Cornell Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
missv463
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:26 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby missv463 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:34 am

sheltron5000 wrote:ah, but if you buy now you'll be covered for 1L, it's 2L you have to worry about ;)


true!

missv463
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:26 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby missv463 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:42 am

lol remind me to not sit next to you guys, if i can avoid it... i'm a bit of a clutz, but i don't think i can pass it on to others!

thanks for the link to squaretrade, by the way!

User avatar
studymaster
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:09 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby studymaster » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:55 pm

missv463 wrote:lol remind me to not sit next to you guys, if i can avoid it... i'm a bit of a clutz, but i don't think i can pass it on to others!


Already setting up cliques and shunning people :shock: . Geesh!


j/k :mrgreen: this seems like a pretty chill class, clumsiness aside

User avatar
como
Posts: 512
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby como » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:02 pm

I'm just saying...I can't keep any white shirts. Caffeine is a hell of a drug :)

vtha
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:14 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby vtha » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:02 pm

a HELLISH AWESOME ONE!!!!

User avatar
ben1185
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:22 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby ben1185 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:42 pm

spike wrote:
CLMoose8 wrote:
looks like they never sent out the paper forms at all...


This oversight (or simply lack of communication) rests with the admissions office. The people there are SUPER friendly so I won't be too critical, but it puts a lot of law students at a disadvantage if those students were expecting on-campus housing. Consider everyone who isn't on TLS... they'll apply for housing much later!

I also don't think all on-campus housing is gone yet. The following was recently advertised: --LinkRemoved--


They did mention the on campus housing online form by the way. It's on the information for accepted applicants, on the back under General Housing Information. "... this information will include the housing application form. If you're interested in living in Hughes please return this form as quickly as possible..." I believe this document was mailed with my acceptance.

spike
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:46 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby spike » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

ben1185 wrote:
spike wrote:
This oversight (or simply lack of communication) rests with the admissions office. The people there are SUPER friendly so I won't be too critical, but it puts a lot of law students at a disadvantage if those students were expecting on-campus housing. Consider everyone who isn't on TLS... they'll apply for housing much later!

I also don't think all on-campus housing is gone yet. The following was recently advertised: --LinkRemoved--


They did mention the on campus housing online form by the way. It's on the information for accepted applicants, on the back under General Housing Information. "... this information will include the housing application form. If you're interested in living in Hughes please return this form as quickly as possible..." I believe this document was mailed with my acceptance.


Ah, I overlooked that. Good catch.

User avatar
sheltron5000
Posts: 295
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:55 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby sheltron5000 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:13 pm

I call on all my Cornellian (sp?) Comrades! Go post: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=47141.

We've got to at least beat Duke... :roll:

User avatar
panda
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby panda » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:21 pm

sheltron5000 wrote:I call on all my Cornellian (sp?) Comrades! Go post: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=47141.

We've got to at least beat Duke... :roll:


hahaha...it's good to see the healthy competition has already begun .. :mrgreen:

hokoelc
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby hokoelc » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:27 pm

so, has anyone heard anything about an "academic orientation"? I heard there was going to be something of the sort beginning a week before the actual orientation for anyone who marked themselves as "diverse" on their applications.

User avatar
panda
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby panda » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:30 pm

hokoelc wrote:so, has anyone heard anything about an "academic orientation"? I heard there was going to be something of the sort beginning a week before the actual orientation for anyone who marked themselves as "diverse" on their applications.


how do you mark yourself as "diverse"?

hopingtogo
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:29 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby hopingtogo » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:33 pm

hokoelc wrote:so, has anyone heard anything about an "academic orientation"? I heard there was going to be something of the sort beginning a week before the actual orientation for anyone who marked themselves as "diverse" on their applications.


Some of the LALSA people told me about this during Diversity Weekend (which was April 2-5). They said that we should receive an email about it later on during the summer.

User avatar
Adele
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:16 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby Adele » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:34 pm

hokoelc wrote:so, has anyone heard anything about an "academic orientation"? I heard there was going to be something of the sort beginning a week before the actual orientation for anyone who marked themselves as "diverse" on their applications.


Visited last month, and according to some of the BLSA members they send you an email in the summer wit more info.

This thread makes me sad fyi :( , I want to join y'all :'(

spike
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:46 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby spike » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:43 pm

Adele wrote:
hokoelc wrote:so, has anyone heard anything about an "academic orientation"? I heard there was going to be something of the sort beginning a week before the actual orientation for anyone who marked themselves as "diverse" on their applications.


Visited last month, and according to some of the BLSA members they send you an email in the summer wit more info.

This thread makes me sad fyi :( , I want to join y'all :'(


I hope you can join too! Here's to good thoughts and you getting off the waitlist.

paraducks
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 10:38 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby paraducks » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:47 pm

panda wrote:how do you mark yourself as "diverse"?


checking one of the boxes as ethnic minority/glbt.

User avatar
Adele
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:16 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby Adele » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:59 pm

spike wrote:
Adele wrote:
hokoelc wrote:so, has anyone heard anything about an "academic orientation"? I heard there was going to be something of the sort beginning a week before the actual orientation for anyone who marked themselves as "diverse" on their applications.


Visited last month, and according to some of the BLSA members they send you an email in the summer wit more info.

This thread makes me sad fyi :( , I want to join y'all :'(


I hope you can join too! Here's to good thoughts and you getting off the waitlist.


Thank you! I pray I do, I LOVE everything about Cornell. *sigh*

User avatar
panda
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby panda » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:18 pm

paraducks wrote:
panda wrote:how do you mark yourself as "diverse"?


checking one of the boxes as ethnic minority/glbt.


oh..ok..then i'm "diverse" i guess..
thanks!

User avatar
sheltron5000
Posts: 295
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:55 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby sheltron5000 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:06 pm

did everyone else get the address and name verification thing again, and did anyone call to find out what the deal is?

User avatar
treschic
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:22 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby treschic » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:34 pm

I did, but I haven't. I already verified my information the last time, so I'm supposing it's just a system glitch?

User avatar
danielfgator
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:02 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby danielfgator » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:41 pm

No email here.

schlam
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby schlam » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:54 pm

i received the e-mail even though i'd already updated my information. i called the office, and they said that my information has probably not be uploaded to their list yet so I should ignore the follow up. they also said that if i receive the e-mail again next week, then i should check in with the office.

User avatar
CLMoose8
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:10 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby CLMoose8 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:31 pm

I got that e-mail like three times within two weeks after I had sent in my deposit, I just kept putting in the same info. Seeing as how I'm at my summer address and I just got the Cornell Chronicle in the mail here, I think it's not a problem.

User avatar
mr.smurf
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:41 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby mr.smurf » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:38 pm

hokoelc wrote:so, has anyone heard anything about an "academic orientation"? I heard there was going to be something of the sort beginning a week before the actual orientation for anyone who marked themselves as "diverse" on their applications.


Wondering the same thing. From what I've heard, it may be divided according to your specific affiliation?

User avatar
Adele
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:16 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby Adele » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:16 pm

Hey if y'all don't mind can you post weekly or bi-weekly updates on how many people are in the Facebook group. Pleeeassee :cry: for my sanity.

User avatar
danielfgator
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:02 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Postby danielfgator » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:20 pm

Adele wrote:Hey if y'all don't mind can you post weekly or bi-weekly updates on how many people are in the Facebook group. Pleeeassee :cry: for my sanity.


So far, 78 members.




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest