Page 57 of 62

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:35 pm
by Ganbaru
I have the following books for sale if anyone wants to buy used and they are still the books you will use:

* Choper, Fallon, Kamisar Chiffrin: Con law 10th edition
* Franklin, Rabin, Green: Tort Law and Alternatives 8th edition
* Dukeminier, Krier, Alexander, Schill: Property 6th edition
* Summers/Hillman: Contracts 5th edition
* Field/Kaplan/Clermont: Civil Procedure 9th
* Civ Pro Stories 2nd
* 2008 Federal Rules

Supplements:

E&E Civ Pro 5th
E&E Torts: not sure the edition
Gilbert's Contracts: 14th edition (I think there's a newer one, but not much has changed)
Dressler's Crim Law: 4th (I think the 5th was out last year, but this one suited me fine)
I have Civ Pro Black letter 7th, but guessing Clermont came out with 8th because this has the old rule set.

Lawyering:

...

They have varied amounts of highlighting and writing, some heavier than others. If you are interested in purchasing them, I will sell for the mid price between what the bookstore will give me and the price you would have to pay there so we both come out ahead.

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:22 pm
by let/them/eat/cake
quick question: does anyone know when loan money will actually be disbursed. i'm pretty much not going to be able to buy books until it is, unfortunately.

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:57 pm
by sheltron5000
let/them/eat/cake wrote:quick question: does anyone know when loan money will actually be disbursed. i'm pretty much not going to be able to buy books until it is, unfortunately.


I don't know for sure, but if you check the registrar's site, the cornell one, not the law school's, you'll see the date the loans are getting disbursed to them, you usually get them a week after that, or so I've been told.

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:12 pm
by maap85
I've also still got a ton of supplements to sell and all of them are in good condition (binding intact, minimal highlighting/writing). PM me if you're interested.

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:38 pm
by panda
should we be buying all these supplements that some of you are selling or stick to the ones that are being recommended on the book list?

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:23 pm
by let/them/eat/cake
sheltron5000 wrote:
let/them/eat/cake wrote:quick question: does anyone know when loan money will actually be disbursed. i'm pretty much not going to be able to buy books until it is, unfortunately.


I don't know for sure, but if you check the registrar's site, the cornell one, not the law school's, you'll see the date the loans are getting disbursed to them, you usually get them a week after that, or so I've been told.


where do u see the date on the cornell registrar's site? i can't seem to find it at all.

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:43 am
by fsohn
panda wrote:should we be buying all these supplements that some of you are selling or stick to the ones that are being recommended on the book list?


You need to get a feel for what supplements work for you. The E&E series was not really my thing, for example, but Gilberts and the West Concise Hornbook series was.

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:14 am
by como
My PLUS loan finally showed up on my bill. I was starting to sweat bullets...

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:57 am
by panda
como wrote:My PLUS loan finally showed up on my bill. I was starting to sweat bullets...


i asked about that by the way..
it was there the whole time. They just only edit the Bursar bill once a month.. They recently sent out the new one, and it shows all the changes that have occurred since the last one.
The real way you want to check these things out is via http://studentcenter.cornell.edu/
And go to the financial summary section. Itll show all current loans, and all pending loans as well (for spring etc..)

I know this is coming too late now, but, for future reference i guess. :D

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:11 pm
by como
Thanks panda, but I was checking that out every day. I guess today is the first day that the update showed up. It lists today as the scheduled disbursement date on loans too. Does that mean my refund is available now? I should find out about that...

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:41 pm
by let/them/eat/cake
como wrote:Thanks panda, but I was checking that out every day. I guess today is the first day that the update showed up. It lists today as the scheduled disbursement date on loans too. Does that mean my refund is available now? I should find out about that...


let us know what they say, i'm curious, like a cat. it's why my friends call me whiskers. we'll see if anyone catches that one.

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:50 pm
by tucanran
let/them/eat/cake wrote:let us know what they say, i'm curious, like i cat. it's why my friends call me whiskers. we'll see if anyone catches that one.


Cubs win! Cubs win!

This in no way adds to the conversation, but I wanted to give credit where credit was due.

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:14 pm
by microoli
.

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:15 pm
by panda
como wrote:Thanks panda, but I was checking that out every day. I guess today is the first day that the update showed up. It lists today as the scheduled disbursement date on loans too.


that's strange, cuz my Plus and Stafford loans both showed up on that ages ago. At least 2 weeks.. They only just showed up on my Bill though. hmm..

no clue on the refund though.. sorry.

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:24 pm
by studymaster
tucanran wrote:
let/them/eat/cake wrote:let us know what they say, i'm curious, like i cat. it's why my friends call me whiskers. we'll see if anyone catches that one.


Cubs win! Cubs win!

This in no way adds to the conversation, but I wanted to give credit where credit was due.

This is AWESOME.

"It's a simple question really, if the moon were made of spare ribs, would ya eat it?"


-End thread-jacking-

So I gotta say it seems like our class is a pretty good bunch. For anyone who missed it, last night was a big get together, and we'll put a new one together soon I am sure. We need to get a good bunch together for trivia night, we didn't do too badly for ourselves last night

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:53 pm
by dolcevita11
I'm confused... my PLUS loan has not showed up anywhere... not on my Bursar Bill, nor in my Student Center.

I submitted it by the deadline. Anyone else having the same problem?

On top of that, because it did not show up and I had a balance on the bill, they added a $140 charge to the bill.

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:01 pm
by como
dolcevita11 wrote:I'm confused... my PLUS loan has not showed up anywhere... not on my Bursar Bill, nor in my Student Center.

I submitted it by the deadline. Anyone else having the same problem?

On top of that, because it did not show up and I had a balance on the bill, they added a $140 charge to the bill.


That sounds strange. I would call the financial aid office to see what the dilly is.

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:52 pm
by let/them/eat/cake
studymaster wrote:
tucanran wrote:
let/them/eat/cake wrote:let us know what they say, i'm curious, like i cat. it's why my friends call me whiskers. we'll see if anyone catches that one.


Cubs win! Cubs win!

This in no way adds to the conversation, but I wanted to give credit where credit was due.

This is AWESOME.

"It's a simple question really, if the moon were made of spare ribs, would ya eat it?"


-End thread-jacking-

So I gotta say it seems like our class is a pretty good bunch. For anyone who missed it, last night was a big get together, and we'll put a new one together soon I am sure. We need to get a good bunch together for trivia night, we didn't do too badly for ourselves last night


"I know I would, and I'd wash it down with a nice, cold Budweiser."

Nicely done. As for trivia, count me in on an eventual team. I propose my team name from UG --"Manifest Destiny" -- for our purposes as well; I think it strikes the right tone. Always up for other suggestions :) See you all next week.

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:00 pm
by panda
we better set something up for next week! Ill be there on Wednesday.. :mrgreen:

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:10 pm
by let/them/eat/cake
if i have

rossi for civpro, W,TH,FRI 11:15-1210;

Johnson for Conlaw, MWF, 845-1000;

Hillman for Contracts, MTW, 1010-1105;

Freed for lawyering, Tu, Th, 905-100; and

Hans for Torts, Tu, W, Th, F, 230-325.....

what section am I in? or am I a moron and it's listed clearly here somewhere and I just can't find it (i know there's a "section" column in this My Class Schedule thing, but they are listed as 001, 002.... and in any case my numbers in that column are not uniform--i have a couple 001, a couple 002s, and a 003....)?

brutal morning heavy schedule, FTL.....

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:11 pm
by neskerdoo
dolcevita11 wrote:I'm confused... my PLUS loan has not showed up anywhere... not on my Bursar Bill, nor in my Student Center.

I submitted it by the deadline. Anyone else having the same problem?

On top of that, because it did not show up and I had a balance on the bill, they added a $140 charge to the bill.



did you do the entrance counseling and promissory note? could that be the issue?

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:20 pm
by let/them/eat/cake
one other question....

anyone know where i can find the book lists/syllabi what have you for my classes? i'm in the fortunate position of being at my old office right now and have ready access to a printer, which is a rarity now that i'm not working.....

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:38 pm
by neskerdoo
let/them/eat/cake wrote:one other question....

anyone know where i can find the book lists/syllabi what have you for my classes? i'm in the fortunate position of being at my old office right now and have ready access to a printer, which is a rarity now that i'm not working.....



registrar's site has the booklist... syllabi and such should be on blackboard if the professor has put it there

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:39 pm
by ben1185
Officially in Ithaca with internet. Woo hoo! Let me know if anyone wants to do anything.

P.S. I'm on Stewart Ave in Collegetown.

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:04 pm
by mbw
let/them/eat/cake wrote:if i have

rossi for civpro, W,TH,FRI 11:15-1210;

Johnson for Conlaw, MWF, 845-1000;

Hillman for Contracts, MTW, 1010-1105;

Freed for lawyering, Tu, Th, 905-100; and

Hans for Torts, Tu, W, Th, F, 230-325.....

what section am I in? or am I a moron and it's listed clearly here somewhere and I just can't find it (i know there's a "section" column in this My Class Schedule thing, but they are listed as 001, 002.... and in any case my numbers in that column are not uniform--i have a couple 001, a couple 002s, and a 003....)?

brutal morning heavy schedule, FTL.....



LTEC, you're in C. :)