Chicago Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: Chicago Class of 2012

Postby dresden doll » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:35 pm

usaojeff wrote:Anyone going out tonight? It's Friday!


I would, but I'm moving tomorrow. :(

Tomorrow night, though, it's on. :twisted:

Triager
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2012

Postby Triager » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:06 pm

Anyone with a car interested in driving to Ikea and want company/someone to pay for gas?

User avatar
RussianGirl
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:06 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2012

Postby RussianGirl » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:57 pm

Officially moved in! Let's hang out/explore the city...

I know there's been a bunch of these posts before, and I will probably go through the pages later and find them, but right now everything is still a little hectic, so PM me if interested! Thanks, 'mates

lawschoolnovice
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2012

Postby lawschoolnovice » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:18 pm

Does anyone know when we get our school insurance info?

Thanks!

User avatar
lilybbloom
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:19 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2012

Postby lilybbloom » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:15 pm

lawschoolnovice wrote:Does anyone know when we get our school insurance info?

Thanks!


i'd like to know this as well... i don't like walking around without an insurance card.

User avatar
Dead Ringer
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 2:07 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2012

Postby Dead Ringer » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:23 pm

I'll be moving up thursday and am hoping to find a tennis partner. There are courts about a block south of Regents right in front of my place. I'm strong intermediate but anyone who can hit some balls back is fine.

User avatar
RussianGirl
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:06 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2012

Postby RussianGirl » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:38 pm

So, really random, but does someone want to invite me to watch the Bears game tonight? I don't have a TV, but I do have good beer!

cnola
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2012

Postby cnola » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:55 am

Moving up Tuesday and will definitely need a Target run. Which location is closest/safest for a single female?

Thanks! Excited to meet y'all!

marburger06
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:42 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2012

Postby marburger06 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:16 am

cnola wrote:Moving up Tuesday and will definitely need a Target run. Which location is closest/safest for a single female?

Thanks! Excited to meet y'all!


The one on W 33rd was totally fine, and a short drive from Regents. Not sure how to get there if you don't have a car, though.

User avatar
aaa111
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:03 am

Re: Chicago Class of 2012

Postby aaa111 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:35 am

For the people already in Regents -- what's the window/blinds situation? If you were going to bring curtains, what's the setup, how many windows in the bedrooms?

Also, in the bathrooms, is the shower enclosed or do you need to bring a shower curtain? Any lovely surprises in the apartment you weren't expecting? So far so good with Regents?

marburger06
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:42 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2012

Postby marburger06 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:41 am

Another random question, but what is everyone wearing to the "business attire suggested" dinner? I know I eventually need to go buy a suit or two, but I was going to wait till my loan money came through if I could...

aaa111: There are blinds on all of the windows in Regents. My bedroom has 3 windows, but I live in a 3 BR so it might be different. There aren't any curtain rods, so you'd have to buy and install them. The shower is not enclosed; you need a curtain. I like Regents so far- my only complaint is that my phone service (ATT) can be pretty shoddy sometimes.

pehaigllleises
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:57 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2012

Postby pehaigllleises » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:44 am

The windows all have blinds. They are huge. 52" wide and almost floor to ceiling. In my 1-br, there are 3 windows in the living room and 2 in the bedroom. You need a shower curtain.

I'm wearing a skirt suit to the dinner.

seeker63
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2012

Postby seeker63 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:41 am

marburger06 wrote:Another random question, but what is everyone wearing to the "business attire suggested" dinner? I know I eventually need to go buy a suit or two, but I was going to wait till my loan money came through if I could...

aaa111: There are blinds on all of the windows in Regents. My bedroom has 3 windows, but I live in a 3 BR so it might be different. There aren't any curtain rods, so you'd have to buy and install them. The shower is not enclosed; you need a curtain. I like Regents so far- my only complaint is that my phone service (ATT) can be pretty shoddy sometimes.

Suit is preferable, but nobody will bite your head off if you go in wearing dark pants and a dark shirt.

User avatar
aaa111
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:03 am

Re: Chicago Class of 2012

Postby aaa111 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:48 am

seeker63 wrote:Suit is preferable, but nobody will bite your head off if you go in wearing dark pants and a dark shirt.


For ladies too?

pehaigllleises
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:57 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2012

Postby pehaigllleises » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:16 pm

If you don't own a suit proper, you may be able to get away with a knee length wool skirt, a blouse, and a cardigan. The only difference between that and a suit is the cardigan v. jacket. I don't think you'd look terribly out of place in that, and if anyone has a problem with it, tell them they can buy you a jacket or shut up.

User avatar
aaa111
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:03 am

Re: Chicago Class of 2012

Postby aaa111 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:42 pm

pehaigllleises wrote:If you don't own a suit proper, you may be able to get away with a knee length wool skirt, a blouse, and a cardigan. The only difference between that and a suit is the cardigan v. jacket. I don't think you'd look terribly out of place in that, and if anyone has a problem with it, tell them they can buy you a jacket or shut up.


I have suits I just prefer cardigans. Sigh, growing up. I'll wear the suit.

cnola
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2012

Postby cnola » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:48 pm

aaa111 wrote:
pehaigllleises wrote:If you don't own a suit proper, you may be able to get away with a knee length wool skirt, a blouse, and a cardigan. The only difference between that and a suit is the cardigan v. jacket. I don't think you'd look terribly out of place in that, and if anyone has a problem with it, tell them they can buy you a jacket or shut up.


I have suits I just prefer cardigans. Sigh, growing up. I'll wear the suit.



I'm wearing the cardigan-skirt combo.

User avatar
RussianGirl
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:06 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2012

Postby RussianGirl » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:01 pm

aaa111 wrote:I have suits I just prefer cardigans. Sigh, growing up. I'll wear the suit.

What about heels? Do we have to wear them or are nice flats all right?

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: Chicago Class of 2012

Postby dresden doll » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:30 pm

I have a nice black dress I was hoping to wear but I now get the feeling that I'd be out of place if I showed up in it. ::sigh::

User avatar
aaa111
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:03 am

Re: Chicago Class of 2012

Postby aaa111 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:37 pm

You know what, I bet your black dress will be fine. And i'm going to go with the cardigan/skirt combo too

pehaigllleises
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:57 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2012

Postby pehaigllleises » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:53 pm

Business attire means pant suits, skirt suits, a dress/suit jacket combo. Dresses and cardigans are business casual. You won't be too out of place yet because probably a lot of people straight from college don't yet own suits, but it's not what they asked for.

IMO, "business attire" over "business casual" in this circumstance is silly bordering on ridiculous because we're not on an interview, but I can put up with it for a few hours.

cnola
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2012

Postby cnola » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:57 pm

What have people worn to the dinner in years past? I know there are a few 2/3Ls that check this board...

scat_cat
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:12 am

Re: Chicago Class of 2012

Postby scat_cat » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:03 pm

Almost all dresses on women last year--I don't recall seeing too many suits. I'm sure I wore either a dress or a skirt and sweater. But the invitation for us may have said "business casual," I just can't remember.

User avatar
jigga-hjalmar
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:25 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2012

Postby jigga-hjalmar » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:05 pm

I'm finally all moved in! Somebody PM me if there's something good going on!

User avatar
keylimelove
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:14 pm

Re: Chicago Class of 2012

Postby keylimelove » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:03 pm

pehaigllleises wrote:If you don't own a suit proper, you may be able to get away with a knee length wool skirt, a blouse, and a cardigan. The only difference between that and a suit is the cardigan v. jacket. I don't think you'd look terribly out of place in that, and if anyone has a problem with it, tell them they can buy you a jacket or shut up.


I was planning on wearing a wool skirt, a nice sweater, tights (stockings) and heels... is the sweater too casual? I have no idea what business attire is outside of a suit, and I really don't want to spend money on a suit for just the dinner.




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest