The Ohio State University 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
randomwit
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 12:12 am

Re: The Ohio State University 2012

Postby randomwit » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:26 pm

thefalls wrote:
randomwit wrote:
thefalls wrote:No student tickets left ... I checked today.

Does anyone know how difficult it is to score single tickets from other students during the season? How big is the mark-up, usually?

I've ruled out getting into the USC game and I'm not really interested in Navy or New Mexico State, but would like to see a few of the Big Ten home games.


Well, my tuition is about 10k a year, so just to be fair and since we are fellow 1L's, I can sell you my tickets for 9k firm. LOL


Including the USC game? lol


I seriously would not worry too much about it, I am pretty sure some people would sell the tickets or some fellow law students would give them up for the games they cannot attend...try ebay as well OSU games are pretty big events.

twalamanana
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:17 pm

Re: The Ohio State University 2012

Postby twalamanana » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:24 pm

I just checked it out, and it says there are 99 seats left, so we should be good. Thanks to whoever set this up!

lym wrote:
opj2002 wrote:
lym wrote:
dholyghozt wrote:For those who got tickets we're trying to start a 1L Seating Group. And if anyone knows if there's a general Law School Group organized by the SBA or something please let us know.

here's the group info

Group Name: Moritz 2012
Group Password: buckeyelaw2012


Is there a cap on your group? Somebody I know just made one & they are limited to 5 people.


Oh I hope not. I didn't see anything in the email about a cap. That'd be pretty lame, if you ask me.


If you look at the group (where it lists who is signed up for the group) it will say how many seats are left. At least, that's how it is for my friend's group.

I like the idea, I wanted to group my seat with other people that were looking to sell/exchange some of their tickets (since I wouldn't go to all of the games). If people are not interested in the UofI game (it's on my birthday & it's against my bro's school) let me know if you want to group with me and another person so that we can all exchange tickets for the games we want (ie. you'd be able to bring yourself and possibly your friends). & you obviously wouldn't have to exchange/sell all of your tickets.... I just have personal interest in the UofI game. 8)

opj2002
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:35 am

Re: The Ohio State University 2012

Postby opj2002 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:53 pm

Joined the ticket group. 97 spots left!


In other news, has anyone received the roommate response forms yet? I think mine might have been sent to my permanent address (parents) and I'll have to wait for it to be forwarded.

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: The Ohio State University 2012

Postby ruleser » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:02 pm

So all the student tickets are gone or no? I just got in off the waitlist and am not sure how to order yet, but sounds like I may have missed it anyway???

By the way, getting very excited to attend OSU. I still have to visit it, but I love the feel of it. I have to contact Cincy and withdraw...

opj2002
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:35 am

Re: The Ohio State University 2012

Postby opj2002 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:14 pm

ruleser wrote:So all the student tickets are gone or no? I just got in off the waitlist and am not sure how to order yet, but sounds like I may have missed it anyway???

By the way, getting very excited to attend OSU. I still have to visit it, but I love the feel of it. I have to contact Cincy and withdraw...


Think someone recently checked and confirmed they are sold out. Someone was just posting about how they weren't interested in attending every game... may wanna contact them and try to score a ticket from him/her.

I am going to attend without ever visiting the school. I hope that doesn't come back to bite me, but I've heard only good things about the school and Columbus from sources I trust.

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: The Ohio State University 2012

Postby ruleser » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:22 pm

opj2002 wrote:
ruleser wrote:So all the student tickets are gone or no? I just got in off the waitlist and am not sure how to order yet, but sounds like I may have missed it anyway???

By the way, getting very excited to attend OSU. I still have to visit it, but I love the feel of it. I have to contact Cincy and withdraw...


Think someone recently checked and confirmed they are sold out. Someone was just posting about how they weren't interested in attending every game... may wanna contact them and try to score a ticket from him/her.

I am going to attend without ever visiting the school. I hope that doesn't come back to bite me, but I've heard only good things about the school and Columbus from sources I trust.


Cool - I've been to Columbus for the airport. I think it should be cool enough, and the school sounds very cool - I like the way they've been e-mailing, etc since I sent my deposit, the mentoring program, etc.

Anyone with tickets they don't want let's talk - I'll also call tomorrow to see about I guess some non-student ones...

randomwit
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 12:12 am

Re: The Ohio State University 2012

Postby randomwit » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:26 pm

opj2002 wrote:Joined the ticket group. 97 spots left!


In other news, has anyone received the roommate response forms yet? I think mine might have been sent to my permanent address (parents) and I'll have to wait for it to be forwarded.



I haven't received anything yet (snail mail or otherwise), so I don't think they have sent it out.

thomasgrier
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: The Ohio State University 2012

Postby thomasgrier » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:49 pm

I just found out I was pulled from the alternate list. I am so pumped but not pumped to move across country.

User avatar
lanvengrey
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: The Ohio State University 2012

Postby lanvengrey » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:13 am

thomasgrier wrote:I just found out I was pulled from the alternate list. I am so pumped but not pumped to move across country.


Where will you be moving from?

User avatar
dholyghozt
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:31 am

Re: The Ohio State University 2012

Postby dholyghozt » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:57 am

randomwit wrote:
opj2002 wrote:Joined the ticket group. 97 spots left!


In other news, has anyone received the roommate response forms yet? I think mine might have been sent to my permanent address (parents) and I'll have to wait for it to be forwarded.



I haven't received anything yet (snail mail or otherwise), so I don't think they have sent it out.


I received it a while ago, it was sent via email. PM me and I can forward them to you.

opj2002
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:35 am

Re: The Ohio State University 2012

Postby opj2002 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:00 am

dholyghozt wrote:
randomwit wrote:
opj2002 wrote:Joined the ticket group. 97 spots left!


In other news, has anyone received the roommate response forms yet? I think mine might have been sent to my permanent address (parents) and I'll have to wait for it to be forwarded.



I haven't received anything yet (snail mail or otherwise), so I don't think they have sent it out.


I received it a while ago, it was sent via email. PM me and I can forward them to you.


really? Uh, well that's no good. I have received a plethora of other emails from them, so it seems odd I'd miss that one. Hmph. PMing you now

thomasgrier
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: The Ohio State University 2012

Postby thomasgrier » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:52 pm

lanvengrey wrote:
thomasgrier wrote:I just found out I was pulled from the alternate list. I am so pumped but not pumped to move across country.


Where will you be moving from?


My wife and I are coming from Chandler, Arizona. I have a hatred for driving, making me even more excited about the trek. I do like to move though and my moving philosophy is very "scorched earth." I leave everything behind, except very precious memories.

User avatar
lanvengrey
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: The Ohio State University 2012

Postby lanvengrey » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:09 am

I was actually wondering if any of you guys received any law school grants from Ohio State. I'm surprised that I didn't because my FAFSA contribution number is 0. Hm..

User avatar
buckeyefan3
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:27 pm

Re: The Ohio State University 2012

Postby buckeyefan3 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:09 pm

Hi All,

For those of you who will be new to town, here is a link to all of the fun festivals that are happening in Columbus during the next couple of months:

http://www.experiencecolumbus.com/festivals

The Greek Festival and Oktoberfest are a couple of my favorites. Plus, restaurant week is the week of July 12th if anybody will be around (restaurantweekcolumbus.com).

Experiencecolumbus.com is a great website if you're looking for things to do in town!

randomwit
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 12:12 am

Re: The Ohio State University 2012

Postby randomwit » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:40 pm

lanvengrey wrote:I was actually wondering if any of you guys received any law school grants from Ohio State. I'm surprised that I didn't because my FAFSA contribution number is 0. Hm..



Well, if you are making reference to the grants many of us received when we were in undergrad (Pell Grant), I don't think those are awarded to grad students. However, you should not have a problem financing law school, OSU already gave me the option of 60k in loans and I am sure I could get a little more if I went to look for private loans. The first year will be the most expensive because you will have out of state tuition. Your second year should be much better, tuition will drop to around 20k and hopefully you will be able to cover most of that with the earnings of a summer job (as a summer associate).

As far as grants go, I actually did receive one for being an ethnic minority. I do not recall the exact name now, but I never applied for it, the school just gave it to me.

User avatar
dholyghozt
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:31 am

Re: The Ohio State University 2012

Postby dholyghozt » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:53 pm

how are you guys looking for apts? i'm stuck using the OSU Off Campus Housing Search (which has very outdated pics) and Metro-Rentals (with not enough info) and I've also tried contacting the Meridian and the Quarry referred me to Fisher Commons, do you guys know any other or better avenues to use? i'd do craigslist but i don't have the option to look at apts and i don't trust craigslist without seeing it. thanks!

User avatar
buckeyefan3
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:27 pm

Re: The Ohio State University 2012

Postby buckeyefan3 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:00 pm

dholyghozt wrote:how are you guys looking for apts? i'm stuck using the OSU Off Campus Housing Search (which has very outdated pics) and Metro-Rentals (with not enough info) and I've also tried contacting the Meridian and the Quarry referred me to Fisher Commons, do you guys know any other or better avenues to use? i'd do craigslist but i don't have the option to look at apts and i don't trust craigslist without seeing it. thanks!


I know I've said this before so sorry if I'm bugging people but I live in Columbus, went to OSU for undergrad, etc so if you find a place or want to know about an area, I would be more than happy to answer any questions about housing.

User avatar
dholyghozt
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:31 am

Re: The Ohio State University 2012

Postby dholyghozt » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:12 pm

buckeyefan3 wrote:
dholyghozt wrote:how are you guys looking for apts? i'm stuck using the OSU Off Campus Housing Search (which has very outdated pics) and Metro-Rentals (with not enough info) and I've also tried contacting the Meridian and the Quarry referred me to Fisher Commons, do you guys know any other or better avenues to use? i'd do craigslist but i don't have the option to look at apts and i don't trust craigslist without seeing it. thanks!


I know I've said this before so sorry if I'm bugging people but I live in Columbus, went to OSU for undergrad, etc so if you find a place or want to know about an area, I would be more than happy to answer any questions about housing.


thanks i'm mostly looking around SW of High Street right around South Campus Gateway...i guess i am wondering if there are any other websites or companies that a lot of people have used and liked...

so i just heard from the Meridian that they have available studios...it's a bit more expensive than most other apts i've seen...do you think this community is worth it for the price? thanks!

lym
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: The Ohio State University 2012

Postby lym » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:51 pm

buckeyefan3 wrote:Hi All,

For those of you who will be new to town, here is a link to all of the fun festivals that are happening in Columbus during the next couple of months:

http://www.experiencecolumbus.com/festivals

The Greek Festival and Oktoberfest are a couple of my favorites. Plus, restaurant week is the week of July 12th if anybody will be around (restaurantweekcolumbus.com).

Experiencecolumbus.com is a great website if you're looking for things to do in town!


Thanks for the links! I'm coming into town a bit earlier to get settled in (then I leave for a week before orientation starts), so it's good knowing what's going on around town!

User avatar
brokenmil0
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:07 am

Re: The Ohio State University 2012

Postby brokenmil0 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:09 pm

So, the person who agreed to be my roommate next year decided to get an apartment with some other people, and didn't tell me about it until after they had done it. What the hell? I probably won't be able to find a Moritz roommate for this year, as everyone else I've contacted on that housing list is already committed (maybe that's not a bad thing?). I hope that this isn't indicative of Moritz students in general, or I will be a sad panda.

If anyone's in need of a female roommate, PM me. I'm actually fairly cool and not usually so bitter :) :)

opj2002
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:35 am

Re: The Ohio State University 2012

Postby opj2002 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:05 pm

brokenmil0 wrote:So, the person who agreed to be my roommate next year decided to get an apartment with some other people, and didn't tell me about it until after they had done it. What the hell? I probably won't be able to find a Moritz roommate for this year, as everyone else I've contacted on that housing list is already committed (maybe that's not a bad thing?). I hope that this isn't indicative of Moritz students in general, or I will be a sad panda.

If anyone's in need of a female roommate, PM me. I'm actually fairly cool and not usually so bitter :) :)


They JUST added my form to the thing (sent first day but they mustve lost it) so I'm still needing a roommate. And I hope everyone isn't all booked up. Sent out emails to people I thought could work.... But who knows!

TheQuietStorm86
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:34 pm

Re: The Ohio State University 2012

Postby TheQuietStorm86 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:59 pm

buckeyefan3 or anyone with Columbus experience...My fiance and I are looking at some apartments in German Village. I've heard that some parts of German Village aren't that nice as they border some rougher neighborhoods. These apartments are on Forest street between High and Parsons. Any input would be great. Thanks.

User avatar
buckeyefan3
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:27 pm

Re: The Ohio State University 2012

Postby buckeyefan3 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:31 am

TheQuietStorm86 wrote:buckeyefan3 or anyone with Columbus experience...My fiance and I are looking at some apartments in German Village. I've heard that some parts of German Village aren't that nice as they border some rougher neighborhoods. These apartments are on Forest street between High and Parsons. Any input would be great. Thanks.


Hi! Sorry for the delay in responding. I'm am not super familiar with GV so I asked a friend who lives over there if the area you are talking about is safe.

Answer from my friend who lives in German Village:

"I don't think so. It's not really close to High st at all…but more on the Parsons side. There's been a lot of crime in GV recently and I wouldn't really recommend going anywhere near Parsons…plus that's not German Village over there, it's Schumacer Place or Merion Village."


As a side note, my friends and I grew up in the burbs, lived in a really nice sorority house in college, and now live in a nice part of town so our view of what is actually "safe" or not might be a little off. There are two different people that I currently work with who live over there and say it's fine so I guess it's all about perspective. I will say that the closer to high and the farther from Parsons, the better. I would be nervous to drive through some of the neighborhoods on Parsons! eek

TheQuietStorm86
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:34 pm

Re: The Ohio State University 2012

Postby TheQuietStorm86 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:03 am

Thanks...we ended up at Arbors of Watermark in Grandview which seems like a nice place that is not to far from campus. I took a year off before starting law school and I am nervous and excited to get started up again in about 6 weeks.

User avatar
buckeyefan3
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:27 pm

Re: The Ohio State University 2012

Postby buckeyefan3 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:25 pm

TheQuietStorm86 wrote:Thanks...we ended up at Arbors of Watermark in Grandview which seems like a nice place that is not to far from campus. I took a year off before starting law school and I am nervous and excited to get started up again in about 6 weeks.


I have a lot of friends who live there/have lived there. We even looked there before we decided to live in the Short North. Nice place and def. safe. Good choice!




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest