Wisconsin-Madison 2012!!!

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
Bankhead
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:50 am

Re: Wisconsin-Madison 2012!!!

Postby Bankhead » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:05 pm

What do you all think the chances of a 161/3.3 getting in. I'm retaking in December, but let's say I don't improve... 50/50?

Yojimbo
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:10 pm

Re: Wisconsin-Madison 2012!!!

Postby Yojimbo » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:51 pm

nitsudrx-that seems about right, especially if you don't improve your score, causing your application to be considered later in the cycle. Applying earlier wouldn't hurt and could possibly even help a little. I decided to cancel taking the December LSAT after the admissions office e-mailed me that they were not going to review my application until my second LSAT score was received. Are you a WI resident? That would increase your chances a bit too.

User avatar
coolkatz321
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:31 pm

Re: Wisconsin-Madison 2012!!!

Postby coolkatz321 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:36 pm

When did you apply? I want to know what kind of time cycle I'm looking at...

congrats again!

User avatar
silver11
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:13 pm

Re: Wisconsin-Madison 2012!!!

Postby silver11 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:23 pm

Congrats

User avatar
crystalhawkeye
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:00 pm

Re: Wisconsin-Madison 2012!!!

Postby crystalhawkeye » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:54 pm

bongothebunny wrote:YAY! I just got in!

Don't be afraid of the tiny envelope that it comes in.


Thank you for this piece of info. Any tiny envelopes in the mail strike immediate paranoia into my heart right now!

User avatar
crystalhawkeye
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:00 pm

Re: Wisconsin-Madison 2012!!!

Postby crystalhawkeye » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:00 pm

wiscohopeful wrote:Im at UW right now for undergrad as well. I would love to stay here for another three years...though the way the weather has been the last couple of days could definitely be changing my decision if it stays like this for the next 4 months (which it probably will) :( Yay midwest winters!!!


I live in Michigan and every year I cannot wait for the winters. In fact, its been snowing most of the morning! Hooray! This is a reason why UWisc would be right up my alley...

--ImageRemoved-- Image

So pretty...

wiscohopeful
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:13 pm

Re: Wisconsin-Madison 2012!!!

Postby wiscohopeful » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:55 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:
wiscohopeful wrote:Im at UW right now for undergrad as well. I would love to stay here for another three years...though the way the weather has been the last couple of days could definitely be changing my decision if it stays like this for the next 4 months (which it probably will) :( Yay midwest winters!!!


I live in Michigan and every year I cannot wait for the winters. In fact, its been snowing most of the morning! Hooray! This is a reason why UWisc would be right up my alley...

--ImageRemoved-- Image

So pretty...



Meh, I love the first snow of the winter I guess haha. And it is pretty. Its actually not that bad at all except when I have to walk up that dang hill when its all slushy and slippery. Kindasteep.com

Yojimbo
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:10 pm

Re: Wisconsin-Madison 2012!!!

Postby Yojimbo » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:39 pm

wiscohopeful wrote:Meh, I love the first snow of the winter I guess haha. And it is pretty. Its actually not that bad at all except when I have to walk up that dang hill when its all slushy and slippery. Kindasteep.com


I've lived in Madison almost my entire life and I don't think winter can be much better than it is here. Also, Bascom hill is incredible, I try extra hard on my walks up it, its like a mini calf work out and it generally keeps me awake in my next class. I wouldn't base your choice of school on weather, Madison is so great the rest of the year, even if you don't like it right now.

User avatar
crystalhawkeye
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:00 pm

Re: Wisconsin-Madison 2012!!!

Postby crystalhawkeye » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:52 pm

What if the Winter is what you like best, haha. I didn't apply to any schools in the SW for weather reasons. If its someplace I'm going to be living for at least 3 years, weather is certainly going to be a factor in deciding to go.

Yojimbo
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:10 pm

Re: Wisconsin-Madison 2012!!!

Postby Yojimbo » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:09 pm

I suppose you're right, I may just be conditioned to not thinking about it after living here and in England, where weather isn't so nice much of the time.

I think I could handle the SW, I've heard its more of a 'dry heat'? Now the SE, like FL and GA are horribly muggy from my experiences.

User avatar
silver11
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:13 pm

Re: Wisconsin-Madison 2012!!!

Postby silver11 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:11 pm

Brrrrr..

wiscohopeful
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:13 pm

Re: Wisconsin-Madison 2012!!!

Postby wiscohopeful » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:56 pm

The weather is great other than the 4 months of winter. Though I don't agree with you Yojimbo that it is one of the nicest winters around...it can get pretty bad.

seasalt
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:40 am

Re: Wisconsin-Madison 2012!!!

Postby seasalt » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:21 pm

Congrats! How long were you complete before you heard?

nvoight911
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: Wisconsin-Madison 2012!!!

Postby nvoight911 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:53 pm

Agreed, last winter was fucking brutal and the forecasters are predicting that this one will be similar

User avatar
bongothebunny
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:17 pm

Re: Wisconsin-Madison 2012!!!

Postby bongothebunny » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:55 pm

seasalt wrote:Congrats! How long were you complete before you heard?


I went complete 11/10 and heard back 12/1 (although the letter was dated 11/24).

AZisHOTgetmeout
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: Wisconsin-Madison 2012!!!

Postby AZisHOTgetmeout » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:05 pm

Yojimbo wrote:I suppose you're right, I may just be conditioned to not thinking about it after living here and in England, where weather isn't so nice much of the time.

I think I could handle the SW, I've heard its more of a 'dry heat'? Now the SE, like FL and GA are horribly muggy from my experiences.


i donno, i've been in the southwest for far too long and i must say, a dry heat doesnt matter when its 116 or really just over 105, which is from may til october. don't let people trick you, it has been in the 100's through all of october. and nobody is dry when you're walking around in that heat. hot is hot. i'm looking forward to 4 seasons.

chido31
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 10:15 pm

Re: Wisconsin-Madison 2012!!!

Postby chido31 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:09 pm

I went complete on the 6th, nothing yet...hopefully this will be an amazing week.

User avatar
crystalhawkeye
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:00 pm

Re: Wisconsin-Madison 2012!!!

Postby crystalhawkeye » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:50 am

AZisHOTgetmeout wrote:i donno, i've been in the southwest for far too long and i must say, a dry heat doesnt matter when its 116 or really just over 105, which is from may til october. don't let people trick you, it has been in the 100's through all of october. and nobody is dry when you're walking around in that heat. hot is hot. i'm looking forward to 4 seasons.


Agreed. (I already have the seasons, but I agree with the rest.)

chido31 wrote:I went complete on the 6th, nothing yet...hopefully this will be an amazing week.


I was complete 11/11. I, too, would like an amazing week. And given that I will certainly not be getting laid or anything of the like, that can only mean acceptance into one of my top picks.

kollegekid
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:58 pm

Re: Wisconsin-Madison 2012!!!

Postby kollegekid » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:28 am

I guess I will jump on the "complete" bandwagon, I did on 11/10, god I hope it is here tomorrow so this process can be over.

User avatar
crystalhawkeye
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:00 pm

Re: Wisconsin-Madison 2012!!!

Postby crystalhawkeye » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:25 pm

kollegekid wrote:I guess I will jump on the "complete" bandwagon, I did on 11/10, god I hope it is here tomorrow so this process can be over.


Did it come? I got nothing, again.

braun223
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:29 pm

Re: Wisconsin-Madison 2012!!!

Postby braun223 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:28 pm

Nothin here too.

nvoight911
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: Wisconsin-Madison 2012!!!

Postby nvoight911 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:45 pm

braun223 wrote:Nothin here too.


Same here

wiscohopeful
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:13 pm

Re: Wisconsin-Madison 2012!!!

Postby wiscohopeful » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:45 am

sameeeeeee

Yojimbo
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:10 pm

Re: Wisconsin-Madison 2012!!!

Postby Yojimbo » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:27 am

Nothing too, though I do have an unhealthy suspicion that my roommates are or will try to play a cruel joke on me and steal/hide any law school letters I get because they always get the mail first :(

chido31
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 10:15 pm

Re: Wisconsin-Madison 2012!!!

Postby chido31 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:48 am

nothing....




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest