Texas Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
OperaAttorney

Silver

Re: Texas Class of 2012

Post by OperaAttorney » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:42 pm

Can't u pay for a summer pass? If not, can't you get 1-week guest passes to other gyms in Austin?

art vandelay

Bronze

Post by art vandelay » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:27 pm

OperaAttorney wrote:
art vandelay wrote:
I'm moving to Austin this week and really want to be able to start hitting the gym before classes start...?
Look at Art...trying to stake the territory before the other dieseled 1L's make it to Gregory LOL.
Psh. I wish I could be described as "dieseled". I just wanna avoid looking like this one guy I know. He was in fantastic shape before he started law school. Weightlifting competitions, marathons, the whole shebang. By Thanksgiving, he looked like this:

--ImageRemoved--

Daico

New

Post by Daico » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:12 pm

On a completely different note, I just got to maybe!

OperaAttorney

Silver

Post by OperaAttorney » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:34 pm

Daico wrote:On a completely different note, I just got to maybe!
Nice. How does it feel?

Daico

New

Post by Daico » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:38 pm

OperaAttorney wrote:
Daico wrote:On a completely different note, I just got to maybe!
Nice. How does it feel?
I'm not sure, response hazy, try again later

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Snooker

Bronze

Post by Snooker » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:39 pm

OperaAttorney wrote:
countbizaller wrote:
And I didn't have Mullenix but some friends of mine did. Evidently she's so into civ pro that she'll tell her students to go to bed reading the federal rules of civil procedure every night...and she's dead serious.
Thanks for responding, Count. Mullenix sounds insane. How can anyone be that into civ pro? :lol:
Holy shit time to buy the federal rules of civil procedure and read them before bed every night.

/gungungun

mpar

New

Post by mpar » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:50 am

OperaAttorney wrote:Can't u pay for a summer pass? If not, can't you get 1-week guest passes to other gyms in Austin?
Ya, you can. I don't recall how much it is.

nahmorlah

New

Post by nahmorlah » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:08 am

mpar wrote:
OperaAttorney wrote:Can't u pay for a summer pass? If not, can't you get 1-week guest passes to other gyms in Austin?
Ya, you can. I don't recall how much it is.
We start getting access to the gyms starting August 14th. A 7 day pass is 26 dollars.

http://www.utrecsports.org/memberships/fees/fees.php

txgirl

New

Post by txgirl » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:44 pm

For the student photo do we have to go get like a passport photo done, or can we just have a friend take it? And is it just used for our ID card?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:53 pm

txgirl wrote:For the student photo do we have to go get like a passport photo done, or can we just have a friend take it? And is it just used for our ID card?
I just used my cell phone camera, and the picture was accepted.

Alta

New

Post by Alta » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:29 pm

txgirl wrote:For the student photo do we have to go get like a passport photo done, or can we just have a friend take it? And is it just used for our ID card?
Yeah I just used a picture of myself I had on my computer. I think it's just used so the professors can identify us in class.

countbizaller

Bronze

Post by countbizaller » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:36 pm

Alta wrote:
Yeah I just used a picture of myself I had on my computer. I think it's just used so the professors can identify us in class.
They actually use the picture that you have to go take when you get your student ID. I don't think anyone knows what the pic that they have you mail in is used for.

And as far as the gyms go, I much prefer the Rec to Gregory. Gregory is bigger and stays open longer, but the Rec is newer, nicer, and has mostly grad students there. The stuff in Gregory is just older and the set-up of the equipment is a lot more cramped.

OperaAttorney

Silver

Post by OperaAttorney » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:10 pm

countbizaller wrote:
Alta wrote:
They actually use the picture that you have to go take when you get your student ID. I don't think anyone knows what the pic that they have you mail in is used for.

And as far as the gyms go, I much prefer the Rec to Gregory. Gregory is bigger and stays open longer, but the Rec is newer, nicer, and has mostly grad students there. The stuff in Gregory is just older and the set-up of the equipment is a lot more cramped.
I don't care if equipment is old, as long as we're talking about great equipment. Does either gym have dumbbells that increase in increments of 2.5 lbs? Dumbbells at most gyms increase in increments of 5 lbs--I hate that!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:14 pm

OperaAttorney wrote:
countbizaller wrote:
Alta wrote:

I don't care if equipment is old, as long as we're talking about great equipment. Does either gym have dumbbells that increase in increments of 2.5 lbs? Dumbbells at most gyms increase in increments of 5 lbs--I hate that!
I am the skinniest person ever to be admitted to UT Law (5'7", 130 lbs. sopping wet). Care to help me come up with an exercise regimen to pack on a few pounds? It's seriously embarrassing that my girlfriend can pick me up pretty easily.

OperaAttorney

Silver

Post by OperaAttorney » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:29 pm

JazzOne wrote: I am the skinniest person ever to be admitted to UT Law (5'7", 130 lbs. sopping wet). Care to help me come up with an exercise regimen to pack on a few pounds? It's seriously embarrassing that my girlfriend can pick me up pretty easily.
Aww. You mean to tell me your pizzas don't help? :lol:

I can search online and send you some stuff. Many moons ago, when I wanted to gain muscle mass, I followed a 1-yr workout regimen that I found in Men's Fitness. It worked well. Give me a day or two. I think I still have your e-mail address.

For most skinny people who find it difficult to gain weight, lifting correctly (for their body type) and ingesting enough protein/calories will do the trick. I'd have to know more about your eating habits to offer dieting advice.

countbizaller

Bronze

Post by countbizaller » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:00 pm

OperaAttorney wrote:
countbizaller wrote:
Alta wrote:

They both got the 2.5 increments but only at the lower weights. And everything Gregory has the Rec has too. Equipment wise, not rock climbing wall wise.

mlloyd

New

Post by mlloyd » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:03 pm

Sorry to interrupt the dialogue (although I am also very interested in working out at the UT facilities as soon as I am able) but I just had a question for anyone who is familiar with the UT shuttles.

If I wanted to get from the far west area to downtown (6th street) is there an easy route to take on the UT shuttle? I've tried looking at the ridiculously convoluted maps already...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:11 pm

OperaAttorney wrote:
JazzOne wrote: I am the skinniest person ever to be admitted to UT Law (5'7", 130 lbs. sopping wet). Care to help me come up with an exercise regimen to pack on a few pounds? It's seriously embarrassing that my girlfriend can pick me up pretty easily.

I can search online and send you some stuff. Many moons ago, when I wanted to gain muscle mass, I followed a 1-yr workout regimen that I found in Men's Fitness. It worked well. Give me a day or two. I think I still have your e-mail address.

For most skinny people who find it difficult to gain weight, lifting correctly (for their body type) and ingesting enough protein/calories will do the trick. I'd have to know more about your eating habits to offer dieting advice.
No, the pizzas don't help. It's my metabolism. I eat all day and never exercise, and I don't gain weight. I eat all kinds of garbage too, pizza, ice cream, steak, carbs. I would be willing to change my diet up. I gave up smoking when I moved to Austin, so I think it's a good time for a health kick.

countbizaller

Bronze

Post by countbizaller » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:37 pm

mlloyd wrote:Sorry to interrupt the dialogue (although I am also very interested in working out at the UT facilities as soon as I am able) but I just had a question for anyone who is familiar with the UT shuttles.

If I wanted to get from the far west area to downtown (6th street) is there an easy route to take on the UT shuttle? I've tried looking at the ridiculously convoluted maps already...
just google the directions and click on the public transit option. it's tied in to all the bus routes.

OperaAttorney

Silver

Post by OperaAttorney » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:42 pm

JazzOne wrote:
OperaAttorney wrote:

No, the pizzas don't help. It's my metabolism. I eat all day and never exercise, and I don't gain weight. I eat all kinds of garbage too, pizza, ice cream, steak, carbs. I would be willing to change my diet up. I gave up smoking when I moved to Austin, so I think it's a good time for a health kick.
Congrats on giving up cigarettes, Jazz! Is this a recent change?

ArthurDayne

New

Post by ArthurDayne » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:55 pm

Hello, all.
Just moved to Austin, got here Sunday. Decent place in a great location on Dean Keeton, two blocks from the law school. I was assigned section 1A- Sheffield Society. Like the area so far, getting used to the traffic system, checking out local dining and such. Looking forward to getting started up.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

OperaAttorney

Silver

Post by OperaAttorney » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:00 pm

ArthurDayne wrote:Hello, all.
Just moved to Austin, got here Sunday. Decent place in a great location on Dean Keeton, two blocks from the law school. I was assigned section 1A- Sheffield Society. Like the area so far, getting used to the traffic system, checking out local dining and such. Looking forward to getting started up.
Welcome, AD. A/S/L? Just kidding LOL :) hahaha.

Where are you from? What do you want to be when you grow up?

ArthurDayne

New

Post by ArthurDayne » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:17 pm

Most recently from Gainesville, a graduate of the University of Florida. Before that Tampa, and a few other places. Don't really know what I want to do down the road, hopefully a year of classes can help me straighten that out. Anyways, although it was in jest it may be helpful, so I'm a 22 year old male, straight out of undergrad with no job experience other than the retail jobs I worked to help pay for school. Real name is Jordan for any fellow Section 1A students on here or for anybody else I run into in the next few weeks. I was actually a very active lurker/somewhat active poster when I was in the process of deciding where to go, but once I made the decision I pretty much evaporated for the summer and am just now making my way back.

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:48 pm

OperaAttorney wrote:
JazzOne wrote:
OperaAttorney wrote:

Congrats on giving up cigarettes, Jazz! Is this a recent change?
Thanks, Opera. I moved to Austin last Thursday, so this is a very recent change. Oh, and it's not cigs I'm giving up. :shock:

TheIdiot

New

Post by TheIdiot » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:52 pm

You're not running off w/that title yet Jazz: 6', 140 lbs. And i've probably lost a few pounds of water since moving here. We'll have to buff up together.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”