Cornell Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
User avatar
como
Posts: 512
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby como » Mon May 11, 2009 11:35 am

I got my letter through the post.

vtha
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:14 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby vtha » Mon May 11, 2009 11:46 am

you guys all seem to know eveyrone at cornell by name so maybe you can tell me who i should talk to about housing at hughes. thanks

jsun
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 12:38 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby jsun » Mon May 11, 2009 12:32 pm

The lady who I talked to is named Missy Riker and her email is mar13@cornell.edu and her number is (607)255-9764

The general housing office can be reached at housing@cornell.edu

paraducks
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 10:38 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby paraducks » Mon May 11, 2009 12:39 pm

i was planning on living in hughes but after the visit decided against it. found this place instead:

--ImageRemoved--

--ImageRemoved--
--ImageRemoved--
--ImageRemoved--

study:
--ImageRemoved--

--ImageRemoved--
my bedroom:
--ImageRemoved--

it's less than a mile from the law school and a block away from the tcat stop. even has a back yard! definitely a pleasant surprise to find this place.

incidentally, our fourth roommate backed out, so if anyone is interested, feel free to shoot me a message. if not, the extra room will just be... another study?

woeisme
Posts: 781
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:39 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby woeisme » Mon May 11, 2009 12:42 pm

paraducks wrote:i was planning on living in hughes but after the visit decided against it. found this place instead:

--ImageRemoved--

--ImageRemoved--
--ImageRemoved--
--ImageRemoved--

study:
--ImageRemoved--

--ImageRemoved--
my bedroom:
--ImageRemoved--

it's less than a mile from the law school and a block away from the tcat stop. even has a back yard! definitely a pleasant surprise to find this place.

incidentally, our fourth roommate backed out, so if anyone is interested, feel free to shoot me a message. if not, the extra room will just be... another study?


Damn, that looks nice!

vtha
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:14 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby vtha » Mon May 11, 2009 12:46 pm

jsun wrote:The lady who I talked to is named Missy Riker and her email is mar13@cornell.edu and her number is (607)255-9764

The general housing office can be reached at housing@cornell.edu



Thanks.

User avatar
panda
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby panda » Mon May 11, 2009 1:19 pm

just joined the "official" facebook group..

como wrote:Something tells me we will need the 'official' group for all professional uses, while it will be imperative to maintain the 'unofficial' group for party announcements :)


TITCR :D


and..now i feel like the place I'm moving into is a dump compared to paraducks' place..
thanks! :cry:

User avatar
como
Posts: 512
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby como » Mon May 11, 2009 1:20 pm

panda wrote:just joined the "official" facebook group..

como wrote:Something tells me we will need the 'official' group for all professional uses, while it will be imperative to maintain the 'unofficial' group for party announcements :)


TITCR :D


and..now i feel like the place I'm moving into is a dump compared to paraducks' place..
thanks! :cry:


Don't worry...I think every place in Ithaca is a dump compared to paraducks's place.

woeisme
Posts: 781
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:39 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby woeisme » Mon May 11, 2009 2:12 pm

Para, when's your housewarming party? 8)

missv463
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:26 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby missv463 » Mon May 11, 2009 3:33 pm

woeisme wrote:Para, when's your housewarming party? 8)


+1

your place looks very nice... congrats! are you living in collegetown?

User avatar
danielfgator
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:02 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby danielfgator » Tue May 12, 2009 1:18 pm

The "new official" facebook group is up to 97 members for anyone still interested.

User avatar
panda
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby panda » Tue May 12, 2009 1:34 pm

yeah..a lot of people in the official group weren't in the unofficial one..

User avatar
moco112
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 3:47 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby moco112 » Tue May 12, 2009 2:06 pm

I am so jealous of all you upcoming 1Ls at Cornell!

Ithaca is breathtaking and all of the buildings are so beautiful! I saw some apartments and houses online and all of them have the original architecture...so quaint! The entire campus just looks like what you would picture law school to be!

I hope I can kill the LSAT and do as well as yall have and get into Cornell!

User avatar
como
Posts: 512
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby como » Tue May 12, 2009 2:11 pm

Well, good luck!

User avatar
Adele
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:16 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby Adele » Tue May 12, 2009 3:40 pm

danielfgator wrote:The "new official" facebook group is up to 97 members for anyone still interested.


That would be me! Thanks!!....my bp is still down I think it will skyrocket once the group gets to 150+...hopefully by then I'll be a member :D

jsun
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 12:38 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby jsun » Wed May 13, 2009 2:41 pm

jsun wrote:I was told by the housing department that I wouldn't get a dorm. I decided to look for a private apartment. I located an apartment that is on 114 Summit Ave, and I signed the lease. Of course, I then received the email that I got a dorm.

Please let me know ASAP if you're interested in the apartment. It is located in an actual apartment building as opposed to a room in a house. It is an efficiency with a bathroom and full kitchen for 689.17 a month, including all utilities except electric. Look up the address and you'll find it to be ridiculously close to the law school. Email me at johnsun87@gmail.com or call at 614-202-9489 if you're interested. I have pictures of the location.

Since there is a time limit on when I have to reply to the dorm, and I don't want to cause too much trouble for the realtor, I would really like to settle this issue ASAP.

Thanks.

-John

(This is the same post I placed on Cornell's Admitted student discussion board, which apparently no one uses.)


Bump because I now have a craigslist account with pictures. --LinkRemoved--

User avatar
sheltron5000
Posts: 295
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:55 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby sheltron5000 » Wed May 13, 2009 3:27 pm

just to totally change things up a bit, let's talk about food in Ithaca.

I just found this --LinkRemoved-- according to their citysearch page, they deliver hot breakfasts. ::yum::

Anyone know/hear of other good eateries?

User avatar
stayingclassy
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:14 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby stayingclassy » Wed May 13, 2009 3:36 pm

Sure, I know lots of great places to eat. Collegetown Bagels (CTB) is a great place for breakfast (and also if you want to drink lots of sangria all day), though the lines can be long on the weekends. Shortstop Deli is an awesome place to get breakfast sandwiches too.

Lots of great places to eat lunch and dinner too. Ruloff's was my favorite place to get burgers, and Aladdin's has a nice atmosphere. Both are in Collegetown. Mama T's was always my favorite place to get late night pizza, though most people seem to prefer Collegetown Pizza (CTP). The Nines is better for sitting down to have pizza and beer. God, I can't wait to get back to Ithaca. What other types of food are you looking for? I can give you all sorts of recommendations!

Also, when I visited for ASW I saw that a Green Market was being constructed in Collegetown. Anyone have any info what we can expect there?

User avatar
sheltron5000
Posts: 295
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:55 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby sheltron5000 » Wed May 13, 2009 3:46 pm

stayingclassy wrote:Sure, I know lots of great places to eat. Collegetown Bagels (CTB) is a great place for breakfast (and also if you want to drink lots of sangria all day), though the lines can be long on the weekends. Shortstop Deli is an awesome place to get breakfast sandwiches too.

Lots of great places to eat lunch and dinner too. Ruloff's was my favorite place to get burgers, and Aladdin's has a nice atmosphere. Both are in Collegetown. Mama T's was always my favorite place to get late night pizza, though most people seem to prefer Collegetown Pizza (CTP). The Nines is better for sitting down to have pizza and beer. God, I can't wait to get back to Ithaca. What other types of food are you looking for? I can give you all sorts of recommendations!

Also, when I visited for ASW I saw that a Green Market was being constructed in Collegetown. Anyone have any info what we can expect there?


glad to know we have a resource!

I don't know about the green market, but when I was there a new diner had just opened up, everyone said it was nice, and it was super busy, but over priced (I didn't go in).

User avatar
treschic
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:22 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby treschic » Wed May 13, 2009 4:50 pm

Ohhhh all this food talk is making me hungry...

Are there any good cafes? I have a bit of a caffeine addiction when it comes to study time and always need to know where the good stuff's at =P

User avatar
ddp
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:51 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby ddp » Wed May 13, 2009 6:48 pm

treschic wrote:Ohhhh all this food talk is making me hungry...

Are there any good cafes? I have a bit of a caffeine addiction when it comes to study time and always need to know where the good stuff's at =P


I myself am excited for Gimme Coffee

User avatar
sheltron5000
Posts: 295
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:55 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby sheltron5000 » Wed May 13, 2009 6:56 pm

speaking as someone from portland, who drinks stumptown on a regular basis, I can tell you that gimme is, in fact, world class coffee. HTH!!! (the state street gimme location had no effect on my decision to live on state street, I swear, 100% true)

spike
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:46 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby spike » Wed May 13, 2009 9:50 pm

sheltron5000 wrote:speaking as someone from portland, who drinks stumptown on a regular basis, I can tell you that gimme is, in fact, world class coffee.


Stumptown is superb, so that's quite an endorsement!

sheltron5000 wrote:(the state street gimme location had no effect on my decision to live on state street, I swear, 100% true)


Uh huh... :)

User avatar
panda
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby panda » Wed May 13, 2009 11:19 pm

the only place i have heard AMAZING things about without fail..is Wegmans..
so someone with a car is going to have to take me there weekly to get my groceries.. :D :D

hopingtogo
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:29 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby hopingtogo » Wed May 13, 2009 11:22 pm

All of the talk on this board is making me so excited! I can't wait for August! :D

Now if only I could find an apartment :x




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests