Texas Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
Cogito

New

Re: Texas Class of 2012

Post by Cogito » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:24 pm

The basketball courts at gregory gym are amazing. Anyone want to come play tomorrow around noonish?

mpar

New

Post by mpar » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:51 pm

Cogito wrote:The basketball courts at gregory gym are amazing. Anyone want to come play tomorrow around noonish?
Any chance you want to play this weekend? Me and another 1L would be down

joesrevenge

New

Post by joesrevenge » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:03 pm

Speaking of sports...any tennis players out there? Im a 4.0-4.5 if anybody wants to hit.

1000bmr

New

Post by 1000bmr » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:06 pm

i'd play some basketball with you guys.

Cogito

New

Post by Cogito » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:08 pm

mpar wrote:
Cogito wrote:The basketball courts at gregory gym are amazing. Anyone want to come play tomorrow around noonish?
Saturday should work. Say around 11?

I'm planning, hoping to go to the salt lick on sunday. Has anyone been? Recommendations?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

davidin

New

Post by davidin » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:19 pm

Last edited by davidin on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lsatismybitchlover

New

Post by lsatismybitchlover » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:26 pm

Cogito wrote:
mpar wrote:

I'm planning, hoping to go to the salt lick on sunday. Has anyone been? Recommendations?

Can i get in on that too? id love to hoop with some fellow 1Ls.

mpar

New

Post by mpar » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:48 pm

So Sat at 11am in gregory for some bball? Sounds like a great plan.

At salt lick, remember that it's BYOB. A good shiner or 3 goes well with absurd amounts of meat.

yournamehere

New

Post by yournamehere » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:51 am

has anyone had the shiner commemorator? god damn that's a good beer.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

semperfi1860

New

Post by semperfi1860 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:36 am

lsatismybitchlover wrote:
Cogito wrote:
mpar wrote:

Can i get in on that too? id love to hoop with some fellow 1Ls.
Same. I'd love to play some hoops. Bored as all get out.

OperaAttorney

Silver

Post by OperaAttorney » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:37 am

I love my Section 2D profs. Here are their policy on computers:

RAU (Contracts) - No electronic devices except a cardiac pacemaker (or a similarly necessary gadget). Computers are not allowed. Cell phone use constitutes a violation of the honor code--and students are encouraged to tell on each other!

ANDERSON (Torts) - Computers are allowed for note-taking only.

SILVER (Civ Pro) - Not a word on computers. Just read his syllabus. He sounds like a sweet man. I'm crushing already! LOL

It's a good mix, I think.

jaxon05

New

Post by jaxon05 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:30 am

txgirl wrote:Mullenix's syllabus is up on blackboard.
where did you see this? i only saw the class assignments that she posted.

EDIT: Never mind I found it.

lsatismybitchlover

New

Post by lsatismybitchlover » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:50 am

I just had ken's donuts for the first time and it tastes like heaven in my mouth. the best part is i live literally right across the street from it! Guadalupe is fucking awesome.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

longhornnyc

New

Post by longhornnyc » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:11 pm

lsatismybitchlover,

I'm at 30th and Salado and I also recently reacquainted myself with Ken's. Try the kolaches as well.

Also, per Salt Lick (which I enjoyed 2 days ago but did not get the all you can eat deal) my understanding is that servers have been instructed to no longer provide to-go boxes for all you can eat patrons. I've still gotten away with it a time or two, but it takes some serious cajoling of the server.

Esc

Silver

Post by Esc » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:27 pm

OperaAttorney wrote:I love my Section 2D profs. Here are their policy on computers:

RAU (Contracts) - No electronic devices except a cardiac pacemaker (or a similarly necessary gadget). Computers are not allowed. Cell phone use constitutes a violation of the honor code--and students are encouraged to tell on each other!

SILVER (Civ Pro) - Not a word on computers. Just read his syllabus. He sounds like a sweet man. I'm crushing already! LOL

:shock:

How is cell phone use (which I assume means texting, e-mailing, or playing with an iPhone app in class) a violation of the honor code? I presume that there is a clause in the honor code which states that one has to follow class policies...but still, that seems pretty harsh.

Ken's Donuts <3

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:10 pm

Esc wrote:
OperaAttorney wrote:I love my Section 2D profs. Here are their policy on computers:

How is cell phone use (which I assume means texting, e-mailing, or playing with an iPhone app in class) a violation of the honor code? I presume that there is a clause in the honor code which states that one has to follow class policies...but still, that seems pretty harsh.

Ken's Donuts <3
I am actually enjoying the no-electronics rule. It will be fun to see who's the first to fuck up. Someone will. Guaranteed.

OperaAttorney

Silver

Post by OperaAttorney » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:44 pm

lsatismybitchlover wrote:I just had ken's donuts for the first time and it tastes like heaven in my mouth. the best part is i live literally right across the street from it! Guadalupe is fucking awesome.

Hmmm. I must avoid Ken's Donuts until after finals--I made a covenant with my waist line before leaving Cali! :(

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

OperaAttorney

Silver

Post by OperaAttorney » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Esc wrote:

Ken's Donuts <3
The honor code is what Rau says it is. LOL

I wonder what Rau's pet peeves are. Maybe he hates bright colors.

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:50 pm

OperaAttorney wrote:
Esc wrote:

Ken's Donuts <3

Did you go to the Interview and Etiquette session? At least five 2Ls warned me about Rau. His reputation is that of a pompous jerk. I guess we shall see.

OperaAttorney

Silver

Post by OperaAttorney » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:08 pm

JazzOne wrote:
OperaAttorney wrote:
Esc wrote:

Ken's Donuts <3

Did you go to the Interview and Etiquette session? At least five 2Ls warned me about Rau. His reputation is that of a pompous jerk. I guess we shall see.
No, I didn't go to the Interview and Etiquette session. I'm not surprised about his rep, though. I'm assuming that every law professor is a pompous jerk LOL.

mpar

New

Post by mpar » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:12 pm

If you like Ken's you should also stay up past 8 and go get Mrs Johnson's off airport blvd near 51st

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Esc

Silver

Post by Esc » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:01 pm

FinAid is here. My grants/loans just got deposited in my checking account like a massive turd that must ferment for three years and then be returned with extra turd.

Neverknowsbest

New

Post by Neverknowsbest » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:24 pm

yea got a check in the mail, too bad I'll have to pay this back later...

TheIdiot

New

Post by TheIdiot » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:02 pm

Due to a bank f-up, no gradplus (i.e. all my living/book $$) until late next week. No $300 emergecy cash loan because apparently I am "not registered." Still many books to buy. Stressed already :evil:

OperaAttorney

Silver

Post by OperaAttorney » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:27 pm

Just left Gregory. The weight room has great equipment. But it's a little cramped. I hear the newer gym has a more spacious weight room. Will try it tomorrow or Sunday.

Austin is ok. It's not "colorful" enough (for my tastes), but I'll get used to it.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”