Texas Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
penni_rose

Bronze

Re: Texas Class of 2012

Post by penni_rose » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:12 pm

mpar wrote:I liked everyone. Agree that Laurin seemed fine, my fears of Torres was put away and I like our resident aussie prof. I also discovered I get about 4x more done in the library during that strange 4hr break int he middle of the day than I do at home.

Oh and I won the $600 from Lexis, score!
I agree on all counts about the profs. I was particularly fond of the Aussie (although I believe you said all females would be due to the "dreamy" accent). Honestly, I just found him the most engaging. Torres was also quite a bit better than I had imagined based on some TLS discussion. I found him interesting and I felt like I could understand him. The jury is, of course, still out on all of them as this was just the first day. I also enjoyed the huge break as I managed to go home with no work that needed to be done for tomorrow.

Also, congrats on the $600.

nukelaloosh

New

Post by nukelaloosh » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:31 am

mpar wrote:Ok, which of you was it that was arguing with Torres about that pen? I know it was someone on here

Is he banning pens from the classroom now?

penni_rose

Bronze

Post by penni_rose » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:40 pm

What I noticed today - no one just hangs out at the law school. Everyone who is there is either studying or eating lunch (frequently both).

Daico

New

Post by Daico » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:44 pm

penni_rose wrote:What I noticed today - no one just hangs out at the law school. Everyone who is there is either studying or eating lunch (frequently both).
I can bring scrabble or risk on Monday if you're itching for some recreation.

1000bmr

New

Post by 1000bmr » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:58 pm

i'm probably going to start loitering (!!!) more next week.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Esc

Silver

Post by Esc » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:57 pm

I had a lot of personal stuff come up this week and had to go home immediately after classes, but beginning next week I too intend to start congregating in public areas without apparent intent.

mpar

New

Post by mpar » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:54 pm

intent will e apparent...it will be to loitter. Twist your head aroun that. I'm looking forward to hearing the first round of gossip after bar review. ESP since I can't go tonight

joesrevenge

New

Post by joesrevenge » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:57 pm

mpar wrote:intent will e apparent...it will be to loitter. Twist your head aroun that. I'm looking forward to hearing the first round of gossip after bar review. ESP since I can't go tonight
Yeah it will be interesting to see how everybody fairs on dirty sixth...especially for those who have never been. Its going to be very crowded at Maggie Maes tonight.

penni_rose

Bronze

Post by penni_rose » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:06 pm

I'm glad to know that other people plan to loiter as well. I was one of the two actually loitering today. I don't believe that sitting around and looking through the pictures on my phone for fifteen minutes before class has a terribly apparent purpose, but I guess I could be wrong.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

countbizaller

Bronze

Post by countbizaller » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:22 pm

Congrats on getting your first week in the books, 1Ls! It's nice to see fresh faces in the halls.

While I'm sure you TLS gunners are already working hard on your outlines, I urge you to spend some time getting to know the people in your small group and your large section too. These are the folks you'll be seeing a whole lot of for the next year, and while you're bound to not like everyone, you will find a few that you really get along with. Take the time to hang out with these people in you mentor & society group activities. They can turn out to be some of your best friends and, for some of you, the only real outlet in your personal life that understands all this law school stuff.

So I hope nothing disastrous happened to anyone yet. And if it has, it'll be way behind you before you know it. I can't believe it's been a whole year for my class since we started. :(

Esc

Silver

Post by Esc » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:37 pm

I love all these loitering jokes. We're already leaving the bounds of normal humor and striking out into lawyerly witticisms.

Thanks for the good wishes, countbiz. How does it feel to start 2L?

countbizaller

Bronze

Post by countbizaller » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:42 pm

Esc wrote:I love all these loitering jokes. We're already leaving the bounds of normal humor and striking out into lawyerly witticisms.

Weird. I'm in classes with a bunch of people I don't know. There's more than a few familiar faces, but I'm used to seeing the same batch. And I'm in classes with 3Ls, which again is just weird.

mpar

New

Post by mpar » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:44 pm

Esc wrote:I love all these loitering jokes. We're already leaving the bounds of normal humor and striking out into lawyerly witticisms.

We left the realm of "cool kid" jokes long behind when we all cracked up at the assault and flattery business Tuesday. Super dork humor, super funny.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Esc

Silver

Post by Esc » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:47 pm

mpar wrote:

We left the realm of "cool kid" jokes long behind when we all cracked up at the assault and flattery business Tuesday. Super dork humor, super funny.
I'm definitely going to join A&F if I have time. I've got a decent voice and the super dork humor is awesome, so I think I could contribute. 8)

mpar

New

Post by mpar » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:16 pm

Trust me when I say no one on earth wants to hear me sing. However, I enjoy a&f singing. Law school is awesome because even dorks, geeks, dweebs and the like get a chance to be cool kids for at least 3 years.

mlloyd

New

Post by mlloyd » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:36 pm

Has anyone received their reserved football tickets? I haven't and I thought they might send an e-mail explaining this but I got nothing.

Esc

Silver

Post by Esc » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:12 pm

Does anyone know when the official entering class statistics will be released? It seems like most of the T14 have been reporting increased median GPAs for their entering classes, and I want to know if the same happened with our class.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:08 pm

Do we have class next Monday? It is a holiday, and I haven't gotten any kind of official calendar from the law school.

Esc

Silver

Post by Esc » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:12 pm

JazzOne wrote:Do we have class next Monday? It is a holiday, and I haven't gotten any kind of official calendar from the law school.
I believe we have off on Labor Day.

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:13 pm

Esc wrote:
JazzOne wrote:Do we have class next Monday? It is a holiday, and I haven't gotten any kind of official calendar from the law school.
I see. One of my professors expects us to make up the Monday class later in the week.

mpar

New

Post by mpar » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:19 pm

Esc wrote:Does anyone know when the official entering class statistics will be released? It seems like most of the T14 have been reporting increased median GPAs for their entering classes, and I want to know if the same happened with our class.
I'm curious, too. I'm not even sure where they release them

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

OperaAttorney

Silver

Post by OperaAttorney » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:22 pm

JazzOne wrote:
Esc wrote:
I see. One of my professors expects us to make up the Monday class later in the week.
In undergrad, many profs didn't make up for holidays; I loved them for that :). LOL

Daico

New

Post by Daico » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:55 am

JazzOne wrote:
Esc wrote:
Wait, what what? Who? When? I don't remember this...

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:09 am

Daico wrote:
JazzOne wrote:
Esc wrote:
Wait, what what? Who? When? I don't remember this...
I didn't mean to cause alarm. I think Rau sent us an email with several changes. There were several days we couldn't meet, and I think he proposed that we make it up on Thursdays. I'll check it now before I go to bed...

OperaAttorney

Silver

Post by OperaAttorney » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:26 am

JazzOne wrote: I didn't mean to cause alarm. I think Rau sent us an email with several changes. There were several days we couldn't meet, and I think he proposed that we make it up on Thursdays. I'll check it now before I go to bed...
IIRC, he intends to make up each missed lecture during the afternoon of the same day.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”