Columbia Law School 2012!

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
zero1
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:50 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby zero1 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:18 pm

Lem37 wrote:I'm in my apartment. Keeping it like a refrigerator. Thank God utilities are included. Anyway, since I'm skimming off the LS's wireless, if anyone wants to reach me to hang, my number is in my FB profile.



What are you going to do this week? Party? Read?

06132010
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby 06132010 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:12 pm

zero1 wrote:
Lem37 wrote:I'm in my apartment. Keeping it like a refrigerator. Thank God utilities are included. Anyway, since I'm skimming off the LS's wireless, if anyone wants to reach me to hang, my number is in my FB profile.



What are you going to do this week? Party? Read?


both?

User avatar
Lem37
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:50 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby Lem37 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:35 pm

zero1 wrote:
Lem37 wrote:I'm in my apartment. Keeping it like a refrigerator. Thank God utilities are included. Anyway, since I'm skimming off the LS's wireless, if anyone wants to reach me to hang, my number is in my FB profile.



What are you going to do this week? Party? Read?


So far I've explored the area a little. I get basic cable, too, which is nice. Bought a baguette, some brie, and a bottle of wine, currently relaxing after the stress of my move.

User avatar
deneuve39
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby deneuve39 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:10 pm

Anyone want to meet up later for drinks somewhere in Morningside Heights? I just got done scrubbing every surface I could find in the bathroom and kitchen...ugh.

06132010
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby 06132010 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:19 pm

I had to run back to Long Island because of some family stuff but if anyone wants to get drinks tomorrow or Thursday I'm around.

User avatar
thrillhouse
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:42 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby thrillhouse » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:35 pm

What would it take on my end to get some of you to come out to see our rock show tomorrow evening? I'd like to meet you all and, since I live in Jersey, it'll be mighty convenient for me. Is there something I can do to entice you? For the ladies, one of the band members (most definitely not me) is single and looks like a J-crew model. For the fellas, I don't know what to say, there will be ladies there to see pete?

User avatar
deneuve39
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby deneuve39 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:24 pm

booyakasha45 wrote:I had to run back to Long Island because of some family stuff but if anyone wants to get drinks tomorrow or Thursday I'm around.


I'm down for either night; but probably not til 9 or so due to dinner plans...

User avatar
HugerThanSoup
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:32 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby HugerThanSoup » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:29 am

How was the move-in process for everyone? Was the lease signing rather quick and painless?

I move in on my birthday next Monday (August 10th), so I'm hoping all goes rather smoothly (that way, I can get on with more important things - namely, drinking and socializing).

nyydem
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:06 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby nyydem » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:32 am

HugerThanSoup wrote:How was the move-in process for everyone? Was the lease signing rather quick and painless?

I move in on my birthday next Monday (August 10th), so I'm hoping all goes rather smoothly (that way, I can get on with more important things - namely, drinking and socializing).


I had my move-in appointment today - it was pretty painless. Just make sure you have your 2 passport sized photos - all you have to do is sign a few documents and give some other basic info, then they send you to your building to get keys from your superintendent. Whole thing took less than an hour.

User avatar
HugerThanSoup
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:32 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby HugerThanSoup » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:38 am

nyydem wrote:
HugerThanSoup wrote:How was the move-in process for everyone? Was the lease signing rather quick and painless?

I move in on my birthday next Monday (August 10th), so I'm hoping all goes rather smoothly (that way, I can get on with more important things - namely, drinking and socializing).


I had my move-in appointment today - it was pretty painless. Just make sure you have your 2 passport sized photos - all you have to do is sign a few documents and give some other basic info, then they send you to your building to get keys from your superintendent. Whole thing took less than an hour.


Right on, thanks for the feedback.

imchuckbass58
Posts: 1245
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby imchuckbass58 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:47 am

Lex, deneuve and booya (and anyone else who wants to come, you're just the ones who have expressed interest) - want to do drinks tonight in the UWS/Morningside area? If you guys want to come down near me (96th street) I know a bunch of bars around here, but it might make sense to meet up by where all you guys are. I'm thinking 930 or 10. Does that work?

In other news, I just reserved my first locker since high school.

sbalive
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:05 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby sbalive » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:22 am

imchuckbass58 wrote:In other news, I just reserved my first locker since high school.


I'm so depressed. Right now I'm sitting in a large air conditioned office with a view of the Philly skyline, about to reserve a locker. :cry:

Does anyone know which are the good lockers? Where do the cool kids have their lockers?

User avatar
Skadden Stairs
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:47 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby Skadden Stairs » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:26 am

sbalive wrote:
imchuckbass58 wrote:In other news, I just reserved my first locker since high school.


I'm so depressed. Right now I'm sitting in a large air conditioned office with a view of the Philly skyline, about to reserve a locker. :cry:

Does anyone know which are the good lockers? Where do the cool kids have their lockers?

--ImageRemoved--

sbalive
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:05 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby sbalive » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:30 am

:lol:

Yay, high school.

:|

sbalive
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:05 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby sbalive » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:31 am

All the lockers I want are already taken.

06132010
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby 06132010 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:04 am

imchuckbass58 wrote:Lex, deneuve and booya (and anyone else who wants to come, you're just the ones who have expressed interest) - want to do drinks tonight in the UWS/Morningside area? If you guys want to come down near me (96th street) I know a bunch of bars around here, but it might make sense to meet up by where all you guys are. I'm thinking 930 or 10. Does that work?

In other news, I just reserved my first locker since high school.


sure... there's more stuff to do down there anyway.

In other news, I totally forgot about lockers.

User avatar
thrillhouse
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:42 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby thrillhouse » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:18 am

I got locker 1208. Is that where all the cool kids have lockers?

imchuckbass58
Posts: 1245
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby imchuckbass58 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:22 am

Any preferences for place?

Cheap: http://nymag.com/listings/bar/amsterdam-106/

More offbeat: http://nymag.com/listings/bar/dive-bar/

A little fratty, but very fun: http://nymag.com/listings/bar/jakes-dilemma/

The Columbia bar: http://nymag.com/listings/bar/lions_head_tavern/

I think I'm locker 831 or something like that.

06132010
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby 06132010 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:24 am

thrillhouse wrote:I got locker 1208. Is that where all the cool kids have lockers?


the cool kids are in the 5 section.

Image

User avatar
thrillhouse
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:42 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby thrillhouse » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:49 am

booyakasha45 wrote:
thrillhouse wrote:I got locker 1208. Is that where all the cool kids have lockers?


the cool kids are in the 5 section.

Image


Well, shit. I guess it was bound to happen given that I am neither "cool" nor a "kid"...

User avatar
deneuve39
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby deneuve39 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:00 pm

I'm out running errands and law net is not cooperating with my blackberry, guess reserving a locker will have to wait til I return from brookyln. I like the last 2 bars! And 9 30 or 10 is perfect.
The

06132010
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby 06132010 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:04 pm

should we make a separate thread for this?

imchuckbass58
Posts: 1245
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby imchuckbass58 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:10 pm

deneuve39 wrote:I'm out running errands and law net is not cooperating with my blackberry, guess reserving a locker will have to wait til I return from brookyln. I like the last 2 bars! And 9 30 or 10 is perfect.
The


OK, let's do Jake's Dilemma at 10. It's at 81st and Amsterdam - probably your best bet is taking the 1 to 79th.

I'll post on the facebook group and admitnet to see if anyone else wants to come.

If anyone wants to come besides booya and deneuve, PM me and I'll give you my cell number so you can find us.

06132010
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby 06132010 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:13 pm

we'll be dressed head to toe in Columbia gear, so it won't be hard to spot us.

User avatar
thrillhouse
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:42 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby thrillhouse » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:17 pm

imchuckbass58 wrote:
deneuve39 wrote:I'm out running errands and law net is not cooperating with my blackberry, guess reserving a locker will have to wait til I return from brookyln. I like the last 2 bars! And 9 30 or 10 is perfect.
The


OK, let's do Jake's Dilemma at 10. It's at 81st and Amsterdam - probably your best bet is taking the 1 to 79th.

I'll post on the facebook group and admitnet to see if anyone else wants to come.

If anyone wants to come besides booya and deneuve, PM me and I'll give you my cell number so you can find us.


I may make it up there. It'll be after our show, so I hope you don't mind a slightly sweaty guy...




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests