Columbia Law School 2012!

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
User avatar
frank_the_tank
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby frank_the_tank » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:02 pm

HugerThanSoup wrote:
lex talionis wrote:
HugerThanSoup wrote:Sorry, maybe I missed the answer to this, but how did you guys get floorplans? Was it linked in the e-mail?

Yessirs.


Are all apartments suppose to have it, or just some of them? I got my assignment a while ago (600 W. 114th) with roommate info, but nothing about the room I'm in.


I think there were a few other people that didn't get floorplans.

User avatar
HugerThanSoup
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:32 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby HugerThanSoup » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:03 pm

frank_the_tank wrote:
HugerThanSoup wrote:
lex talionis wrote:
HugerThanSoup wrote:Sorry, maybe I missed the answer to this, but how did you guys get floorplans? Was it linked in the e-mail?

Yessirs.


Are all apartments suppose to have it, or just some of them? I got my assignment a while ago (600 W. 114th) with roommate info, but nothing about the room I'm in.


I think there were a few other people that didn't get floorplans.


Oh well, I guess it'll just be a surprise when I move-in, then. Thanks for the responses.

User avatar
HugerThanSoup
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:32 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby HugerThanSoup » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:09 pm

Haha, lex you deleted it before I could even respond.

Yes, very creepy.
No, not as creepy as Frank's.
And yes, I found both to be equally funny.

User avatar
DavidMorales
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:29 am

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby DavidMorales » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:37 pm

I got an email stating the following and I answered by "reply" that I would attend.


As you may know, some law schools require a second deposit of their prospective
first-year students to confirm their place in the entering class. We do not. Like
all schools, however, we do need to confirm precisely who will be enrolling in our
2009 entering class. To that end, we are asking that you confirm whether or not you
will enroll at Columbia Law School this August (Registration and Orientation are
scheduled for August 17). Please respond to this email by checking one of the below
boxes as soon as you can, but no later than TUESDAY, JUNE 30, 2009.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Warm wishes,

Nkonye Iwerebon
Dean of Admissions

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Response - due by Tuesday, June 30:

[ ] I shall enroll at Columbia Law School this August.


[ ] I shall not enroll at Columbia Law School this August.

__ I will enroll at _________________ Law School.
__ I will not attend law school.


Please also submit the following:


jfab202
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:26 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby jfab202 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:24 pm

Got my housing assignment today. 2 bdrm share in Lionsgate. Anyone know where I can find a floorplan? There's no link in the offer email.

acegikm
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:21 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby acegikm » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:36 pm

jfab202 wrote:Got my housing assignment today. 2 bdrm share in Lionsgate. Anyone know where I can find a floorplan? There's no link in the offer email.


If you didn't get a floor plan, it's because one doesn't exist, so you won't know dimensions etc until move-in (according to phone call to UAH). Maybe Lionsgate is different than UAH shares though?

yqsong
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby yqsong » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:21 pm

got my housing too, 411 W 115th, and my room is so tiny compared to some of your 200 sq.feet
actually..mine is barely 100 sq. feet.

oh well, it is not the size that matters, it is how you use it.

how did you guys know what year your roomate is in? my roomate is only labelled as "law"

yqsong
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby yqsong » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:31 pm

any basketball fans here? Draft is tm, i will be watching it live and pray that my Raptors get somebody decent (Tyreke Evans?).

User avatar
Antipodean
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 3:40 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby Antipodean » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:02 am

yqsong wrote:got my housing too, 411 W 115th, and my room is so tiny compared to some of your 200 sq.feet
actually..mine is barely 100 sq. feet.

oh well, it is not the size that matters, it is how you use it.

how did you guys know what year your roomate is in? my roomate is only labelled as "law"

That might mean your roommate ticked the box on the housing application to nix sharing of contact details. Seems a little crazy to me - it's a lot easier sorting out arrangements with your roomie in advance, rather than showing up with two microwaves, two TVs, etc, etc.

06132010
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby 06132010 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:04 am

Antipodean wrote:
yqsong wrote:got my housing too, 411 W 115th, and my room is so tiny compared to some of your 200 sq.feet
actually..mine is barely 100 sq. feet.

oh well, it is not the size that matters, it is how you use it.

how did you guys know what year your roomate is in? my roomate is only labelled as "law"

That might mean your roommate ticked the box on the housing application to nix sharing of contact details. Seems a little crazy to me - it's a lot easier sorting out arrangements with your roomie in advance, rather than showing up with two microwaves, two TVs, etc, etc.


if that's the case, then it's probably a sign that your roommate is a little strange.

acegikm
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:21 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby acegikm » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:43 am


User avatar
Skadden Stairs
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:47 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby Skadden Stairs » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:41 am

acegikm wrote:http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2009/06/hermione_might_be_going_to_col.html

hehe

haha

The last time I was at U Edinburgh I kept on the lookout for Ron Weasley. No luck. Too bad she's such a horrible actress.

User avatar
Antipodean
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 3:40 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby Antipodean » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:58 am

acegikm wrote:http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2009/06/hermione_might_be_going_to_col.html

hehe

That easily one-ups NYU and their Olsen Twins. Then again, with her filming schedule I wouldn't expect to see much of Ms. Watson around campus.

06132010
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby 06132010 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:16 pm

did you guys get any sort of confirmation after responding to the E-mail with the enrollment questionnaire?

jpaul09
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:26 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby jpaul09 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:18 pm

No confirmation for me.

06132010
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby 06132010 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:20 pm

jpaul09 wrote:No confirmation for me.


thanks. I just wanted to make sure they didn't misunderstand that by "x" I meant check mark.

totebag
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:05 pm

.

Postby totebag » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:29 pm

.
Last edited by totebag on Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

imchuckbass58
Posts: 1245
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby imchuckbass58 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:33 pm

I did not get a confirmation.

User avatar
Lem37
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:50 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby Lem37 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:35 pm

Also didn't get a confirmation. And yes, I "X'd" the "I will be enrolling" box. Didn't think there was any other way to do it?

User avatar
MeTalkPrettyOneDay
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby MeTalkPrettyOneDay » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:16 pm

totebag wrote:
booyakasha45 wrote:did you guys get any sort of confirmation after responding to the E-mail with the enrollment questionnaire?



I did. I was thanked for enrolling.

Tote, I assume you asked for a confirmation.

Booya, I didn't get a confirmation either. No need to worry. Besides:
1. If they don't get your email, I'm sure they'll call you... they wouldn't drop someone over a silly email.
2. You have your copy of the email you sent, so if need be you can prove you actually responded.

But as I said.... I didn't get a confirmation either, so we're (almost) all in the same boat.

06132010
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby 06132010 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:19 pm

MeTalkPrettyOneDay wrote:
totebag wrote:
booyakasha45 wrote:did you guys get any sort of confirmation after responding to the E-mail with the enrollment questionnaire?



I did. I was thanked for enrolling.

Tote, I assume you asked for a confirmation.

Booya, I didn't get a confirmation either. No need to worry. Besides:
1. If they don't get your email, I'm sure they'll call you... they wouldn't drop someone over a silly email.
2. You have your copy of the email you sent, so if need be you can prove you actually responded.

But as I said.... I didn't get a confirmation either, so we're (almost) all in the same boat.


Cool, thanks everyone. I just found it weird that Columbia wouldn't confirm something like that.

totebag
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:05 pm

.

Postby totebag » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:47 pm

.
Last edited by totebag on Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dachillchick
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:09 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby dachillchick » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:22 pm

...anyone else sad that Michael Jackson died. :cry:

User avatar
whyamidoingthis
Posts: 254
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:31 am

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby whyamidoingthis » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:43 am

Lex, I'm so jealous about your big room! I think you're in one of the apts that I saw and wanted, guess I set my rent limit too low or something :(

User avatar
Skadden Stairs
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:47 pm

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Postby Skadden Stairs » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:54 am

whyamidoingthis wrote:Lex, I'm so jealous about your big room! I think you're in one of the apts that I saw and wanted, guess I set my rent limit too low or something :(

I bet it's because I bit the bullet and went with furnished.

You're welcome to 115th anytime. Just beware of Frank lurking in the fire escape.




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest