Cornell Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
mbw

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby mbw » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:37 am

TopLaw_Diva wrote:
It's the former. And we even have to take an exam on the last day - so, yes, be happy.

Umm...I don't remember any of those cases for AOP...was that in the letter sent via snail mail? Admittedly I didn't read the entire thing... :shock:

It's in the package they're sending out this week - I picked mine up, as I'm already in Ithaca, and was up at admissions for other reasons.

TopLaw_Diva

Postby TopLaw_Diva » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:37 pm

mbw wrote:
TopLaw_Diva wrote:
It's the former. And we even have to take an exam on the last day - so, yes, be happy.

Umm...I don't remember any of those cases for AOP...was that in the letter sent via snail mail? Admittedly I didn't read the entire thing... :shock:

It's in the package they're sending out this week - I picked mine up, as I'm already in Ithaca, and was up at admissions for other reasons.

OK that explains it! Thanks!

JJim1919

Postby JJim1919 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:54 pm

So where all of you guys living? In collegetown? Downtown? Outsite the city area? Hughes hall?

danielfgator

Postby danielfgator » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:15 pm

Lower Collegetown.

Westmalle

Postby Westmalle » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:26 pm

danielfgator wrote:Lower Collegetown.

Same here. Also, everyone should plan to attend this http://www.ithacabrewfest.com.

danielfgator

Postby danielfgator » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:28 pm

Westmalle wrote:

Same here. Also, everyone should plan to attend this http://www.ithacabrewfest.com.

ehhh... Obviously.

matt386

Postby matt386 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:09 pm

danielfgator wrote:
Westmalle wrote:

ehhh... Obviously.

Count me in.

Also, anyone planning any more sailing trips? I've never done that before and always wanted to try.

como

Postby como » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:12 pm

When are you going to be in Ithaca, matt? I was just on my boat yesterday and got burnt to a crisp. Let me know. I'll plan another if you're interested.

panda

Postby panda » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:54 pm

como wrote:When are you going to be in Ithaca, matt? I was just on my boat yesterday and got burnt to a crisp. Let me know. I'll plan another if you're interested.

i want a tan.. :(
you'd think 8 weeks on the Mediterranean would do it.. but damn it, my white skin just won't turn brown..

*cue skin cancer lectures*

i do use sunscreen..i swear!

Mel Zelaya

Postby Mel Zelaya » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:08 pm

panda wrote:
como wrote:When are you going to be in Ithaca, matt? I was just on my boat yesterday and got burnt to a crisp. Let me know. I'll plan another if you're interested.

i want a tan.. :(
you'd think 8 weeks on the Mediterranean would do it.. but damn it, my white skin just won't turn brown..

*cue skin cancer lectures*

i do use sunscreen..i swear!

--ImageRemoved--

sheltron5000

Postby sheltron5000 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:57 pm

Hey, good news, according to a page I randomly clicked to, from a random link in a random email that I opened last night, but randomly didn't read, our class schedules should be available online by august 3! Also, many book lists are already up. Maybe we will actually be able to order books ahead of time for just an arm?

As for brewfest, I see myself having disasterously hard time staying away; perhaps professors will be sympathetic?

mbw

Postby mbw » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:28 pm

sheltron5000 wrote:Hey, good news, according to a page I randomly clicked to, from a random link in a random email that I opened last night, but randomly didn't read, our class schedules should be available online by august 3! Also, many book lists are already up. Maybe we will actually be able to order books ahead of time for just an arm?

As for brewfest, I see myself having disasterously hard time staying away; perhaps professors will be sympathetic?

Heh, I clicked on that same random link a few days back - it's wicked useful actually, as all those texts are currently in the library, and one can peruse through them at random (if you have nothing better to do, which clearly, I don't :roll: )

When are you arriving again? Soon, I hope. I need an AOP study partner (either that, or I'll drive my 12 year old to tears with tales of incorporation and due process.)

ETA: BTW, for anyone into wine, Thursday nights are wine tasting nights at the Redfoot Wine Shop, Third and Meadow (Rt. 13). Yum.

matt386

Postby matt386 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:08 pm

As of right now, I'm moving in mid-August. Not sure if I'll make it back to Ithaca before then, but I'd like to. And I'd definitely be interested.

sheltron5000

Postby sheltron5000 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:01 am

mbw wrote:
sheltron5000 wrote:Hey, good news, according to a page I randomly clicked to, from a random link in a random email that I opened last night, but randomly didn't read, our class schedules should be available online by august 3! Also, many book lists are already up. Maybe we will actually be able to order books ahead of time for just an arm?

Heh, I clicked on that same random link a few days back - it's wicked useful actually, as all those texts are currently in the library, and one can peruse through them at random (if you have nothing better to do, which clearly, I don't :roll: )

When are you arriving again? Soon, I hope. I need an AOP study partner (either that, or I'll drive my 12 year old to tears with tales of incorporation and due process.)

ETA: BTW, for anyone into wine, Thursday nights are wine tasting nights at the Redfoot Wine Shop, Third and Meadow (Rt. 13). Yum.

Three weeks, my (blue collar *gasp*) job ends with july, then I have a week to pack and say goodbye to everybody. So I'll be there soon.

Are the wines there any good? What have they been tasting lately?

como

Postby como » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:36 am

sheltron5000 wrote:
mbw wrote:

Three weeks, my (blue collar *gasp*) job ends with july, then I have a week to pack and say goodbye to everybody. So I'll be there soon.

Shel! It's been awhile. Hit me up when you get out here. I move in on the 15th.

sheltron5000

Postby sheltron5000 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:36 am

como wrote:
sheltron5000 wrote:
mbw wrote:

Shel! It's been awhile. Hit me up when you get out here. I move in on the 15th.

For sure! I'm landing on the 8th. How was Europeland?

Hey can someone post links to the cases for the AOP? I can't seem to find my email/letter/whatever.

como

Postby como » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:41 am

Europeland was too good. Prague is probably my new favorite city.

sheltron5000

Postby sheltron5000 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:59 pm

como wrote:Europeland was too good. Prague is probably my new favorite city.

It's a pretty awesome place to be. There have been a few times this summer where I seriously considered getting on the next plane out there, Prague's been calling me back ;)

danielfgator

Postby danielfgator » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:52 pm

sheltron5000 wrote:

Hey can someone post links to the cases for the AOP? I can't seem to find my email/letter/whatever.

I received my packet today with hard copies of the 3 cases we need to read for the first day of AOP. You should be receiving yours in the next couple of days.
There's also an addressed envelope if you want to brief one of your cases in advance and have it reviewed by one of the professors.

sheltron5000

Postby sheltron5000 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:03 pm

danielfgator wrote:
sheltron5000 wrote:

I received my packet today with hard copies of the 3 cases we need to read for the first day of AOP. You should be receiving yours in the next couple of days.
There's also an addressed envelope if you want to brief one of your cases in advance and have it reviewed by one of the professors.

Awesome. so maybe I should just go check my mail?

paraducks

Postby paraducks » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:14 pm

danielfgator wrote:There's also an addressed envelope if you want to brief one of your cases in advance and have it reviewed by one of the professors.

this sounds troublingly like work.

sheltron5000

Postby sheltron5000 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:27 pm

paraducks wrote:
danielfgator wrote:There's also an addressed envelope if you want to brief one of your cases in advance and have it reviewed by one of the professors.

let the gunning begin?

When my mail (FINALLY) got here, I did indeed get my packet.

ION: Did everyone else agonize over their ID photo? I took like a hundred shots before I was happy, then spent another twenty minutes editing it. :yuck:

danielfgator

Postby danielfgator » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:17 pm

paraducks wrote:

Yep. And not only that but I think the cases they sent are ONLY for the first day of AOP. So I'm assuming we'll be doing a similar amount of work from Mon-Thrusday before the exam on Friday. :shock:

sheltron5000 wrote:
let the gunning begin

panda

Postby panda » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:35 pm

mbw wrote:

i want access to this random useful link..

or is there a joke here that im missing? :? (wouldnt be the first time..)

mbw

Postby mbw » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:50 pm

panda wrote:
mbw wrote:

i want access to this random useful link..

or is there a joke here that im missing? :? (wouldnt be the first time..)

Here, Panda: https://support.law.cornell.edu/student ... eBooks.cfm

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”