westwood was one of the best decisions we ever made. I'll be going to LLS in the fall and decided to move back home to save some money. We're moving out by the end of the month so it's perfect! Oh and our landlord is just too nice of a guy, so we've decided to help him find people to take over the apartment.

This place is perfect for students-- clean, affordable, and in a quiet neighborhood. It's also walking distance from all the bars in downtown Culver City. It's a win-win situation!

misteranthro

New

Post by misteranthro » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:46 pm

Avill wrote:Hey guys! I know everyone's in the process of looking for places to live. I'm moving out of my apartment in the Palms/Culver City area. If anyone's looking for housing that's not too far from UCLA (literally a 10 min. drive), let me know! It's a 2 bdrm 2 bath apartment with 2 tandem parking spots available. Message me if you want more info.

My roommate and I totally love this area! We both went to UCLA for undergrad and decided that living away from Westwood was one of the best decisions we ever made. I'll be going to LLS in the fall and decided to move back home to save some money. We're moving out by the end of the month so it's perfect! Oh and our landlord is just too nice of a guy, so we've decided to help him find people to take over the apartment.

This place is perfect for students-- clean, affordable, and in a quiet neighborhood. It's also walking distance from all the bars in downtown Culver City. It's a win-win situation!
Not to be contentious, but I just moved out of Culver City to be closer to school. Where in Palms/Culver could you get to UCLA from in 10 minutes? From my old place (2 blocks from Sepulveda and 405) it was a 25 minute drive to UCLA in minor traffic. From my new apartment in Westwood (near the Federal building) it still usually takes about 10 minutes just to get there.

thruruby

New

Post by thruruby » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:37 pm

mikewilliams wrote:anybody get their official eFAN yet? When I called them a few weeks ago it was supposed to be sent out before the end of June.

Just got my eFan this morning! Notified by email.

misteranthro

New

Post by misteranthro » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:01 pm

thruruby wrote:
mikewilliams wrote:anybody get their official eFAN yet? When I called them a few weeks ago it was supposed to be sent out before the end of June.

Just got my eFan this morning! Notified by email.
Got mine today too. It didn't have my computer allotment in it yet though, and I submitted my receipt and the form a few weeks back. Did anybody get an increase tacked on yet?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Mr.Smith

New

Post by Mr.Smith » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:13 pm

What lender did you guys chose for the Stafford and GradPlus?

misteranthro

New

Post by misteranthro » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:47 pm

Mr.Smith wrote:What lender did you guys chose for the Stafford and GradPlus?
I chose Sallie Mae Trust. It doesn't seem like it matters much for most of the choices, since none had great incentives. I did see that a few lenders had an additional 1% default fee tacked on that Sallie Mae didn't.

joe_crack

New

Post by joe_crack » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:50 pm

should the eFAN have GRADPlus on it? just wondering bc mine doesnt. do i have to apply for that separately?

also, is it possible to add in the computer increase later? i wasnt planning on buying it til august

misteranthro

New

Post by misteranthro » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:47 pm

joe_crack wrote:should the eFAN have GRADPlus on it? just wondering bc mine doesnt. do i have to apply for that separately?

also, is it possible to add in the computer increase later? i wasnt planning on buying it til august
GradPlus was included on mine. You may want to contact them unless you need under $20,500.00 in loans total. If you have grants and scholarships that cover enough of the cost of attendance you may simply not need to take anything but Stafford loans out.

As far as the computer increase later, I am pretty sure it will be no problem. You will have to accept a revised eFAN, but nothing else will really change.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

PSLaplace

New

Post by PSLaplace » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:16 am

Got both my eFAN and Weyburn offer on Tuesday. I am getting more excited about living in Westwood every passing day! My stepmom used to live by Westwood and she keeps telling me what a wonderful place it is and how jealous she is. 8)
UCLA School of Law requires that you submit two standard passport color photographs to complete your admissions file.
Does anyone know if they mean two different photographs or two copies of the same photograph? Or does it not really matter?

mikewilliams

New

Post by mikewilliams » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:42 am

PSLaplace wrote:Got both my eFAN and Weyburn offer on Tuesday. I am getting more excited about living in Westwood every passing day! My stepmom used to live by Westwood and she keeps telling me what a wonderful place it is and how jealous she is. 8)
UCLA School of Law requires that you submit two standard passport color photographs to complete your admissions file.
Does anyone know if they mean two different photographs or two copies of the same photograph? Or does it not really matter?
I'm pretty sure they mean 2 copies of the same photo...one for bruin card and the other for the law school.

I submitted mine over 2 weeks ago but it still hasn't updated as "received" on the URSA website. Anyone who submitted over 2 weeks ago have the same problem?

ecclaw07

New

Post by ecclaw07 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:36 am

Hey all, I have a question about GradPlus loans (not sure if anyone will know the answer but just throwing it out there). I don't want to take the full amount, but I'm not 100% yet how much I will need. If I list a certain amount, ie. $15,000, but realize down the line that I need more, can I borrow more mid-year? Or is it set in stone? Thanks. :)

mtndew16

New

Post by mtndew16 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:14 pm

mikewilliams wrote: I submitted mine over 2 weeks ago but it still hasn't updated as "received" on the URSA website. Anyone who submitted over 2 weeks ago have the same problem?
You might want to follow up and make sure they got your photos. I submitted my photos less than a week ago and it has already been updated to "received" on the URSA.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ecclaw07

New

Post by ecclaw07 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:52 am

Got my room info today, woohoo! :)

mtndew16

New

Post by mtndew16 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:19 pm

ecclaw07 wrote:Got my room info today, woohoo! :)
congrats! When do you move in? I have an August 1 move-in date, but still can only see where I'm living..nothing about who my roommate is or when my move-in time is.

ecclaw07

New

Post by ecclaw07 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:21 pm

mtndew16 wrote:
ecclaw07 wrote:Got my room info today, woohoo! :)
congrats! When do you move in? I have an August 1 move-in date, but still can only see where I'm living..nothing about who my roommate is or when my move-in time is.
Same! I can just see my room number. No roomie info or move in time. :(

thruruby

New

Post by thruruby » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:25 pm

By the way, I just wanted to throw it out there that I'm already moved into Weyburn so if anyone else is in LA already, feel free to PM me to meet up! :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”