Texas Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
nahmorlah

New

Re: Texas Class of 2012

Post by nahmorlah » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:55 pm

penni_rose wrote:
Esc wrote:
1000bmr wrote:on that tender note, has anybody really noticed any gunners? section 4 seems as relaxed as can be. of course there are people that like talking in class, but nobody's being a jerk about it.
Section 4 is pretty sweet. Lots of good discussion, but no gunning. There were several points that people made today that I hadn't thought of until they brought it up. Good stuff.
Section 4 gets a lot of love on this forum. I agree as well. There is the one obnoxious guy (if you don't know who I'm talking about, it's probably you). I have a vague theory that he might be on this website.

I also have a theory about who Esc is, but I have yet to confirm it.

I heard there were some serious crazies in one of the other sections, not sure which one, but the phrase "burn book" was mentioned. If that's your section, I want to hear more about it.
Hope I'm not the guy :(. I'll be honest, penni. I never know when Laurin and Torres are calling on you or me. It always freaks me out because usually, its when I'm not raising my hand and so don't have anything insightful to say.

joesrevenge

New

Post by joesrevenge » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:47 pm

Section 2 is pretty good. I have not noticed any gunning. There was one girl that got notably frustrated when Anderson would not let her finish her question, but that is about it.

There has not been any cold calling in our section yet.

penni_rose

Bronze

Post by penni_rose » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:47 pm

nahmorlah wrote:
penni_rose wrote:
Esc wrote:
1000bmr wrote:on that tender note, has anybody really noticed any gunners? section 4 seems as relaxed as can be. of course there are people that like talking in class, but nobody's being a jerk about it.
Section 4 is pretty sweet. Lots of good discussion, but no gunning. There were several points that people made today that I hadn't thought of until they brought it up. Good stuff.
Section 4 gets a lot of love on this forum. I agree as well. There is the one obnoxious guy (if you don't know who I'm talking about, it's probably you). I have a vague theory that he might be on this website.

I heard there were some serious crazies in one of the other sections, not sure which one, but the phrase "burn book" was mentioned. If that's your section, I want to hear more about it.
Hope I'm not the guy :(. I'll be honest, penni. I never know when Laurin and Torres are calling on you or me. It always freaks me out because usually, its when I'm not raising my hand and so don't have anything insightful to say.
I have the same problem with you. I think we started talking at the same time today. It would probably if she used our names. It also might help if we didn't both talk every single day, but I don't think I'd be able to change that if I tried.

mpar

New

Post by mpar » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:50 pm

There's nothing wrong with talking in class :lol:

Esc

Silver

Post by Esc » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:06 pm

penni_rose wrote:
Esc wrote:

I pray to God that there is no overlap in these two categories :oops:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

1000bmr

New

Post by 1000bmr » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:33 pm

esc is the guy from virginia. i'm 88% sure. you heard it here first.

penni_rose

Bronze

Post by penni_rose » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:35 pm

Esc wrote:
penni_rose wrote:
Esc wrote:

No. no overlap. Nahmorlah is not the obnoxious guy either. I meant to mention that earlier.

If it makes you feel better, Esc, the person I think is you is quite pleasant.

penni_rose

Bronze

Post by penni_rose » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:37 pm

1000bmr wrote:esc is the guy from virginia. i'm 88% sure. you heard it here first.
Which guy is that? I know he's in your small section. We might be thinking of the same guy, but I don't know where that one is from. I also can't remember what he said about the college he went to. I know someone in the Bradford meeting said something similar to what Esc says on here, but I can't for the life of me remember if it was the same guy.

Esc

Silver

Post by Esc » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:01 pm

1000bmr wrote:esc is the guy from virginia. i'm 88% sure. you heard it here first.
Wrong. That guy =/= me.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

OperaAttorney

Silver

Post by OperaAttorney » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:08 pm

Are you guys too scared to meet in person? Or, is it that you're curious but not interested in making a face-to-face connection? You've chatted so long on TLS. You're in the same section. Why not solve the puzzle? :)

Esc

Silver

Post by Esc » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:13 pm

OperaAttorney wrote:Are you guys too scared to meet in person? Or, is it that you're curious but not interested in making a face-to-face connection? You've chatted so long on TLS. You're in the same section. Why not solve the puzzle? :)
Speaking of which, do you happen to have a fondness for pink shirts?

OperaAttorney

Silver

Post by OperaAttorney » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:25 pm

Esc wrote:
OperaAttorney wrote:Are you guys too scared to meet in person? Or, is it that you're curious but not interested in making a face-to-face connection? You've chatted so long on TLS. You're in the same section. Why not solve the puzzle? :)
I see you noticed ;).

I haven't heard strains of Rigoletto in the hallway yet. What happened? :lol:

As regards TLS members, there are 2 in my small group. They're nice guys.
Last edited by OperaAttorney on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

penni_rose

Bronze

Post by penni_rose » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:28 pm

Esc wrote:
I definitely saw OperaAttorney on the first day of orientation. I know it was him. He dropped his name tag for the second day, I was behind him and pointed it out and said about 3 words to him. I don't remember what color he was wearing, though. That was you, right?

I have no problem with everyone on here knowing who I am. Most people in my section on here do know who I am. I know who they are. Esc seems to be the exception, therefore, I am curious, especially given the amount that I have interacted with him on here. Not the one from Virginia doesn't rule out my guy. I don't even know his name. I would try to make suggestions that you could confirm or deny, but I wouldn't even know where to start. He just reminds me of the things you have said on here.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

OperaAttorney

Silver

Post by OperaAttorney » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:32 pm

penni_rose wrote:
Esc wrote:
I definitely saw OperaAttorney on the first day of orientation. I know it was him. He dropped his name tag for the second day, I was behind him and pointed it out and said about 3 words to him. I don't remember what color he was wearing, though. That was you, right?
Being a black male at UT Law has its benefits, doesn't it? ;)

I remember a lady directing me to my lost name tag. Thanks again. How did you identify me so quickly?
penni_rose wrote:I have no problem with everyone on here knowing who I am. Most people in my section on here do know who I am. I know who they are. Esc seems to be the exception, therefore, I am curious, especially given the amount that I have interacted with him on here. Not the one from Virginia doesn't rule out my guy. I don't even know his name. I would try to make suggestions that you could confirm or deny, but I wouldn't even know where to start. He just reminds me of the things you have said on here.
Ok. Now I understand. It's not you, it's Esc LOL.

nahmorlah

New

Post by nahmorlah » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:40 am

I think I know who Esc is! Esc, are you married?

penni_rose

Bronze

Post by penni_rose » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:08 am

OperaAttorney wrote:

I remember a lady directing me to my lost name tag. Thanks again. How did you identify me so quickly?
It also helps that you have a fairly unique name and that you sent me an email in June or July, but I figured that was you before I saw the name on the dropped name tag. It just seemed right.

OperaAttorney

Silver

Post by OperaAttorney » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:12 am

penni_rose wrote:
OperaAttorney wrote:

It also helps that you have a fairly unique name and that you sent me an email in June or July, but I figured that was you before I saw the name on the dropped name tag. It just seemed right.
Oh, I forgot about that email. You responded promptly too ;).

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Daico

New

Post by Daico » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:07 pm

OperaAttorney wrote:
Aww, thanks Opera. :)

OperaAttorney

Silver

Post by OperaAttorney » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:04 pm

Daico wrote:
OperaAttorney wrote:
Aww, thanks Opera. :)
Anytime.

Snooker

Bronze

Post by Snooker » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:32 pm

Esc wrote:
penni_rose wrote:
Esc wrote:

Are you that dude who carries around a copy of the economist with him and makes intelligent comments about politics to passer-bys?

Esc

Silver

Post by Esc » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:03 pm

Anyone with access to my resume (adcomms) and anyone who knows me personally will have no trouble figuring out who I am, but I don't want it made too obvious to the casual forum reader. I have no problem with y'all knowing who I am, but please don't post any guesses about personal info online.

That said, I refuse to affirm or deny any more of the above guesses, and now I know that penni_rose sits next to or near nahmorlah :mrgreen:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

OperaAttorney

Silver

Post by OperaAttorney » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:28 pm

Esc wrote:Anyone with access to my resume (adcomms) and anyone who knows me personally will have no trouble figuring out who I am, but I don't want it made too obvious to the casual forum reader. I have no problem with y'all knowing who I am, but please don't post any guesses about personal info online.

That said, I refuse to affirm or deny any more of the above guesses, and now I know that penni_rose sits next to or near nahmorlah :mrgreen:
Your secret's safe with me.

Esc

Silver

Post by Esc » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:56 pm

The spring Freshlaw class assignments and elective lists are up.

http://www.utexas.edu/law/depts/sao/aca ... grid1L.pdf

OperaAttorney

Silver

Post by OperaAttorney » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:38 pm

Awesome. I was worried I'd have Graglia for Con Law, but fortunately, Providence smiled on me again. Forbath for Con Law will be great! Unless I have a change of heart, I'll probably take Alternative Dispute Resolution with Alan Rau. I like the guy.

penni_rose

Bronze

Post by penni_rose » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:52 pm

Esc wrote:Anyone with access to my resume (adcomms) and anyone who knows me personally will have no trouble figuring out who I am, but I don't want it made too obvious to the casual forum reader. I have no problem with y'all knowing who I am, but please don't post any guesses about personal info online.

Unless you know who nahmorlah is, I doubt that's helpful.

Another interesting way to find me, I'm probably the only female you would ever see on TLS in the law school.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”