Columbia Law School 2012!

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
zero1
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:50 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby zero1 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:53 pm

dev2012 wrote:Earlier this week, I ponied up to work out at Dodge; I wasn't terribly impressed with the facilities, tbh. I'm also thinking about other uptown gyms. Plus, Dodge is actually closed from tomorrow through the 17th.



You didn't need a sponsor?

User avatar
dev2012
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby dev2012 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:03 pm

No. The woman at the desk did fill out a guest form, but under the section for sponsor, she just wrote "Self." I asked to clarify, and she said that incoming students can "sponsor" themselves. Also, I wasn't asked for any proof of my status, fyi.

User avatar
DrmgSprs
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 9:11 am

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby DrmgSprs » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:39 pm

Anyone want to hang out tonight?

User avatar
frank_the_tank
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby frank_the_tank » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:01 pm

Arriving tomorrow around 5! Exciting~~~

06132010
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby 06132010 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 am

A few of us are going to be at the Village Pourhouse (on Amsterdam between 108th and 109th) Monday night at 10:30 if anyone wants to meet up for drinks. Message me if you're interested.

imchuckbass58
Posts: 1245
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby imchuckbass58 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:32 am

Is anyone going on either the UN or the Federal Reserve tours?

06132010
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby 06132010 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:33 am

imchuckbass58 wrote:Is anyone going on either the UN or the Federal Reserve tours?


I got waitlisted for the UN tour.

User avatar
DrmgSprs
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 9:11 am

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby DrmgSprs » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:36 am

booyakasha45 wrote:imchuckbass58 wrote:
Is anyone going on either the UN or the Federal Reserve tours?


I got waitlisted for the UN tour.


I was also waitlisted for the UN but am going to the Federal Reserve.

imchuckbass58
Posts: 1245
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby imchuckbass58 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:43 am

DrmgSprs wrote:
booyakasha45 wrote:imchuckbass58 wrote:
Is anyone going on either the UN or the Federal Reserve tours?


I got waitlisted for the UN tour.


I was also waitlisted for the UN but am going to the Federal Reserve.


Does anyone have any experience with waitlists? Should we send an LOCI? Addition recommendation?

Just kidding.....

I sent an email asking to go to the federal reserve tour, but have not heard back yet.

Also, you're not missing terribly much with the UN tour. You basically visit a bunch of conference rooms that look like they were decorated in the 50s and 60s (because they were), and get to take pictures banging your shoe on the same podium where Kruschev banged his shoe.

06132010
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby 06132010 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:48 am

imchuckbass58 wrote:
DrmgSprs wrote:
booyakasha45 wrote:imchuckbass58 wrote:
Is anyone going on either the UN or the Federal Reserve tours?


I got waitlisted for the UN tour.


I was also waitlisted for the UN but am going to the Federal Reserve.


Does anyone have any experience with waitlists? Should we send an LOCI? Addition recommendation?

Just kidding.....

I sent an email asking to go to the federal reserve tour, but have not heard back yet.

Also, you're not missing terribly much with the UN tour. You basically visit a bunch of conference rooms that look like they were decorated in the 50s and 60s (because they were), and get to take pictures banging your shoe on the same podium where Kruschev banged his shoe.


I was more interested in the free happy hour.

sbalive
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:05 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby sbalive » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:39 pm

booyakasha45 wrote:
imchuckbass58 wrote:
DrmgSprs wrote:
booyakasha45 wrote:imchuckbass58 wrote:
Is anyone going on either the UN or the Federal Reserve tours?


I got waitlisted for the UN tour.


I was also waitlisted for the UN but am going to the Federal Reserve.


Does anyone have any experience with waitlists? Should we send an LOCI? Addition recommendation?

Just kidding.....

I sent an email asking to go to the federal reserve tour, but have not heard back yet.

Also, you're not missing terribly much with the UN tour. You basically visit a bunch of conference rooms that look like they were decorated in the 50s and 60s (because they were), and get to take pictures banging your shoe on the same podium where Kruschev banged his shoe.


I was more interested in the free happy hour.


+1.

Also got on the waitlist. :x Haven't heard back about the Fed tour yet, so I'm expecting a waitlist or rejection from that as well.

sbalive
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:05 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby sbalive » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:40 pm

Lem37 wrote:
sbalive wrote:Done! I live in New York now 8)


Aw, how did it all work out? Moving sucks - I feel for you.


Thanks - and it's not done yet. I ended up breaking it up into a couple of pieces, with the rest of my stuff coming next week. At least the weather wasn't awful on the weekend - not like today.

Good luck on everyone else moving today and later this week!

User avatar
Lem37
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:50 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby Lem37 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:36 pm

I am walking around Morningside Heights today, hungover as fuck from my birthday. So if you see me (blonde hair, huge sunglasses, looking like I'm in pain), maybe it's best if you say hi later. Sigh. :D

User avatar
whyamidoingthis
Posts: 254
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:31 am

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby whyamidoingthis » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:22 pm

sbalive wrote:
booyakasha45 wrote:
imchuckbass58 wrote:
DrmgSprs wrote:
I was also waitlisted for the UN but am going to the Federal Reserve.


Does anyone have any experience with waitlists? Should we send an LOCI? Addition recommendation?

Just kidding.....

I sent an email asking to go to the federal reserve tour, but have not heard back yet.

Also, you're not missing terribly much with the UN tour. You basically visit a bunch of conference rooms that look like they were decorated in the 50s and 60s (because they were), and get to take pictures banging your shoe on the same podium where Kruschev banged his shoe.


I was more interested in the free happy hour.


+1.

Also got on the waitlist. :x Haven't heard back about the Fed tour yet, so I'm expecting a waitlist or rejection from that as well.


wait, seriously? I haven't even tried sending an email yet, it didn't occur to me that ppl could be waitlisted. whoops.

06132010
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby 06132010 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:33 pm

Lem37 wrote:I am walking around Morningside Heights today, hungover as fuck from my birthday. So if you see me (blonde hair, huge sunglasses, looking like I'm in pain), maybe it's best if you say hi later. Sigh. :D


drink it off... and happy birthday.

User avatar
Lem37
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:50 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby Lem37 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:35 pm

booyakasha45 wrote:
Lem37 wrote:I am walking around Morningside Heights today, hungover as fuck from my birthday. So if you see me (blonde hair, huge sunglasses, looking like I'm in pain), maybe it's best if you say hi later. Sigh. :D


drink it off... and happy birthday.


I think if I even look at alcohol, I might get flashback-vertigo.

User avatar
DavidMorales
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:29 am

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby DavidMorales » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:42 pm

went over to Kent hall for my ID, told me law school had it. went over to law school told me building on Amsterdam had it. went over to law school student services and they told me we're not allowed to get ID until they give it to us at orientation.

zero1
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:50 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby zero1 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:54 pm

DavidMorales wrote:went over to Kent hall for my ID, told me law school had it. went over to law school told me building on Amsterdam had it. went over to law school student services and they told me we're not allowed to get ID until they give it to us at orientation.



Yep. Sucks, but oh well. Since the gym is closed anyway, I ran around Central Park. Awesome.

User avatar
frank_the_tank
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby frank_the_tank » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:18 pm

Pretty forking hot with no AC.

06132010
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby 06132010 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:43 pm

does anyone have the link to the grant biography sheet? I can't find it.

User avatar
DrmgSprs
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 9:11 am

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby DrmgSprs » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:05 pm

booyakasha45 wrote:does anyone have the link to the grant biography sheet? I can't find it.



http://www.law.columbia.edu/current_student/grantform

06132010
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby 06132010 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:26 pm

DrmgSprs wrote:
booyakasha45 wrote:does anyone have the link to the grant biography sheet? I can't find it.



http://www.law.columbia.edu/current_student/grantform


gracias

User avatar
thrillhouse
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:42 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby thrillhouse » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:46 pm

We are playing a show again at the Cake Shop on Sunday at 8pm. It's a cheap and relaxing way to spend the last evening before we are all officially law students!

User avatar
MeTalkPrettyOneDay
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby MeTalkPrettyOneDay » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:50 pm

thrillhouse wrote:We are playing a show again at the Cake Shop on Sunday at 8pm. It's a cheap and relaxing way to spend the last evening before we are all officially law students!

This place, on the Lower East Side: http://cake-shop.com/? And Google Maps.

That sounds like fun. I'll try and make it down if I can. If anyone else is thinking of going, reply here or PM.

In other good news, I'll finally be at my apartment by then. Tomorrow I get my keys and drop off a few bags, but I won't be in the city much until Saturday.
Last edited by MeTalkPrettyOneDay on Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
thrillhouse
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:42 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby thrillhouse » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:54 pm

MeTalkPrettyOneDay wrote:
thrillhouse wrote:We are playing a show again at the Cake Shop on Sunday at 8pm. It's a cheap and relaxing way to spend the last evening before we are all officially law students!

This place, on the Lower East Side: http://cake-shop.com/? And Google Maps.

That sounds like fun. I'll try and make it down if I can. If anyone else is thinking of going, reply here or PM.

Also, in other good news, I'll finally be at my apartment by then. Tomorrow I get my keys and drop off a few bags, but I won't be in the city much until Saturday.


That's the place! That'd be so great if you and others can make it out. Congrats on finally getting your place.

On that note, I have some household items that some might need. I have offered a tv and dvd player here. I also have some dishes. PM me if you have needs. I may be able to help you out.




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest