Cornell Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
Ganbaru

New

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by Ganbaru » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:35 pm

I have the following books for sale if anyone wants to buy used and they are still the books you will use:

* Choper, Fallon, Kamisar Chiffrin: Con law 10th edition
* Franklin, Rabin, Green: Tort Law and Alternatives 8th edition
* Dukeminier, Krier, Alexander, Schill: Property 6th edition
* Summers/Hillman: Contracts 5th edition
* Field/Kaplan/Clermont: Civil Procedure 9th
* Civ Pro Stories 2nd
* 2008 Federal Rules

Supplements:

E&E Civ Pro 5th
E&E Torts: not sure the edition
Gilbert's Contracts: 14th edition (I think there's a newer one, but not much has changed)
Dressler's Crim Law: 4th (I think the 5th was out last year, but this one suited me fine)
I have Civ Pro Black letter 7th, but guessing Clermont came out with 8th because this has the old rule set.

Lawyering:

They have varied amounts of highlighting and writing, some heavier than others. If you are interested in purchasing them, I will sell for the mid price between what the bookstore will give me and the price you would have to pay there so we both come out ahead.

let/them/eat/cake

Silver

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:22 pm

quick question: does anyone know when loan money will actually be disbursed. i'm pretty much not going to be able to buy books until it is, unfortunately.

sheltron5000

Bronze

Post by sheltron5000 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:57 pm

let/them/eat/cake wrote:quick question: does anyone know when loan money will actually be disbursed. i'm pretty much not going to be able to buy books until it is, unfortunately.
I don't know for sure, but if you check the registrar's site, the cornell one, not the law school's, you'll see the date the loans are getting disbursed to them, you usually get them a week after that, or so I've been told.

maap85

New

Post by maap85 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:12 pm

I've also still got a ton of supplements to sell and all of them are in good condition (binding intact, minimal highlighting/writing). PM me if you're interested.

panda

Bronze

Post by panda » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:38 pm

should we be buying all these supplements that some of you are selling or stick to the ones that are being recommended on the book list?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

let/them/eat/cake

Silver

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:23 pm

sheltron5000 wrote:
let/them/eat/cake wrote:quick question: does anyone know when loan money will actually be disbursed. i'm pretty much not going to be able to buy books until it is, unfortunately.
I don't know for sure, but if you check the registrar's site, the cornell one, not the law school's, you'll see the date the loans are getting disbursed to them, you usually get them a week after that, or so I've been told.
where do u see the date on the cornell registrar's site? i can't seem to find it at all.

fsohn

Bronze

Post by fsohn » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:43 am

panda wrote:should we be buying all these supplements that some of you are selling or stick to the ones that are being recommended on the book list?
You need to get a feel for what supplements work for you. The E&E series was not really my thing, for example, but Gilberts and the West Concise Hornbook series was.

como

Silver

Post by como » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:14 am

My PLUS loan finally showed up on my bill. I was starting to sweat bullets...

panda

Bronze

Post by panda » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:57 am

como wrote:My PLUS loan finally showed up on my bill. I was starting to sweat bullets...
i asked about that by the way..
it was there the whole time. They just only edit the Bursar bill once a month.. They recently sent out the new one, and it shows all the changes that have occurred since the last one.
The real way you want to check these things out is via http://studentcenter.cornell.edu/
And go to the financial summary section. Itll show all current loans, and all pending loans as well (for spring etc..)

I know this is coming too late now, but, for future reference i guess. :D

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

como

Silver

Post by como » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:11 pm

Thanks panda, but I was checking that out every day. I guess today is the first day that the update showed up. It lists today as the scheduled disbursement date on loans too. Does that mean my refund is available now? I should find out about that...

let/them/eat/cake

Silver

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:41 pm

como wrote:Thanks panda, but I was checking that out every day. I guess today is the first day that the update showed up. It lists today as the scheduled disbursement date on loans too. Does that mean my refund is available now? I should find out about that...
let us know what they say, i'm curious, like a cat. it's why my friends call me whiskers. we'll see if anyone catches that one.
Last edited by let/them/eat/cake on Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tucanran

New

Post by tucanran » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:50 pm

let/them/eat/cake wrote:let us know what they say, i'm curious, like i cat. it's why my friends call me whiskers. we'll see if anyone catches that one.
Cubs win! Cubs win!

This in no way adds to the conversation, but I wanted to give credit where credit was due.

microoli

New

Post by microoli » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:14 pm

Last edited by microoli on Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

panda

Bronze

Post by panda » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:15 pm

como wrote:Thanks panda, but I was checking that out every day. I guess today is the first day that the update showed up. It lists today as the scheduled disbursement date on loans too.
that's strange, cuz my Plus and Stafford loans both showed up on that ages ago. At least 2 weeks.. They only just showed up on my Bill though. hmm..

no clue on the refund though.. sorry.

studymaster

New

Post by studymaster » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:24 pm

tucanran wrote:
let/them/eat/cake wrote:let us know what they say, i'm curious, like i cat. it's why my friends call me whiskers. we'll see if anyone catches that one.
Cubs win! Cubs win!

This in no way adds to the conversation, but I wanted to give credit where credit was due.
This is AWESOME.

"It's a simple question really, if the moon were made of spare ribs, would ya eat it?"

-End thread-jacking-

So I gotta say it seems like our class is a pretty good bunch. For anyone who missed it, last night was a big get together, and we'll put a new one together soon I am sure. We need to get a good bunch together for trivia night, we didn't do too badly for ourselves last night

dolcevita11

New

Post by dolcevita11 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:53 pm

I'm confused... my PLUS loan has not showed up anywhere... not on my Bursar Bill, nor in my Student Center.

I submitted it by the deadline. Anyone else having the same problem?

On top of that, because it did not show up and I had a balance on the bill, they added a $140 charge to the bill.

como

Silver

Post by como » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:01 pm

dolcevita11 wrote:I'm confused... my PLUS loan has not showed up anywhere... not on my Bursar Bill, nor in my Student Center.

On top of that, because it did not show up and I had a balance on the bill, they added a $140 charge to the bill.
That sounds strange. I would call the financial aid office to see what the dilly is.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

let/them/eat/cake

Silver

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:52 pm

studymaster wrote:
tucanran wrote:
Cubs win! Cubs win!

This is AWESOME.

"It's a simple question really, if the moon were made of spare ribs, would ya eat it?"

-End thread-jacking-

So I gotta say it seems like our class is a pretty good bunch. For anyone who missed it, last night was a big get together, and we'll put a new one together soon I am sure. We need to get a good bunch together for trivia night, we didn't do too badly for ourselves last night
"I know I would, and I'd wash it down with a nice, cold Budweiser."

Nicely done. As for trivia, count me in on an eventual team. I propose my team name from UG --"Manifest Destiny" -- for our purposes as well; I think it strikes the right tone. Always up for other suggestions :) See you all next week.

panda

Bronze

Post by panda » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:00 pm

we better set something up for next week! Ill be there on Wednesday.. :mrgreen:

let/them/eat/cake

Silver

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:10 pm

if i have

rossi for civpro, W,TH,FRI 11:15-1210;

Johnson for Conlaw, MWF, 845-1000;

Hillman for Contracts, MTW, 1010-1105;

Freed for lawyering, Tu, Th, 905-100; and

Hans for Torts, Tu, W, Th, F, 230-325.....

what section am I in? or am I a moron and it's listed clearly here somewhere and I just can't find it (i know there's a "section" column in this My Class Schedule thing, but they are listed as 001, 002.... and in any case my numbers in that column are not uniform--i have a couple 001, a couple 002s, and a 003....)?

brutal morning heavy schedule, FTL.....

neskerdoo

Silver

Post by neskerdoo » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:11 pm

dolcevita11 wrote:I'm confused... my PLUS loan has not showed up anywhere... not on my Bursar Bill, nor in my Student Center.

did you do the entrance counseling and promissory note? could that be the issue?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

let/them/eat/cake

Silver

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:20 pm

one other question....

anyone know where i can find the book lists/syllabi what have you for my classes? i'm in the fortunate position of being at my old office right now and have ready access to a printer, which is a rarity now that i'm not working.....

neskerdoo

Silver

Post by neskerdoo » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:38 pm

let/them/eat/cake wrote:one other question....

anyone know where i can find the book lists/syllabi what have you for my classes? i'm in the fortunate position of being at my old office right now and have ready access to a printer, which is a rarity now that i'm not working.....

registrar's site has the booklist... syllabi and such should be on blackboard if the professor has put it there

ben1185

New

Post by ben1185 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:39 pm

Officially in Ithaca with internet. Woo hoo! Let me know if anyone wants to do anything.

P.S. I'm on Stewart Ave in Collegetown.

mbw

Bronze

Post by mbw » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:04 pm

let/them/eat/cake wrote:if i have

rossi for civpro, W,TH,FRI 11:15-1210;

Johnson for Conlaw, MWF, 845-1000;

Hillman for Contracts, MTW, 1010-1105;

Freed for lawyering, Tu, Th, 905-100; and

Hans for Torts, Tu, W, Th, F, 230-325.....

what section am I in? or am I a moron and it's listed clearly here somewhere and I just can't find it (i know there's a "section" column in this My Class Schedule thing, but they are listed as 001, 002.... and in any case my numbers in that column are not uniform--i have a couple 001, a couple 002s, and a 003....)?

brutal morning heavy schedule, FTL.....

LTEC, you're in C. :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”