Columbia Law School 2012!

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
User avatar
Prodigy
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:05 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby Prodigy » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:47 pm

Have you guys all already filled out FAFSA, NeedAccess, and the Questionnaire?

User avatar
frank_the_tank
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby frank_the_tank » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:47 pm

lex talionis wrote:
frank_the_tank wrote:wtf!! my ham sandwich just caught on fire in the oven...

Why was your ham sandwich in the oven to begin with?



I was trying to pull a Quizno's. Ended up with a fireball.

User avatar
frank_the_tank
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby frank_the_tank » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:48 pm

Prodigy wrote:Have you guys all already filled out FAFSA, NeedAccess, and the Questionnaire?


Yes, No, Yes.

User avatar
Skadden Stairs
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:47 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby Skadden Stairs » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:56 pm

frank_the_tank wrote:
lex talionis wrote:
frank_the_tank wrote:wtf!! my ham sandwich just caught on fire in the oven...

Why was your ham sandwich in the oven to begin with?



I was trying to pull a Quizno's. Ended up with a fireball.

I'd kill for a sub right now. But I'm too lazy... subway delivers, but only to the outside gate of campus.

User avatar
whyamidoingthis
Posts: 254
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:31 am

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby whyamidoingthis » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:43 pm

frank_the_tank wrote:
lex talionis wrote:
frank_the_tank wrote:wtf!! my ham sandwich just caught on fire in the oven...

Why was your ham sandwich in the oven to begin with?



I was trying to pull a Quizno's. Ended up with a fireball.


tried that once...it started smoking. did you have actual flames?

User avatar
frank_the_tank
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby frank_the_tank » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:34 pm

whyamidoingthis wrote:
frank_the_tank wrote:
lex talionis wrote:
frank_the_tank wrote:wtf!! my ham sandwich just caught on fire in the oven...

Why was your ham sandwich in the oven to begin with?



I was trying to pull a Quizno's. Ended up with a fireball.


tried that once...it started smoking. did you have actual flames?


yeah. it was on some tin foil that I usually toast garlic bread on...but maybe there was some kind of oil from the ham that came off. the sandwich itself wasn't on fire..just the rest of the pan

User avatar
LGK
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:35 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby LGK » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:57 pm

Prodigy wrote:Have you guys all already filled out FAFSA, NeedAccess, and the Questionnaire?


Filled out FAFSA, NeedAccess, amended both, filled out the Questionnaire, filled out NeedAccess for my fiance and sent to CLS, sent in my parents' tax forms, sent in my tax forms, sent in my fiance's tax forms.

Now I just need to send them a copy of my shiny Chicago scholly letter and see what happens...

jacko
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:00 am

3.9+ ED to Columbia

Postby jacko » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:00 am

I just got the bright idea to ask this to posters that have actually been accepted to Columbia. My question is this; at what point is it a good idea to apply ED to a school like Columbia? I have a 3.9+ and will take the LSAT in June. I'm wondering if I get 170 maybe apply ED, 172 or 173 maybe apply regular decision to others in the top 10? Other factors might be that I go to a relatively unknown school and am not really sure about my career goals so I would love to go to an overall high quality school that will assist me in whatever career path I choose.

User avatar
yagrish
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby yagrish » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:13 am

Prodigy wrote:Have you guys all already filled out FAFSA, NeedAccess, and the Questionnaire?


YES! I spent two hours on NeedAccess - oh, the irony of paying $30 to apply for need-based financial aid

User avatar
Prodigy
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:05 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby Prodigy » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:51 pm

Yeah - the forms are a pain the ass, even though my parents got stuck doing the brunt of the work. :o

Just a reminder.. NeedAccess, FAFSA, the Questionnaire and your tax returns are all due by March 1st.

Lost77
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:50 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby Lost77 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:02 am

Hey! I'm new to this forum, so I don't know if this has been talked about before - but anyone going to the open house next week? Suggestions on classes that might be cool to sit in on?

daisyduck
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:04 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby daisyduck » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:10 pm

hey ladies n gents! i haven't read the entire thread yet but im gonna jump right in.
i don't think i can make next wk's program, but i will be going to 3/25-26 one. yay!

User avatar
frank_the_tank
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby frank_the_tank » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:44 pm

daisyduck wrote:hey ladies n gents! i haven't read the entire thread yet but im gonna jump right in.
i don't think i can make next wk's program, but i will be going to 3/25-26 one. yay!


Welcome Daisy and Congrats! I'll also be going to that one so, see ya there!

User avatar
SleekFire
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:13 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby SleekFire » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:52 pm

frank_the_tank wrote:
daisyduck wrote:hey ladies n gents! i haven't read the entire thread yet but im gonna jump right in.
i don't think i can make next wk's program, but i will be going to 3/25-26 one. yay!


Welcome Daisy and Congrats! I'll also be going to that one so, see ya there!


Ill be there then as well!

Looking forward to meeting you all!

User avatar
Lem37
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:50 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby Lem37 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:10 pm

Just sent in my acceptance/deposit today. Guess I'm officially a member of Columbia Law 2012! Whoo!

User avatar
yagrish
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby yagrish » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:32 am

SleekFire wrote:
frank_the_tank wrote:
daisyduck wrote:hey ladies n gents! i haven't read the entire thread yet but im gonna jump right in.
i don't think i can make next wk's program, but i will be going to 3/25-26 one. yay!


Welcome Daisy and Congrats! I'll also be going to that one so, see ya there!


Ill be there then as well!

Looking forward to meeting you all!


me, too! Are you guys staying with current students?

06132010
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby 06132010 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:52 am

does anyone know what we're supposed to wear for the admitted student events on March 4th and 5th.

also... my parents really want to come. is anyone bringing their parents? lol.

yqsong
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby yqsong » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:10 pm

booyakasha45 wrote:does anyone know what we're supposed to wear for the admitted student events on March 4th and 5th.

also... my parents really want to come. is anyone bringing their parents? lol.



i am not....flight is too expensive....

did u guys get the "assigned case reading".....damn..school hasn't even started and they are making us read :(

06132010
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby 06132010 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:13 pm

yqsong wrote:
booyakasha45 wrote:does anyone know what we're supposed to wear for the admitted student events on March 4th and 5th.

also... my parents really want to come. is anyone bringing their parents? lol.



i am not....flight is too expensive....

did u guys get the "assigned case reading".....damn..school hasn't even started and they are making us read :(


I'm from Long Island, so unfortunately it's not expensive to bring my parents. I'm hoping at least one other person is bringing his/her parents so I'm not embarrassed.

I didn't get the "assigned case reading" yet. What is it?

User avatar
frank_the_tank
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby frank_the_tank » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:48 pm

yagrish wrote:
SleekFire wrote:
frank_the_tank wrote:
daisyduck wrote:hey ladies n gents! i haven't read the entire thread yet but im gonna jump right in.
i don't think i can make next wk's program, but i will be going to 3/25-26 one. yay!


Welcome Daisy and Congrats! I'll also be going to that one so, see ya there!


Ill be there then as well!

Looking forward to meeting you all!


me, too! Are you guys staying with current students?


Yep, I am! I had to e-mail a bunch of them though to find out who has space available.

booyakasha45 wrote:does anyone know what we're supposed to wear for the admitted student events on March 4th and 5th.

also... my parents really want to come. is anyone bringing their parents? lol.


Haha..No way. My parents will not be coming.

06132010
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby 06132010 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:26 pm

frank_the_tank wrote:
booyakasha45 wrote:does anyone know what we're supposed to wear for the admitted student events on March 4th and 5th.

also... my parents really want to come. is anyone bringing their parents? lol.


Haha..No way. My parents will not be coming.


Haha. ug. Mine are insistent. If you see some embarrassed girl trailing five feet behind two very excited middle aged people, you'll know it's me.

User avatar
SleekFire
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:13 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby SleekFire » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:16 pm

booyakasha45 wrote:
frank_the_tank wrote:
booyakasha45 wrote:does anyone know what we're supposed to wear for the admitted student events on March 4th and 5th.

also... my parents really want to come. is anyone bringing their parents? lol.


Haha..No way. My parents will not be coming.


Haha. ug. Mine are insistent. If you see some embarrassed girl trailing five feet behind two very excited middle aged people, you'll know it's me.



LOL.

Comeon, cut them some slack their daughter just got into one of the best law schools in the world! Give them a chance to be happy!

(My parents won't be attending, as the flights are too expensive, but truthfully I wouldn't mind if they came....)
(I'll be there for the second one so unfortunately I will be missing "the embarrassed girl trailing behind two very excited middle aged people" ;-) )

06132010
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby 06132010 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:54 pm

SleekFire wrote:
LOL.

Comeon, cut them some slack their daughter just got into one of the best law schools in the world! Give them a chance to be happy!

(My parents won't be attending, as the flights are too expensive, but truthfully I wouldn't mind if they came....)
(I'll be there for the second one so unfortunately I will be missing "the embarrassed girl trailing behind two very excited middle aged people" ;-) )


Well, it's supposed to snow a lot and I might not be able to drive home, so you might be in luck if I have to attend the second ASW. Although, by that point I might find a way to finagle myself out of this potentially embarrassing situation.

06132010
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby 06132010 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:50 am

I just found out I can't drive home because of all the snow. Embarrassment averted.

User avatar
Skadden Stairs
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:47 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby Skadden Stairs » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:58 pm

frank_the_tank wrote:
whyamidoingthis wrote:what sort of housing are you future CLSers going to request???


I'm thinking Lenfest.

nooo... come slum it with me in the apartment shares on the "400" block of West 115th Street




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest