NYU 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
User avatar
Judicial
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:30 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby Judicial » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:27 pm


LjakW
Posts: 257
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:48 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby LjakW » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:41 pm

Thanks, I had forgotten about the 7/31 update.

jpfrawg
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 7:27 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby jpfrawg » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:50 pm

Just spoke on the phone with someone at the health center. The reason we can't access the online health survey is because their server is down. Should be back up next week.

sophie316
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:08 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby sophie316 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:23 am

Two weeks!

Did anyone get confirmation of submitting the final intent to enroll form? I faxed it , but its due today and I never got confirmation or anything...

User avatar
Judicial
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:30 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby Judicial » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:28 am

sophie316 wrote:Two weeks!

Did anyone get confirmation of submitting the final intent to enroll form? I faxed it , but its due today and I never got confirmation or anything...

I faxed it as well and never received confirmation, so I called admissions today and they confirmed it.

ezpar
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:48 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby ezpar » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:36 pm

Have any of you bought any supplements yet? The only one I'm certain I'm going to buy is Glannon's Civ Pro guide - I'm not sure what to pick up for our other classes. How about everyone else?

User avatar
Belili
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:10 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby Belili » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:11 pm

ezpar wrote:Have any of you bought any supplements yet? The only one I'm certain I'm going to buy is Glannon's Civ Pro guide - I'm not sure what to pick up for our other classes. How about everyone else?


How can you make a reasonable decision on supplements before knowing your prof's recommendations?

ezpar
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:48 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby ezpar » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:18 pm

Belili wrote:
ezpar wrote:Have any of you bought any supplements yet? The only one I'm certain I'm going to buy is Glannon's Civ Pro guide - I'm not sure what to pick up for our other classes. How about everyone else?


How can you make a reasonable decision on supplements before knowing your prof's recommendations?


I don't know. It probably wouldn't be very reasonable at this point, you're right.

asaunde2
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby asaunde2 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:21 pm

The Examples and Explanations series comes highly recommended pretty universally, especially for torts and civ pro. And for contracts alot of people seem to think the Chirelstein "sailboat book" is like the bible.

sophie316
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:08 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby sophie316 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:28 pm

Anyone gotten their ID yet? I'm debating doing it soon just wanna know how time consuming it may be...

Also went by the health center today to do the immunisation stuff..damn that building is nice.

User avatar
badfish
Posts: 1160
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:53 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby badfish » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:28 pm

I'll probably pick up the id in the next few days...

sophie316
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:08 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby sophie316 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:30 pm

badfish wrote:I'll probably pick up the id in the next few days...


I wish they let you take a picture in...I was stuck with a dreadful pic for undergrad and I can see the same thing happening again heh

User avatar
badfish
Posts: 1160
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:53 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby badfish » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:37 pm

sophie316 wrote:
badfish wrote:I'll probably pick up the id in the next few days...


I wish they let you take a picture in...I was stuck with a dreadful pic for undergrad and I can see the same thing happening again heh


Ya, I tried to do the fonz in my undergrad picture ... you know, where he puts both his thumbs up and goes "Heeeeeey" ... except they cut off my hands so all I have is a goofy smile and my head pointed at an odd angle.

LjakW
Posts: 257
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:48 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby LjakW » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:42 pm

sophie316 wrote:Anyone gotten their ID yet? I'm debating doing it soon just wanna know how time consuming it may be...

Also went by the health center today to do the immunisation stuff..damn that building is nice.

I got my ID Monday, there was no line and the entire thing took me ten minutes.
I don't know what the health building looks like, but the Bobst Library (Washington Square South & LaGuardia Place) is really amazing, at least compared to the one at my undergrad.

sophie316
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:08 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby sophie316 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:50 pm

LjakW wrote:
sophie316 wrote:Anyone gotten their ID yet? I'm debating doing it soon just wanna know how time consuming it may be...

Also went by the health center today to do the immunisation stuff..damn that building is nice.

I got my ID Monday, there was no line and the entire thing took me ten minutes.
I don't know what the health building looks like, but the Bobst Library (Washington Square South & LaGuardia Place) is really amazing, at least compared to the one at my undergrad.


Good to know, thanks!!

My undergrad ID was a picture that my mother sent in without consulting me. I was 16 in it, and I had the flu when it was taken. Took me a while to forgive her for that.

Who else is living of campus/where? Trying to find a place at the mo and curious where other people are coming in from(mainly looking in w village/soho so will hopefully be walking distance)

User avatar
badfish
Posts: 1160
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:53 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby badfish » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:53 pm

I'm living in stuy town with a few friends from my UG.

User avatar
Sobriquet
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby Sobriquet » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:20 am

I got my ID, too. The pic is bigger than I would have preferred, but it was fine. Also took a total of like 10 minutes.

What needs to be done at the student health center? I had my doc send in the immunization forms, but I haven't received confirmation or anything...

ezpar
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:48 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby ezpar » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:29 am

The general consensus seems to be that we don't get confirmation of things like that unless we ask for it on our own. I'm pretty sure the only thing I've gotten confirmed was my initial deposit.

User avatar
badfish
Posts: 1160
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:53 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby badfish » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:40 am

lol, so true ^^^

ezpar
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:48 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby ezpar » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 am

Does anyone know when we're supposed to be getting refund checks? I tried to call the bursar's office a few times this morning but something seems to be messed up on their end and I can't get through.

User avatar
badfish
Posts: 1160
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:53 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby badfish » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:43 am

I called a few weeks ago and they said it would be sometime just before orientation.

ezpar
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:48 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby ezpar » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:44 am

Awesome, thanks. September's rent money is in that refund, haha.

User avatar
badfish
Posts: 1160
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:53 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby badfish » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:48 am

ezpar wrote:Awesome, thanks. September's rent money is in that refund, haha.


same boat. excited to start school though.

User avatar
Judicial
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:30 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby Judicial » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:50 pm

Is anyone familiar with this:

"To be clear, students who wish to take in-class exams on their Mac Laptops MUST participate in the Mac SES Beta Program. Please note that this program is limited to in-class exams conducted at NYU School of Law in New York City."

Found at:

--LinkRemoved--

The_Wall
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:52 pm

Re: NYU 2012

Postby The_Wall » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:25 pm

Getting the ID is, yes, painless.

Did you have a titer done at the health center? Or did you just walk in your records?




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest