Columbia Law School 2012!

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
j73723
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:24 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby j73723 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:44 pm

Hi everyone. I'm an incoming international student from a country where facebook is not popular at all...I didn't have an account until a few days ago. Would anybody please tell me how to find and join the facebook group of CLS class of 2012? I tried to use the "search" function but couldn't find it.

Thanks a lot! Really looking foward to meeting all of you in August!

User avatar
deneuve39
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby deneuve39 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:06 pm

j73723 wrote:Hi everyone. I'm an incoming international student from a country where facebook is not popular at all...I didn't have an account until a few days ago. Would anybody please tell me how to find and join the facebook group of CLS class of 2012? I tried to use the "search" function but couldn't find it.

Thanks a lot! Really looking foward to meeting all of you in August!


If you search for "Columbia Law School Class of 2012" it should come up. It's private though so you have to request to join.

User avatar
jmat
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:30 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby jmat » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:09 pm

Heya all. Has anyone actually managed to get together yet this summer in NYC? If not, we should plan on something for next week as it is a) supposed to be ridiculously beautiful out; b) as good a time as any. Let me know if there's any interest and we can plan something soon.

UnknownElementX
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:43 am

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby UnknownElementX » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:58 pm

anyone else do the entrance interview and have no idea what to fill in on the monthly estimate page...
I absolutely hate forms like this.

User avatar
frank_the_tank
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby frank_the_tank » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:00 pm

UnknownElementX wrote:anyone else do the entrance interview and have no idea what to fill in on the monthly estimate page...
I absolutely hate forms like this.


I'm nearly 100% positive it doesn't matter what you put down. None of that information is stored. It is just supposed to be an exercise for you to realize the amount of debt you may have in the future.

06132010
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby 06132010 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:01 pm

jmat wrote:Heya all. Has anyone actually managed to get together yet this summer in NYC? If not, we should plan on something for next week as it is a) supposed to be ridiculously beautiful out; b) as good a time as any. Let me know if there's any interest and we can plan something soon.


I'm down. Are many other people moved in yet?

User avatar
Lem37
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:50 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby Lem37 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:09 pm

UnknownElementX wrote:anyone else do the entrance interview and have no idea what to fill in on the monthly estimate page...
I absolutely hate forms like this.


This took me forever. Ugh. UGH.

UnknownElementX
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:43 am

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby UnknownElementX » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:35 pm

yah, I definitely clicked enter after filling in nothing. After seeing "for personal info" I was like.."done"

UnknownElementX
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:43 am

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby UnknownElementX » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:36 pm

by the way. I'm planning to fly in on the 2nd for a move in on the 3rd. Anyone already settled and able to spare a couch for me to crash on? otherwise ill just find a hotel.

06132010
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby 06132010 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:04 pm

I've got an inflatable mattress.

jalstar
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:28 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby jalstar » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:36 pm

booyakasha45 wrote:
jmat wrote:jmat wrote:
Heya all. Has anyone actually managed to get together yet this summer in NYC? If not, we should plan on something for next week as it is a) supposed to be ridiculously beautiful out; b) as good a time as any. Let me know if there's any interest and we can plan something soon.



I'm down. Are many other people moved in yet?


I move in on the 27th and I'm also down to get together/plan something.

Anyone have a picture of a Lenfast studio they can show me? I want to know exactly what I'm getting into.

06132010
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby 06132010 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:38 pm

jalstar wrote:
booyakasha45 wrote:
jmat wrote:jmat wrote:
Heya all. Has anyone actually managed to get together yet this summer in NYC? If not, we should plan on something for next week as it is a) supposed to be ridiculously beautiful out; b) as good a time as any. Let me know if there's any interest and we can plan something soon.



I'm down. Are many other people moved in yet?


I move in on the 27th and I'm also down to get together/plan something.

Anyone have a picture of a Lenfast studio they can show me? I want to know exactly what I'm getting into.


I'll put up a picture of mine when I go back there later.

User avatar
MeTalkPrettyOneDay
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby MeTalkPrettyOneDay » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:56 pm

I think I've been gone too long. I come back and don't recognize half the tars :O

User avatar
Lem37
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:50 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby Lem37 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:11 pm

jalstar wrote:
booyakasha45 wrote:
jmat wrote:jmat wrote:
Heya all. Has anyone actually managed to get together yet this summer in NYC? If not, we should plan on something for next week as it is a) supposed to be ridiculously beautiful out; b) as good a time as any. Let me know if there's any interest and we can plan something soon.



I'm down. Are many other people moved in yet?


I move in on the 27th and I'm also down to get together/plan something.

Anyone have a picture of a Lenfast studio they can show me? I want to know exactly what I'm getting into.


I'm moving in August 1st, and will be ready to party after a good night's sleep on August 2nd. Let me know what's happenin'.

imchuckbass58
Posts: 1245
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby imchuckbass58 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:10 pm

I'm in NYC, but at my parents' place till I move in August 1st (I feel like I'm high school). So yeah, if you guys want to get together anytime, let me know.

laws555
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:13 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby laws555 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:38 pm

Hey guys,

I am an incoming transfer student 2L and I have no idea where to live. I don't really want columbia housing and want to live further south. What would be a cool area to live thats a 30 min or less commute?

User avatar
frank_the_tank
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby frank_the_tank » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:39 pm

laws555 wrote:Hey guys,

I am an incoming transfer student 2L and I have no idea where to live. I don't really want columbia housing and want to live further south. What would be a cool area to live thats a 30 min or less commute?


little bit on the late side, eh? :wink:

sbalive
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:05 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby sbalive » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:36 pm

So, I didn't realize that the picture we were submitting to AdmitNet was going to be THE picture - the one that would be on the ID card! I thought it was just some cheesy picture for their faux-facebook-like site... Now I'm totally bummed out, because I'm just some weird dude with a mountain in the backdrop. And it's too late to change it :(

User avatar
Antipodean
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 3:40 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby Antipodean » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:37 pm

sbalive wrote:So, I didn't realize that the picture we were submitting to AdmitNet was going to be THE picture - the one that would be on the ID card! I thought it was just some cheesy picture for their faux-facebook-like site... Now I'm totally bummed out, because I'm just some weird dude with a mountain in the backdrop. And it's too late to change it :(

Don't worry, there are people with worse.

sbalive
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:05 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby sbalive » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:39 pm

Antipodean wrote:
sbalive wrote:So, I didn't realize that the picture we were submitting to AdmitNet was going to be THE picture - the one that would be on the ID card! I thought it was just some cheesy picture for their faux-facebook-like site... Now I'm totally bummed out, because I'm just some weird dude with a mountain in the backdrop. And it's too late to change it :(

Don't worry, there are people with worse.


Yeah, AdmitNet's kind of a murderer's row... I hope we're all hotter in person!

:wink:

User avatar
frank_the_tank
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby frank_the_tank » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:44 pm

sbalive wrote:So, I didn't realize that the picture we were submitting to AdmitNet was going to be THE picture - the one that would be on the ID card! I thought it was just some cheesy picture for their faux-facebook-like site... Now I'm totally bummed out, because I'm just some weird dude with a mountain in the backdrop. And it's too late to change it :(


ah really? ok lets go see what sbalive looks like.......

sbalive
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:05 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby sbalive » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:45 pm

frank_the_tank wrote:
sbalive wrote:So, I didn't realize that the picture we were submitting to AdmitNet was going to be THE picture - the one that would be on the ID card! I thought it was just some cheesy picture for their faux-facebook-like site... Now I'm totally bummed out, because I'm just some weird dude with a mountain in the backdrop. And it's too late to change it :(


ah really? ok lets go see what sbalive looks like.......


I already told you - the photo is not a great representation. Not that I'm like a model or anything, but this was like 3 weeks into a backpacking trip.

User avatar
frank_the_tank
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby frank_the_tank » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:47 pm

sbalive wrote:
frank_the_tank wrote:
sbalive wrote:So, I didn't realize that the picture we were submitting to AdmitNet was going to be THE picture - the one that would be on the ID card! I thought it was just some cheesy picture for their faux-facebook-like site... Now I'm totally bummed out, because I'm just some weird dude with a mountain in the backdrop. And it's too late to change it :(


ah really? ok lets go see what sbalive looks like.......


I already told you - the photo is not a great representation. Not that I'm like a model or anything, but this was like 3 weeks into a backpacking trip.



haha I'm just kidding. I don't plan on searching through those hundreds of photos =)

where were you trekking?

sbalive
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:05 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby sbalive » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:49 pm

frank_the_tank wrote:
sbalive wrote:
frank_the_tank wrote:
sbalive wrote:So, I didn't realize that the picture we were submitting to AdmitNet was going to be THE picture - the one that would be on the ID card! I thought it was just some cheesy picture for their faux-facebook-like site... Now I'm totally bummed out, because I'm just some weird dude with a mountain in the backdrop. And it's too late to change it :(


ah really? ok lets go see what sbalive looks like.......


I already told you - the photo is not a great representation. Not that I'm like a model or anything, but this was like 3 weeks into a backpacking trip.



haha I'm just kidding. I don't plan on searching through those hundreds of photos =)

where were you trekking?


Spain, Morocco, Italy, Montenegro/Bosnia/Croatia... I think the photo that ended up getting used is from Croatia.

My assigned roommate seems to be doing just as well though in terms of the European traveling... I'm wondering how much stuff to ask him to contribute to his apartment. Do we want to invite other law students to our place? :?

User avatar
frank_the_tank
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby frank_the_tank » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:54 pm

haha

http://www.law.columbia.edu/null/1L+Ele ... howthumb=0

the class description of Law and Contemporary Society on page 11 is pretty funny.




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest