NYU 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
red_sox
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:13 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby red_sox » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:54 pm

Judicial wrote:Is anyone familiar with this:

"To be clear, students who wish to take in-class exams on their Mac Laptops MUST participate in the Mac SES Beta Program. Please note that this program is limited to in-class exams conducted at NYU School of Law in New York City."

Found at:

--LinkRemoved--


Well spotted. This doesn't seem reasonable:

"Finally, in order to participate in the program this Fall you MUST register with ITS on or before

* February 16, 2009 if you have a mid-term or an early final exam - IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE FILL OUT THE FORM NOW AND ENROLL BEFORE YOU FORGET
* March 27, 2009 for all other final exams - IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE FILL OUT THE FORM NOW AND ENROLL BEFORE YOU FORGET"

sophie316
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:08 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby sophie316 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:31 pm

red_sox wrote:
Judicial wrote:Is anyone familiar with this:

"To be clear, students who wish to take in-class exams on their Mac Laptops MUST participate in the Mac SES Beta Program. Please note that this program is limited to in-class exams conducted at NYU School of Law in New York City."

Found at:

--LinkRemoved--


Well spotted. This doesn't seem reasonable:

"Finally, in order to participate in the program this Fall you MUST register with ITS on or before

* February 16, 2009 if you have a mid-term or an early final exam - IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE FILL OUT THE FORM NOW AND ENROLL BEFORE YOU FORGET
* March 27, 2009 for all other final exams - IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE FILL OUT THE FORM NOW AND ENROLL BEFORE YOU FORGET"


That can't be right....

red_sox
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:13 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby red_sox » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:34 pm

sophie316 wrote:
red_sox wrote:
Judicial wrote:Is anyone familiar with this:

"To be clear, students who wish to take in-class exams on their Mac Laptops MUST participate in the Mac SES Beta Program. Please note that this program is limited to in-class exams conducted at NYU School of Law in New York City."

Found at:

--LinkRemoved--


Well spotted. This doesn't seem reasonable:

"Finally, in order to participate in the program this Fall you MUST register with ITS on or before

* February 16, 2009 if you have a mid-term or an early final exam - IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE FILL OUT THE FORM NOW AND ENROLL BEFORE YOU FORGET
* March 27, 2009 for all other final exams - IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE FILL OUT THE FORM NOW AND ENROLL BEFORE YOU FORGET"


That can't be right....


It had better not be. I'm guessing (hoping) they didn't update the dates from Spring 2009.

sophie316
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:08 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby sophie316 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:37 pm

red_sox wrote:
sophie316 wrote:
red_sox wrote:
Judicial wrote:Is anyone familiar with this:

"To be clear, students who wish to take in-class exams on their Mac Laptops MUST participate in the Mac SES Beta Program. Please note that this program is limited to in-class exams conducted at NYU School of Law in New York City."

Found at:

--LinkRemoved--


Well spotted. This doesn't seem reasonable:

"Finally, in order to participate in the program this Fall you MUST register with ITS on or before

* February 16, 2009 if you have a mid-term or an early final exam - IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE FILL OUT THE FORM NOW AND ENROLL BEFORE YOU FORGET
* March 27, 2009 for all other final exams - IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE FILL OUT THE FORM NOW AND ENROLL BEFORE YOU FORGET"


That can't be right....


It had better not be. I'm guessing (hoping) they didn't update the dates from Spring 2009.


Yeah. I'd imagine they'd have a riot on their hands if it were true, I'm sure a lot of people(myself included) have purchased new macs for law school...

andol469
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby andol469 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:22 pm

..
Last edited by andol469 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LjakW
Posts: 257
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:48 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby LjakW » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:53 pm

Part three of the Orientation letter is up
https://its.law.nyu.edu/admitted/jd/studentaffairs.cfm?

novaman3
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:14 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby novaman3 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:42 pm

Oh snap, they gave us homework!

--LinkRemoved--

red_sox
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:13 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby red_sox » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:22 pm

novaman3 wrote:Oh snap, they gave us homework!

--LinkRemoved--


2 pages... I guess we can't complain too much. I'm moving on Wednesday to get settled before everything starts. Look forward to seeing you all soon!

sophie316
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:08 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby sophie316 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:30 pm

So how many people are already in the city?

Anyone feeling pre-orientation drinks at some point?

ezpar
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:48 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby ezpar » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:19 pm

I moved in a week ago. I'd be down for getting drinks sometime in the next week or two.

red_sox
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:13 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby red_sox » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:45 pm

I'd be on for meeting people on Monday or Tuesday before orientation starts.

User avatar
aguyingeorgia
Posts: 546
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:09 am

Re: NYU 2012

Postby aguyingeorgia » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:35 am

badfish wrote:
sophie316 wrote:
badfish wrote:I'll probably pick up the id in the next few days...


I wish they let you take a picture in...I was stuck with a dreadful pic for undergrad and I can see the same thing happening again heh


Ya, I tried to do the fonz in my undergrad picture ... you know, where he puts both his thumbs up and goes "Heeeeeey" ... except they cut off my hands so all I have is a goofy smile and my head pointed at an odd angle.


This made me laugh.

User avatar
badfish
Posts: 1160
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:53 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby badfish » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:37 am

sophie316 wrote:So how many people are already in the city?

Anyone feeling pre-orientation drinks at some point?


i'm around and down

prbaglady
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:29 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby prbaglady » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:05 am

Has anyone who already has their ID been able to use any of the NYU gyms?

johnboy1222
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:15 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby johnboy1222 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:39 pm

I used Coles a few times a couple weeks ago with no problems, but I'm not sure if the card was scanning properly or if the person scanning it just didn't care and told me to go in anyway. Then I used Palladium the other day with no problem, (Coles is closed this week for maintenance), but the next day I was told that I wasn't in the system, and it was because I wasn't in summer classes, but that I could pay $17 for a membership for the rest of the summer. I didn't have my money with me since I had jogged there, and they wouldn't let me use the gym that day. I haven't been back since.

User avatar
Sobriquet
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby Sobriquet » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:42 pm

I called and they told me that we can't use the facilities until school starts. But I'm sure it depends on how much the kid that's scanning actually cares.

I'm here, too, up for anything.

User avatar
aguyingeorgia
Posts: 546
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:09 am

Re: NYU 2012

Postby aguyingeorgia » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:43 am

I've had no problem with Coles at all.

Also, even if your card didn't work, they give you a one-time pass if you have your id. So, at the very least it won't be a wasted trip. :)

I'm also down for whatever.

User avatar
aguyingeorgia
Posts: 546
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:09 am

Re: NYU 2012

Postby aguyingeorgia » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:45 am

Also, Badfish-
RE: FB
4 weeks. :wink:

User avatar
Judicial
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:30 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby Judicial » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:03 am

Did anyone living in D'Ag apply for early arrival? If so, when are you arriving?

I'll be getting there on the 17th.

sophie316
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:08 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby sophie316 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:27 pm

Got my ID. Obviously am sweaty mess in the picture. Dammit.

Also paid my tuition. Ouch.

red_sox
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:13 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby red_sox » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:57 pm

I'm packing now, leaving early tomorrow morning. See you all soon!

sophie316
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:08 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby sophie316 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:08 pm

WHOO I THINK I HAVE AN APT. Five minutes walk from school. Yay.

Also if anyone else is like me and weak, I found a print shop that will break down the big casebooks into 4 small ones and rebind them for $15 each. They also keep the main binding and the smaller ones fit inside it so on your shelf it will still look like a regular casebook. It's next to the subway(sandwiches not train) on LaGuardia off W 3rd.

Dwade1221
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:54 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby Dwade1221 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:09 pm

Randomly checking Albert and my schedule and section was up. Just an FYI.

ezpar
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:48 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby ezpar » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:37 pm

Sweet! Thanks for the update - I just checked and mine is up too. I'm pretty happy with my schedule.

sophie316
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:08 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby sophie316 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:37 pm

9am class four days a week? That's just mean.




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest