Wisconsin-Madison 2012!!! Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
crystalhawkeye

Silver

Re: Wisconsin-Madison 2012!!!

Post by crystalhawkeye » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:53 pm

wiscohopeful wrote:Ding ding ding ding ding....rejected yesterday. gl to all those that havent heard yet
Sorry to hear it, wisco. Don't worry man, you'll get something good, I just know it...

ColtonDLong

New

Post by ColtonDLong » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:30 pm

nvoight911 wrote:
BobDole34 wrote:It's way too early for someone who went complete on 1/13 to get an answer. You'll hear in late-Feb at the earliest.

Nvoight- Where do you want to go? 3.78 is far above their median and 160 + WI residence should make you really competitive on the waitlist line. I'm really shocked you didn't get in and I was waiting to hear how you did before making this statement: I think Wisconsin is trying to boost their median LSAT to 162+ this year. In my conversation with admissions, they suggested there might be a stronger pool with more applicants due to the economy so they were waiting to see if later LSAT takers reflect this.

I'm a 161/mid 3.6 Wisconsin resident and I think I will be waitlisted, not admitted because of the change, even though last year according to LSN nearly all 3.6+, 161 or highers got in. Am I too pessimistic? I want to go quite badly.
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm thinking as well. They seem like they're trying to boost their ranking.
I bet you 100 dollars I get waitlisted tomorrow. I bet 1,000 dollars I call and tell them to withdraw my app.

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:36 pm

$1,000 says I still hear nothing tomorrow. Or at all this coming week.

Legionaire

New

Post by Legionaire » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:31 am

Accepted 01.23. Complete 12.10. Non-resident. Small envelope but it obviously contained more than one page. Best of luck to those still waiting.

MidwestJosh

Bronze

Post by MidwestJosh » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:21 am

crystalhawkeye wrote:$1,000 says I still hear nothing tomorrow. Or at all this coming week.
Psh, don't do that. You'll get in soon man.

Good luck

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

braun223

New

Post by braun223 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:04 am

Legionaire wrote:Accepted 01.23. Complete 12.10. Non-resident. Small envelope but it obviously contained more than one page. Best of luck to those still waiting.
stats?

rch0013

New

Post by rch0013 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:15 am

I was accepted in the same manner. I hope schooly info is forthcoming as there was limited info in the letter I got.

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:05 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:$1,000 says I still hear nothing tomorrow. Or at all this coming week.
+1

(And still bitter and grieving over the BU and UT Austin rejections. Ugh.)

kollegekid

New

Post by kollegekid » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:08 pm

F the frickin lazy bastards in my campus mailroom, they didn't even come in this Saturday. Still nothing, I think I will do that online chat thing today. This is taking forever........

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:16 pm

I just went complete Friday so I know not to expect anything anytime soon but I just keep hoping that they will give me a quick turnaround... I need to hear some good news soon.

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:44 pm

Well, good thing nobody bet me. WLed today.

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:46 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:
Almost numbers twin!!!!!!! Are you happy about the WL? If so, congrats! :D

MidwestJosh

Bronze

Post by MidwestJosh » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:47 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:
Wow. Really? God that sucks, I know you were holding out on WI. At least it wasn't a ding. Get that LOCI off today...

What's next in line for you?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:49 pm

IzziesGal wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:
No, no I am not.
MidwestJosh wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:
Wow. Really? God that sucks, I know you were holding out on WI. At least it wasn't a ding. Get that LOCI off today...

Still waiting on W&L (although after this I have no hope about it) and there are still a few mid-west schools left that I can try for - I'm waiting Indiana... (Iowa, too, but I sent the app. to them pretty late.)

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:51 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:
IzziesGal wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:
No, no I am not.
MidwestJosh wrote:

Sorry, then. Hope it ends up working out for you!

kiwislug

Bronze

Post by kiwislug » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:52 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:I'm waiting Indiana... (Iowa, too, but I sent the app. to them pretty late.)
come to Indiana!!

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:52 pm

IzziesGal wrote: Sorry, then. Hope it ends up working out for you!
Ha, thanks. I suppose Maddy is still a shot, but they said WL admits don't even start until May. Weak. I'll be looking at housing by then!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:53 pm

kiwislug wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:I'm waiting Indiana... (Iowa, too, but I sent the app. to them pretty late.)
come to Indiana!!
I very well may but first there's that pesky issue of being accepted...

MidwestJosh

Bronze

Post by MidwestJosh » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:53 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:
IzziesGal wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:
No, no I am not.
MidwestJosh wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:

Still waiting on W&L (although after this I have no hope about it) and there are still a few mid-west schools left that I can try for - I'm waiting Indiana... (Iowa, too, but I sent the app. to them pretty late.)
Maybe its because you've been so positive about this whole cycle and congratulatory with everyone... and because you clearly worked your ass off in ug... but i'm seriously bummed for you about MN/WI. As if I know you or something. hehe

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:55 pm

MidwestJosh wrote: Maybe its because you've been so positive about this whole cycle and congratulatory with everyone... and because you clearly worked your ass off in ug... but i'm seriously bummed for you about MN/WI. As if I know you or something. hehe
Well I appreciate the positivity, stranger or otherwise, haha. Honestly, I think it's due to my LSAT score, the fact that I got the same one twice in a row, and schools seemingly want to use this year to boost their rankings. Just bad timing, I suppose.

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:55 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:
Ha, thanks. I suppose Maddy is still a shot, but they said WL admits don't even start until May. Weak. I'll be looking at housing by then!
I suck at using the quote feature apparently...but you at least got what I was trying to say. I hear ya about the waitlist....there's a certain timeframe I set for myself where if I don't hear back from schools by then, I am just scratching them off my list. Although I have heard of people switching as late as the first day of class (a coworker went from Georgetown to Penn on the first day, and another from Penn to NYU). If you're single, don't have any commitments where you are, and don't mind about losing any money, it can be done!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:58 pm

IzziesGal wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:
I suck at using the quote feature apparently...but you at least got what I was trying to say. I hear ya about the waitlist....there's a certain timeframe I set for myself where if I don't hear back from schools by then, I am just scratching them off my list. Although I have heard of people switching as late as the first day of class (a coworker went from Georgetown to Penn on the first day, and another from Penn to NYU). If you're single, don't have any commitments where you are, and don't mind about losing any money, it can be done!
The only one that gets me. When there is no money to be lost, I can't take chances. Maybe I'll take out a separate loan just for seat/housing deposits...

nvoight911

Bronze

Post by nvoight911 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:52 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:
MidwestJosh wrote: Maybe its because you've been so positive about this whole cycle and congratulatory with everyone... and because you clearly worked your ass off in ug... but i'm seriously bummed for you about MN/WI. As if I know you or something. hehe
Well I appreciate the positivity, stranger or otherwise, haha. Honestly, I think it's due to my LSAT score, the fact that I got the same one twice in a row, and schools seemingly want to use this year to boost their rankings. Just bad timing, I suppose.

Yeah both of us would have probably been in last cycle.

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:55 pm

nvoight911 wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:

Ow with a 161. They seem like real sticklers for that specific score. Which means that one question I changed in June could have meant... ahhh, I'm not starting this again.

Anonymous0L

Post by Anonymous0L » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:58 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:
nvoight911 wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:

Ow with a 161. They seem like real sticklers for that specific score. Which means that one question I changed in June could have meant... ahhh, I'm not starting this again.

I don't think there is a "wall" this cycle, they took a 148/3.15 URM. But I think you definitely have to have a high LSAT score this time around or have really special soft factors.
Last edited by Anonymous0L on Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”