Penn Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
soupscool

New

Re: Penn Class of 2012

Post by soupscool » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:49 pm

Since I know everyone here was on the edge of their seats about my housing decision, I sent a deposit in for a place in center city today. I thought it was worth some extra money to not feel like an undergrad in university city while in grad school (domus, left bank, etc. being obvious exceptions). Now that that's out there, everyone can rest a bit easier tonight.

turtle22

New

Post by turtle22 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:32 pm

soupscool wrote:Since I know everyone here was on the edge of their seats about my housing decision, I sent a deposit in for a place in center city today. I thought it was worth some extra money to not feel like an undergrad in university city while in grad school (domus, left bank, etc. being obvious exceptions). Now that that's out there, everyone can rest a bit easier tonight.
Thanks for the consideration. I know I speak for everyone when I say that I haven't had a wait like this since the LSAT score. Anxiety dreams, lack of appetite, constant bitchiness to friends and coworkers... ;)

I think CC was the right move.

thistimereborn

New

Post by thistimereborn » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:11 pm

lostmyname wrote:indeed! you may choose your penn law email address, but you're supposed to have at least 2 names in it, as in, b.dogood.franklin@law.upenn.edu or benjamin.franklin@law.upenn.edu. when i set up my pennkey it gave me a number of auto-generated choices...they all just happened to be rather unfortunate.
I'm confused about how to set up the penn law e-mail address. I went to the PLEAS link and submitted an alias. Is this alias @law.upenn.edu going to be our penn law e-mail address? If so, how do we access that e-mail account??

Maybe I'm a complete idiot but I'm finding all these different keys, websites, etc. ridiculously confusing.

soupscool

New

Post by soupscool » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:49 pm

soupscool wrote:Thanks for the consideration. I know I speak for everyone when I say that I haven't had a wait like this since the LSAT score. Anxiety dreams, lack of appetite, constant bitchiness to friends and coworkers... ;)
It's no problem at all. It's really the least I can do. I'm actually thinking of starting a blog so I can update my living situation and calm everyone down when finals roll around.
thistimereborn wrote:
Where and how do we change our e-mail address?

I've created my PennKey and lawKey

I logged into PennPortal and then tried to login with the webmail --> law webmail link, but it timed out.
Err, I think someone mentioned a few posts back mentioned that you can get there from the admitted students website. Go to Technology->Quickstart for new students->"PLEAS" link and create an alias.

I don't think you can use webmail as a student. At least for me, it forwards to my gmail account.

Marko Ramius

New

Post by Marko Ramius » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:51 pm

PENNTTT

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

thistimereborn

New

Post by thistimereborn » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:51 pm

soupscool wrote:
soupscool wrote:Thanks for the consideration. I know I speak for everyone when I say that I haven't had a wait like this since the LSAT score. Anxiety dreams, lack of appetite, constant bitchiness to friends and coworkers... ;)
It's no problem at all. It's really the least I can do. I'm actually thinking of starting a blog so I can update my living situation and calm everyone down when finals roll around.
thistimereborn wrote:

I logged into PennPortal and then tried to login with the webmail --> law webmail link, but it timed out.
Err, I think someone mentioned a few posts back mentioned that you can get there from the admitted students website. Go to Technology->Quickstart for new students->"PLEAS" link and create an alias.

I don't think you can use webmail as a student. At least for me, it forwards to my gmail account.
Oh haha I guess you replied before I edited my post. I went to the PLEAS thing and submitted an Alias. Do I just wait for it to be approved then and use that @law.upenn.edu as my e-mail address? How do I access that e-mail account?

Oh sweet, I just sent an e-mail to my pennkey @law.upenn.edu and it sent it to the gmail address I provided for forwarding purposes. That's great, but how do I access the actual penn law e-mail account?

soupscool

New

Post by soupscool » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:59 pm

thistimereborn wrote:
soupscool wrote:
thistimereborn wrote:

Oh haha I guess you replied before I edited my post. I went to the PLEAS thing and submitted an Alias. Do I just wait for it to be approved then and use that @law.upenn.edu as my e-mail address? How do I access that e-mail account?
Yeah sorry I guess I did. Anyway I believe once it's approved, the alias@law.upenn.edu will go to your gmail account the same way pennkey@law.upenn.edu will. It's the same account just called 2 different things. Hope that answers it....

Marko Ramius

New

Post by Marko Ramius » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:00 pm

PENNTTT

thistimereborn

New

Post by thistimereborn » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:05 pm

Marko Ramius wrote:PENNTTT
What?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mailerdaemon

New

Post by mailerdaemon » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:05 pm

tttroll.

Marko Ramius

New

Post by Marko Ramius » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:21 pm

mailerdaemon wrote:tttroll.
internet messaging pawn bottt fail

walzer

New

Post by walzer » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:25 pm

Hey all!

Posted this in another section too - but did any of you see how big the lockers are at Penn? I'm considering getting a folding bike and it would be awesome if I could drop it off in a locker. Thanks for any estimations!

riccardo426

New

Post by riccardo426 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:54 pm

walzer wrote:Hey all!

Posted this in another section too - but did any of you see how big the lockers are at Penn? I'm considering getting a folding bike and it would be awesome if I could drop it off in a locker. Thanks for any estimations!
I doubt it would fit, even without your books. Also, there is plenty of bikeroom in front of the law school, and even when that is full, there is an even bigger rack in front of the UG library a block away.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

riccardo426

New

Post by riccardo426 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:57 pm

Also, my roommate (another rising Penn 1L) and I just got approved for our Fitler Square area apartment today and will be signing the lease early next week!

Two Penn 3L's live there now and they said parties can hold over 100 people. baller.

turtle22

New

Post by turtle22 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:40 am

riccardo426 wrote:Also, my roommate (another rising Penn 1L) and I just got approved for our Fitler Square area apartment today and will be signing the lease early next week!

Two Penn 3L's live there now and they said parties can hold over 100 people. baller.
Awesome congrats!

soupscool

New

Post by soupscool » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:57 am

If any of you are big music people, the Philly orchestra has $25 season passes for students. Can't beat that with a stick.

http://philorch.org/collegestudents.html

cambodge

New

Post by cambodge » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:24 pm

is anyone else having trouble getting their forwarded email? i set up an alias and everything, but so far, the test messages i've sent haven't reached me... it's not in my spam folder either.. ideas ? thanks :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

riccardo426

New

Post by riccardo426 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:45 pm

cambodge wrote:is anyone else having trouble getting their forwarded email? i set up an alias and everything, but so far, the test messages i've sent haven't reached me... it's not in my spam folder either.. ideas ? thanks :)
I'm having the same problem, actually.

Also, I should introduce this now. I've talked with a few other Penn 2012 TLSers about having a meetup at Center City Sips. It's every Wednesday from 5 to 7 at a lot of the top bars/restaurants around the city. 2 dollar beers, 3 dollar wines, 4 dollar cocktails, half-off appetizers = best deal around. But when do you think is the best time?

I am already in Philly and could do a meetup anytime, but considering that more people will probably arrive August 1st, should something like this be held off until early August (the 5th or 12th)? Though, that could run the risk of being too many people, leaving one dazed without remembering anyone's name.

Silent Penn 2012's, return and weigh in!

VandyCandy

New

Post by VandyCandy » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:30 pm

Oh I would love a TLS get together! I'll be in town from 1 Aug on so I could make it any time after that!

turtle22

New

Post by turtle22 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:02 pm

I will selfishly vote for Aug 5th, as I will be out of town on the 12th. Also in Philly for the summer, if anyone wants to do anything in July.

riccardo426

New

Post by riccardo426 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:35 pm

Oh yeah, there's also the possibility that a smallish group meets up for drinks in July and then something bigger could happen in August when many more people arrive. I actually like that better.

But that runs the risk that you all would hate me and be stuck with me for over an hour...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

turtle22

New

Post by turtle22 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:21 pm

riccardo426 wrote:Oh yeah, there's also the possibility that a smallish group meets up for drinks in July and then something bigger could happen in August when many more people arrive. I actually like that better.

But that runs the risk that you all would hate me and be stuck with me for over an hour...
No worries. I'll just get an "emergency" "call" from a "friend". (I kid, I kid.)

soupscool

New

Post by soupscool » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:44 pm

I'm around in Philly now as well and would definitely be in for something in July or August.

blueox

New

Post by blueox » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:57 pm

riccardo426 wrote:
cambodge wrote:is anyone else having trouble getting their forwarded email? i set up an alias and everything, but so far, the test messages i've sent haven't reached me... it's not in my spam folder either.. ideas ? thanks :)
I'm having the same problem, actually.

Also, I should introduce this now. I've talked with a few other Penn 2012 TLSers about having a meetup at Center City Sips. It's every Wednesday from 5 to 7 at a lot of the top bars/restaurants around the city. 2 dollar beers, 3 dollar wines, 4 dollar cocktails, half-off appetizers = best deal around. But when do you think is the best time?

I am already in Philly and could do a meetup anytime, but considering that more people will probably arrive August 1st, should something like this be held off until early August (the 5th or 12th)? Though, that could run the risk of being too many people, leaving one dazed without remembering anyone's name.

Silent Penn 2012's, return and weigh in!

I had the same problem. This is what ITS said:

Please try sending to your law email from an address other than your forwarding
(gmail) address. There is a known bug in gmail that prevents email delivery to
the same email address once it has been forwarded.

kurla88

Bronze

Post by kurla88 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:30 am

Hi all,

We need to get this thread more active! I won't be in Philly till like late August (I'm clinging to my job and PAY as long as I can) but I'd definitely be up for a bar night or several once I arrive.

Anyone still looking for a female roommate? I'm a female, non-smoker, no pets, etc. I have my eye on some "deals" in Center City. PM me if interested. :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”